PDA

View Full Version : Duke-Louisville thought

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-14-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm just now tuning in. It's halftime so I go to ESPN.com to see what I can find about the game. Was reading a writers comments and they said Duke was keeping the ball away from Jackson. Said one thing they were doing was running the 25 second clock down as far as they could each play.

My thought was should we think about doing something similar with the high octane teams we have left such as A&M and UNM? We seem to speed up then slow down each game. Should we just go slow the entire game against those two?

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2016, 07:48 PM
Yes! I have had the opinion since USA, that we need to go run, let the clock tick down, run again. Our best defense this year will be to keep the ball as long as possible.

Add Bama and Ark to that list as well.

Bothrops
10-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Duke is a team you have to put away and never look back, or you'll probably lose.

dawgday166
10-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Dammit. Lville needs to quit sleep walking in this one. Duke playing good tho. Cut is good coach.

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2016, 08:29 PM
David Cutcliff.....the guy is a really good coach. He could still be at OM.

Pinto
10-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Dammit. Lville needs to quit sleep walking in this one. Duke playing good tho. Cut is good coach.

Yep. I'd put Cut on our short list for multiple reasons. #1 being there is still a fragment of the rebel fan base with issues over his firing and WWAD. It would sure rattle their cages.

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2016, 08:46 PM
Well that sucked. Dude barely touches another FOOTBALL player and it is a game deciding 15 yard penalty. I was really hoping for an upset obviously.

Taog Redloh
10-14-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm just now tuning in. It's halftime so I go to ESPN.com to see what I can find about the game. Was reading a writers comments and they said Duke was keeping the ball away from Jackson. Said one thing they were doing was running the 25 second clock down as far as they could each play.

My thought was should we think about doing something similar with the high octane teams we have left such as A&M and UNM? We seem to speed up then slow down each game. Should we just go slow the entire game against those two?

L'ville got so damn lucky. Refs should let that petty crap go.

trob115
10-14-2016, 08:50 PM
Duke just got robbed. Horrible call!

dawgday166
10-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Yep. I'd put Cut on our short list for multiple reasons. #1 being there is still a fragment of the rebel fan base with issues over his firing and WWAD. It would sure rattle their cages.

I wouldn't have a problem with Cut as coach. I like him. We may not win SEC with him but I think we'd show up and smack Bama in the mouth a little bit at least.

TUSK
10-14-2016, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with Cut as coach. I like him. We may not win SEC with him but I think we'd show up and smack Bama in the mouth a little bit at least.

Iswydt.

Fwiw, I concur.