PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question

DCdawg
08-31-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm not convinced that this should be a hypothetical question (since this game isn't worth watching), but who would you rather have? Hudspeth or Petrino? Or someone else?

Fader21
08-31-2013, 05:54 PM
I'd take Petrino in a heartbeat

Will James
08-31-2013, 05:56 PM
If they are guaranteed to stay 10 years, Petrino. If this is real-world, Hud because Bobby would pull a Falcons on us.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 05:57 PM
Hypothetical question. After looking at their schedule, OSU will go undefeated this year. Does that change your opinion of this game?

Bubb Rubb
08-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Hypothetical question. After looking at their schedule, OSU will go undefeated this year. Does that change your opinion of this game?

They will also have games where they give up 30+ friggin' points. I don't care if they do go undefeated and end up winning the national championship. We beat ourselves more than they beat us. We didn't give ourselves a chance to have success.

I have always been a Mullen fan, but I think I've now given up on him now, too. That fourth down that he went for at the end of the first half was absolutely terrible. It was Orgeron-esque. I don't know any other way to say it but that coaches at that level don't make those kinds of mistakes.

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 06:05 PM

Not at all. We held a team that averaged 45 points or so a game last year to 21. If we had any semblance of offense, we would have had 21 ourselves in the first half. We could have won that game with any kind of imagination on offense.

DCdawg
08-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Doesn't change my mind at all actually. They play 2 preseason ranked teams. If they somehow did go undefeated, it won't be because they are a stellar team (and they have been good in the past). We knew going into the game that we would have to put up points. To only give up 21 points to an offense that is generally top 10 in the country every year and not have a better offensive gameplan than we did is inexcusable.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-31-2013, 06:17 PM
No, they didn't look any good to me. And if we would have halfway executed on offense we would have been up at least 13-0 at halftime.

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 06:25 PM

Not at all. Their schedule is soft overall. Two or three ranked teams, but the rest will suck. We should have been in that game with a chance to win. Offense play calling was beyond abysmal. Defense only gave up 21 points despite playing the entire 3rd quarter except for 6 plays. They would be a 7-5 or 8-4 team in the SEC. Their defense is average (though we made them look like Bama) and their offense is decent to good.