PDA

View Full Version : Keenum letting his disgust be known.

Thick
10-12-2016, 02:00 PM
http://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2016/10/keenum-sets-record-straight-msu%E2%80%99s-athletics-director-search/

thf24
10-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Great to see us finally calling out the CL with some balls. Hopefully it's a trend that continues.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Way to go bonnet

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Very well done Mr. Keenum

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-12-2016, 02:05 PM
*Mic drop

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Get em! I like it!

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 02:06 PM
He pretty much just called the cl and Bonnet liars lol

MadDawg
10-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Is it not time to pull credentials?

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Keenum has more balls than Stricklin which is not shocking.

scottycameron
10-12-2016, 02:10 PM
This reminds me of the Les Miles Michigan Herbstreit fiasco several years ago. People can't keep their mouth shut for even a day or two.

gtowndawg
10-12-2016, 02:11 PM
Is it not time to pull credentials?

Good Lord, no kidding. Bonner, lol. That guy is so bush league.

Cary Hudson's little bro
Bonner is probably thinking he will have the last laugh. Keenum didn't deny Cohen is the guy.

gtowndawg

Indeed.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Bonner is probably thinking he will have the last laugh. Keenum didn't deny Cohen is the guy.

Doesn't matter. It's unethical to break a story like that if you are a newspaper.

fishwater99
10-12-2016, 02:17 PM
We need to hire someone else if this is true...

ElitedawgRecruiting
10-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Funny part is the rest of the media running to defend that idiot. I was amazed then I realized, if he gets canned, who's gonna be their fourth for Frolf

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Doesn't matter. It's unethical to break a story like that if you are a newspaper.

The CL is not worried about ethics...they're clown shoes

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Great to see us finally calling out the CL with some balls. Hopefully it's a trend that continues.

Showing balls would be revoking their media credentials for a while. Either get on board and report on us fairly or sit on the outside.

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 02:25 PM
This reminds me of the Les Miles Michigan Herbstreit fiasco several years ago. People can't keep their mouth shut for even a day or two.

Yeah and Les had to withdraw because it was a cluster. Of course he had the SEC title game so he had no choice. This whole thing appears to be backfiring.

preachermatt83
10-12-2016, 02:37 PM

Exactly.. Especially without confirmation

preachermatt83
10-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Word is they won't permanently pull bonners credentials but expect them to be "suspended" for a while. Keenum is ticked.

lefty96
10-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Looks like the CL is standing by the report - should prove entertaining.

Lloyd Christmas
10-12-2016, 02:46 PM

Was it ever confirmed that Stricklin had testicles in the first place?

fishwater99
10-12-2016, 02:53 PM

Ouch...

WSOPdawg
10-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Showing balls would be revoking their media credentials for a while. Either get on board and report on us fairly or sit on the outside.

THIS all day long!!!

Do we honestly think there would be negative repercussions if Dr. Keenum told the CL to not bother sending any reporters or beat writers to Starkville for a year or so?

WSOPdawg
10-12-2016, 02:58 PM
And out-17-ing standing to Dr. Keenum!!!

lefty96
10-12-2016, 03:00 PM
THIS all day long!!!

Do we honestly think there would be negative repercussions if Dr. Keenum told the CL to not bother sending any reporters or beat writers to Starkville for a year or so?

I've been wanting this to happen for quite a bit. Anymore, what the hell do we need the CL for?

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Word is they won't permanently pull bonners credentials but expect them to be "suspended" for a while. Keenum is ticked.

And this is another thing that was brought up to me, would Keenum be this mad and suspend credentials over a leaked story that just comes out earlier than we wanted? There are other things at play here that has made it into a cluster for Keenum and it may be backfiring on someone as well.

Mjoelner34
10-12-2016, 03:06 PM

LT had 1.

basedog
10-12-2016, 03:06 PM

So are you on Keenum's side if he chooses Cohen?

RocketDawg
10-12-2016, 03:08 PM
http://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2016/10/keenum-sets-record-straight-msu%E2%80%99s-athletics-director-search/

He let 'em have it. :)

drunkernhelldawg
10-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Why? Stories are published based on leaks all the time. There's no ethical breech unless the public is misled or lied to. However, failing to seek confirmation from MSU admin is an ethical problem if true.

lefty96
10-12-2016, 03:13 PM

What I don't understand is why people are flipping out about Cohen, if we announce some up and coming name for a mid major, is anyone going to be excited? I really have no opinion on Cohen or no, but I don't get the notion that he is automatically bad.

Mjoelner34
10-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Why? Stories are published based on leaks all the time. There's no ethical breech unless the public is misled or lied to.

So there was nothing misleading about reporting a non-truth? Mmmmmk.

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Why? Stories are published based on leaks all the time. There's no ethical breech unless the public is misled or lied to.

Well doesn't Keenum's statement do that? That the article is not factual.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 03:20 PM

I would not agree with Keenum if he chooses Cohen. I think it's a mistake and could burn our baseball program and athletic dept.

What I would do if it were me is hire someone with AD experience and tell Cohen that I am going to help him become better prepared to be the AD one day by increasing his AD duties and increase his pay to reflect the increase in job duties.

maroonmania
10-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Well one thing I would disagree with Keenum on is calling the CL a "reputable newspaper". They haven't been that for quite a while at least as it pertains to their reporting on sports.

Todd4State
And this is another thing that was brought up to me, would Keenum be this mad and suspend credentials over a leaked story that just comes out earlier than we wanted? There are other things at play here that has made it into a cluster for Keenum and it may be backfiring on someone as well.

I think that's very possible. It could be the opposite in that the current athletic staff may not want Cohen. Although the rumor is they want him so that may not be the case.

Commercecomet24
Well doesn't Keenum's statement do that? That the article is not factual.

Correct. Even if Cohen becomes AD he was not selected today and has not even been interviewed and the story was not verified with our administration.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 03:25 PM
What I don't understand is why people are flipping out about Cohen, if we announce some up and coming name for a mid major, is anyone going to be excited? I really have no opinion on Cohen or no, but I don't get the notion that he is automatically bad.

As I have said he has no AD experience and the odds are it is likely to hurt out baseball program in the process. As an AD he is a HUGE risk and I don't think there is any question about that even for the people that are "intrigued" by it or think "it might work".

Personally I think we need someone from outside the MSU family to shake things up big time.

Bothrops
10-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Keenum is true maroon from the start.

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 03:31 PM
I think that's very possible. It could be the opposite in that the current athletic staff may not want Cohen. Although the rumor is they want him so that may not be the case.

I'm sure it's not 100% one way or another so it may be the minority trying to force the issue.

Bothrops
10-12-2016, 03:31 PM

I will be.

blacklistedbully
10-12-2016, 03:37 PM
I have been a huge fan of Dr. Keenum for a long time.

Doc, if you're reading this...Hell yeah! Way to give 'em hell! Keenum is True Maroon!

oldtrickdawg
10-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Mr. Cohen is not tall enough for the AD job...

DeviousDawg
10-12-2016, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't expect Cohen to be announced until he has his replacement committed.

Even if Cohen has already agreed to take the job, I completely get Keenum's frustration. For over a year he has watched the state's biggest newspaper act like Ole Miss is not in the middle of one of the biggest recruiting scandals this century. The only thing he has seen them report on Ole Miss was the Tunsil/Miller fight. Immediately after it broke they fired the reporter and wrote a story on how Tunsil was just protecting momma. Fast forward to today, and we are in the middle of hiring a new leader for our athletic department and the clarion ledger confirms Cohen to AD without getting the OK from our athletic department.

It's truly 17ed up, and I can't wait for Cohen to suspend their credintials on his first day as AD. I can tell you one thing, when we are ready to make an announcement ourselves, we will set up a press conference on campus, and then invite every media outlet in our area except for the CL.

ScoobaDawg
10-12-2016, 04:01 PM

Even if Cohen has already agreed to take the job, I completely get Keenum's frustration. For over a year he has watched the state's biggest newspaper act like Ole Miss is not in the middle of one of the biggest recruiting scandals this century. The only thing he has seen them report on Ole Miss was the Tunsil/Miller fight. Immediately after it broke they fired the reporter and wrote a story on how Tunsil was just protecting momma. Fast forward to today, and we are in the middle of hiring a new leader for our athletic department and the clarion ledger confirms Cohen to AD without getting the OK from our athletic department.

It's truly 17ed up, and I can't wait for Cohen to suspend their credintials on his first day as AD. I can tell you one thing, when we are ready to make an announcement ourselves, we will set up a press conference on campus, and then invite every media outlet in our area except for the CL.

If that is Cohens first act (after hiring a new baseball coach..who better be announced the NEXT DAY after him) in kicking the CL out of a press conference that will make a LOT of MSU fans happy and show some strength. I don't give a damn about that rule of don't fight with a newspaper anymore.. they have continued to go too far and it's time to censor them the best we can by not giving them access to anything.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 04:07 PM

We better hope Cohen works out because we're going to have an inexperienced AD, Ole Miss probably coming after us after they have been put on probation, we'll have to hire a new baseball coach, and likely a new football coach in the next two years. HUGE risk for us.

I'd much rather have someone with experience making those decisions because this is a VERY critical time for us. We screw it up and it could set us back several years in multiple sports.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm sure it's not 100% one way or another so it may be the minority trying to force the issue.

It's hard to tell right now and we probably won't know until it's over. If then.

Quaoarsking
10-12-2016, 04:22 PM
I think the question here is who is the source that confirmed Cohen to Bonner. It must be someone pretty high up (Cohen himself?) for the CL to adamantly stand behind the story.

If Keenum didn't want the story out, he should be mad at whoever confirmed it to Bonner, not Bonner himself.

Unless it wasn't confirmed by anyone, or was "confirmed" by someone who obviously doesn't really know. In that case Bonner really screwed up.

DeviousDawg
10-12-2016, 04:25 PM
Exactly.. Especially without confirmation

Correct. Even if Cohen becomes AD he was not selected today and has not even been interviewed and the story was not verified with our administration.

I'm sure he hasn't been interviewed officially, and I'm sure he never will. Is there really a need to interview him? That's like interviewing your fianc? to become your wife. Cohen and the athletic department already know each other very well, at this point it's just a matter of whether both sides agree, and I think they already have, but we will know for sure soon.

The luxury with hiring someone within the athletic department is that it allows us to have replacement coaches and public statements lined up before making the announcement. Cohen can find the replacement he wants, talk to all his recruits and players and let them know or even meet their new coach before they see on Twitter that Cohen is no longer the baseball coach. This has all happened quickly and there is no way we had everything ready to go right now, and then the CL stole our ability to break the story when and how we wanted to. What was Keenum gonna say???

"Yep you got us, surpriseeeeeee Cohen is the New AD! We will have a press conference ready as soon as the CL is available!!!! Thanks for reporting a rumor that everyone has already heard! We just hadn't announced it yet because we were waiting on the CL to break it, thanks Clarion Ledger!!! From the bottom of my maroon heart as well as every other Bulldog's, we could not have done it without y'all!!! #hailstate #IntenseBastardForAD #SuckMyDak"

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm sure he hasn't been interviewed officially, and I'm sure he never will. Is there really a need to interview him? That's like interviewing your fianc? to become your wife. Cohen and the athletic department already know each other very well, at this point it's just a matter of whether both sides agree, and I think they already have, but we will know for sure soon.

The luxury with hiring someone within the athletic department is that it allows us to have replacement coaches and public statements lined up before making the announcement. Cohen can find the replacement he wants, talk to all his recruits and players and let them know or even meet their new coach before they see on Twitter that Cohen is no longer the baseball coach. This has all happened quickly and there is no way we had everything ready to go right now, and then the CL stole our ability to break the story when and how we wanted to. What was Keenum gonna say???

"Yep you got us, surpriseeeeeee Cohen is the New AD! We will have a press conference ready as soon as the CL is available!!!! Thanks for reporting a rumor that everyone has already heard! We just hadn't announced it yet because we were waiting on the CL to break it, thanks Clarion Ledger!!! From the bottom of my maroon heart as well as every other Bulldog's, we could not have done it without y'all!!! #hailstate #IntenseBastardForAD #SuckMyDak"

There really isn't a need to have interviews because this whole thing is a sham. Absolutely bush league on our part.

fishwater99
10-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Th CL sure didn't go out on a limb to investigate TSUN concerning their pending NCAA sanctions.

DeviousDawg
10-12-2016, 04:35 PM
We better hope Cohen works out because we're going to have an inexperienced AD, Ole Miss probably coming after us after they have been put on probation, we'll have to hire a new baseball coach, and likely a new football coach in the next two years. HUGE risk for us.

I'd much rather have someone with experience making those decisions because this is a VERY critical time for us. We screw it up and it could set us back several years in multiple sports.

Cohen won't be announced unless he has the replacement he wants. So you don't have to worry about hiring a new baseball coach, and Cohen has been involved in making many of the coaching hires since he has been here, including Mullen. So it's not like it's a new thing to him. Also 1/7 of the head Baseball coaches in the SEC are former Cohen assistants, you can add Gary Henderson and Lane Burroughs to that list too. So not only is he good at selecting talented coaches, but also leaders. We need some leadership around here right now.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Cohen won't be announced unless he has the replacement he wants. So you don't have to worry about hiring a new baseball coach, and Cohen has been involved in making many of the coaching hires since he has been here, including Mullen. So it's not like it's a new thing to him. Also 1/7 of the head Baseball coaches in the SEC are former Cohen assistants, you can add Gary Henderson and Lane Burroughs to that list too. So not only is he good at selecting talented coaches, but also leaders. We need some leadership around here right now.

We need someone that isn't tied to Starkville.

And you are being short sighted with the baseball coach hire. What about Coggin and Henderson? We may have to get new assistant or we're going to hire a coach that is going to be coming in with assistants he didn't hire and is going to have to work with. The rumor is we're going to hire an assistant coach with for baseball with no head coaching experience although I will admit he is a good hitting coach. But my point is that's a major hire for us among two or three major hires that our athletic department is staring down the barrel at. How many football coaches are former Cohen assistants? How can Cohen lead when he has no experience in marketing and all of the other myriad of duties an AD has to do? You know what will happen there- the "people that know what they are doing" will take care of it right? How is he going to handle Ole Miss turning us in to the NCAA in retaliation in a couple of years?

This is VERY critical time for us and we need someone with experience. NOT the good ol boy network. But **** it. We never learn.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-12-2016, 05:01 PM
The rumor is we're going to hire an assistant coach with for baseball with no head coaching experience although I will admit he is a good hitting coach.

So that rumor is already out there? That was quick.

shoeless joe
10-12-2016, 05:06 PM
There really isn't a need to have interviews because this whole thing is a sham. Absolutely bush league on our part.

Don't always agree with you but usually can see your point of view...but I think you are way over the top here. Not sure if Cohen will be great or not, but I think him being very good is more likely. And Keenum may have known already the traits he wanted in an AD and Cohen possesses those traits.

Not sure why it's so outlandish to think that the best AD for us is a guy that is MSU thru and thru.

GreenheadDawg
10-12-2016, 05:10 PM
So has the CL or Bonner issued a response?

DeviousDawg
10-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Don't always agree with you but usually can see your point of view...but I think you are way over the top here. Not sure if Cohen will be great or not, but I think him being very good is more likely. And Keenum may have known already the traits he wanted in an AD and Cohen possesses those traits.

Not sure why it's so outlandish to think that the best AD for us is a guy that is MSU thru and thru.

#agenda2.0

TheRef
10-12-2016, 05:12 PM
So has the CL or Bonner issued a response?

Bonner on Head to Head doubled down and said as much. He said that he has talked to all of his sources again after MSU released their statement. He stands behind his reports. And has said that any other interviews from here on out are simply a formality.

Edit: Here's the full interview with Bonner on H2H: http://www.supertalk.fm/mike-bonner-of-the-clarion-ledger-joins-head-to-head-to-defend-his-msu-athletics-director-story/

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 05:14 PM

Interseting to me that the best choice for MSU is always a MSU guy.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2016, 05:20 PM
I think you can almost bet on one thing, whether we eventually hire Cohen or not this was let out by the CL for a reason and that reason was not intended to sell papers or help MSU. The CL would never set foot on campus with credentials as long as I was around if I was Keenum. Not until everyone from the editor to Bonner has been replaced.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 05:24 PM
I think you can almost bet on one thing, whether we eventually hire Cohen or not this was let out by the CL for a reason and that reason was not intended to sell papers or help MSU. The CL would never set foot on campus with credentials as long as I was around if I was Keenum. Not until everyone from the editor to Bonner has been replaced.

We finally agree on something!

gtowndawg
10-12-2016, 05:25 PM

I concur.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 05:32 PM

You nailed it! There are several agendas working here and the cl is trying to screw us! So screw them!

WSOPdawg
10-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Agree 100%. The CL's need to scoop everybody else and "break" a story before any other newspaper was definitely not their MO. Underlying intentions were to arguably cause other reputable candidates to think "wtf" and "why do I want to get involved with an outfit like this if I'm being toyed with?" Regardless, Bonner's actions were highly unethical and lacked journalistic integrity, which has unfortunately has become the norm for media outlets across the nation.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-12-2016, 05:33 PM
#dicksoutforKeenum

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Agree 100%. The CL's need to scoop everybody else and "break" a story before any other newspaper was definitely not their MO. Underlying intentions were to arguably cause other reputable candidates to think "wtf" and "why do I want to get involved with an outfit like this if I'm being toyed with?" Regardless, Bonner's actions were highly unethical and lacked journalistic integrity, which has unfortunately has become the norm for media outlets across the nation.
I think that very well might be why. Now who wanted it done is another question. There are more than just one or two possibilities there.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 06:04 PM
I think that very well might be why. Now who wanted it done is another question. There are more than just one or two possibilities there.

This is the real question.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 06:10 PM

That what's making this extremely interesting is there are multiple possibilities and probably a combination of more than one.

msbulldog
10-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Professional journalists go by the rule of 2 confirmations before going to print or air, Bonner did neither from what I have seen. It would be too easy to call for a comment or confirmation. What Bonner did, chasing a unconfirmed source or rumor is called Yellow Journalism. The Clarion Ledger is backing the story, because they have no choice, they put it out there. Sam Hall has no choice but to take action against the reporter and the editor who allowed a false story to be printed.

Keenum should threaten the Cl with pulling credentials. It worked for Mississippi, they get softball treatment and it cost Riley Blevins his job.

This comment will be copied and pasted to an e-mail to Sam Hall, Editor and Chief of the Clarion Ledger.

civildawg
10-12-2016, 06:29 PM
But when cohen actually becomes AD and Bonner actually reported it right, what does that mean?

yjnkdawg
10-12-2016, 06:30 PM
And I thought the CL had to receive approval from OM people before they published an article on us? Oh!! wait...His sources told him?. I'm glad I dropped that piece of a crap newsrag several years ago.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 06:32 PM
But when cohen actually becomes AD and Bonner actually reported it right, what does that mean?

Probably that MSU never intended to do a real national search or someone is trying to force Cohen to be the AD.

msbulldog
10-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Probably that MSU never intended to do a real national search or someone is trying to force Cohen to be the AD.

C'mon man!

yjnkdawg
10-12-2016, 06:39 PM

If Dr. Keenum said they are doing a nationwide seach then that is what is happening.

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 06:41 PM

Like it's been already stated, even if Cohen is named AD it was false reporting. The university is still conducting a search. It doesn't matter if it is a legit search or if they are just going through the motions. They had not named him AD yet and CL reported falsely.

GTHOM
10-12-2016, 06:57 PM

Exactly. I agree we should still tell the CL to piss off but if we do indeed hire Cohen, we are going to look dumb AF

msbulldog
10-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Exactly. I agree we should still tell the CL to piss off but if we do indeed hire Cohen, we are going to look dumb AF

nope read prior post.

Professional journalists go by the rule of 2 confirmations before going to print or air, Bonner did neither from what I have seen. It would be too easy to call for a comment or confirmation. What Bonner did, chasing a unconfirmed source or rumor is called Yellow Journalism. The Clarion Ledger is backing the story, because they have no choice, they put it out there. Sam Hall has no choice but to take action against the reporter and the editor who allowed a false story to be printed.

Keenum should threaten the Cl with pulling credentials. It worked for Mississippi, they get softball treatment and it cost Riley Blevins his job.

LC Dawg
10-12-2016, 07:42 PM
I don't see how we are going to look dumb if we hire Cohen. Nobody said we aren't going to hire Cohen it was just said that the process isn't over. I'm sure some Bear fans and some media will claim we look dumb but the fact is that what Bonner reported is incorrect.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 08:06 PM
I don't see how we are going to look dumb if we hire Cohen. Nobody said we aren't going to hire Cohen it was just said that the process isn't over. I'm sure some Bear fans and some media will claim we look dumb but the fact is that what Bonner reported is incorrect.

You are correct but if Cohen is hired people are going to wonder if MSU did a legit search or not. Which is unfair and why Bonner should be blasted.

Coursesuper
10-12-2016, 08:09 PM
I am pretty sure that one of the things that he is most pissed about is the leak came from within our own Athletic Department.

LC Dawg
10-12-2016, 08:17 PM
You are correct but if Cohen is hired people are going to wonder if MSU did a legit search or not. Which is unfair and why Bonner should be blasted.
I 100% agree

BayouDawg
10-12-2016, 08:50 PM
I am pretty sure that one of the things that he is most pissed about is the leak came from within our own Athletic Department.

That damn Hevesy**

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 08:57 PM
That damn Hevesy**

Hahaha! I love it! Well one things for sure he got us to quit bitching about the football team for awhile lol!

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 09:01 PM
That damn Hevesy**

I have no clue if this is the case, but I wonder if the leak came from Stricklin. Allegedly he has been promoting Cohen. This could have been leaked by him and it would make sense why Bonner has been so adamant and why our President is so pissed off.

BayouDawg
10-12-2016, 09:03 PM
I have no clue if this is the case, but I wonder if the leak came from Stricklin. Allegedly he has been promoting Cohen. This could have been leaked by him and it would make sense why Bonner has been so adamant and why our President is so pissed off.

I wouldn't put it past the brown nosing snake.

Beaver
10-12-2016, 09:30 PM
This whole ordeal is fascinating... This kind of reporting happens all the time -- even in college athletics, but how often does the President of the University directly call out a single reporter? Usually, the President would just come out and say "contrary to reports, John Cohen has not been named MSU AD" or something like that. Maybe Keenum is trying to figure out who Bonner's sources are and hoping they come forward instead of letting Bonner fall on the sword...

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 09:35 PM
This whole ordeal is fascinating... This kind of reporting happens all the time -- even in college athletics, but how often does the President of the University directly call out a single reporter? Usually, the President would just come out and say "contrary to reports, John Cohen has not been named MSU AD" or something like that. Maybe Keenum is trying to figure out who Bonner's sources are and hoping they come forward instead of letting Bonner fall on the sword...

We probably won't know until November for sure. The same info that Bonner leaked today was leaked here yesterday. That's the interesting thing to me. I have several theories but we'll see how it plays out.

lastmajordog
10-12-2016, 09:45 PM
If these reporters are UNM graduates MSU needs to hammer this home to the national media to shine a light on the sub par journalism school at UNM. IF not then shine a national light on the corruption between UNM and the Jackson media.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 10:09 PM

Hadn't thought about that one, Todd. Wow I know we are just speculating but if he did that, SS better not ever come back to Starkville.

Westdawg
10-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Todd4state

Check your PM

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Hadn't thought about that one, Todd. Wow I know we are just speculating but if he did that, SS better not ever come back to Starkville.

And what the hell I'll share one of my theories.

We know per rumor that Stricklin is promoting Cohen.

We do know per statement that was released from Keenum that experience was one of the things that we are looking for in an AD. That is fact and in black in white.

Just two days ago you have David Murray and Paul Jones basically saying that it won't be Cohen (Murray) or that they didn't think it would be Cohen (Jones). Why would they think that? Maybe because they had heard that MSU was doing a National Search and or that again they saw that we were looking for someone with experience.

Cohen will be the AD gets leaked here yesterday basically and then today happens. Possibly from the same source or from someone who had heard the same source. So the question is why was it leaked? I don't think it was to make the Clarion-Ledger look bad unless DeviousDog is Bonner. I highly doubt that. I also saw the rumor leaked on another MSU message board by another poster that I do not believe was DeviousDog. My guess is based on Keenum's response it was most likely leaked by someone who wants Cohen as the AD- and who that was is anyone's guess to drive away potential interviewees- and leave Cohen as the best choice by default but my guess judging from Keenum's very strong reaction to this he most likely wants someone other than Cohen which would line up with MSU's initial statement about experience. I think Keenum is pissed off at the Clarion-Ledger, but I have a feeling he is probably pissed off at whomever leaked this and maybe Bonner is just caught in the crossfire. Regardless of what anyone thinks about Bonner and the Clarion-Ledger, I don't think he would just make this up.

I think this also goes back to Dan, Scott and Keenum with football. We know (per rumor of course) that Keenum was not happy with Dan at the end of the year and we do know (fact) that Dan was not renewed last year and per rumor Stricklin was the guy that was the buffer between Dan and Keenum. Cohen and Dan were at least friends at one time. I know Cohen was on the sidelines very often early on in Dan's tenure although I have not seen him there lately which of course may or may not mean anything. But after the way this football season started plus the rumors about Keenum telling Scott "We'll keep Dan but if this doesn't work out it's on you" is what has caused this domino effect that we are on. I think after we lost to South Alabama that Scott may have feared for his job and even though we're "home" for him he bolted because maybe he felt like Keenum was going to axe both Dan and him at the end of the year. It was just after that game that the Scott to Florida rumors started to pop up even though that initially contacted him months before and that was kept pretty quiet. So now maybe Scott is trying to protect everyone by leaking this so that Cohen is the choice by default and being inexperienced Cohen would almost HAVE to keep all of the other athletic staff members that do marketing and etc. It also might protect Dan if we have an athletic dept. in transition- notice that Keenum wants to get this AD search done by November after Florida spent six months searching probably so that we'll have someone in place by December in case we have to make another major decision in another major sport. I think Scott is trying to fall on the sword for everyone right now possibly. And if that means going to Florida and getting paid more that's not so bad is it?

Alright. I'm going to go take off my tinfoil hat and take a shower.

Homedawg
10-12-2016, 11:13 PM
We need someone that isn't tied to Starkville.

And you are being short sighted with the baseball coach hire. What about Coggin and Henderson? We may have to get new assistant or we're going to hire a coach that is going to be coming in with assistants he didn't hire and is going to have to work with. The rumor is we're going to hire an assistant coach with for baseball with no head coaching experience although I will admit he is a good hitting coach. But my point is that's a major hire for us among two or three major hires that our athletic department is staring down the barrel at. How many football coaches are former Cohen assistants? How can Cohen lead when he has no experience in marketing and all of the other myriad of duties an AD has to do? You know what will happen there- the "people that know what they are doing" will take care of it right? How is he going to handle Ole Miss turning us in to the NCAA in retaliation in a couple of years?

This is VERY critical time for us and we need someone with experience. NOT the good ol boy network. But **** it. We never learn.

Todd, don't bitch just to bitch. Nothing is final and you don't know who the replacement is, if Cohen gets it and you are on a tangent. Relax.

Homedawg
10-12-2016, 11:17 PM

Nobody within the athletic Dept is making the decision it's Keenum and his right hand man...they have a small advisory council but that group is a figure head group. Now the leak had to come from somewhere. Unless bonnet is a complete dipshit.