PDA

View Full Version : MSU has way too many people that care more about themselves than they do MSU....

Taog Redloh
10-13-2016, 09:36 AM
That's all this really comes down to. Most guys I think have given up on ever winning so they are just out trying to make a name or a profit for themselves. Freaking trash, snake oil filth. Straight worthless, they know who they are.

I don't know that the fanbase has ever really united about anything. The closest I've ever seen was Mullen around 2010, but as soon as 2011 hit about half jumped off that bandwagon. Cohen takes us higher than we've ever been and there were people wanting to fire him 2 years later. Shit, we've NEVER united behind Cohen, that wagon was divided from the get-go.

So now, I'm not surprised we have leaks and I'm not surprised our PR sucks and I'm not surprised the media continuously screws with us. Until we get rid of what I said in the title, nothing else will matter. We are an easy target. Foundation made of sand.

Gutter Cobreh
10-13-2016, 09:44 AM
You're going a little bit off the rails here...

There always have to be two sides on any subject or else you never progress.

No different than these boards. We used to have a culture where topics were actually debated. Today we have the "it's my way or the highway" and we don't even consider the other side as our mind is made up and we are never wrong.

I read your posts and you think outside the box, but on this rant - you're a bit off.

Taog Redloh
10-13-2016, 09:52 AM

No different than these boards. We used to have a culture where topics were actually debated. Today we have the "it's my way or the highway" and we don't even consider the other side as our mind is made up and we are never wrong.

I read your posts and you think outside the box, but on this rant - you're a bit off.

I agree with your premise I honestly think, nowadays, we have the right way and the stupid way. In all facets of life - politics, sports, etc. So, there's not much point in debate anymore.

mparkerfd20
10-13-2016, 10:02 AM
I agree with your premise I honestly think, nowadays, we have the right way and the stupid way. In all facets of life - politics, sports, etc. So, there's not much point in debate anymore.

Agree... Too bad the stupid way wins more times than not. I confess I'm guilty of it myself. We are MSU.

Cowboydawg
10-13-2016, 10:15 AM

Today's culture is about instant gratification. Who can do what the fastest and at the expense of doing things the right way. People rarely step back and look at the bigger picture and it really sux.

drunkernhelldawg
10-13-2016, 10:35 AM
You've nailed it, and it goes back 50 years.

Gutter Cobreh
10-13-2016, 10:48 AM

That is what I was alluding to. I come to this board to get different perspectives on MSU sports. If someone is bashing something at the time, it doesn't mean that they don't care about the program. I think we honestly all have a certain amount of love (for lack of a better word) for the school or we wouldn't even be this invested. I don't think we have to all be in "lock step" to push the program forward as we're always going to differ on how we think that forward movement needs to occur.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2016, 10:54 AM
That's all this really comes down to. Most guys I think have given up on ever winning so they are just out trying to make a name or a profit for themselves. Freaking trash, snake oil filth. Straight worthless, they know who they are.

I don't know that the fanbase has ever really united about anything. The closest I've ever seen was Mullen around 2010, but as soon as 2011 hit about half jumped off that bandwagon. Cohen takes us higher than we've ever been and there were people wanting to fire him 2 years later. Shit, we've NEVER united behind Cohen, that wagon was divided from the get-go.

So now, I'm not surprised we have leaks and I'm not surprised our PR sucks and I'm not surprised the media continuously screws with us. Until we get rid of what I said in the title, nothing else will matter. We are an easy target. Foundation made of sand.

Yep. Same ole poor ole whipped down MSU. What's kind of funny actually is some of these guys think they are doing something new. It's the same old crap.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2016, 11:01 AM
Today's culture is about instant gratification. Who can do what the fastest and at the expense of doing things the right way. People rarely step back and look at the bigger picture and it really sux.

This guy gets it!

LC Dawg
10-13-2016, 11:11 AM
I think one thing we all need to be thankful for is that we have Dr. Keenum leading the university during this time. Could you imagine a couple of his predecessors handling this situation? You may not agree with everything he does but he is true maroon and is always looking out for the best interests of Mississippi State University. I am going to support whatever decision he makes because I trust him and there is really not much I can do about any of it anyway.

Really Clark?
10-13-2016, 11:13 AM
That is what I was alluding to. I come to this board to get different perspectives on MSU sports. If someone is bashing something at the time, it doesn't mean that they don't care about the program. I think we honestly all have a certain amount of love (for lack of a better word) for the school or we wouldn't even be this invested. I don't think we have to all be in "lock step" to push the program forward as we're always going to differ on how we think that forward movement needs to occur.

The disconnect are the ones pushing for their own agenda that is not pushing the program forward. They may say that is what they are doing but when they are trying to sway people through misinformation and sabatoge, then that is a problem. Even inside information that is brought to this board has an agenda slant to it at times. How many right now are sticking to their guns that Cohen is the AD and the info just got leaked early? Several people got that info as well. But its also being stated from insiders that this is a power play meant to force the issue for an agenda. We have a struggle right now and Stricklin leaving seems to have created a vacuum for a power struggle. And no matter what people think, yesterday at a min created a cluster for Keenum to deal with.

BB30
10-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Yep. Same ole poor ole whipped down MSU. What's kind of funny actually is some of these guys think they are doing something new. It's the same old crap.

There is a difference in poor ole MSU and seeing facts, understanding our disadvantages, and using that knowledge to capitalize and continue to improve and grow. You cannot improve without first seeing where the problem areas are and coming up with a solution to fix said problems. We have many disadvantages in recruiting, assistant coaches, budget, facilities, location, etc. But, none of those are insurmountable by any means. The future is bright for Mississippi State, just seeing how far we have come in the last 10 years is impressive. It would be hard to find an athletic program in the country that has made as much progress as we have in such a short amount of time and that can and will continue to happen.

Also, these times are what make the good and great times at State all the more special. It means so much more when we have success than it does for sidewalk fans for big programs. It comes with a lot of heartbreak, but that is what makes seasons like 14, making it to the NC in baseball etc. and seeing our student athletes do well after college that much better.

AusTexDawg
10-13-2016, 12:21 PM
There is a difference in poor ole MSU and seeing facts, understanding our disadvantages, and using that knowledge to capitalize and continue to improve and grow...

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to BB30 again."

Gutter Cobreh
10-13-2016, 12:41 PM
The disconnect are the ones pushing for their own agenda that is not pushing the program forward. They may say that is what they are doing but when they are trying to sway people through misinformation and sabatoge, then that is a problem. Even inside information that is brought to this board has an agenda slant to it at times. How many right now are sticking to their guns that Cohen is the AD and the info just got leaked early? Several people got that info as well. But its also being stated from insiders that this is a power play meant to force the issue for an agenda. We have a struggle right now and Stricklin leaving seems to have created a vacuum for a power struggle. And no matter what people think, yesterday at a min created a cluster for Keenum to deal with.

Great points. I guess it boils down to how much you actually think the posts on this board matter in the grand scheme of things.

Example - if Cohen is hired, there are a few that would have been incorrect on their initial thoughts that have "inside" information:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?48643-Bo-Bounds-say-our-AD-Job-Is-Highly-Sought-After&p=622127#post622127

Just read through that thread now and see how things have unfolded between now and then regarding the AD search and who gave Cohen no chance to begin with...

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2016, 01:41 PM
There is a difference in poor ole MSU and seeing facts, understanding our disadvantages, and using that knowledge to capitalize and continue to improve and grow. You cannot improve without first seeing where the problem areas are and coming up with a solution to fix said problems. We have many disadvantages in recruiting, assistant coaches, budget, facilities, location, etc. But, none of those are insurmountable by any means. The future is bright for Mississippi State, just seeing how far we have come in the last 10 years is impressive. It would be hard to find an athletic program in the country that has made as much progress as we have in such a short amount of time and that can and will continue to happen.

Also, these times are what make the good and great times at State all the more special. It means so much more when we have success than it does for sidewalk fans for big programs. It comes with a lot of heartbreak, but that is what makes seasons like 14, making it to the NC in baseball etc. and seeing our student athletes do well after college that much better.

Of course. But it's the attitude and actions that are the same.

Political Hack
10-13-2016, 02:21 PM
I think one thing we all need to be thankful for is that we have Dr. Keenum leading the university during this time. Could you imagine a couple of his predecessors handling this situation? You may not agree with everything he does but he is true maroon and is always looking out for the best interests of Mississippi State University. I am going to support whatever decision he makes because I trust him and there is really not much I can do about any of it anyway.

I can agree with that. He's been great for the university.

Dawgbite
10-13-2016, 02:58 PM
We all can't even agree to Bitch about it on a single message board. It always has to be us vs them within this fan base.

dawgs
10-13-2016, 05:33 PM

I feel like stepping back and looking big picture is why I, andmmany others, would be fine moving on from Mullen. We've seen how he coaches big games, even with dak, he gets overly conservative and gets scared to open the playbook until we get down big. We've also seen him completely whiff on capitalizing on the momentum of the 2014 #1 run and dak in the last 2+ recruiting cycles. We are losing guys literally in our backyard to our most hated division rivals and replacing them with guys with offers from la tech and usm and uab. We all knew dan wasn't going to keep nailing his diamonds in the rough forever and that we needed and upgrade in recruiting while riding high in order to maintain our on field product. Instead we signed the same 2-3* no names with a couple of 4* and again ranked last in the west in recruiting, and the diamonds in the rough have dried up. We also step back and see that since we hit #1, it's like dan'a been in a daze. I don't know if it's just complacency or if he desperately wants out or if he's got family troubles or what, but he sure as hell isnt coaching with any edge. Then he refuses to hang up the phone when any programs express interest in him, so that ends up back in our face on the recruiting trail (seriously pre-NCAA trouble, you'd hear freeze's name initially when a job opened, but he was never considered a front runner or a legit candidate after the initial lists of candidates - that's a sign of freeze hanging up the damn phone and telling them he's not interested and dan actually listening to their offers and going on interviews).

Stepping back and looking at the big picture is what allows us to see all that despite dan's overall record and the last 2 years with dak (both of which could've definitely been better with some better coaching decisions), that maybe it's not a bad thing to part ways before it gets uglier for both of us. Because all signs indicate it's gonna get uglier.

Todd4State
10-13-2016, 05:50 PM
I feel like stepping back and looking big picture is why I, andmmany others, would be fine moving on from Mullen. We've seen how he coaches big games, even with dak, he gets overly conservative and gets scared to open the playbook until we get down big. We've also seen him completely whiff on capitalizing on the momentum of the 2014 #1 run and dak in the last 2+ recruiting cycles. We are losing guys literally in our backyard to our most hated division rivals and replacing them with guys with offers from la tech and usm and uab. We all knew dan wasn't going to keep nailing his diamonds in the rough forever and that we needed and upgrade in recruiting while riding high in order to maintain our on field product. Instead we signed the same 2-3* no names with a couple of 4* and again ranked last in the west in recruiting, and the diamonds in the rough have dried up. We also step back and see that since we hit #1, it's like dan'a been in a daze. I don't know if it's just complacency or if he desperately wants out or if he's got family troubles or what, but he sure as hell isnt coaching with any edge. Then he refuses to hang up the phone when any programs express interest in him, so that ends up back in our face on the recruiting trail (seriously pre-NCAA trouble, you'd hear freeze's name initially when a job opened, but he was never considered a front runner or a legit candidate after the initial lists of candidates - that's a sign of freeze hanging up the damn phone and telling them he's not interested and dan actually listening to their offers and going on interviews).

Stepping back and looking at the big picture is what allows us to see all that despite dan's overall record and the last 2 years with dak (both of which could've definitely been better with some better coaching decisions), that maybe it's not a bad thing to part ways before it gets uglier for both of us. Because all signs indicate it's gonna get uglier.

Well said.