PDA

View Full Version : Compleye BS call led to our loss

msstate7
10-15-2016, 02:45 AM
https://vine.co/v/5HaLlhIpPKp

If I were Mullen, I would go off on someone at the sec office. That call is beyond terrible

GTHOM
10-15-2016, 02:51 AM

If I were Mullen, I would go off on someone at the sec office. That call is beyond terrible

Its nothing but crying when you lose. This game wasnt lost on any single play, this game was a tribute to our program right now and another nail in the coffin

msstate7
10-15-2016, 02:54 AM
Its nothing but crying when you lose. This game wasnt lost on any single play, this game was a tribute to our program right now and another nail in the coffin

Did you see the call? That play made the game go from 14-10 to 14-14.

GTHOM
10-15-2016, 02:56 AM

Yes I saw it and I agree its a bad call but its not why we lost. Complaining about the refs when you lose is nothing but crying. Every football office in the country will throw anything you send them out about refs if you are the losing team. Especially if its not on the last play of the game

msstate7
10-15-2016, 03:00 AM
I know it's crying, but it's justified crying. I think refs should have to explain egregious calls like that.

lastmajordog
10-15-2016, 04:01 AM
I know it's crying, but it's justified crying. I think refs should have to explain egregious calls like that.

Dick Pace DOES NOT approve this message...

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-15-2016, 05:41 AM
Yep dropped balls , Disoriented OL, Terrible QB decision making, Shitty coaching had absolutely nothing to do with us losing that game . That one shitty call cost us the game, cmon man the calls where pretty shitty both ways last night . Blaming the REFS is not the answer this season.

I seen it dawg
10-15-2016, 10:05 AM

****ing crybaby

MadDawg
10-15-2016, 10:09 AM
I just wish they would at least come up with another level of the foul. There's just no way the tap on the shoulder on this play, and totally blowing up a QB 5 seconds after he threw the ball should be the same penalty. There needs to be a 5-yard "touching the QB" penalty if that's what they want to call.

klong-dog
10-15-2016, 10:10 AM
Yeah msstate7 one of the worst calls I can remember. It was a huge part of this game. Game changing. Sucking ass touch foul.

msstate7
10-15-2016, 10:12 AM
I just wish they would at least come up with another level of the foul. There's just no way the tap on the shoulder on this play, and totally blowing up a QB 5 seconds after he threw the ball should be the same penalty. There needs to be a 5-yard "touching the QB" penalty if that's what they want to call.

True. Had will grabbed him by the faskmask and helicoptered him 5 yards, the result would've been the same. That call was ridiculous

drunkernhelldawg
10-15-2016, 10:44 AM

Not to mention two borderlne calls on their first td drive and the fact that he may have missed the fiedlgoal

PassInterference
10-15-2016, 10:49 AM
I can't get upset at that call when I know good and well we played at 30% of our potential.

ChicagoDawg
10-15-2016, 10:58 AM
It wasn't just one call. In the second quarter, there was an equally bad call for roughing the passer on Jefferson. Then they tried to call targeting on Lewis on the same drive. They missed the FG, but it still changed field position. Not that we can do anything with field position, but still.

mstatefan91
10-15-2016, 11:05 AM
That was a horrible call and is part of the reason that we lost, but we also lost because of horrible offensive play in + territory.

maroonmania
10-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Yes I saw it and I agree its a bad call but its not why we lost. Complaining about the refs when you lose is nothing but crying. Every football office in the country will throw anything you send them out about refs if you are the losing team. Especially if its not on the last play of the game

Well actually bad calls have HUGE impacts on close games and we are on the wrong end of bad calls a lot more than on the good end. Football is more impacted by officiating than pretty much any sport out there because a ref can call pretty much anything he wants on subjectivity on any play.

maroonmania
10-15-2016, 12:19 PM

I thought last night it was an absolutely terrible call and still do. I guess in looking at the replay the only POSSIBLE thing the ref could have been thinking would be hands to the face on that. That little love tap on any other part of the uniform would be a joke to call a personal foul.

IMissJack
10-15-2016, 12:20 PM
True. Had will grabbed him by the faskmask and helicoptered him 5 yards, the result would've been the same. That call was ridiculous

So if you are going to get a 15yd penalty anyway, why not bring the heat and make the qb think about it.

DawgFromOxford
10-15-2016, 12:51 PM
If you can't see how awful those refs were on both sides of the ball then put some new glasses on. Yes they made some terrible calls against us. They also made terrible calls against BYU and missed calls on both sides of the ball. In a game like that we had plenty of chances to win the game and we couldn't do it. It was a bad call but it certainly didn't cost us the game .

msstate7
10-15-2016, 12:56 PM
If you can't see how awful those refs were on both sides of the ball then put some new glasses on. Yes they made some terrible calls against us. They also made terrible calls against BYU and missed calls on both sides of the ball. In a game like that we had plenty of chances to win the game and we couldn't do it. It was a bad call but it certainly didn't cost us the game .

If there's no call there, do you think they go for 4th and goal from the 7? If not, it's probably (almost certainly) 14-10 final

DawgFromOxford
10-15-2016, 01:08 PM
If there's no call there, do you think they go for 4th and goal from the 7? If not, it's probably (almost certainly) 14-10 final
Doesn't matter. We had plenty of opportunities to win that game way before that call and even after that call and didn't get it done.

EngDawg
10-15-2016, 01:09 PM
I think JWS said something about winning inspite of the officials, but yes it was a terrible call at a key point in the game

msstate7
10-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Doesn't matter. We had plenty of opportunities to win that game way before that call and even after that call and didn't get it done.

I agree with you 2nd sentence, but disagree strongly with your 1st. That call most certainly mattered

maroonmania
10-15-2016, 01:49 PM
I agree with you 2nd sentence, but disagree strongly with your 1st. That call most certainly mattered

We are a very marginal team. For us, EVERY call matters. Nobody is claiming we are any good. We can't overcome bad calls like a better team can.

Goldendawg
10-15-2016, 01:52 PM
How many personal fouls did we have in the game? We have little talent, are poorly coached, S&C is questionable, no one wants to work for Dan on the D for more than a year or two, a horrible OL, and the list goes on. Check the offer sheets of our players from the last couple of years. We are in a mess. Bad calls didn't lose that game.

tcdog70
10-15-2016, 03:00 PM
When Calhoun got hurt, one of the biggest reason we lost. Story got abused. Plus your QB can't trip over his own feet.

Goldendawg
10-15-2016, 03:02 PM
Not just Story, did the watch Senior and the rest of the OL? A prime example of "hope you make it blocking".

OBDawg
10-15-2016, 03:32 PM

The problem I have is not with the fact that they made a mistake but that Steve Shaw always attempts
to justify their mistakes. I have really lost respect for him over the years. He sounds more like a
politician than the head of officials.