PDA

View Full Version : Still on Mullen's side

archdog
10-15-2016, 01:48 PM
I still have my doubts, but I am not ready to just throw away Mullen because of this season. The team is in a tight spot this year. Rebuilding has been much harder than it should have been, and the fanbase had high hopes for our potential, but we have fallen short of that potential.

Our team looks like they hate losing. I love that. We still miss obvious assignments on defense, and obvious opportunities on offense. Our biggest issues in my opinion are lack of on field leadership, the OL, and the constant changes at DC. Mullen needs to turn over control of the defense and let the DC run things. Hevesy needs to be gone tomorrow and Buckley needs to be on Juco OL 24/7. On the field leadership is an issue that Mullen can only foster, not control.

Also, Mullen needs to have fire and have fun with play calling and command of the team.

Not giving up yet, but the first time I hear Mullen even talking to another school, that will change everything.

msstate7
10-15-2016, 01:52 PM
Really wish Mullen would turn over play calling to Johnson. If Johnson isn't capable, hire an OC who is. Wanna get brad Peterson over te's. Wanna hire a new oline coach and get away from exclusive zone blocking.

Goldendawg
10-15-2016, 02:02 PM
msstate7, your avatar reminds me of a quote from maybe Skip Carey when the braves were terrible, Davis Wade will soon "see many fans disguised as empty seats". I could have lived (and still will) with a rebuilding year, but we have little talent in year 8 to even come close to a "rebuild". We are also not a young team, just a team filled with upper classmen who are finally starting and not SEC caliber at all. Time for a real youth movement. Get reps for them asap. Check the offer sheets of our 3 QB's and virtually any member of the OL. We even have one OL commit rated at about an .81 whose only other offer is from West Ga! Finding and developing a few diamonds in the rough is great, but not signing about half you class in this hope. We are in deep trouble and it will take years to recover from the mess.

I seen it dawg
10-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Well at least you have plenty of room and choice of seats on that bus.

BayouDawg
10-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Well at least you have plenty of room and choice of seats on that bus.

I thought it was a short bus

I seen it dawg
10-15-2016, 03:16 PM
It is

archdog
10-15-2016, 03:29 PM
Maybe plenty of seats left on this bus, but I am choosing to support the team, the university, and the coach. The terrible negativity has been very clear since the ball hit the upright game 1. The point has been made and made very clearly. My top post outlined the issues without belittling the entire MSU team. These guys have fight, just a few issues and I am going to believe Mullen can right the ship on those issues.

BayouDawg
10-15-2016, 03:36 PM
Maybe plenty of seats left on this bus, but I am choosing to support the team, the university, and the coach. The terrible negativity has been very clear since the ball hit the upright game 1. The point has been made and made very clearly. My top post outlined the issues without belittling the entire MSU team. These guys have fight, just a few issues and I am going to believe Mullen can right the ship on those issues.

Few generally means around 3. I wish we only had 3 little issues to work on at this point.

PassInterference
10-15-2016, 03:50 PM
I'm down with this. I think most people are.

Pretty sure Mullen is not. Ergo, this bus has no gas.

Hunkaburningdawg
10-15-2016, 06:07 PM
I still have my doubts, but I am not ready to just throw away Mullen because of this season. The team is in a tight spot this year. Rebuilding has been much harder than it should have been, and the fanbase had high hopes for our potential, but we have fallen short of that potential.

Our team looks like they hate losing. I love that. We still miss obvious assignments on defense, and obvious opportunities on offense. Our biggest issues in my opinion are lack of on field leadership, the OL, and the constant changes at DC. Mullen needs to turn over control of the defense and let the DC run things. Hevesy needs to be gone tomorrow and Buckley needs to be on Juco OL 24/7. On the field leadership is an issue that Mullen can only foster, not control.

Also, Mullen needs to have fire and have fun with play calling and command of the team.

Not giving up yet, but the first time I hear Mullen even talking to another school, that will change everything.

I think most MSU fans are with you. We just aren't as vocal.

msbulldog
10-15-2016, 06:44 PM

Me too.