PDA

View Full Version : Snitker

BrunswickDawg
10-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Snit named full time manager. Ron Washington hired as 3B coach and fielding coach. Chuck Hernandez named pitching coach. TP, Eddie, Seitzer, all retained. Love Snit getting the job and the Washington hire. Anyone know anything about Hernandez?

Really Clark?
10-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Snit named full time manager. Ron Washington hired as 3B coach and fielding coach. Chuck Hernandez named pitching coach. TP, Eddie, Seitzer, all retained. Love Snit getting the job and the Washington hire. Anyone know anything about Hernandez?

Hernandez is pitching coach with our minor leagues and former Angels, Rays and Tigers pitching coach

shoeless joe
10-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Love it...retaining snit and Hiring Washington.

Don't know much about Hernandez but firing McDowell is the dumbest move the braves have made since this rebuild process began.

msstate7
10-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Don't know much about Hernandez but firing McDowell is the dumbest move the braves have made since this rebuild process began.

Maybe, maybe not... I expected our young starters to make much more of a jump than happened this year

BrunswickDawg
10-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Love it...retaining snit and Hiring Washington.

With Hernandez having been in our minor org, he knows the pitchers in and out and won't have to learn as much. They will also trust him because they know him. This is just like Leo moving up with the "young guns" in 1990 when Bobby took over. I like it.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Well deserved by Snit, he earned it! Hernandez was Marlins pitching coach 2013-2015 and helped develop their young arms including Fernandez. Also lowest era in Marlins history during his tenure. He's put together a great staff.

shoeless joe
10-11-2016, 10:55 AM
With Hernandez having been in our minor org, he knows the pitchers in and out and won't have to learn as much. They will also trust him because they know him. This is just like Leo moving up with the "young guns" in 1990 when Bobby took over. I like it.

Agree with all of this and I'm not downing Hernandez, but when multiple veterans call McDowell the "best in the game" I hate to see him run outta town.

BrunswickDawg
10-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Agree with all of this and I'm not downing Hernandez, but when multiple veterans call McDowell the "best in the game" I hate to see him run outta town.
I get that. I liked McDowell, but seeing what Coppy decided to do makes sense.

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Happy for Snit...career-Brave finally gets rewarded. Did the Wash hire come out-of-leftfield? (pun intended)

JoseBrown
10-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Sounds good to me, I like those moves. Hernandez sounds real familiar from many moons ago within Angels org. Don't happen to remember when he was there do you?

msstate7
10-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Happy for Snit...career-Brave finally gets rewarded. Did the Wash hire come out-of-leftfield? (pun intended)

Interviewed for manager

War Machine Dawg
10-11-2016, 07:34 PM
I hate this hire. Direct quote from Hart: "We feel he deserves this opportunity." That's a hell of an endorsement.****

They should have just said "We didn't feel like doing a real search." That would've been the actual truth. And so the Braves will continue their inbreeding which has worked so well for us the last 5 or so years.*******

msstate7
10-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Snitker took over a team that was 9-28 (.243). Snitker went 59-65 (.476). That's a pretty impressive jump

War Machine Dawg
10-11-2016, 07:50 PM
Snitker took over a team that was 9-28 (.243). Snitker went 59-65 (.476). That's a pretty impressive jump

Here is the list of damns I give:

BoomBoom
10-11-2016, 08:19 PM

very divided opinions on that. many officials are convinced he is the reason the Braves have led the game in TJ surgeries, and he's notably better with vets and sinkerball pitchers.......which the Braves won't have much of going forward.