PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the CL-MSU controversy....

Rick Cleveland
10-14-2016, 10:52 AM
http://mississippitoday.org/2016/10/14/answers-to-questions-asked-about-the-msu-cl-controversy/

thf24
10-14-2016, 10:57 AM
What Kellenberger's answers to your questions actually say to me is "we break policy if it's an opportunity to hurt or embarrass MSU."

Really Clark?
10-14-2016, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the article. Interesting that the CL admitted to breaking their own policy but wouldn't go into why and thought it was fine to do so. Anybody still want to defend them on this story?

Mjoelner34
10-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Kellenberger’s response: “I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to go into that.” = Our puppet masters in Oxford asked us to.

I'm sure Killaburger will do some follow-up research and write a hard-hitting story on Robertson's leaked messages about high level donors meeting recruits in the coach's office, aircraft flights on planes belonging to a booster and the Taco Bell folks dropping presents to players in the head coach's office won't he? Ha, who am I kidding. It'll get no further than him doing some research around noon today at a Jackson area Taco Bell.

I seen it dawg
10-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Does that make him Killataco?

MafiaDawg
10-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Kellenberger is so unqualified, unprofessional, and overwhelmed at his new gig. It's very obvious.

starkvegasdawg
10-14-2016, 11:15 AM
Does that make him Killataco?

Not sure his preference is Taco killing.

DownwardDawg
10-14-2016, 11:27 AM

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! +1,000,000

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2016, 11:32 AM

Definitely looks like he prefers the sausage, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Beaver
10-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the insight, Rick. It seems this whole fiasco could've been avoided if the CL had just followed protocol. Maybe that's why Keenum was pissed.

sandwolf
10-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Honest question -- Is there a circumstance that would justify them breaking policy and not giving MSU the opportunity to comment on something like this? Because I sure can't think of one....

Liverpooldawg
10-14-2016, 11:42 AM
What Kellenberger's answers to your questions actually say to me is "we break policy if it's an opportunity to hurt or embarrass MSU."

Yep, that's exactly what Kellenberger said. The sooner that paper goes out of business the better.

WSOPdawg
10-14-2016, 12:41 PM
Thanks Mr. Cleveland for this appetizer.

Would it be appropriate if you, sometime in the near future, write an impartial investigative piece on the CL's treatment of MSU vs UM?

While it may turn out to be nothing but a MSU conspiracy theorist's bad dream, the results may be surprising and confirming to what many at MSU believe. It could even be published in Mississippi Today.

StatesboroBlues
10-14-2016, 01:03 PM
Thanks Mr. Cleveland for this appetizer.

Would it be appropriate if you, sometime in the near future, write an impartial investigative piece on the CL's treatment of MSU vs UM?

While it may turn out to be nothing but a MSU conspiracy theorist's bad dream, the results may be surprising and confirming to what many at MSU believe. It could even be published in Mississippi Today.

I would just assume him write one on how the CL has covered the UM NCAA investigation compared to Sherrill's...That would tell the story. Or hell, just the CL coverage of the UM investigation.

Political Hack
10-14-2016, 01:10 PM
I would just assume him write one on how the CL has investigated the UM NCAA coverage compared to Sherrill's...That would tell the story. Or hell, just the CL coverage of the UM investigation.

This right here. Do it. Add Simmons vs OM's NCAA worries.

The LARGEST NCAA investigation in history has been conducted for 3 years in Mississippi and the state newspaper hasn't noticed?

QuadrupleOption
10-14-2016, 01:22 PM
This right here. Do it. Add Simmons vs OM's NCAA worries.

The LARGEST NCAA investigation in history has been conducted for 3 years in Mississippi and the state newspaper hasn't noticed?

Oh they ****ing noticed all right. Remember their jack-off Sports Editor wrote an article about how poor old UM had been victimized by the mean old NCAA who hadn't found a single thing in 4 years of looking.

maroonmania
10-14-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm sorry, but IMO anybody, even non-MSU fans that don't believe the CL is actively trying to hurt MSU is just a bonafide idiot and should be labeled as such.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-14-2016, 02:02 PM
It hasnt been the same since you left Rick. It is now a joke.

confucius say
10-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Honest question -- Is there a circumstance that would justify them breaking policy and not giving MSU the opportunity to comment on something like this? Because I sure can't think of one....

Only thing I could think of would be if msu would not take bonners call Bc they are done with the CL.

M.Fillmore
10-14-2016, 02:36 PM
While I appreciate Keenum's response, he should, at a minimum, suspend the CL from campus. Most of us want them gone for good, but if there are no repercussions, then the CL is free to keep sticking it to us.

Keenum could say, "MSU deeply respects the profession of journalism. All professions have accountability. Sadly, the CL has demonstrated a reckless disregard of their own professional ethos. As such, MSU will no longer offer accommodations to the CL until it demonstrates that it can work in an ethical and responsible manner."

WSOPdawg
10-14-2016, 02:40 PM
While I appreciate Keenum's response, he should, at a minimum, suspend the CL from campus. Most of us want them gone for good, but if there are no repercussions, then the CL is free to keep sticking it to us.

Keenum could say, "MSU deeply respects the profession of journalism. All professions have accountability. Sadly, the CL has demonstrated a reckless disregard of their own ethical ethos. As such, MSU will no longer offer accommodations to the CL until it demonstrates that it can work in an ethical and responsible manner."

For the remainder of the academic 2016-17 school year, all press credentials for the CLiar should be revoked!!!

The CLiar needs MSU more than MSU needs the CLiar.

cheewgumm
10-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Kellenburger is proud of Bonner for being out on front of a story?

Yet with ole miss investigation they are not even keeping at all.