PDA

View Full Version : What happens if

GTHOM
10-14-2016, 11:03 AM
What happens if we get our asses beat tonight?? Do the Mullen supporters change their tune? Is Mullen officially done at the end of the year?? Or do we all sit on here and bitch and argue some more all the way thru 2017 if he stays?

Johnson85
10-14-2016, 11:08 AM
What happens if we get our asses beat tonight?? Do the Mullen supporters change their tune? Is Mullen officially done at the end of the year?? Or do we all sit on here and bitch and argue some more all the way thru 2017 if he stays?

I think people wanting Mullen gone are getting their hopes up way too much. We're just not going to fire him after his first losing year without an off field scandal.

If it makes you feel any better, we are so bad now that we almost certainly are more than a one year rebuild project, so Mullen will probably be fired after we suck again next year.**

What really sucks is that if Mullen doesn't suddenly start putting some strain in recruiting, he has set up our next coach to have a rough couple of years to start. Croom was shitastic in almost every way as a head coach, but in hindisght, he actually left some pretty good building blocks in place, even while he left us with an absolutely bare cupboard at some positions.

GTHOM
10-14-2016, 11:11 AM
I think people wanting Mullen gone are getting their hopes up way too much. We're just not going to fire him after his first losing year without an off field scandal.

If it makes you feel any better, we are so bad now that we almost certainly are more than a one year rebuild project, so Mullen will probably be fired after we suck again next year.**

What really sucks is that if Mullen doesn't suddenly start putting some strain in recruiting, he has set up our next coach to have a rough couple of years to start. Croom was shitastic in almost every way as a head coach, but in hindisght, he actually left some pretty good building blocks in place, even while he left us with an absolutely bare cupboard at some positions.

I think he is in very real danger of being canned after OM beats us like we stole something in November. Even if he isnt fired, there is a reason he hired Jimmy Sexton. I think this is his last year here, he wants out. We should help him to the door if this season goes the way we expect it too

Really Clark?
10-14-2016, 11:13 AM

Most will still say you make a descision at the end of the year. Some will come off the fence, some won't. What if the reverse happens? Will the detractors flip to keeping him? The majority will not, so why question on what if's? Just let it play out but the majority on the board have already made their stance and what it will take to change their mind.

BB30
10-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Interesting thread got a lot out of that. My guess is regardless of what happens some will find something to bitch about next week so you should have no worries.

GTHOM
10-14-2016, 11:15 AM
A better question is, are we going to get our asses beat tonight? In yalls opinion?

GreenheadDawg
10-14-2016, 11:17 AM
Interesting thread got a lot out of that. My guess is regardless of what happens some will find something to bitch about next week so you should have no worries.

True. And the usual suspects will come on here slobbing on Mullen's knob because, OMG!! He's the best we've ever had!

Johnson85
10-14-2016, 11:20 AM
I think he is in very real danger of being canned after OM beats us like we stole something in November. Even if he isnt fired, there is a reason he hired Jimmy Sexton. I think this is his last year here, he wants out. We should help him to the door if this season goes the way we expect it too

I don't think he is in very real danger of being canned even after UM smokes us. But I didn't think Crooms was going to get fired either, so maybe I'm wrong about this too.

I think you're right about Sexton. He doesn't need to change agents unless he wants out and Sexton is the one guy that might get him an acceptable landing spot. He'll have to spin a story about the administration undermining him or something else to explain why he let the program go, but if Mullen wants to stay a head coach, he probably needs to go now, even if he has to drop down to "only" a million and change (being in the SEC makes you forget how many decent Power5 programs aren't paying millions per year for their head coach). If Mullen is more worried about maximizing dollars per effort, he probably stays put. Nobody else is going to pay him millions per year, and he can get probably another 5 to 6 million from state by sticking around even if he gets fired next year, and then he can go get a an OC job with a really good program if he wants to keep coaching but isn't set on being a head coach.

BB30
10-14-2016, 11:20 AM
True. And the usual suspects will come on here slobbing on Mullen's knob because, OMG!! He's the best we've ever had!

And the usual suspects will come on here bashing team and program and Mullen for no apparent reason other than to relieve some pent up anger because regardless of what any of us think we have literally no effect on the outcome of the situation. It is quite entertaining and makes for some funny reads on both sides. Keep it up absolutely fantastic.

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2016, 11:23 AM
You have to let the season play out. If he ends up 3-9 or 4-8 then he might be here but Hev probably isn't. Coaches typically only have 1 or 2 year contracts and I am not sure Mullen would have the pull to keep Hevesy at that point. If Mullen is here next year then we hopefully have a better coaching staff and a Relentless Effort Mullen.

gtowndawg
10-14-2016, 11:25 AM
bashing team and program and Mullen for no apparent reason

You can't really believe that? No reason at all to be upset with Mullen. Nothing you can think of?

DownwardDawg
10-14-2016, 11:30 AM
He's gone. This is it. Whether we send him packing or he makes the decision himself. It's over.

Cooterpoot
10-14-2016, 11:34 AM
Why wouldn't we expect to lose to tonight? A road underdog, late game, BYU isn't a bad team.
There's no chance we fire Dan Mullen. I don't care if we lose out, we will not fire him. And we shouldn't. He gets another year regardless if he chooses to stay.

GTHOM
10-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Why wouldn't we expect to lose to tonight? A road underdog, late game, BYU isn't a bad team.
There's no chance we fire Dan Mullen. I don't care if we lose out, we will not fire him. And we shouldn't. He gets another year regardless if he chooses to stay.

If he loses to Samford he is gone that night hate to tell you. 3-9 is bad enough and we are staring it right in the face but you just threw in 2-10 and a loss to samford

Goat from MSU
10-14-2016, 11:43 AM
You must have alot of time on your hands at work ,to think this silly crap up.
If he loses to Samford he is gone that night hate to tell you. 3-9 is bad enough and we are staring it right in the face but you just threw in 2-10 and a loss to samford

Cooterpoot
10-14-2016, 11:44 AM

I don't believe he will. But I also don't believe we'll lose to them. I think he'd be told to clean freaking house, he'd refuse, and he'd take a job somewhere else. Mullen is going to have options end of the year. Inside and out of coaching.

Beaver
10-14-2016, 11:45 AM
Shotgun posted a thread after the USA game about when the 'tipping point" for this season would be. I said the BYU game and I still believe it. If we win, we'll beat KY and Samford and head into Nov. with momentum and 5 wins. Regardless of what happens after that, Mullen most likely gets another year (assuming he doesn't leave on his own). If we lose, I think the team fully gives up, we get beat by KY and finish 3-9. I think if that happens, Mullen will be gone.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-14-2016, 11:45 AM
No tunes changed. The Mullen supporters have all collectively wrote off this season and say that Mullen has "earned" the right to have a bad year. Which is total BS. I wish my employer would allow me to check out mentally and not do shit for a year.

Noah11
10-14-2016, 11:53 AM
A better question is, are we going to get our asses beat tonight? In yalls opinion?

i think we are gonna get our asses beat so bad we will come back Mormons.

defiantdog
10-14-2016, 11:53 AM
We're gonna lose tonight by at least 10 points. We're gonna look flat and unmotivated. 6 wins was our ceiling to start the year, but even that's looking like a pipe dream.

yjnkdawg
10-14-2016, 12:04 PM

I think it depends on "if" he makes some necessary staff changes (offensive staff) and gets serious on recruiting, and "if" he shows that fire and passion that he wants to be at MSU, like he used too

Homedawg
10-14-2016, 12:08 PM
Um no. He's not.

Reunion Dog
10-14-2016, 12:10 PM
I have been told by an "inner circle" person that the Yankey a$$whole is GONE if the confederate cheaters beat us, before the season.. Now..I don't think it's WHEN .. BUT HOW BAD THE BEAT DOWN WILL BE... and I fully expect that the locker room codes will be changed immediately after game
.. like it was after the 45-0 embarrassment for Croom. Btw... the code had been changes to 4500 by the time the team got back to campus.

GreenheadDawg
10-14-2016, 12:25 PM
And the usual suspects will come on here bashing team and program and Mullen for no apparent reason other than to relieve some pent up anger because regardless of what any of us think we have literally no effect on the outcome of the situation. It is quite entertaining and makes for some funny reads on both sides. Keep it up absolutely fantastic.

Haha no apparent reason?? Jesus I've heard it all now. Have you seen us play?

msstate7
10-14-2016, 12:39 PM
I have been told by an "inner circle" person that the Yankey a$$whole is GONE if the confederate cheaters beat us, before the season.. Now..I don't think it's WHEN .. BUT HOW BAD THE BEAT DOWN WILL BE... and I fully expect that the locker room codes will be changed immediately after game
.. like it was after the 45-0 embarrassment for Croom. Btw... the code had been changes to 4500 by the time the team got back to campus.

If our "inner circle" put an ultimatum on Mullen to beat om or else you're fired this year, that's pretty embarrassing.

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2016, 12:46 PM
I

Thats funny. Probably not at the time but funny to think about Croom standing there, crooked hat, bewildered and punching buttons on a door that won't open.

When Croom said in the post game presser, that he didn't know what happened. I know that would piss the cigar boys off and he was done.

Bucky Dog
10-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Holy shit!!! Please stop these same ****ing threads over and over and over again!!!

Maroonthirteen
10-14-2016, 12:49 PM
Holy shit!!! Please stop these same ****ing threads over and over and over again!!!

No kidding.

Fans will be emotional. Fans will have varying opinions. Bottom line, only a few people will make the decision and I doubt they post here.

He isn't getting fired. He may find another job come November but we aren't firing him.

MarketingBully
10-14-2016, 12:53 PM
I'll say this. If we show up tonight, we win. BYU is the equivalent of a Kentucky or Missouri talent wise. They aren't this juggernaut everyone keeps talking about. If we don't show up at all, we will get beat. It's really as simple as that. Auburn is 100x better then BYU. What happened last week against Auburn and the first week against South Alabama shows just how shitty we can be; however we also had a performance like we did against South Carolina which gives me hope we can show up tonight. I was extremely disappointed with how we played last Saturday especially the fact we gave up when our shitty kicker missed a field goal. We have the talent to win the next three games convincingly. Will we or not? Who knows. This is on Mullen and to see if he can fix issues. This team literally is the most unpredictable State team I have ever seen.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2016, 02:04 PM
I'll say this. If we show up tonight, we win. BYU is the equivalent of a Kentucky or Missouri talent wise. They aren't this juggernaut everyone keeps talking about. If we don't show up at all, we will get beat. It's really as simple as that. Auburn is 100x better then BYU. What happened last week against Auburn and the first week against South Alabama shows just how shitty we can be; however we also had a performance like we did against South Carolina which gives me hope we can show up tonight. I was extremely disappointed with how we played last Saturday especially the fact we gave up when our shitty kicker missed a field goal. We have the talent to win the next three games convincingly. Will we or not? Who knows. This is on Mullen and to see if he can fix issues. This team literally is the most unpredictable State team I have ever seen.

You are correct,sir! If Tanner Mangum were starting at qb instead of Hill, BYU would be much stronger on offense. They are running air raid and Hill is a spread option qb who don't have the legs anymore. Mangum is the gun slinger but Sitake won't go with the young qb. Also they lack team speed and the ol is average at best. If we show up we win, if we don't it could get ugly.

MadDawg
10-14-2016, 02:39 PM
I wish my employer would allow me to check out mentally and not do shit for a year.

If you had broke every sales record in your company for the last 6-7 years, then yeah, they'd give you a Mulligan. Either that or they'd be complete f'n morons.

MadDawg
10-14-2016, 02:42 PM

Yeah, our "inner circle" is a cluster-17 of whiney little bitches who can't wait to leak info to the CL. Yeah, 17 them.

MadDawg
10-14-2016, 02:43 PM
If our "inner circle" put an ultimatum on Mullen to beat om or else you're fired this year, that's pretty embarrassing.

You have to put it in perspective. We have the dumbest "inner circle" anywhere in the nation. More like the "inbred circle".

BB30
10-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Haha no apparent reason?? Jesus I've heard it all now. Have you seen us play?

Your comprehension skills must improve.... There is literally no reason to bash team, coach and players as it will accomplish nothing(the point I was trying to get at, not that there is no reason because Mullen is doing a fantastic job****)....It is clear to everyone that this team is underachieving and has some major issues but to continue to beat a horse over and over and over is pretty ridiculous and petty. For the record I don't really have an strong opinion either way. I am to the point where we just have to let it play out and see which way the cookie crumbles. Learn to read without jumping immediately to a defensive conclusion.

ILOATHEBears
10-14-2016, 03:20 PM
He's gone. This is it. Whether we send him packing or he makes the decision himself. It's over.

You sir are correct. He is and was gone after this season regardless. It will be a mutual parting of ways so everyone saves face and in 15 years he will come back to a standing ovation at DWS and be presented a gold cowbell

DownwardDawg
10-14-2016, 03:34 PM
You sir are correct. He is and was gone after this season regardless. It will be a mutual parting of ways so everyone saves face and in 15 years he will come back to a standing ovation at DWS and be presented a gold cowbell

Yep

louisvilledawg
10-14-2016, 03:36 PM
You have to put it in perspective. We have the dumbest "inner circle" anywhere in the nation. More like the "inbred circle".

damn i laughed

MetEdDawg
10-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Here's my question. What happens if we win? Most everyone has written this game off as a loss. What do you think about this thing if we win?

I'm not saying this in defense of Mullen, I would just be interested in the feelings of the board if we win.

msstate7
10-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Here's my question. What happens if we win? Most everyone has written this game off as a loss. What do you think about this thing if we win?

I'm not saying this in defense of Mullen, I would just be interested in the feelings of the board if we win.

Mullen will get criticized even more for USA loss. Mullen is public enemy #1 here and a win tonight won't change that

BB30
10-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Mullen will get criticized even more for USA loss. Mullen is public enemy #1 here and a win tonight won't change that

No worries there will be plenty to bitch about.... uniform selection, playing time, reps given, color of khakis worn, players looking lackadaisical on the sidelines, not enough "strain" it will be a never ending cycle until somebody else is coaching. I personally am ready for basketball so there will at least be some positive talk on the board.

Percho
10-14-2016, 04:14 PM
What if we win out?

BB30
10-14-2016, 04:16 PM
What if we win out?

haha heads would explode.

Percho
10-14-2016, 04:21 PM
No worries there will be plenty to bitch about.... uniform selection, playing time, reps given, color of khakis worn, players looking lackadaisical on the sidelines, not enough "strain" it will be a never ending cycle until somebody else is coaching. I personally am ready for basketball so there will at least be some positive talk on the board.

Well, for a day or two anyway.

Homedawg
10-14-2016, 04:21 PM
What if we win out?

Trump has a Greater chance of carrying California, Oregon and the entire northeast than this happening.

Percho
10-14-2016, 04:23 PM
Jason Nesmith: Never give up. Never surrender.

msstate7
10-14-2016, 04:24 PM

Lord help us if we lose our opener in basketball

Commercecomet24
10-14-2016, 04:29 PM

If that happens you might as well pass out cyanide pills****

louisvilledawg
10-14-2016, 04:37 PM
If that happens you might as well pass out cyanide pills****

http://img.pandawhale.com/26643-Jump-Out-Window-gif-AT8K.gif

dawgday166
10-14-2016, 04:40 PM
i think we are gonna get our asses beat so bad we will come back Mormons.

Can't hurt ... we need to try SOMETHING different ****

MarketingBully
10-14-2016, 05:07 PM

I'm thinking that we quite possibly could win if we actually play to our abilities. It could be a blow out in our favor IF we play to our abilities and BYU overlooks us. Mullen losing to South Alabama has made all MSU boards pretty much unreadable for the foreseeable future. I've never seen a fanbase whine so much about everything and be so negative about practically everything.

MarketingBully
10-14-2016, 05:10 PM

That won't happen but I just hope that MSU fans can keep all this negative pessimism focused only on the football team. We don't need this shit to seep into our other sports. It's the worst negativism I have seen MSU fans have in a long long time.

BulldogBear
10-14-2016, 05:14 PM
I've no particular negative nor positive vibe about this game other than I believe the tipping point was last week. I did in some old thread I didn't think we'd split BooYoo and Auburn. Instead I though to would be 4-2 or 2-4. I didn't wake up feeling glum or anything but I still think based on my feelings two weeks ago that this may be a disappointing night.

Ah well...

I'll have fresh boudin from my Lafayette trip smokin' on the grill. That'll be something. Plus some bell peppers stuffed with shrimp, rice, and chicken.

I'll celebrate or bury my sorrow in good eats.

BB30
10-14-2016, 05:55 PM
And that is a fantastic way to enjoy the evening win or lose. Wish I was eating at your house tonight!

dawgday166
10-14-2016, 05:56 PM
I've no particular negative nor positive vibe about this game other than I believe the tipping point was last week. I did in some old thread I didn't think we'd split BooYoo and Auburn. Instead I though to would be 4-2 or 2-4. I didn't wake up feeling glum or anything but I still think based on my feelings two weeks ago that this may be a disappointing night.

Ah well...

I'll have fresh boudin from my Lafayette trip smokin' on the grill. That'll be something. Plus some bell peppers stuffed with shrimp, rice, and chicken.

I'll celebrate or bury my sorrow in good eats.

Where's the beer?

BulldogBear
10-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Where's the beer?

Working on Bayou Satuma Rum