PDA

View Full Version : What does Keenum do?

Indndawg
10-13-2016, 05:30 AM
1) Hire Cohen (I suspect Bonner was correct) and lose credibility.
2) Unhire Cohen and face the backlash with that situation and yet try to save face
3) Another scenario.....................

If we hire Cohen its not necessarily a bad hire...but def. a lazy hire...so typical of MSU

msstate7
10-13-2016, 07:13 AM
Wait till Cohen finds replacement HC to keep recruiting class together with early signing day approaching.

starkvegasdawg
10-13-2016, 07:21 AM
This is the perfect storm he finds himself in and I have to think orchestrated by our soon to be anally violated little brother up north. Keenum has been caught in a no win situation IF...IF...he was planning on hiring Cohen. If he tries to retract that hire for obivous reasons then Cohen is going to be pissed at losing a job that was promised to him for these circumstances. Does he then get pissed off and just walk away from everything and leave us with no AD and no baseball coach?

Does he go ahead and hire Cohen anyway and face the massive backlash that you know would be coming from the dickless lapdogs at the CL?

Best case scenario would be that Cohen was not in any way, shape, form, or fashion promised the AD job. Then Keenum can hire who he wants with no turmoil or backlash in our athletic department and we can all go back to pissing and moaning about our football team.

Bothrops
10-13-2016, 07:23 AM
Things like this would only happen to us.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-13-2016, 07:35 AM
If Cohen is the guy, then I handle it like this. Wait about a week and announce Cohen as the AD. Say that you interviewed several candidates. Say that you just recently offered him the job and he accepted it. Give a date that he was offered the job to show it was offered after the CL report. Cohen should say the same in the press conference.

For example if the press conference is on the 21st, Keenum should say something like, "we were still interviewing candidates early this week. We offered Cohen the job on Wednesday (the 19th) and he accepted it". Cohen would say something like this "I know they were still interviewing candidates within the last week. I really wanted the job so I was excited when Mark called me Wednesday and extended the offer".

That way you put a date stamp in the press conference that is after the CL report. Remember, if Cohen is the guy, it doesn't make Bonner correct. Bonner is only correct if Cohen was the guy at the time the CL report was released.

msstate7
10-13-2016, 07:42 AM
If Cohen is the guy, then I handle it like this. Wait about a week and announce Cohen as the AD. Say that you interviewed several candidates. Say that you just recently offered him the job and he accepted it. Give a date that he was offered the job to show it was offered after the CL report. Cohen should say the same in the press conference.

For example if the press conference is on the 21st, Keenum should say something like, "we were still interviewing candidates early this week. We offered Cohen the job on Wednesday (the 19th) and he accepted it". Cohen would say something like this "I know they were still interviewing candidates within the last week. I really wanted the job so I was excited when Mark called me Wednesday and extended the offer".

That way you put a date stamp in the press conference that is after the CL report. Remember, if Cohen is the guy, it doesn't make Bonner correct. Bonner is only correct if Cohen was the guy at the time the CL report was released.

If Cohen gets the job, i think the perception is Bonner was right regardless.

When rosebowl was saying om had an NOA, did it matter if om had it at the time or if they received it shortly after? To me, it doesn't matter if the story proves to be true in the end.

Someone last night posted that keenum being mad was a sign Bonner was right and I agree. If Bonner jumped the gun and is completely off, why release a statement and be rustled about it? If Bonner was way off, I think you just keep going with the process and let Bonner look like an idiot.

Dawgface
10-13-2016, 07:46 AM
Doesn't matter how he handles a Cohen announcement. CL will just say they were right which doesn't bother me. I just hope we truly are searching nationally for an AD.

ScreenCaptureThis
10-13-2016, 07:56 AM

When rosebowl was saying om had an NOA, did it matter if om had it at the time or if they received it shortly after? To me, it doesn't matter if the story proves to be true in the end.

Someone last night posted that keenum being mad was a sign Bonner was right and I agree. If Bonner jumped the gun and is completely off, why release a statement and be rustled about it? If Bonner was way off, I think you just keep going with the process and let Bonner look like an idiot.

By the early story, IF Keenum had a plan to hire Cohen, the announcement puts him in a bad spot in terms of negotiations. Cohen can press him against the wall and make Keenum look bad.

Also, it makes the other candidates less inclined to interview if they think the process is a done deal. Cohen may be a preferred candidate, but they may be hoping a big name shows interest. This would hurt any chance of that happening.

Last, he'd be REALLY pissed if all of the tweets and emails about the CL being biased have been proven, which this story is a prime example (considering the CL has yet to cover the OM cheating), and he's had enough.

fishwater99
10-13-2016, 09:43 AM

Keenum looks like a fool if we hire Cohen..

lachepas565
10-13-2016, 09:47 AM
I don't think he hires Cohen - if that was a possibility, the statement was a big mistake that would make him look silly.

After some time to think about it - I think Bonner did have this sourced from someone, but it was an effort by Keenum to sniff out a leak. My guess is that someone in the ADs office is very nervous right now.

Taog Redloh
10-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Why would he lose credibility?

Mjoelner34
10-13-2016, 09:59 AM
After some time to think about it - I think Bonner did have this sourced from someone, but it was an effort by Keenum to sniff out a leak. My guess is that someone in the ADs office is very nervous right now.

Interesting take. If true, that's some great double-naught spy shit by Keenum. Snuff out all leaks before moving forward with anything.

msstate7
10-13-2016, 10:02 AM

You think we should eliminate Cohen as a candidate to help keenum save face?

Maroons
10-13-2016, 10:05 AM
Things like this would only happen to us.

Uh...no. Have you not paid attention to any other coaching or AD searches around the country in the last decade?

fishwater99
10-13-2016, 10:10 AM
You think we should eliminate Cohen as a candidate to help keenum save face?

Why would he make that statement is we are hiring Cohen?

Tbonewannabe
10-13-2016, 10:12 AM
I don't care how this looks as long as what is best for us is what happens. If Cohen really is the best one for the job and we get someone as good as Cohen to take over Baseball then I am happy. My only worry is we give Cohen the AD job where someone else would be as good and then baseball gets a coach that isn't as good as Cohen.

Screw all the how it looks crap as long as we do what is in MSU's best interest.

msstate7
10-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Why would he make that statement is we are hiring Cohen?

To me the statement seems more like we were indeed gonna hire Cohen. If we were gonna hire Cohen as AD and backtrack to save face for keenum, we not only lose Cohen as AD, but as HC also imo. I think saying the interview process isn't done yet was the best strategy

Todd4State
10-13-2016, 10:30 AM
To me the statement seems more like we were indeed gonna hire Cohen. If we were gonna hire Cohen as AD and backtrack to save face for keenum, we not only lose Cohen as AD, but as HC also imo. I think saying the interview process isn't done yet was the best strategy

Why would Cohen leave? All they have to do is handle it the way I have been talking about. Give him more AD responsibilities so that he can get experience. Very simple.

msstate7
10-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Why would Cohen leave? All they have to do is handle it the way I have been talking about. Give him more AD responsibilities so that he can get experience. Very simple.

If my employer offered me a job, then backtracked to save face, I'm jumping at next opportunity to leave

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-13-2016, 10:38 AM
how? By not wanting it announced like that and before it was official? I don't see anything wrong with that.

Todd4State
10-13-2016, 10:38 AM
If my employer offered me a job, then backtracked to save face, I'm jumping at next opportunity to leave

When was Cohen offered the AD job? We are still having interviews.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-13-2016, 10:39 AM
surely anyone with sense doesnt really think this.

gtowndawg
10-13-2016, 10:42 AM
At the end of the day, nobody outside the inner circle really cares about this one way or the other. I've not talked to a soul here in the Memphis area today that has any clue about any of this. Heck, I've spoken to two different State fans today that had no clue.

msstate7
10-13-2016, 10:44 AM
When was Cohen offered the AD job? We are still having interviews.

That's why I included the "if"

LC Dawg
10-13-2016, 10:47 AM
I just don't see how Dr. Keenum loses credibility if he hires Cohen. He never stated he was not going to hire him, only that the decision wasn't made. I'm sure Bonner already has an "I Told You So" article written but I'm sure Dr. Keenum has had some conversations with the C-L about how this thing will be handled going forward. If that article is published then I don't think Bonner steps back on our campus. The C-L may think they can bully us but I think we are ready for the challenge. For the record I don't really care if anyone thinks we look bad as long as we get the right guy to lead our athletic department. I am going to trust that Dr. Keenum makes the correct decision.

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2016, 10:50 AM

No he doesn't. It would look like we have someone either in or around the athletic department or Lee Hall that has a big mouth.

msbulldog
10-13-2016, 12:49 PM
I don't care how this looks as long as what is best for us is what happens. If Cohen really is the best one for the job and we get someone as good as Cohen to take over Baseball then I am happy. My only worry is we give Cohen the AD job where someone else would be as good and then baseball gets a coach that isn't as good as Cohen.

Screw all the how it looks crap as long as we do what is in MSU's best interest.

Agree, Keenum should do what's best for MSU and 17 the CL and 17 anybody else and what they think. This is our school and 17 the rest of them. Hail State! My rant for the day.

DownwardDawg
10-13-2016, 12:58 PM
The CL Boner article will have ZERO effect on our AD hire. Good grief people.

Really Clark?
10-13-2016, 01:14 PM
The CL Boner article will have ZERO effect on our AD hire. Good grief people.

But it did have an effect when other candidates were questioning Keenum if we were still doing a search, if he had already determined who he wanted before their interviews. What if one of the ones who is highly thought of goes through with pulling out. The only way it truly has not effect is if Cohen is truly the guy or Keenum was able to convenice all the candidates they have a legitimate chance of being offered. Keenum should have never been in this position to do damage control, no matter the outcome.