PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate or Not: Keenum step in at season's end & give Dan the Cutcliffe Ultimatum

Indndawg
10-15-2016, 11:24 AM
whether we have a sitting AD or not

Taog Redloh
10-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Ultimatums mean your negotiating position is weak. Keenum is not weak.

Apparently most of our fans are, though (yes, I'm talking about you Indndawg).

yjnkdawg
10-15-2016, 12:52 PM
whether we have a sitting AD or not

The thing on Cutcliffe is that he wanted to do things in recruiting the right way. One positive on him coming in as coach was to make sure Northern MS got Eli Manning, which he did. He did not approve of the Network method of recruiting, and the big boys wanted to move on to somebody who was a great recruiter, but also would be supportive, and work with the Network. Thus, Coach O and the rest is history. A head coach should be able to hire his support staff, but it is up to him to decide any changes. Then he ultimately puts his job on the line by the decisions he makes. In Northern MS' case, coordinators may have been part of it, but not the whole story.

MafiaDawg
10-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Bosses tell their employees how to do their job all the time. This would be no different. Fire the offensive staff or GTFO.

RiverCityDawg
10-15-2016, 01:40 PM
1) We will have an AD by seasons end. 2) The AD should certainly have a serious conversation with Mullen about his staff, but NOT make any requirements. If you force him to do something he doesn't want to do, you might as well part ways now. 3) You don't fire him after this year, but expectations are made crystal clear. Next year is do or die.

BayouDawg
10-15-2016, 01:43 PM
It's ridiculous that Mullen is going to have to be forced to let the dead weight go. At this point I think it's only treating a symptom of the actual disease (mullenitis).

Taog Redloh
10-15-2016, 02:00 PM
It's ridiculous that Mullen is going to have to be forced to let the dead weight go. At this point I think it's only treating a symptom of the actual disease (mullenitis).

Yep. Does anyone think that if we'd retained Croom, and he'd have hired Borges, that anything would have went differently?

MafiaDawg
10-15-2016, 02:02 PM
Mullen always talks about how he hates losing. Well, we're going to find out whether he hates losing more, or likes hev, Knox, and sallach more. Somethings gotta give.

Goldendawg
10-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Hervesy is Dan's McCorvey. He won't do it. What are we going to do about his contract after 3-9 this year with horrible losses to the remaining SEC big boys? He will have only two years left on his lame duck contract which will hurt recruiting even more. Sometimes you can't get out of a mess you yourself made. Can Sexton even find him a landing spot? We are on the hook for millions no matter what we do.

WSOPdawg
10-15-2016, 02:09 PM
So hypothetical but what if we finish our last 4 games in the following fashion?

aTm lose 45-7
Bama lose 48-7
Arky lose 38-13
TCUN lose 45-10

Everybody still thinks mullen doesn't get shitcanned?

Goldendawg
10-15-2016, 02:12 PM
UNM only 45-10 at their place after Dan sends our team hope for TG again? You are delusional. It will be much worse that even the 48-0 that Croome "didn't see that one coming"! The Rev will hang 70 on us if he can and their fan base and admin will love it.

JohnnyQuid
10-15-2016, 02:15 PM
that cutcliffe ultimatum sure worked out great.

no shit I don't know much about the situation but he's hell of a coach and I always thought OM was full blown retarded for firing him

WSOPdawg
UNM only 45-10 at their place after Dan sends our team hope for TG again? You are delusional. It will be much worse that even the 48-0 that Croome "didn't see that one coming"! The Rev will hang 70 on us if he can and their fan base and admin will love it.

Oh, I agree 100% Golden. Freeze will make sure our game in oxford will be the cherry on the top given what he knows is coming in Spring 2017. They'll be able to name the score, and I don't see us have the playmakers to put more than a couple of scores on the board.

Btw, I'm normally not this disillusioned but Mullen's lack of denial regarding job-shopping the past few season has hurt our recruiting beyond compare and we are now paying the price.

BayouDawg
Hervesy is Dan's McCorvey. He won't do it. What are we going to do about his contract after 3-9 this year with horrible losses to the remaining SEC big boys? He will have only two years left on his lame duck contract which will hurt recruiting even more. Sometimes you can't get out of a mess you yourself made. Can Sexton even find him a landing spot? We are on the hook for millions no matter what we do.
Maybe Uranus college has an opening or wherever the hell that was he played college.

Indndawg
10-15-2016, 03:40 PM
So hypothetical but what if we finish our last 4 games in the following fashion?

aTm lose 45-7
Bama lose 48-7
Arky lose 38-13
TCUN lose 45-10

Everybody still thinks mullen doesn't get shitcanned?

Very well be so much worse

BulldogBear
10-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Ultimatums mean your negotiating position is weak. Keenum is not weak.

Apparently most of our fans are, though (yes, I'm talking about you Indndawg).

Not really because can also mean very very very strong.

See Grant, Eisenhower, etc.