PDA

View Full Version : Defense was misdiagnosed.

starkvegasdawg
08-31-2013, 05:00 PM
We're schizo. Not psychotic.

Gordon Gekko
08-31-2013, 05:00 PM
They're tired

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 05:19 PM
yeah, this game isn't on the D at all. Our offense ran 6 plays in the 3rd quarter.

Itsbeenworse
08-31-2013, 05:21 PM
No way this is on d. Last two games last year not on d either. Offense is incompetent against a decent d.

MarketingBully01
08-31-2013, 05:21 PM
We held them to 7 at halftime and if we can get a drive going we can at least make it respectable.

Original48
08-31-2013, 05:22 PM
This loss is Mullen's and Mullen's alone. He's given the defense NOTHING. Our D hasn't left the freaking field in the second half. I guess we can go back to the days of Croom and blame our defense for not scoring.

Bubb Rubb
08-31-2013, 05:46 PM
This loss is Mullen's and Mullen's alone. He's given the defense NOTHING. Our D hasn't left the freaking field in the second half. I guess we can go back to the days of Croom and blame our defense for not scoring.

The D has played well today. The only exception I would say is that we are soft on the edges, and we don't play assignment football. Those two long runs by Walsh in the second quarter were backbreakers that should've never happened.

But I agree with the overall sentiment. This is on Dan and his offense.

Thick
08-31-2013, 05:54 PM

That's bullshit Mike. Our defense is the same as last year, nothing new, no blitzes, and our defensive ends CANNOT play the read option. The corners still give a 10 yard cushion on 3 down and long or short...unacceptable. That's the difference in the game! Our offensive play calling has been terrible, but our defense has not changed at all...pitiful!! AND Rod Gilmore is a complete idiot!!

thf24
08-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Defense more than did its job today. It held OSU under 30 despite having absolutely no help from the offense in the third quarter when the damage was done. I thought it was a foregone conclusion before the game that OSU was going to score 30+ no matter how good our defense is, but instead we hold them to 21 and now it's terrible?

Itsbeenworse
08-31-2013, 06:07 PM
It is not the defense. A team with a mediocre offense that holds them to 21 wins the game. Our offense is at the bottom.

CowtownDawg
08-31-2013, 06:08 PM
That's bullshit Mike. Our defense is the same as last year, nothing new, no blitzes, and our defensive ends CANNOT play the read option. The corners still give a 10 yard cushion on 3 down and long or short...unacceptable. That's the difference in the game! Our offensive play calling has been terrible, but our defense has not changed at all...pitiful!! AND Rod Gilmore is a complete idiot!!

You're just wrong on this one. Held them to 21 points when our offense was on the field maybe 10 minutes of game time in the 2nd half, and most of that was in the 4th quarter. OSU averaged nearly twice what they scored today last season. D did their job.

Original48
08-31-2013, 06:28 PM
You are wrong. Hey..would you have taken 21 points given at the start of the game. You know you would. Damn out defense never left the field!!! Believe what you want about the defense, Mullen LOST THIS GAME with his offense. Hell with the motivation, or lack thereof, for our defense to even try Im even more proud of what they did.

Bothrops
08-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Remember the A&M game?? ****ing horrible ass offense! Rice scored 28 on their ass today! We scored 13, how anemic.. Chris Wilson smiled earlier.