Statefan
10-15-2016, 07:31 AM
Missed FG
BS roughing the passer
Ross drops a TD
2 interceptions
Mclaurin drops a pass that hits him in the chest
Fitzgerald trips on his own feet on 4th down

The list goes on. We played with much better effort but frustrating to keep shooting ourselves in the foot

msstate7
10-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Aj's strip fumble that set byu up to tie the game in OT

maroonmania
10-15-2016, 08:30 AM
We competed last night so that is a positive but this team has NO clue how to make plays to win a close game. Teams that don't know HOW to win do things like:

1. Get a "love tap" personal foul penalty on 3rd and goal that sets up the opponent with first and goal again and leads to a tieing TD rather than a FG
2. Can't catch an interception that hits you right in the chest with a minute and a half to go in a tie game that would have likely set you up for a game winning FG
3. Drop a sure TD in overtime that would have at least kept the game going

This team has a loser mentality and I don't see Mullen turning that around at least this year. You have to make plays to beat teams with a pulse and we just don't make enough of them. But again, it was nice to see that we just didn't lay down last night.

basedog
10-15-2016, 08:40 AM
I agree with you guys. We had every chance to win that game. Our defense played their best game overall, BYU has a a decent offense and we didn't give up the big play.

Yep, missed FG, drop to in overtime, 4 personal fouls, Fitz missed at least two TD passes, Fitz's stumbles on 4th down, dropped interception late in game, but the stripped fumble in overtime which they recovered and ran to the 5 was the killer to me.

Really Clark?
10-15-2016, 08:46 AM
I agree with you guys. We had every chance to win that game. Our defense played their best game overall, BYU has a a decent offense and we didn't give up the big play.

Yep, missed FG, drop to in overtime, 4 personal fouls, Fitz missed at least two TD passes, Fitz's stumbles on 4th down, dropped interception late in game, but the stripped fumble in overtime which they recovered and ran to the 5 was the killer to me.

The strip sack return is such a State play. I thought the Ref's played a bad game as well. Called things that were at best borderline and blew obvious penalties. That didn't lose the game but some were really big momentum changers.

I seen it dawg
10-15-2016, 10:13 AM
If you don't put forth effort every day, from the top down, you won't win games like this. Plain and simple. Yeah we played with effort but so ****ing what, that's the ****** minimum. Lack of effort in August, on Tuesday, last Saturday, 3 Monday's ago lost this game.

msstate7
10-15-2016, 10:17 AM
The strip sack return is such a State play. I thought the Ref's played a bad game as well. Called things that were at best borderline and blew obvious penalties. That didn't lose the game but some were really big momentum changers.
As soon as I saw the strip sack, I immediately thought of nick Marshall to nick Marshall in '13. I knew we were done after both plays.

maroonmania
10-15-2016, 10:30 AM

I really believe that we've got some reputation with SEC refs where they are looking at any opportunity to flag our defense. That is the ONLY reason I can think of for why that 3rd and goal personal foul was called on us for that rather gentle one-handed push of Hill after he threw the ball. That was about the most ticky-tack personal foul penalty I've ever seen at any level of football.

Percho
10-15-2016, 11:28 AM

The only game I can think that trumps last night's game would be the blown out field goal game and of course last years Arky Bear game.

basedog
10-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Big loss last night, IF we win hope was slightly alive. Time to play younger guys for next season, 3 wins is probably it, maybe a 4 but that's a long shot now.