PDA

View Full Version : Driving me 17'n nuts: So our game on ESPN tonight...

WSOPdawg
10-14-2016, 05:02 PM
So out game on ESPN tonight is supposed to start at 9:21pm with coverage scheduled to begin at 9:15. But we've got Duke at Louisville preceding us from 6:00-9:00. When is the last time a televised college football game ran in a 3-hour time frame, much less a game that will probably feature two teams combining for, ohhhhh I don't know, close to 100 points!!!???

I'll have ESPN360 fired up on the laptop less I miss the ENTIRE 1st quarter!!! And the Duke/L'ville game will probably go to OT.

smootness
10-14-2016, 05:05 PM
And the Duke/L'ville game will probably go to OT.

I think you're safe there.

bulldawg28
10-14-2016, 05:06 PM

Lol..indeed

confucius say
10-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Will likely start on ESPN news

WSOPdawg
10-14-2016, 05:39 PM

I don't care to be safe going into OT. Duke can put some points up but we all know there's no way they hang with Louisville, but they'll score enough (4 or 5 TDs) that when combined with L'ville's scoring, we'll have an above-average 30 minutes in advertising following all the scoring drives. I predict ESPN won't cut to State/BYU till almost 10:00pm.

dawgday166
10-14-2016, 05:54 PM
I don't care to be safe going into OT. Duke can put some points up but we all know there's no way they hang with Louisville, but they'll score enough (4 or 5 TDs) that when combined with L'ville's scoring, we'll have an above-average 30 minutes in advertising following all the scoring drives. I predict ESPN won't cut to State/BYU till almost 10:00pm.

If so you'll probably only miss BYU's first couple to 3 or so TDs - plus a field goal miss or 2 by us ****

If Lville shows up BYU ain't scoring 4 or 5 TDs. If Lville shows up enjoy watching a really well-coached team play ball. They have had some big games lately tho so they might relax a little tonight. I hope not cause I'd like to see them in the playoff which means they need to crush everyone the rest of the way to have a chance.

WSOPdawg
10-14-2016, 05:58 PM
If so you'll probably only miss BYU's first couple to 3 or so TDs - plus a field goal miss or 2 by us ****

If Lville shows up BYU ain't scoring 4 or 5 TDs. If Lville shows up enjoy watching a really well-coached team play ball. They have had some big games lately tho so they might relax a little tonight. I hope not cause I'd like to see them in the playoff which means they need to crush everyone the rest of the way to have a chance.

Agree 100%. I really enjoyed watching the Clemson/L'ville game a few weeks back. Very entertaining. Will be interesting as I think L'ville is definitely one of the top 5 teams overall.

RocketDawg
10-14-2016, 06:23 PM
There's only 4 games on tonight .... Tulane and Memphis are on ESPNU, so ESPN News should be available for any overrun of Louisville/Duke (which is tied at 7 right now). We should be OK, unless you're planning on setting your recorder and watching tomorrow.

dawgday166
10-14-2016, 06:26 PM
Agree 100%. I really enjoyed watching the Clemson/L'ville game a few weeks back. Very entertaining. Will be interesting as I think L'ville is definitely one of the top 5 teams overall.

I love watching games like that one. Hated Lville lost tho.

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2016, 06:38 PM
Only 37 actual minutes to start the 2nd quarter. Not bad.

Looks like Duke playing some defense. Hopefully that continues.

Goldendawg
10-14-2016, 07:16 PM
Duke down 10-7 at half, 7:14 PM.

WSOPdawg
10-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Only 37 actual minutes to start the 2nd quarter. Not bad.

Looks like Duke playing some defense. Hopefully that continues.

And Cutcliffe's plan is to run the play clock down considerably (snapping with 5 seconds remaining on many plays), which is smart as it keeps L'ville's offense off the field and milks the clock. 10-7 at the half it's only 7:15. We're looking good.

parabrave
10-14-2016, 07:22 PM
Matt said on tren now that ESPN has a 30 min time delay in case the preceding game goes late
So out game on ESPN tonight is supposed to start at 9:21pm with coverage scheduled to begin at 9:15. But we've got Duke at Louisville preceding us from 6:00-9:00. When is the last time a televised college football game ran in a 3-hour time frame, much less a game that will probably feature two teams combining for, ohhhhh I don't know, close to 100 points!!!???

I'll have ESPN360 fired up on the laptop less I miss the ENTIRE 1st quarter!!! And the Duke/L'ville game will probably go to OT.

TUSK
10-14-2016, 07:23 PM
Sweet Baby Jesus... let L'ville win...