PDA

View Full Version : Our OL is why we lost to BYU. Period.

fishwater99
10-15-2016, 08:51 AM
You can blame Fitz, the refs and the defense but it wouldn't matter if we had better OL play.
Our OL not controlling the line of scrimmage, we should be able to dominate a team like BYU in the trenches.
There is no excuse for us not to be able to lineup and just overpower a team like BYU by running the ball.
Just look at how bad Auburn beat us last week. This is on Hev and Mullen for not having better players on the OL.
We are in the SEC, not the Sunbelt and until we improve the OL we will play like we belong in another conference.

DownwardDawg
10-15-2016, 09:01 AM
I agree. This is all on the O line........... And the defense, and the kickers, and the coverage teams, and the QB that makes Horrible decisions, and the lazy coach,.....................

defiantdog
10-15-2016, 09:09 AM
You can blame Fitz, the refs and the defense but it wouldn't matter if we had better OL play.
Our OL not controlling the line of scrimmage, we should be able to dominate a team like BYU in the trenches.
There is no excuse for us not to be able to lineup and just overpower a team like BYU by running the ball.
Just look at how bad Auburn beat us last week. This is on Hev and Mullen for not having better players on the OL.
We are in the SEC, not the Sunbelt and until we improve the OL we will play like we belong in another conference.
I'm not disagreeing because the OL sucks, but we had success running the ball. The left side of the OL forgot to play every snap and it showed. But Fitz had time to throw and missed the air.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-15-2016, 09:15 AM
Yes our O-LINE is Beyond SHITTY.. But theirs a long list of reasons for losing this year in particular..

lamont
10-15-2016, 10:29 AM
I'm not disagreeing because the OL sucks, but we had success running the ball. The left side of the OL forgot to play every snap and it showed. But Fitz had time to throw and missed the air.

49/163....3.3 ypc is not being very successful at running

PassInterference
10-15-2016, 10:42 AM
There were a lot of plays where the OL whiffed. A DL guy just blows straight past our guy.

Sometimes we had missed blocking assignments. Our C and OG double team a DT and a LB blitzes in untouched.

This team just doesn't execute.

And I'm still placing heavy blame on Fitz. He has open receivers on almost every play and usually doesn't throw it to an open guy. Stares down his guy and throws a rocket.

yjnkdawg
10-15-2016, 10:58 AM
I thought it was fitting what Andre Ware said on that play that Fitz may could have scored. He was referring to one of our OL and he said, "Just block somebody." Lineman was just standing there in a state of confusion.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-15-2016, 11:02 AM
I thought it was fitting what Andre Ware said on that play that Fitz may could have scored. He was referring to one of our OL and he said, "Just block somebody." Lineman was just standing there in a state of confusion.

Senior was confused because the defender was in front of him. Fitz gave him the you worthless piece of shit look after the play.

WarAU2011
10-15-2016, 11:13 AM
No it's because you're Mississippi State

DanDority
10-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Someone please stop this tripe!

BayouDawg
10-15-2016, 11:20 AM
No it's because you're Mississippi State

This is why you don't **** your sister. This is the offspring you get.