PDA

View Full Version : The Liar is spreading Lies again.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2016, 11:17 AM

We do not link to the CL. - Scooba

TNDawg35
10-12-2016, 11:20 AM
I just saw that also on book face...

louisvilledawg
10-12-2016, 11:30 AM
I hope he doesn't just hand over the job to Gary Henderson

msstate7
10-12-2016, 11:31 AM
State just lost half its fans on this board**

Congrats, Cohen

msstate7
10-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Didn't someone say yesterday that David Murray said on H2H that Cohen wasn't a serious candidate? Nice call, David

Hrdawg82
10-12-2016, 11:36 AM
you know that Cohen has his replacement already in mind for a while now. I doubt it will be Henderson. I bet this hire will be a big splash. Im worried about the football side because AD need to have alot of connections and I dont know what connections he would have on the football side of athletics.

Pinto
10-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Amazing the CL can find this out so quick but can uncover nothing in oxford.

LanceHarbor
10-12-2016, 11:40 AM
..../

I don't get it.

Lumpy Chucklelips
My question is who is the idiot in Starkville that would give the C-L the scoop on anything related to our athletic dept? Why do we owe them any favors?

DawgFromOxford
Cohen and Mullen are pretty good friends so this ought to be interesting on how it plays out as the season goes on.

GTHOM
10-12-2016, 11:42 AM
We'd better be getting the coach from coastal carolina or something. If not this makes 0 sense

starkvegasdawg
10-12-2016, 11:44 AM
24/7 reporting the same thing.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
Bonner is a bonafide dumbass. Reports via Sid Salter are it is inaccurate about Cohen to AD. Bonner's twitter might be entertaining for the next few hours. Get your popcorn

MarketingBully
As long as said fans leave the board and stop posting I'm all for those fans leaving. These MSU boards have become unreadable with asshole chicken littles and their "opinions."

msstate7
Cohen and Mullen are pretty good friends so this ought to be interesting on how it plays out as the season goes on.

Cohen went from a regional team (similar to 9-4) in '14 to last place in the sec in '15. Cohen has been in mullen's shoes.

MarketingBully
10-12-2016, 11:45 AM
We'd better be getting the coach from coastal carolina or something. If not this makes 0 sense

Just shut up please.

civildawg
10-12-2016, 11:46 AM
I absolutely hate this hire if true. Only time will tell in the next few years but on paper, it's a terrible hire.

GTHOM
10-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Mike Bonner was wrong again. Multiple folks on twitter saying Cohen hasnt been hired, hasnt even been interviewed yet. Wow. Why dont we take their credentials

civildawg
10-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Paul Jones reported it also, which makes me wonder what the heck is going on.

coastdoglover
10-12-2016, 11:50 AM
I am afraid you are wrong. It is clear Cohen has been politicking for the job.

maroonmania
10-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Well whatever money we spent to hire the national search firm was money down the toilet.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2016, 11:52 AM
As long as said fans leave the board and stop posting I'm all for those fans leaving. These MSU boards have become unreadable with asshole chicken littles and their "opinions."

This one must not be so bad...

I seen it dawg
10-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Way to go Bonnet....nice ****ing work. It's bogus info.

ElitedawgRecruiting
10-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Bet Bonner feels like a Giants fan in the 9th inning

GTHOM
10-12-2016, 11:54 AM
I am afraid you are wrong. It is clear Cohen has been politicking for the job.

Thats not what Sid Salter said

MarketingBully
10-12-2016, 11:54 AM
It's going to be Cohen. I am not sure why they denied it. He has been interviewed so the person saying he hasn't been interviewed for it is lieing.

ScoobaDawg
10-12-2016, 11:55 AM

You are free to leave at any time if you don't like others opinions...

ScoobaDawg
10-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Way to go Bonnet....nice ****ing work. It's bogus info.

Please be.... I think we can do better. And i would love the egg on the CL's face.

GTHOM
Now even Mullen has said its not true.

I seen it dawg
Nice work Bonnet.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Sid Salter confirms.....it bogus info. The UM media trolling us again.

ScottH
10-12-2016, 12:00 PM
It is clear Cohen has been politicking for the job.

This is true.

Beginning the week between the Stricklin rumor and announcement, both Stricklin and Cohen have been working/loobying/scheming to get Cohen the MSU job.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2016, 12:01 PM
And some on the board run with like chad Kelly jumping high school kids at a football game.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Germans bomb Pearl Harbor

MarketingBully
10-12-2016, 12:03 PM
You are free to leave at any time if you don't like others opinions...

Yeah you would like that wouldn't you. Trust me there are many many more annoying people on here that are much worse poster's then I am. I really don't know what your problem is with me but you always seem to single me out for any possible thing I say. Let's clear the air here. PM me and let's talk this through.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2016, 12:04 PM
I think you guys are being silly if you think Bonner doesn't have this confirmed. I'll bet Cohen is the next AD

Irondawg
i've seen a lot of peole say that if we hire Cohen we flushed down the toilet the national search money and that's just no true. Worst case you learn a few things:

1) How your job and thus your athletic department if viewed nationally (always good info to know)

2) You get to interview some folks and thus establish baseline that someone like Cohen would have to measure up against. You "should" be able to tell very quickly if someone is out of their league or not by comparing answers.

GTHOM
Just shut up please.

Awwwww

I seen it dawg
10-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Yeah you would like that wouldn't you. Trust me there are many many more annoying people on here that are much worse poster's then I am. I really don't know what your problem is with me but you always seem to single me out for any possible thing I say. Let's clear the air here. PM me and let's talk this through.

It's because you post shit like earlier in this thread. Be accountable for the shit you post. It's not scoobas fault. Take ownership

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Just got a text from one of our top recruits dad. He just talked to Cohen and this is a quote from Cohen "it's BS, I haven't even interviewed, some local guy started this and it's just not true".

EngDawg
10-12-2016, 12:10 PM
I'm going to speculate that we have some more interviews scheduled, but have already decided on Cohen. That's the only reason I can think of that would lead to Bonner reporting it as done, but The University denying it.

Corn Bread
I don't get it.

I am confused. I thought a national search firm was hired to locate someone in the building.

ScoobaDawg
24/7 reporting the same thing.

Paul is only quoting the CL story.

EngDawg
10-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Germans bomb Pearl Harbor
Germans?

bhamdawgfan
10-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Paul Jones reported it also, which makes me wonder what the heck is going on.

No, Paul cited a report by the Clarion Ledger as his source. It all points back to Bonner.

ScoobaDawg
10-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Germans?

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/small/14/84/1039117678-102-Animal-House-quotes.gif

EngDawg
10-12-2016, 12:15 PM
http://cdn.quotesgram.com/small/14/84/1039117678-102-Animal-House-quotes.gif

Forget it he's on a roll

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Hearing this may be a push to force a descision about Cohen. All it may end up doing is making us look like amateurs. May be some thinking you have hire Cohen now to clean up a mess. It may backfire though. Really strange conflicting info coming from different sides. Just speculation on my part, may be we are seeing something of a power play. Or an idiot who doesn't know to keep their mouth shut.

maroonmania
10-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Why is it that the CL can be so out in front of this story and possibly even be wrong but can't report anything on the UNM NCAA issues. I wish the whole MS media would just die a quick death.

preachermatt83
10-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Cl trying to hurt recruiting. It's all part of the #Network

Dawg61
10-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Bet Bonner feels like a Giants fan in the 9th inning

3 rings

ElitedawgRecruiting
10-12-2016, 12:39 PM
3 rings
On their hands at home

msbulldog
10-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Boy, I sure don't know what to believe. But, I know I trust Sid Salter more than Mike Bonner. Guess we'll have to wait for the official, but any way Hail State.

Political Hack
10-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Hire has not been finalized. Cohen is a consideration. My understanding is that more official interviews are schedule to take place, including Cohen himself. How the hell the CL reported a candidate has the gig before he interviews is beyond me.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Hire has not been finalized. Cohen is a consideration. My understanding is that more official interviews are schedule to take place, including Cohen himself. How the hell the CL reported a candidate has the gig before he interviews is beyond me.

Because someone is trying to stir something up with our baseball recruits. There were some pissed off recruits this morning because they thought Cohen had lied to them but when Cohen told them it was bs things calmed. Somebody is at play with the cl again trying to hurt us. I hate that rag and it can't go out of business soon enough.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-12-2016, 01:12 PM
So does Bonner let the egg stay on his face or does he wipe it off and out the person who put it on there?

Dawg61
10-12-2016, 01:26 PM
On their hands at home

Homedawg
10-12-2016, 01:26 PM
So does Bonner let the egg stay on his face or does he wipe it off and out the person who put it on there?
No. He's going to hold tight. There's a chance that he was "right". Why backtrack now??

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Because someone is trying to stir something up with our baseball recruits. There were some pissed off recruits this morning because they thought Cohen had lied to them but when Cohen told them it was bs things calmed. Somebody is at play with the cl again trying to hurt us. I hate that rag and it can't go out of business soon enough.

My guess is this is it.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 01:34 PM
My guess is this is it.

Of course anything could happen and Cohen MIGHT wind up our ad but at this point he hasn't even been interviewed. Something is at play here and the cl behind it again and of course we all know who owns the cl.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Hearing this may be a push to force a descision about Cohen. All it may end up doing is making us look like amateurs. May be some thinking you have hire Cohen now to clean up a mess. It may backfire though. Really strange conflicting info coming from different sides. Just speculation on my part, may be we are seeing something of a power play. Or an idiot who doesn't know to keep their mouth shut.

We have the same theory. I think the current MSU athletic people want Cohen. My guess and I may be wrong is Keenum wants someone with AD experience.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 01:41 PM

We have a couple of top 10 classes llnes up the next two years conservatively speaking. We're in position to be a force the next five years at least which is the foreseeable future.

I think the Clarion Ledger is trying to make us look bad as an athletic program though.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 01:47 PM
We have a couple of top 10 classes llnes up the next two years conservatively speaking. We're in position to be a force the next five years at least which is the foreseeable future.

I think the Clarion Ledger is trying to make us look bad as an athletic program though.

I agree Todd. I believe they know it's gonna get bad for unm real soon and they're trying to drag us down with them by however means necessary.

scottycameron
10-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Wasn't supposed to come out until Monday. We can screw up a wet dream.

scottycameron
10-12-2016, 01:51 PM
I agree Todd. I believe they know it's gonna get bad for unm real soon and they're trying to drag us down with them by however means necessary.

We don't need them to do it, Mullen is taking care of that just fine on his own. We can't help but follow them down. I never will understand it. I guess we'd hate to load up on all of the instate recruits. Unreal.

ScottH
10-12-2016, 01:52 PM
I think the current MSU athletic people want Cohen.

The good ole boy network of the Ath Dept is at risk with a new AD.

In about 3 or 4 offices it mirrors Mullen's country club.

Of course they want a promotion from within. Then status quo remains.

We lost at least two really good staffers in the last year or so because of it.

It's the MSU way.

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 01:55 PM

It's the MSU way.

And the REAL reason why we never reach our potential as an athletic program.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 01:56 PM
We don't need them to do it, Mullen is taking care of that just fine on his own. We can't help but follow them down. I never will understand it. I guess we'd hate to load up on all of the instate recruits. Unreal.

Amen.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 02:00 PM

It's the MSU way.

My grsndfather was a pretty big booster back in the 60's and 70's and he always said this was the way things were done in the athletic dept and I never really believed him but in my 51 years I've gotta say from what I've seen that he was right.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2016, 02:10 PM
It's going to be Cohen. I am not sure why they denied it. He has been interviewed so the person saying he hasn't been interviewed for it is lieing.

Doh

http://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2016/10/keenum-sets-record-straight-msu%E2%80%99s-athletics-director-search/

Coursesuper
10-12-2016, 02:32 PM

It's the MSU way.

It's called "The Nemo effect".

MarketingBully
10-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Doh

http://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2016/10/keenum-sets-record-straight-msu%E2%80%99s-athletics-director-search/

Not a "doh." It's going to be Cohen anyway but I do think it was unethical of Bonner to go with the story without checking with State first to confirm. Do you guys honestly think Bonner went with the story with no source whatsoever?

Coastdog28
10-12-2016, 02:42 PM

It's the MSU way.

Between the new SEC money and donors, throw $2M/yr at Byrne, give a big middle finger to Stricklin, and clean house.

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Not a "doh." It's going to be Cohen anyway but I do think it was unethical of Bonner to go with the story without checking with State first to confirm. Do you guys honestly think Bonner went with the story with no source whatsoever?

So he should have checked with us first before running the story. Agreed. So his source was not connected enough to run the story, wouldn't you agree. Now with Keenum's statement you have to believe that this whole thing was some sort of set up for somebody's agenda. To force us to hire Cohen by having the other candidates withdraw, painting us in a corner or just bad information. Cohen may end up being the hire, but it makes it a cluster and it may also cause use to remove Cohen from consideration as well.

MarketingBully
10-12-2016, 02:56 PM
So he should have checked with us first before running the story. Agreed. So his source was not connected enough to run the story, wouldn't you agree. Now with Keenum's statement you have to believe that this whole thing was some sort of set up for somebody's agenda. To force us to hire Cohen by having the other candidates withdraw, painting us in a corner or just bad information. Cohen may end up being the hire, but it makes it a cluster and it may also cause use to remove Cohen from consideration as well.

Oh yeah, I agree and I also don't understand why he is trying to scoop our AD hire. It's not like it's that big a news story except to MSU fans.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Oh yeah, I agree and I also don't understand why he is trying to scoop our AD hire. It's not like it's that big a news story except to MSU fans.

I believe there may be more than one agenda in play here.

DownwardDawg
10-12-2016, 03:21 PM

It's the MSU way.

Cohen would be the farthest thing from what they want then if they just want to be comfortable.

DownwardDawg
10-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Between the new SEC money and donors, throw $2M/yr at Byrne, give a big middle finger to Stricklin, and clean house.

This is my favorite idea.

preachermatt83
10-12-2016, 03:37 PM
This is my favorite idea.

Byrne would come back for half that.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2016, 03:50 PM

Oh I am sure he has a source. A lot of guys who think they are big timers have "sources" in and around the athletic department but they are too self serving to be any good.....

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 04:24 PM
I believe there may be more than one agenda in play here.

One agenda that is at play here and why I think Keenum may have been so upset is that by hiring Cohen it makes it look like the rest of the search was a sham. MSU wants us to believe that they are looking for the best possible candidate and by saying "well, we hired a search firm and they recommended Cohen" and I think after today that's not the case.

It's sad. It wreaks. I hope it works out but odds are it's not really the best thing for us if we're being honest with ourselves. I'm not sure why MSU doesn't handle it the way I suggested but it is what it is and why we are where we are and why our history is what it is. Making bad hires.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 05:02 PM
One agenda that is at play here and why I think Keenum may have been so upset is that by hiring Cohen it makes it look like the rest of the search was a sham. MSU wants us to believe that they are looking for the best possible candidate and by saying "well, we hired a search firm and they recommended Cohen" and I think after today that's not the case.

It's sad. It wreaks. I hope it works out but odds are it's not really the best thing for us if we're being honest with ourselves. I'm not sure why MSU doesn't handle it the way I suggested but it is what it is and why we are where we are and why our history is what it is. Making bad hires.

Yeah I think Really Clark? Mentioned a power play at work, there's unm and cl wanting our whole athletic department looking bad, national signing day is next month(chance to screwup our class), and also fact unm has gotten some heat and embarrassment for some of our baseball commits who have had long ties with Bianco. There's several things at play here and a chance for the cl to screw us.

msujan
10-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Because someone is trying to stir something up with our baseball recruits. There were some pissed off recruits this morning because they thought Cohen had lied to them but when Cohen told them it was bs things calmed. Somebody is at play with the cl again trying to hurt us. I hate that rag and it can't go out of business soon enough.. It was reported today by Northern Miss baseball that they have the #1 baseball recruiting class. You may be on to something, Commerce.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2016, 07:12 PM
. It was reported today by Northern Miss baseball that they have the #1 baseball recruiting class. You may be on to something, Commerce.

I believe it's part of for sure. I know Bianco has taken some heat and been embarrassed by some of the kids he's let get away, kids that he's had ties with since they were very young. For lack of a better analogy he's lost multiple AJ Browns. There are some other things at work as well and none of them involve the cl making us look good.

msbulldog
10-12-2016, 07:23 PM
I believe it's part of for sure. I know Bianco has taken some heat and been embarrassed by some of the kids he's let get away, kids that he's had ties with since they were very young. For lack of a better analogy he's lost multiple AJ Browns. There are some other things at work as well and none of them involve the cl making us look good.

Damn, have ya'll figured out the JFK thing out yet??

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Damn, have ya'll figured out the JFK thing out yet??

Per Sid Salter Bonner has. I thought that was pretty funny on his part.

gravedigger
10-12-2016, 08:19 PM
No. He's going to hold tight. There's a chance that he was "right". Why backtrack now??

Homie, he wont be "right" even if Cohen gets it. Bonner isnt being called out because of naming Cohen. He's being called out for saying the process is concluded before it began. Whether John gets the job or not, it just isnt like Keenum to make a rash decision like this would have proven if true TODAY.

Hell, I wouldnt be surprised if this is Keenums office trolling the CL to make them look bad.

Csdog
10-12-2016, 08:46 PM
I agree with you. Cohen is going to be the AD,and somebody on this board has already identified who we will offer the baseball job to. It's a done deal. Bonner is a prick,but somebody at MSU who is feeding him info is a lot worse. This will be embarrassing in the end