PDA

View Full Version : About to walk the long two blocks to watch Tulane and Memphis....

RougeDawg
10-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Should be a decent game. Haven't been to one since they built new stadium and usually their home games don't work well with our home games. Anyway, they let Pels season ticket holders have tickets tonight so I figured I'd go check out one of our potential next head coaches.** (semi joking)

Then maybe we won't be down 4 possessions by the time I get back home. Fingers crossed.

msstate7
10-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Scout fritz... just in case**

anubus
10-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Should be a decent game. Haven't been to one since they built new stadium and usually their home games don't work well with our home games. Anyway, they let Pels season ticket holders have tickets tonight so I figured I'd go check out one of our potential next head coaches.** (semi joking)

Then maybe we won't be down 4 possessions by the time I get back home. Fingers crossed.

Let us know what the stadium is like .Plan on watching a game when I visit in November.

TUSK
10-14-2016, 06:48 PM

YIKES!!!! Are you skrapt?

BulldogBear
10-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Speaking of this....

When play them down there in one id these upcoming season, is it going to be at Yulman or Dome?

BayouDawg
10-14-2016, 07:07 PM
I had plans to go tonight. Traffic in BR was horrendous today just got home

Todd4State
10-14-2016, 07:15 PM
Speaking of this....

When play them down there in one id these upcoming season, is it going to be at Yulman or Dome?

Yulman. But we do play ULL at the Dome in 2019. And honestly playing them at Yulman isn't that bad as far as partying. You can take the St. Charles Street Car right down to Tulane's campus and the same line goes to Canal St. right across from Bourbon.

Yulman is a small stadium, but it's pretty nice. The concession areas are cramped under the stadium though. One cool thing about Yulman is the stadium is built on the site of the original Sugar Bowl.

Todd4State
10-14-2016, 07:17 PM
Let us know what the stadium is like .Plan on watching a game when I visit in November.

I will say it won't be a SEC atmosphere. You will appreciate MSU football in terms of atmosphere a lot more once you watch a game there.

Todd4State
10-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Scout fritz... just in case**

He should scout Norvell. Tulane's DC is Jack Curtis and he used to be a grad assistant at MSU under Jackie Sherrill back in the early 90's. He would probably be a solid choice to be a DC for us one day.

RougeDawg
10-14-2016, 07:58 PM
About 3/4 full. I will say that the Tulane defense doesn't miss or slip off of many tackles. If they get a hand on you, you aren't going far. Looks like Mullen is coaching Tulane special teams. Two muffed punts of which Memphis has only scored 3 off of.

Wave up 7-6 with 10:53 to go in 1st half. It sure is nice to attend a game with beer on sale and not giving a shit who wins.

BayouDawg
10-14-2016, 08:03 PM
I really like tulane's offense.

RougeDawg
10-14-2016, 08:05 PM
YIKES!!!! Are you skrapt?

Skrapt? Not sure what you mean. I got free tickets and live a driver and a three iron away from the stadium so decided to see what it's like.

TUSK
10-14-2016, 08:11 PM
Skrapt? Not sure what you mean. I got free tickets and live a driver and a three iron away from the stadium so decided to see what it's like.

Strapped.

As in carrying.

RougeDawg
10-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Strapped.

As in carrying.

No. Tulane is in a nice area. Can take a walk or walk dog any time of night without worry. We have tons of college kids living in the houses around us. Can always tell when school gets back in. The smell of reefer fills the air in early August ever year.

ETA. I am a concealed carry holder and do carry when not attending a collegiate event that has metal detectors.

Todd4State
10-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Strapped.

As in carrying.

Tulane is next to where some of the most wealthy and affluent people in New Orleans live. Like BILLIONAIRE Tom Benson. The crime stats are skewed in NOLA because everything kind of runs together.

TUSK
10-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Ahhhhhhh. Thanks for the update re: Tulane area.... Sounds like a sweet place to live!

msstate7
10-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Ahhhhhhh. Thanks for the update re: Tulane area.... Sounds like a sweet place to live!

New Orleans is a nice, safe place to be unlike Tuscaloosa where all those thug bama 5*'s are carrying guns around**

preachermatt83
10-14-2016, 09:18 PM
I like Fritz.

RougeDawg
10-14-2016, 09:31 PM
This Tulane offense reminds me of the Bumphis Ralph offense days. Do what works and add a few wrinkles. Memphis up 16-7 with 4th to go.

TUSK
10-15-2016, 12:16 AM
New Orleans is a nice, safe place to be unlike Tuscaloosa where all those thug bama 5*'s are carrying guns around**

Our skollies come with CWPermits, thank you.... Oh, & a patsy to take the weed wrap....

Yo.