PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to a football game at ULL??

BulldogBear
10-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Me and a co-worker will be passing through Wednesday night when they play Appy State. I bought some cheap tickets on stubhub but I've read that parking can be a nightmire. Where they allow the public to park is fluid and chaotic, even changing form place to place on gameday. We will probably arrive in town no more than an hour before kickoff. Anyone have any tips?

Bubb Rubb
10-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Make sure your seats aren't obstructed by a light pole.

BulldogBear
10-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Make sure your seats aren't obstructed by a light pole.
Eh, we figure it's a midweek game...we'll just move!

Dash Riprock
10-11-2016, 04:35 PM
Yes. Best food in the NCAA (or at lease it was years ago) and great people. Ended up at a my one and only cock fight. Embarrassed to say that I had one of the best times ive ever had...and won money.

fishwater99
10-11-2016, 04:47 PM
Eat at the Blue Dog Cafe.

http://bluedogcafe.com/

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Prejean's (just north of I-10) is top notch as well. I suggest just getting all appetizer's so you can get a little of everything.

oildawg
10-11-2016, 07:35 PM
I used to live there a few years ago and went to several games. Parking isn't an issue unless it's a huge game (which I wouldn't think a Wednesday night game would be). Pretty nice experience- kind of what you'd expect for a Sun Belt school like ULL.

Maroonthirteen
10-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Daggum Bear. What a traffic nightmare you will be in after this game.

LC Dawg
10-12-2016, 09:26 PM
I haven't been to a ULL game but I went to a Southwestern Louisiana game about 25 years ago with some juco buddies from New Iberia. We had a blast. If you can't have a good time around that many Cajuns you aren't trying.

Westdawg
10-12-2016, 10:36 PM
That city is amazing. Lots of fun things to do. Cool ppl. And lots of great food. I actually spent a week there for vacation. My wife has friends there and we decided to go hang out with them all week.
I could not get enough of the food down there.
If I had to choose another place to live, it is in my top 2. The flood there sure wrecked some stuff though.
Be freely and you will end up having a blast. And yes, they will flat drink a navy drunkard under the table, so be careful lol