PDA

View Full Version : Fred Ross

ZedFedder
10-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Someone posted on 247 about it but it seems that he is a main reason as to why chemistry is so off. He doesn't like Fitz and it shows very much in his play. He pouted like a baby Saturday.

confucius say
10-11-2016, 09:51 AM
Well they have their own lil handshake they do at the end of every win that nobody else does. So there's that. Fred is the "safety" in victory formation and after the last kneel down in both wins he and fitz have done the "handshake"

BeastMan
10-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Fitz is incredibly innaccurate and doesn't understand the rythym of a CFB passing game. I talked to a college WR who played in spread and a spread coach the last few days to get a better idea of what the problem is. I'm going to post that later. As far as Ross goes, if Fitz was feeding him the ball and helping him make plays, any alleged personal issues would go out the window. The problem is that Ross is a playmaker and Fitz can't get him the ball to make plays.

msstate7
10-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Fitz is incredibly innaccurate and doesn't understand the rythym of a CFB passing game. I talked to a college WR who played in spread and a spread coach the last few days to get a better idea of what the problem is. I'm going to post that later. As far as Ross goes, if Fitz was feeding him the ball and helping him make plays, any alleged personal issues would go out the window. The problem is that Ross is a playmaker and Fitz can't get him the ball to make plays.

So all of ross' poor play is a result of fitz? That damn fitz is so bad he caused Ross to muff 2 punts Saturday too. Fitz certainly deserves criticism, but to take the stand that fitz is the only reason Ross is struggling is nuts. Both are struggling and both deserve criticism

yjnkdawg
10-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Someone posted on 247 about it but it seems that he is a main reason as to why chemistry is so off. He doesn't like Fitz and it shows very much in his play. He pouted like a baby Saturday.

Fred Ross wants to win. He didn't deliberately drop those passes, or muff those punts. Fitz, supposedly doesn't throw the easiest catchable ball, as some quarterbacks do, but I'm pretty sure Ross would say he should have caught those balls.

CJDAWG85
10-11-2016, 10:01 AM
None of our WR's get open. None. They come out of their breaks like they are holding the DB's hand. Not only that, but they are clueless when it comes to blocking. Our team as a whole doesn't seem to know how to block.

shoeless joe
10-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately Ross is doing what a lot of young athletes do nowadays. When things get tough he pouts like a bitch...truth hurts. I see it daily. It is easier to point fingers and allow it to affect your play versus nutting up and going even harder. Almost like the players wants to act like they no longer care so the pain of losing is lessened. Once the pain of losing is gone then you accept it and forget how to win.

Jack Lambert
10-11-2016, 10:12 AM
No worries we will have over 300 yards rushing this week. Someone on this board needs to be positive.

starkvegasdawg
10-11-2016, 10:21 AM
No worries we will have over 300 yards rushing this week. Someone on this board needs to be positive.

You think Holloway can get that running up the middle?

Jack Lambert
10-11-2016, 10:24 AM

No but he will around the edge and Fitz is going to run all over my fellow Mormons. I suspect Shump and Williams will each have 40 yards.

louisvilledawg
10-11-2016, 10:52 AM
No but he will around the edge and Fitz is going to run all over my fellow Mormons. I suspect Shump and Williams will each have 40 yards.

lamont
10-11-2016, 10:57 AM
People that know say that Damien is actually the cancerous attitude we have on offense- not Fitz

Now all WR's pout when they don't get the ball. Those guys need to quit dropping passes and things would be a lot better. Nobody is dropping passes on purpose because they like another QB. All that does is make them look bad- not the QB

maroonmania
10-11-2016, 11:03 AM
People that know say that Damien is actually the cancerous attitude we have on offense- not Fitz

Now all WR's pout when they don't get the ball. Those guys need to quit dropping passes and things would be a lot better. Nobody is dropping passes on purpose because they like another QB. All that does is make them look bad- not the QB

For now, we need to stop worrying about passing so much. First, we can't pass protect anyway and when we do our WRs drop the ball half the time. We need to focus on being a run/option team with Fitz as QB. Maybe not quite to the Georgia Tech level but pretty darn close. That's our best chance for success at the moment.

Homedawg
10-11-2016, 11:06 AM
I don't know if Ross likes or hates fitz or vice versa. What I do know is Ross hasn't played well so far and fitz hasn't been very accurate either. With that said, we can't block, gray and Myles have dropped their fair share too, our backs haven't played well, and our defensive line(which was supposed to be a strength of the teAm) got blown off the ball Saturday. I could keep going but no point. We have a million problems and the least of which is whether our wr and Qb hang out or like one another.

Taog Redloh
10-11-2016, 11:10 AM

Goes hand in hand with his little twitter escapade earlier in the year. This upperclass just sucks overall. Crootin misses in 2012 and 2013 are very apparent now.

lamont
10-11-2016, 11:14 AM
I don't know if Ross likes or hates fitz or vice versa. What I do know is Ross hasn't played well so far and fitz hasn't been very accurate either. With that said, we can't block, gray and Myles have dropped their fair share too, our backs haven't played well, and our defensive line(which was supposed to be a strength of the teAm) got blown off the ball Saturday. I could keep going but no point. We have a million problems and the least of which is whether our wr and Qb hang out or like one another.

Absolutely

MaroonFlounder
10-11-2016, 11:36 AM
I wish we could bring Fred back into the slot full time. THat is where he excels. Jamal Couch is the future on the outside, but he's not there yet.

ILOATHEBears
10-11-2016, 11:43 AM

That was the most priceless part of watching the sh*tshow on Saturday was the tv announcers saying surely they aren't going to try running holloway up the middle again!!!

HereComesTheSpiral
10-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Goes hand in hand with his little twitter escapade earlier in the year. This upperclass just sucks overall. Crootin misses in 2012 and 2013 are very apparent now.

What was said on Twitter?

msbulldog
10-11-2016, 12:55 PM
This whole team has a whole lot of quit.

GTHOM
10-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Attitude reflects leadership. Starts at the top

JoseBrown
10-11-2016, 01:18 PM
So all of ross' poor play is a result of fitz? That damn fitz is so bad he caused Ross to muff 2 punts Saturday too. Fitz certainly deserves criticism, but to take the stand that fitz is the only reason Ross is struggling is nuts. Both are struggling and both deserve criticism

That's true. And there's also that Fitz played one year as high school QB, and threw for 43%. He's been being taught by Mullen n Johnson for over two years now. If they thought he was good enough to get the job done I trusted that. While I'm sure game experience is vital in the learning curve, he missed out growing up not learning the position. Evidently coaches think he'll pick it up as we lose on the field, idk, but what you said is absolutely correct. Fitz is not causing all of Ross' poor play this year or causing anyone else to play poorly.

So I question why we weren't more prepared for QB following Dak.

Dawgology
10-11-2016, 01:54 PM
That's true. And there's also that Fitz played one year as high school QB, and threw for 43%. He's been being taught by Mullen n Johnson for over two years now. If they thought he was good enough to get the job done I trusted that. While I'm sure game experience is vital in the learning curve, he missed out growing up not learning the position. Evidently coaches think he'll pick it up as we lose on the field, idk, but what you said is absolutely correct. Fitz is not causing all of Ross' poor play this year or causing anyone else to play poorly.

So I question why we weren't more prepared for QB following Dak.

Because Mullen intended to ride out of town with Prescott.

Gutter Cobreh
10-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Because Mullen intended to ride out of town with Prescott.

Rep given