PDA

View Full Version : Who Gives a Damn if Bonner is Right or Not

Spiderman
10-12-2016, 09:46 PM
What I wanna know is if he is right, where was this kinda investigative journalism on the NCAA -Ole Miss deal?

And if he is wrong, where was this kinda investigative journalism on the NCAA-Ole Miss deal?

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Got that right.

confucius say
10-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Here's the deal. Regardless of whether Cohen will be the AD, the CL ran an article, reporting as fact, a decision has been made by msu without, admittedly, talking to any person with authority to make said decision. If you want to run such an article, fine. But you do it as an opinion piece-not a reporting of fact. That's on Sam hall and kellenburger.

WSOPdawg
10-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Damn straight!!!

Jarius
10-12-2016, 10:14 PM
If we hire Cohen in the next few days our president just made himself look like an idiot. If we don't then Bonner might as well look for another job because he has no credibility left (and probably no access). I hope it's the latter. As far as your point about them and OM, it's comical at this point. They don't even hide it. They can all go suck a dick either way.

WSOPdawg
10-12-2016, 10:18 PM
If we hire Cohen in the next few days our president just made himself look like an idiot. If we don't then Bonner might as well look for another job because he has no credibility left (and probably no access). I hope it's the latter. As far as your point about them and OM, it's comical at this point. They don't even hide it. They can all go suck a dick.

I think whether we move to Cohen to AD or not is irrelevant. To me, it's more the fact that no way in hell would the CL do this to TCUN, yet they do crap like this to us repeatedly and I think Keenum has finally had his fill of it.

civildawg
10-12-2016, 10:19 PM
I agree with you. If we hire cohen we are just going to look stupid two ways. 1 with Bonner and another with giving our AD job to a baseball coach

mic
10-12-2016, 10:20 PM
If we hire Cohen in the next few days our president just made himself look like an idiot. If we don't then Bonner might as well look for another job because he has no credibility left (and probably no access). I hope it's the latter.

Kennum did exactly what he should have done ripped their ass..
Cohen hasn't been named AD..
At least the Pres had the balls to call them out.. And call them out swiftly and publicly .. Something our athletic dept and PR dept hasn't done enough of.

Jarius
10-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Kennum did exactly what he should have done ripped their ass..
Cohen hasn't been named AD..
At least the Pres had the balls to call them out.. And call them out swiftly and publicly .. Something our athletic dept and PR dept hasn't done enough..

If he hires Cohen he looks like an idiot to anyone that isn't a state fan for blasting someone that had good sources. That's like ole miss fans getting pissed at Steve for reporting facts about their investigation simply because they didn't want the facts to be known yet. If bonner is wrong he needs to be fired though because that is inexcusable.

Jarius
10-12-2016, 10:29 PM
I think whether we move to Cohen to AD or not is irrelevant. To me, it's more the fact that no way in hell would the CL do this to TCUN, yet they do crap like this to us repeatedly and I think Keenum has finally had his fill of it.

I want them to report on Us and ole miss correctly. I don't want spirit and genespage coverage for either. I agree that they report on the 2 differently and understand your frustration.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-12-2016, 10:36 PM
A couple of thoughts on this thing. One, Keenum was obviously pissed. So let's look at it. If he truly hasn't decided on an AD and hasn't finished interviews yet, why the need to get mad? Simply state that the C-L is incorrect and continue on with the search as planned letting all candidates know that it was an incorrect article. But since he did get mad, it moves the needle in the direction that Cohen was indeed his choice, but for whatever reason was not ready to announce it. The most logical reason I have heard today was because they wanted to get a baseball coach lined up before going public and making the announcements in unison within a day or so apart. That makes perfect sense.

Now I don't care what it looks like if Keenum comes out and names Cohen AD next week. It will have been his choice and any of this crap from today or whatever comes the next few days will go away.

The bigger question is, and most likely the larger part of why he was so pissed, is where did the leak come from? Who, from his trusted sources, put out the info to dickwad? That, moreso than the C-L obtaining the info is what needs to be found out, if indeed Cohen was and is his man.

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 11:02 PM
A couple of thoughts on this thing. One, Keenum was obviously pissed. So let's look at it. If he truly hasn't decided on an AD and hasn't finished interviews yet, why the need to get mad? Simply state that the C-L is incorrect and continue on with the search as planned letting all candidates know that it was an incorrect article. But since he did get mad, it moves the needle in the direction that Cohen was indeed his choice, but for whatever reason was not ready to announce it. The most logical reason I have heard today was because they wanted to get a baseball coach lined up before going public and making the announcements in unison within a day or so apart. That makes perfect sense.

Now I don't care what it looks like if Keenum comes out and names Cohen AD next week. It will have been his choice and any of this crap from today or whatever comes the next few days will go away.

The bigger question is, and most likely the larger part of why he was so pissed, is where did the leak come from? Who, from his trusted sources, put out the info to dickwad? That, moreso than the C-L obtaining the info is what needs to be found out, if indeed Cohen was and is his man.

That's possible. Or he had not made up his mind and had other very qualified individuals set to interview, maybe even over the next few days, and he to handle a &#%@storm of them calling to withdraw their names for consideration. And Cohen having to handle his committed players about to decommit over this. Even if Cohen would have eventually got it, the process wasn't finished. Or he is pissed someone is trying to force a descision either for or against Cohen and has created a cluster for him to deal with.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 11:14 PM
That's possible. Or he had not made up his mind and had other very qualified individuals set to interview, maybe even over the next few days, and he to handle a &#%@storm of them calling to withdraw their names for consideration. And Cohen having to handle his committed players about to decommit over this. Even if Cohen would have eventually got it, the process wasn't finished. Or he is pissed someone is trying to force a descision either for or against Cohen and has created a cluster for him to deal with.

This.

DancingRabbit
10-12-2016, 11:31 PM
If a decision has really been made, I'm not that pissed at Bonner.

I'm pissed at whoever our inside leak is, and pissed that the CL reports on MSU and OM differently.

If a decision has not been made, and Bonner ran with rumors, then his credentials should be permanently pulled. And, Keenum should have the CL come and explain to him why any CL writer should have access. Suspend the whole paper for a period of time.

When he started, I don't think Bonner was slanted negatively towards us. He worked hard and put out a lot of info. Over time it seems like he has been poisoned by the CL environment and has become slanted against us. Not all the time but it slips out from time to time.

msbulldog
10-13-2016, 06:17 AM
If a decision has really been made, I'm not that pissed at Bonner.

I'm pissed at whoever our inside leak is, and pissed that the CL reports on MSU and OM differently.

If a decision has not been made, and Bonner ran with rumors, then his credentials should be permanently pulled. And, Keenum should have the CL come and explain to him why any CL writer should have access. Suspend the whole paper for a period of time.

When he started, I don't think Bonner was slanted negatively towards us. He worked hard and put out a lot of info. Over time it seems like he has been poisoned by the CL environment and has become slanted against us. Not all the time but it slips out from time to time.

Yep, hopefully the positive that can come from this is that Keenum now has the CL on his radar. Maybe he will direct the appropriate people to play hardball with the CL and whip them into shape. Mississippi did and it worked wonders for them, ask Riley Blevins.