PDA

View Full Version : QB

msstate7
10-15-2016, 01:58 AM
I think Mullen sticking with fitz and giving Williams no snaps since lsu tells me Mullen is "forcing" Williams to transfer after the season.

What I'm not sure of is if Mullen is gonna stick with fitz no matter what happens this year. If Mullen does, he's obviously playing the long game with fitz... taking lumps in a lost season.

On the other hand, I can see fitz getting one more opportunity vs Kentucky. If fitz struggles again, I think you could see Tiano get his shot vs samford.

What you guys think? Who do you think is the starter at the end of the season?

Coursesuper
10-15-2016, 02:06 AM
Fitz is not a D1 QB. But it really doesn't matter who the QB is or does it matter who the other skill players are as long as our line is as bad as it is we're done.

msstate7
10-15-2016, 02:39 AM
In 3 of the last 4 games, our offense under fitz has gone a complete half of football without scoring. That's a pretty damning stat.

If Mullen thinks fitz can be good next season, I hope Mullen rides it out with fitz. If Mullen isn't sure though and fitz struggles vs Kentucky, I hope tiano starts vs Samford

PassInterference
10-15-2016, 02:42 AM
Fitz is our best option and Dan committed to develop him. That's it.

Now its damn sad that Fitz is our best option. This is how Dan follows up Dak Prescott? With the worst QB Mullen has ever had, including the once Croom left him?

TimberBeast
10-15-2016, 03:10 AM
In 3 of the last 4 games, our offense under fitz has gone a complete half of football without scoring. That's a pretty damning stat.

If Mullen thinks fitz can be good next season, I hope Mullen rides it out with fitz. If Mullen isn't sure though and fitz struggles vs Kentucky, I hope tiano starts vs Samford

What's really bad is that you make multiple posts blaming our problems on fitz, while knowing full well our playcalling and personnel (Holloway) issues are fully on Mullen.

bulldawg28
10-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Fitz should not be this bad and scared after watching Dak for two years. WTH were you doing sir?

MetEdDawg
10-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Fitz should not be this bad and scared after watching Dak for two years. WTH were you doing sir?

I would be scared too if I never had a clean pocket to throw from. Our OL is really awful.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Neither should the running backs or offensive line after playing with Dak the last two years, but let's put it all on Fitz. Dak was a ****in magician the way he hid how horrible our o line and running back play were last year. I know we're struggling, but Fitz playing the whole year was going to have ups and downs regardless of the outcomes so far.

msstate7
10-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Neither should the running backs or offensive line after playing with Dak the last two years, but let's put it all on Fitz. Dak was a ****in magician the way he hid how horrible our o line and running back play were last year. I know we're struggling, but Fitz playing the whole year was going to have ups and downs regardless of the outcomes so far.

Fitz is pretty nifty in the pocket avoiding the rush. I think that's one of his best attributes

bulldawg28
10-15-2016, 07:19 AM
I would be scared too if I never had a clean pocket to throw from. Our OL is really awful.
Nick has confessed he's calling the wrong protections which would equate to sacks. He's also sacked very little as a whole.

FISHDAWG
10-15-2016, 08:07 AM
I say play for the win ... Williams should have come in ... If Tiano was capable then he would be the back up ... makes no sense to intentionally try to force your current QB back-up to transfer....... at any rate, we should have seen an attempt to create a spark in this lack-luster offense

msstate7
10-15-2016, 08:09 AM
I say play for the win ... Williams should have come in ... If Tiano was capable then he would be the back up ... makes no sense to intentionally try to force your current QB back-up to transfer....... at any rate, we should have seen an attempt to create a spark in this lack-luster offense

I think Williams should've gotten a series in the 3rd quarter last night and the 2nd quarter vs auburn

Saltydog
10-15-2016, 08:48 AM
move on. Williams isn't the future but he gives us a better immediate chance of winning games, especially considering we've abandoned the read option for the most point.

defiantdog
10-15-2016, 08:51 AM
They're awful..... the OL is bad but we were able to run the ball with some success and receivers were open (they couldn't catch shit and Fitz couldn't hit them). We just don't have the talent. And if we do, we're keeping it on the bench.

Snowman79
10-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Fitz is pretty nifty in the pocket avoiding the rush. I think that's one of his best attributes

Yeah. He looked real nifty when he tripped over his own feet on that 4th down.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-15-2016, 09:54 AM
Yeah. He looked real nifty when he tripped over his own feet on that 4th down.

Yep that was an awesome face plant! Right There!
http://cdn.attackofthecute.com/November-28-2011-19-12-19-819da1321326685podborka68.jpeg