PDA

View Full Version : Mike the Tiger has died

ScoobaDawg
10-11-2016, 07:35 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17771750/lsu-tigers-mascot-mike-vi-dies-cancer-battle

"Mike VI was euthanized in its "night house" on the Baton Rouge campus by Dr. David Baker of the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine, the school said in a statement. The tiger had been moved into hospice Monday after his handlers said the tiger's health had declined to the point that he couldn't be outside anymore."

msstate7
10-11-2016, 07:38 PM
RIP mike

It'll be interesting if lsu can get another tiger

Harrydawg
10-11-2016, 08:03 PM
By the time UM goes to LSUnext week, Coach O will have those players 100% convinced Mike's death is Freeze's doing.....

No love loss, that one will be fun to watch.

RIP.....dead cat

confucius say
10-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Why does that quote call him "it" instead of he?

He really was a pretty animal. Rip

msstate7
10-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Why does that quote call him "it" instead of he?

He really was a pretty animal. Rip

Gender pronouns are frowned upon now... maybe a progressive wrote the statement. Unfortunately, I'm not joking

anubus
10-11-2016, 08:11 PM
By the time UM goes to LSUnext week, Coach O will have those players 100% convinced Mike's death is Freeze's doing.....

No love loss, that one will be fun to watch.

RIP.....dead cat

sorry about the loss when I went to see Dawgs vs Tigers it was cool to see the tiger (in cage) pulled around the field via Toyota and tiger fans running up to you yelling "tiger bait" I hope coach O's Tigers whup the bogus reverand's minions big time

TUSK
10-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Gender pronouns are frowned upon now... maybe a progressive wrote the statement. Unfortunately, I'm not joking

oh, Snap!

zie
ey
ve

GTHOM
10-11-2016, 11:30 PM
RIP Mike

RougeDawg
10-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Had tears well up earlier when I heard. One of the most beautiful animals on earth. When I first moved to BR after college he was just a young lad and I'd sometimes stop by after work just to watch him. During the hot summer days he'd routinely be in the pool area with one of many toys/balls playing like you'd see a house cat playing. There is/was a grace about him that you rarely see in a zoo tiger. Maybe it was because of the daily human interaction from his handlers but you could tell something different about him. No "zoo" tiger walks/acts that way and I think it was result of the affection he received from his handlers.

Be it a rival as it is, I feel we should all keep our traditions, especially one as special as this. There will be groups wanting LSU to stop housing a tiger on campus but any person with half a brain can see the LSU habitat and know it's better than 99% of the zoo tiger habitats on earth. Plus you have a dedicated staff for one animal. They need another tiger.

msbulldog
10-12-2016, 06:47 AM
Had tears well up earlier when I heard. One of the most beautiful animals on earth. When I first moved to BR after college he was just a young lad and I'd sometimes stop by after work just to watch him. During the hot summer days he'd routinely be in the pool area with one of many toys/balls playing like you'd see a house cat playing. There is/was a grace about him that you rarely see in a zoo tiger. Maybe it was because of the daily human interaction from his handlers but you could tell something different about him. No "zoo" tiger walks/acts that way and I think it was result of the affection he received from his handlers.

Be it a rival as it is, I feel we should all keep our traditions, especially one as special as this. There will be groups wanting LSU to stop housing a tiger on campus but any person with half a brain can see the LSU habitat and know it's better than 99% of the zoo tiger habitats on earth. Plus you have a dedicated staff for one animal. They need another tiger.

Great post Rouge.

TheRef
10-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Just so y'all know. The LSU Vet School is already in the process of finding Mike VII. Here is to a quick and efficient search for LSU. Go Tigahs

Mjoelner34
10-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Just so y'all know. The LSU Vet School is already in the process of finding Mike VII. Here is to a quick and efficient search for LSU. Go Tigahs

Great news! I too am glad they are getting another one.