PDA

View Full Version : It is clear that an alternative news source is needed in MS, so ...

IMissJack
10-13-2016, 06:17 PM
hypothetically, how much would it take to get an online newspaper going? There have been some online private papers here in TX, but what if there was an all sports online newspaper in MS, what would it take? Could an Al.com type of organization work in MS?

msbulldog
10-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Talk to Sid Salter, he once owned and edited the Scott County Times. He did a good job at that and he's done a good job in everything he's ever done. I'm sure he could give you insight, plus he's our MSU spokesman. You can find his contact information on the MSU website.
Personal info Sid and I ran for SA President along time ago, neither of us won, but he's a good guy.

IMissJack
10-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Talk to Sid Salter, he once owned and edited the Scott County Times. He did a good job at that and he's done a good job in everything he's ever done. I'm sure he could give you insight, plus he's our MSU spokesman. You can find his contact information on the MSU website.
Personal info Sid and I ran for SA President along time ago, neither of us won, but he's a good guy.

Just wondering how much fundraising we would have to do...**

preachermatt83
10-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Sid def would be the best to talk to about it. Great guy. Scott County times has stunk since he left.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-13-2016, 08:20 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-14-2016, 09:18 AM
If you do it and need a graphic guy or photographer, hit me up. I think it's a great idea.

IMissJack
10-14-2016, 12:32 PM
If you do it and need a graphic guy or photographer, hit me up. I think it's a great idea.

Trust me, I don't have the money to do it, but I think it would be a good project if the right people got behind it.

Taog Redloh
10-14-2016, 01:03 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/

^^^ There's your answer

EngDawg
10-14-2016, 01:10 PM
^^^ There's your answer
To paraphrase somebody whose name I have forgotten:

As the population of the planet approaches ∞, the value of any arbitrary idea approaches 0.