PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen is fired if...

Fader21
08-31-2013, 05:30 PM
We go 4-8???

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 05:34 PM
He should be if the 4-8 is a result of the type of crappy play calling and coaching that we have seen today. I could handle 4-8 for a year if we actually looked decent on offense & defense and were close in most games. I have basically 0 feeling that will be the case this year though if we do go 4-8. My guess is it will be terrible coaching if we do go 4-8.

Fader21
08-31-2013, 05:36 PM
If we play like this we will lose to auburn, bowling green and possibly Kentucky

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 05:37 PM
If we play like this we will lose to auburn, bowling green and possibly Kentucky

And Alcorn State will be a nail biter

coastdoglover
08-31-2013, 05:43 PM
You folks are clueless. We have a marketing guy as AD who won't even fire an incompetent compliance guy and you think he will fire Mullen. We hired an offensive guru who can't score. This is as bad as Croom or worse.

Gordon Gekko
08-31-2013, 05:45 PM
You folks are clueless. We have a marketing guy as AD who won't even fire an incompetent compliance guy and you think he will fire Mullen. We hired an offensive guru who can't score. This is as bad as Croom or worse.

Yeah, Mullen won't be fired even if we go 4-8.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 05:46 PM

Strick and Dan are going to help clean each others offices out at the end of the year

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 05:47 PM
You gotta be kidding me. This team is picked to win the Big 12 and we held them so far to 21 points. So, has our play calling sucked on offense? Yes. OSU would blow those teams out worse that you named so everyone panicking because we are losing 21-3 to the 13th ranked team just be quiet...

paco
08-31-2013, 05:47 PM
He should be. Koenning is TERRIBLE. No QB recruits + underachieving offense since beginning 2011 season. Mullen is a failure!

paco
08-31-2013, 05:50 PM
We're talking offense here. Our D was good today.

Maroonthirteen
08-31-2013, 05:57 PM
Miss State has fired head coaches and coordinator after coordinator. Has the shit ever changed? Hell no.

JW Walsh can out run your entire defense. C'mon man!

Dawgface
08-31-2013, 06:00 PM
D was the bright spot for sure. Poor OL is the main problem. QB'ing not very good and a poor OC.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 06:15 PM
I said this a month ago. Strick, LT, and Slive set CDM up this year with the "we think we're gonna get Vandy so go ahead and schedule that SEC payday in Houston."

CDM will leave at the end of this season. Strick has set it in motion. He has sacrificed all of our money and passion for this year just to change head coaches next year. CDM will not "fall in line" and bow down to Birmingham. They want him out of the SEC. The political BS that is going on in our athletic department and the SEC is sickening.

You want to know why Brett won't be fired? Because he's protected by LT and the SEC, and now that Strick has made his bed with LT and Slive, Brett is extremely protected.

They want the "Yankee feather ruffler" out and they've sacrificed our 2013 season to ensure it happens. They've got your money already. Thanks for the new practice facility. Thanks for the stadium expansion. Now we're going to go back to the LT model and focus on making money as the door mat if the SEC.

People will never realize how great we had it with the ninja and his "refuse to suck" attitude.

Boya
08-31-2013, 06:29 PM
This is complete nonsense.

Homedawg
08-31-2013, 06:36 PM
He should be. Koenning is TERRIBLE. No QB recruits + underachieving offense since beginning 2011 season. Mullen is a failure!

Maybe he is. But he didn't call the plays today. The boss did.

Jacksondevildog
08-31-2013, 06:38 PM
If this that you typed is true, we are screwed.

I said this a month ago. Strick, LT, and Slive set CDM up this year with the "we think we're gonna get Vandy so go ahead and schedule that SEC payday in Houston."

CDM will leave at the end of this season. Strick has set it in motion. He has sacrificed all of our money and passion for this year just to change head coaches next year. CDM will not "fall in line" and bow down to Birmingham. They want him out of the SEC. The political BS that is going on in our athletic department and the SEC is sickening.

You want to know why Brett won't be fired? Because he's protected by LT and the SEC, and now that Strick has made his bed with LT and Slive, Brett is extremely protected.

They want the "Yankee feather ruffler" out and they've sacrificed our 2013 season to ensure it happens. They've got your money already. Thanks for the new practice facility. Thanks for the stadium expansion. Now we're going to go back to the LT model and focus on making money as the door mat if the SEC.

People will never realize how great we had it with the ninja and his "refuse to suck" attitude.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 06:40 PM
This is complete nonsense.

Nonsense? They pushed Meyer out at Florida after he won 2 national championships for them. You think they're past doing it to Mullen at State?

CrazyEyeKilla
08-31-2013, 06:48 PM
Good god... I have never really questioned your statements until now... This is complete and utter trash though...

This post puts you on the Roy McLain level hack.

Boya
08-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Nonsense? They pushed Meyer out at Florida after he won 2 national championships for them. You think they're past doing it to Mullen at State?

I bet you watch ancient aliens and it blows your mind...

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 06:57 PM
I didn't know how bad it was until I was somehow wading through it.

When CDM leaves at the end of this year, we can revisit.

Technetium
08-31-2013, 06:58 PM
I bet you watch ancient aliens and it blows your mind...

I admit, this made me laugh...

Gordon Gekko
08-31-2013, 06:59 PM
I didn't know how bad it was until I was somehow wading through it.

When CDM leaves at the end of this year, we can revisit.

Are you saying he will be fired or leave on his own? His stock isn't exactly on the rise if this keeps up. Don't know who is going to pay him what we are.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 07:01 PM
He'll leave or else he'll be fired.

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 07:04 PM

This really makes no sense. Mullen isn't going anywhere. After this season I don't look for anyone to even want him and we certainly can't afford to buy him out even if we wanted to.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-31-2013, 07:09 PM
This really makes no sense. Mullen isn't going anywhere. After this season I don't look for anyone to even want him and we certainly can't afford to buy him out even if we wanted to.

Yep, and thanks to us extending the contracts every year so the fans can watch abominations like we saw today, we are kind of stuck with him for another year or two. This season will be called a fluke.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 07:10 PM
ignorance is bliss.

Coach34
08-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Things I do know:

Stricklin wants to retire at State- so bowing down and toeing the line will help that

There is a growing swell of people way above my paygrade that think HUD can win 6-8 games per yr- just like Mullen. And as one guy put it- "plus Hud is a misippi boay"

We gonna owe Mullen ALOT of money if we fire him

We will have a very good football team in 2014 talent-wise

If Mullen is indeed an offensive coach- he will make some ****ing changes before Auburn

Will James
08-31-2013, 07:14 PM
So if we wanted to become doormats, Hack, would we hire Hud?

Negative Waves
08-31-2013, 07:22 PM
If true, going back to the LT way of running things would get Strickland run out of town after a couple of years. The fan base will start calling for his head if the football program heads south for a long time, just like what happened to LT in the 2000's.

AROB44
08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Toeing which line? Didn't follow you here.

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Things I do know:

Stricklin wants to retire at State- so bowing down and toeing the line will help that

There is a growing swell of people way above my paygrade that think HUD can win 6-8 games per yr- just like Mullen. And as one guy put it- "plus Hud is a misippi boay"

We gonna owe Mullen ALOT of money if we fire him

We will have a very good football team in 2014 talent-wise

If Mullen is indeed an offensive coach- he will make some ****ing changes before Auburn

You're last statement is what's so frustrating. Mullen IS an offensive coach or at least that's what we were told when Byrne hired him. No excuse for Mullen in HIS 5th year to come out with a 5th year SR QB and a complete returning OL against a Big 12 defense and put up 3 freakin' points. Just an acceptable offensive performance today and we likely win.

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Toeing which line? Didn't follow you here.

Exactly, does LT and the SEC office pay Stricklin's salary and determine if he has a job???

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 07:28 PM
So if we wanted to become doormats, Hack, would we hire Hud?

Doormats isn't a W/L term. It's whether or not we'll bow down to Birmingham and quit rocking the boat. Slice has wanted CDM out since the Cam issue. I've heard some not so pleasant words came from Slive to our Ath Dept to shut Megan up. Things haven't been the same since then.

Either way the bottom line is that this is a very political move and barring something unforeseen I see CDM being gone after this season.

Natedogg33
08-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Hack, you've got explain why Strick would want to throw a season with everything we've got going on on campus. Between just building a new football complex and completely redoing out stadium.
Is Mullen, Byrne's guy, and he and Stricklin don't see eye to eye? Is Strick just using Mullen until its all done?

Will James
08-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Exactly, does LT and the SEC office pay Stricklin's salary and determine if he has a job???

When does Keenum become the issue? His leadership during the NCAA dealings and lack of interest in protecting our University is worse than anything.

TrueMaroon
08-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Scott Stricklin is an absolute joke of an AD. Hes in so far over his head and he doesn't even know it.

Natedogg33
08-31-2013, 07:35 PM
So it's basically, "know your place" is what we will have to deal with forever? That makes me ill.

Will James
08-31-2013, 07:38 PM
So it's basically, "know your place" is what we will have to deal with forever? That makes me ill.

When there is no NCAA to politically deal with/punish those not on the party line when the superconferences break away, we should theoretically be able to build a giant middle finger on top of Dawgzillatron correct?

Gordon Gekko
08-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Scott Stricklin is an absolute joke of an AD. Hes in so far over his head and he doesn't even know it.

But we have ed hardy uniforms! Croots love it!

T-Dogg
08-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Is this sort of like your prediction regarding the OM freshman that would be held out because of the investigation. I'm starting to think you don't have any idea what your talking about.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Hack, you've got explain why Strick would want to throw a season with everything we've got going on on campus. Between just building a new football complex and completely redoing out stadium.
Is Mullen, Byrne's guy, and he and Stricklin don't see eye to eye? Is Strick just using Mullen until its all done?

CDM and Strick smile in public, but they don't hang out in private. People who have openly discussed their opinion that "Strick has no backbone" with CDM seem to win his favor, although he would never go as far as saying that or confirming it.

The other thing that irks me is the continual contact our guys have with Hud. I love HUD, and a huge supporter, and truly hope he's the next HFC at State, but it's hard to distinguish between "babysitting" to protect the next guy and a concerted effort to speed up the process.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 07:47 PM
Is this sort of like your prediction regarding the OM freshman that would be held out because of the investigation. I'm starting to think you don't have any idea what your talking about.

I also said OM wouldn't make a bowl game this year. You can save that one until later since you seem to be so happy about their "all in" attitude.

T-Dogg
08-31-2013, 07:50 PM
You act like an insider, and its pretty clear that you don't know any more than the rest of us, you just like conspiracy theories.

OM is under investigation, so the whole SEC is after them and they knew that they are going to get the death penalty.

Now, because our offense didn't do shit all game, there's an SEC conspiracy to get the almighty Mullen out of the SEC. Give me a break, man.

TopDog58
08-31-2013, 07:52 PM
You're last statement is what's so frustrating. Mullen IS an offensive coach or at least that's what we were told when Byrne hired him. No excuse for Mullen in HIS 5th year to come out with a 5th year SR QB and a complete returning OL against a Big 12 defense and put up 3 freakin' points. Just an acceptable offensive performance today and we likely win.

Exactly. People are forgetting those stupid ass "Spread the Fun" billboards. Our spread is a joke. Hud's offense is much more exciting and effective.

CrazyEyeKilla
08-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Jesus.... Now I know you are the present day Roy McLain..... Where was this information yesterday or during the summer???

I find it ridiculous that you state this information now...

And just to add, Mullen is the cause of our offensive problems, bu I just can't take this conspiracy bullshit anymore

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 07:58 PM
You act like an insider, and its pretty clear that you don't know any more than the rest of us, you just like conspiracy theories.

OM is under investigation, so the whole SEC is after them and they knew that they are going to get the death penalty.

Now, because our offense didn't do shit all game, there's an SEC conspiracy to get the almighty Mullen out of the SEC. Give me a break, man.

you're a blithering idiot. I've been pissed about the scheduling of this game, for this reason, for months. You act like this is new because we underperformed tonight.

I've been called a sunshine pumper because I called a 2 star Chris Jones a stud, a negative nancy because I said "I don't believe" against Bama last year, and now a conspiracy theorist because I'm telling yall that this is likely Mullen's final season. I call it how I see it, and unfortunately there are some things I can't say on a message board because I've never been one to implicate other people.

T-Dogg
08-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Did the people who gave you this information also give you the info on the freshman being held out during the OM game? I mean if you throw enough shit against the wall something will eventually stick.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:09 PM
how the hell would anyone from State know who is being held out for certain? I know who has been implicated, but I don't have Freeze's phone tapped. Sorry.

If you knew one ounce of what's going on in our athletic department, this would make a lot more sense to you. Bracky's protected status, why we got screwed for the 2013 schedule, why the 2014 schedule lined up nicely, why Slive came after us for Cam, etc... I know it's hard to believe that an Athletic Department is a political organization, but it happens as asinine as it may sound that politics drives decisions in the SEC. Amazing, I know.

Noxdog
08-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Hack, I like you and your posts but this really seems odd "I didn't know how bad it was until I was somehow wading through it."
You damn well know how you were wading through it. Sell that BS somewhere else. I appreciate what you have done and bring to the table but to act like lil red riding hood, come on.

Honestly, you sound like someone with an axe to grind and maybe rightfully so.

Negative Waves
08-31-2013, 08:13 PM
Hack, besides the Cam fiasco, what else has Mullen done to tick off Slive?

Jacksondevildog
08-31-2013, 08:17 PM
This is a much more intelligent fanbase than 20 years ago. We won't put up with as much shit as we once did. A lot of the blue hairs have died off and the mentality has changed within the fanbase.
If true, going back to the LT way of running things would get Strickland run out of town after a couple of years. The fan base will start calling for his head if the football program heads south for a long time, just like what happened to LT in the 2000's.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:19 PM
I have 1,000 axes to grind, but this isn't one of them. I want Hud, eventually. I'm just pissed that the 2013 season is going to be a shit show for political purposes and to earn a few bucks. I've been pissed for months about this game. This isn't new.

Also, I don't want what I meant by "wading through it" to be misconstrued. Wasn't my intention to state that I was naive about everything. What I didn't realize is the politics that go on. I was "educated" by several "big boys" who we're pissed at Strick for firing Stans. Maybe they had an ax to grind? Maybe not. But I can tell you with certainty that the 2013 schedule, 2014 schedule, unwavering dedication to Bracky, and the contacts with Hud over the summer that I was told about months ago all came through.

We'll have to wait until the end of the season to see if CDM is out.

Percho
08-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Doormats isn't a W/L term. It's whether or not we'll bow down to Birmingham and quit rocking the boat. Slice has wanted CDM out since the Cam issue. I've heard some not so pleasant words came from Slive to our Ath Dept to shut Megan up. Things haven't been the same since then.

Either way the bottom line is that this is a very political move and barring something unforeseen I see CDM being gone after this season.

I would bet my ass that Cam told Mrs M, "The money was just to much.,"

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Hack, besides the Cam fiasco, what else has Mullen done to tick off Slive?

threatened to break the rule about SEC institutions not telling on one another.

Bigohh
08-31-2013, 08:21 PM
how the hell would anyone from State know who is being held out for certain? I know who has been implicated, but I don't have Freeze's phone tapped. Sorry.

If you knew one ounce of what's going on in our athletic department, this would make a lot more sense to you. Bracky's protected status, why we got screwed for the 2013 schedule, why the 2014 schedule lined up nicely, why Slive came after us for Cam, etc... I know it's hard to believe that an Athletic Department is a political organization, but it happens as asinine as it may sound that politics drives decisions in the SEC. Amazing, I know.

Back - I think you need to just concentrate on getting us on probation.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Back - I think you need to just concentrate on getting us on probation.

Put your big boy pants on and come back when you can join the adult conversation.

T-Dogg
08-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Then why did you act like you knew? You got caught, and we all suffered for it. Quit with your bitching.

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Mullen is not going anywhere if he has a winning season. Right now he's got a lot more problem with that than any political back room dealings. If we don't get our offensive issues straightened out we are a 5 win team at best.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Then why did you act like you knew? You got caught, and we all suffered for it. Quit with your bitching.

Show me the post where I said they would be suspended. I asked the question. I said I wouldn't be surprised. I never said they would definitely be suspended. Ever.

I put my family through hell so you can sleep better at night you ****ing prick.

Rick Danko
08-31-2013, 08:40 PM
Show me the post where I said they would be suspended. I asked the question. I said I wouldn't be surprised. I never said they would definitely be suspended. Ever.

I put my family through hell so you can sleep better at night you ****ing prick.

Good lord... Am I missing something? Getting a bit personal here huh...

CrazyEyeKilla
08-31-2013, 08:41 PM
We'll have to wait until the end of the season to see if CDM is out.

So on one post you put CDM will leave or be fired and now it's a wait and see at the end of the year...

Hack, seriously just stop..., you don't know shit and sure as hell aren't connected,

You have blown any credibility you had with this conspiracy bullshit

Bigohh
08-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Ouch. I give. You're too quick for me.

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 08:42 PM
So on one post you put CDM will leave or be fired and now it's a wait and see at the end of the year...

Hack, seriously just stop..., you don't know shit and sure as hell aren't connected,

Isn't he officially suppose to be disconnected? Just sayin'.

T-Dogg
08-31-2013, 08:43 PM
What question did you ask? I'm sure you've always had my best interests at heart.

AROB44
08-31-2013, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=Political Hack;44859]I have 1,000 axes to grind, but this isn't one of them. I want Hud, eventually. I'm just pissed that the 2013 season is going to be a shit show for political purposes and to earn a few bucks. I've been pissed for months about this game. This isn't new.

Also, I don't want what I meant by "wading through it" to be misconstrued. Wasn't my intention to state that I was naive about everything. What I didn't realize is the politics that go on. I was "educated" by several "big boys" who we're pissed at Strick for firing Stans. Maybe they had an ax to grind? Maybe not. But I can tell you with certainty that the 2013 schedule, 2014 schedule, unwavering dedication to Bracky, and the contacts with Hud over the summer that I was told about months ago all came through.

We'll have to wait until the end of the season to see if CDM is out.[/QUOTE

Sort of proves that we are our own worst enemy. Always have been and probably will continue. It amazes me how many of these so called "big boys" want everything their way.....**** winning, I want things done my way.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:47 PM

you know me. always looking out for n?mero uno and worried about my Internet cool points.

coastdoglover
08-31-2013, 08:51 PM
What you dumbasses don't realize is Mullen tried to get the Colorado job last year and was passed over. You might want to pick a fight with Hack but he is right on with most of what he posts. Nobody wants MSU to win more than me, but if you can't see we have a weak AD and who basically plays politics just like LT did and Mullen is as stubborn as Croom was and Hevesy has developed very few lineman either. Their arrogance and yankee "I am smarter than you are attitudes" are hurting us. I hope we turn it around but I have no faith in beating any good SEC team and the scheduling of this game for money was a disaster and most folks knew it.

CrazyEyeKilla
08-31-2013, 08:51 PM
you know me. always looking out for n?mero uno and worried about my Internet cool points.

Honestly the timing of this conspiracy shit makes it look that way.

That is just my opinion and I would love for others to disagree with me on this.

CrazyEyeKilla
08-31-2013, 08:54 PM
I am not arguing that our AD isn't in over his head... I think he is terrible.

However, I cannot buy this political conspiracy to get Mullen out. It's too much.

ETA: I think Mullen is the cause of our offensive woes as well and would not be disappointed if he left.

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 08:56 PM
What you dumbasses don't realize is Mullen tried to get the Colorado job last year and was passed over. You might want to pick a fight with Hack but he is right on with most of what he posts. Nobody wants MSU to win more than me, but if you can't see we have a weak AD and who basically plays politics just like LT did and Mullen is as stubborn as Croom was and Hevesy has developed very few lineman either. Their arrogance and yankee "I am smarter than you are attitudes" are hurting us. I hope we turn it around but I have no faith in beating any good SEC team and the scheduling of this game for money was a disaster and most folks knew it.

SO you covered the same ground I did. Mullen likely won't be desired by any program he would want to leave for after this season and we can't afford to buy him out so I don't see any way he is not back next year.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 08:56 PM
the "conspiracy" has been there. I've been bitching about the scheduling of this game since before it was announced.

I hope it's wrong. I hope CDM is here for several more years. I think he could give us Frank Beamer type stability.

I think it's spineless and disposable. I think when Strick said "we'll play those types of teams in January"
he should've meant it. What do you think made him change his mind? Our awesome end to the season last year or maybe a little pressure from the SEC office?

Rick Danko
08-31-2013, 09:00 PM

Well **** me, if he wants to go let him... Sorry, I have no doubt you and others have way more inside knowledge than I do, and I mean this very seriously, but for **** sakes, why the hell would we keep a "Yankee" (your words) coach around who doesn't even want to be here. Hell, they can pay me 150k a year and I can produce an offense that looks like that shit show we saw today. Everybody wins!

maroonmania
08-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Well **** me, if he wants to go let him... Sorry, I have no doubt you and others have way more inside knowledge than I do, and I mean this very seriously, but for **** sakes, why the hell would we keep a "Yankee" (your words) coach around who doesn't even want to be here. Hell, they can pay me 150k a year and I can produce an offense that looks like that shit show we saw today. Everybody wins!

Now I agree with that. Mullen is a pretty decent coach but he certainly isn't irreplaceable. With all of the money invested in the program and facilities and the sellouts we are a lot more attractive as a football program than we even were when Mullen was hired. I would think there are some pretty good coaches out there that would like to make 2.5 mil/yr.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 09:12 PM
Now I agree with that. Mullen is a pretty decent coach but he certainly isn't irreplaceable. With all of the money invested in the program and facilities and the sellouts we are a lot more attractive as a football program than we even were when Mullen was hired. I would think there are some pretty good coaches out there that would like to make 2.5 mil/yr.

his salary is more than the 2.6 reported. He has other financial obligations that are also covered through his contract, although I have no clue how much they cost.

Homedawg
08-31-2013, 09:16 PM
When does Keenum become the issue? His leadership during the NCAA dealings and lack of interest in protecting our University is worse than anything.

Yea ur right. Bring back foglesong. Stupid ****. Losing a fireball game is one thing, sayin shit as stupid as this is beyond stupid, period.

Homedawg
08-31-2013, 09:20 PM
CDM and Strick smile in public, but they don't hang out in private. People who have openly discussed their opinion that "Strick has no backbone" with CDM seem to win his favor, although he would never go as far as saying that or confirming it.

The other thing that irks me is the continual contact our guys have with Hud. I love HUD, and a huge supporter, and truly hope he's the next HFC at State, but it's hard to distinguish between "babysitting" to protect the next guy and a concerted effort to speed up the process.

I don't understand the point, Mullen doesn't hang out w his ad? Yea so. He doesnt hang out with many people at all in starkvile. Just trying to see what this adds to your point. How many coaches hang out w their boss?....um, not many

Homedawg
08-31-2013, 09:25 PM

This post is stupid. He helped, got caught doing something that happens a TON. Stop being stupid and move on. Hack lobes the place. Period

Will James
08-31-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't understand the point, Mullen doesn't hang out w his ad? Yea so. He doesnt hang out with many people at all in starkvile. Just trying to see what this adds to your point. How many coaches hang out w their boss?....um, not many

I think it was a metaphor, genius.

Two stupid posts, back to back

Homedawg
08-31-2013, 09:31 PM
I think it was a metaphor, genius.

Two stupid posts, back to back

It's hard to comprehend stupid when dealing w your stupid ****ing ass. Ole miss1-6. Stick to baseball. No better yet stick to something u know what the **** u r talking about. Which would be????? I have no clue.

Will James
08-31-2013, 09:38 PM
It's hard to comprehend stupid when dealing w your stupid ****ing ass. Ole miss1-6. Stick to baseball. No better yet stick to something u know what the **** u r talking about. Which would be????? I have no clue.

Hit the bottle a little too hard today?

Homedawg
08-31-2013, 09:45 PM
Hit the bottle a little too hard today?

No I just needed to vent after reading u post something stupid- as usual.

Todd4State
08-31-2013, 11:44 PM
It's going to take me a coupleof days to wrap my mind around all of this.

BHildreth3
09-01-2013, 12:14 AM
It's going to take me a coupleof days to wrap my mind around all of this.

I hope your changes would include...

We need jrob running downhill more, Perkins more as a catcher vs every down back, play the QB with more toughness, grit, killer instinct, looking at more offensive film from 2009 and 2010 and being more aggressive on 1st and 2nd down. More 2 back formations, screens, slants....so many bad coaching decisions on offense!

Todd4State
09-01-2013, 12:39 AM
I hope your changes would include...

We need jrob running downhill more, Perkins more as a catcher vs every down back, play the QB with more toughness, grit, killer instinct, looking at more offensive film from 2009 and 2010 and being more aggressive on 1st and 2nd down. More 2 back formations, screens, slants....so many bad coaching decisions on offense!

I agree but I was talking more about the political ouster of Dan.

Todd4State
09-01-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm going to ask the obvious question. Assuming Hack is right- why not just go ahead and fire Dan rather than sabotage him and the program? We really don't need a reason to fire anyone. Assuming Hud is indeed in line to be our coach- this wouldn't be a Cutcliffe situation. So, backlash from the media wouldn't be an issue.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm going to ask the obvious question. Assuming Hack is right- why not just go ahead and fire Dan rather than sabotage him and the program? We really don't need a reason to fire anyone. Assuming Hud is indeed in line to be our coach- this wouldn't be a Cutcliffe situation. So, backlash from the media wouldn't be an issue.

If we do fire DM (we won't), petrino should be hired not hud

T-Dogg
09-01-2013, 09:45 AM
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy for which he can only be wrong if Dan stays here another 3-4 years which most likely won't happen. I don't see us getting more than 6-7 wins this year, and that is a regression. When, not if, Mullen starts the season next year, hack will claim that regardless of this, Dan is being pushed out. If Dan does well, then he will again be a hot commodity and will get a better offer somewhere where it's easier to win. Hack will claim he was right all along. If Dan does poorly, then he will be let go, and Hack will claim he was right all along.

It's easier to believe in conspiracies than to admit that what you hold dear may not be as powerful as you thought. It's easier to believe that there is a mass conspiracy to get rid of Dan than it is to believe that the same guy who got us to 3 bowl games and a 9 win season, may not be able to get it done without certain players in his system that he hasn't been able to recruit.

T-Dogg
09-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Anybody who hires Petrino can be assured of two things: 1. He will win games. 2. It will not end well.

Bear@Work
09-01-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm so sick of seeing the smugness on the sideline when we're down. I can't recall the last halftime adjustment from him. It's like, he's so confident in himself that when his original gameplan isn't working, he doesn't bother changing it. He gets this look on his face of "Well, I'm not wrong...this gameplan is the correct one. We just have shitty execution and that's not my fault. I'm not changing anything."

Hell, I can't even remember the last time the camera panned to CDM and we saw him actually talking to a player. He just sits there chewing on his clipboard or holding his microphone up to his lips. Why would he not get in people's faces and light fires under their asses?

Todd4State
09-01-2013, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=msstate7;45110]If we do fire DM (we won't), petrino should be hired not hud[/ QUOTE]

Hell no. He recruits worse than Dan. Not to mention Petrino's past.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=msstate7;45110]If we do fire DM (we won't), petrino should be hired not hud[/ QUOTE]

Hell no. He recruits worse than Dan. Not to mention Petrino's past.

He may not recruit as well as Dan, but he wins on a much larger scale. Petrino > Mullen and it isn't even close

Political Hack
09-01-2013, 10:24 AM
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy for which he can only be wrong if Dan stays here another 3-4 years which most likely won't happen. I don't see us getting more than 6-7 wins this year, and that is a regression. When, not if, Mullen starts the season next year, hack will claim that regardless of this, Dan is being pushed out. If Dan does well, then he will again be a hot commodity and will get a better offer somewhere where it's easier to win. Hack will claim he was right all along. If Dan does poorly, then he will be let go, and Hack will claim he was right all along.

It's easier to believe in conspiracies than to admit that what you hold dear may not be as powerful as you thought. It's easier to believe that there is a mass conspiracy to get rid of Dan than it is to believe that the same guy who got us to 3 bowl games and a 9 win season, may not be able to get it done without certain players in his system that he hasn't been able to recruit.

there's zero way to "prove" being "right" here. If you've known me as a poster th last several years you should know I give two shits about being right. Everything I've ever said on these boards has been what I believe to be in the best interest of Miss St. I think Strick is a terrible AD and can't hold to candle to what we had with the Ninja. I think his frindliness with LT and his ass kissing of Slive is bad for the University.

Radddawg
09-01-2013, 10:31 AM
If we fire Mullen it's going to cost upwards of 7 million dollars.. Then we'd have to hire a new coach and assistants and pay them ~3 million total the first season... Not to mention it could cost us Gerri Green and some other recruits... I dont want our athletic department spending that kind of $ this offseason... I think Mullen kept Koenning one more season so he could have a sacrificial lamb in his back pocket after this season... The Oline play is what concerns me... Horrible pass blocking and we returned all 5 starters this season... Hopefully our offense will improve as the season goes on.

BHildreth3
09-01-2013, 11:25 AM
2-16 on 3rd down. Enough of this shit mullen

Will James
09-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Some thoughts.

1. If Slive was so upset about us maybe turning in other institutions, why was Devinner and the Bears allowed? Also, we keep hearing about how UGA has the goods on OM. Wouldn't that be frowned upon?

2. Why would Slive and the powers that be want Bracky to be secure in his job? If they are against member Vs member snitching why allow someone to snitch on themselves. Can't make the SEC look good, right?

Political Hack
09-01-2013, 11:45 AM
If we fire Mullen it's going to cost upwards of 7 million dollars.. Then we'd have to hire a new coach and assistants and pay them ~3 million total the first season... Not to mention it could cost us Gerri Green and some other recruits... I dont want our athletic department spending that kind of $ this offseason... I think Mullen kept Koenning one more season so he could have a sacrificial lamb in his back pocket after this season... The Oline play is what concerns me... Horrible pass blocking and we returned all 5 starters this season... Hopefully our offense will improve as the season goes on.

where us this $6M number coming from? USAToday says its 1.6M.

Coach34
09-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Some thoughts.

1. If Slive was so upset about us maybe turning in other institutions, why was Devinner and the Bears allowed? Also, we keep hearing about how UGA has the goods on OM. Wouldn't that be frowned upon?

Ole Miss didnt turn us in- all that came from Devinner. SEC schools arent allowed to turn others directly into the NCAA. So schools have to go about it in other ways- like bankrolling 7 on 7 coaches who are too stupid to realize that shit can come back on them when they are done being used.

Todd4State
09-01-2013, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;45154]

He may not recruit as well as Dan, but he wins on a much larger scale. Petrino > Mullen and it isn't even close

The question should be whether Petrino is better than Hud not Dan. And in that case give me Hud.

Political Hack
09-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Tunsil's high school coach has details on his recruitment and the battles between UGA and OM. He was pissed. Said so publicly. Richt was rumored to be pissed, likely by what the coach told him. And now UGA's former President is the head of the NCAA's punishment committee. The alignment isn't good news for OM no matter how you cut it.

Now, given the consistency we see from the NCAA there's little hope that they'll levy a "fair" punishment. Whether that's skewed towards hammering OM or letting them go Scott free is yet to be seen.

32 Dive
09-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Tunsil's high school coach has details on his recruitment and the battles between UGA and OM. He was pissed. Said so publicly. Richt was rumored to be pissed, likely by what the coach told him. And now UGA's former President is the head of the NCAA's punishment committee. The alignment isn't good news for OM no matter how you cut it.

Now, given the consistency we see from the NCAA there's little hope that they'll levy a "fair" punishment. Whether that's skewed towards hammering OM or letting them go Scott free is yet to be seen.

Why wouldn't some Bear laundered money shut him up?

msstate7
09-01-2013, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;45156]

The question should be whether Petrino is better than Hud not Dan. And in that case give me Hud.

True. I'd choose petrino. He's a first class jerk, but he's also one of the best coaches in the country

coachcamp
09-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Dang.. you guys are hard on the coaches man. Lol tjink im gonna open my sons recruiting back up.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Dang.. you guys are hard on the coaches man. Lol tjink im gonna open my sons recruiting back up.

No harder than any other sec school. In fact, we're probably one of the softer teams in the sec. I hope you're joking about opening up your son's recruitment. Most of our issue with DM is that he can't seem to coach a qb that is pass only. Your son is obviously not in that mold.

Political Hack
09-01-2013, 01:45 PM

we're hard on the coaches sometimes. Other schools are hard on the players.

coachcamp
09-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Im joking.. BUT if he gets fired, it would have to be a Head Coach coming in that likes my sons style of play. If not, we will be moving on.

coachcamp
09-01-2013, 01:58 PM
And dont think Im saying this because of what you guys are posting. This is a question that you ask a head Coach as a recruit.

I seen it dawg
09-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Of course. That's what I would do if it were me. With today's success of the style of offense that your son fits into I would be very surprised if that wouldn't be the style of coach that would be next. That being said I don't think he is going anywhere.

msstate7
09-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Im joking.. BUT if he gets fired, it would have to be a Head Coach coming in that likes my sons style of play. If not, we will be moving on.

I would completely understand if that was the case. This is what happened to Tyler Russell and its a shame that he's in an offense that just doesn't fit him. Elijah fits us and we fit elijah.