PDA

View Full Version : Was Sexton hired to find a new job or get a new contract?

fishwater99
10-11-2016, 08:48 AM
I guess time will tell.
If anyone can find Mullen a new gig it's Sexton.
He was the one who got Auburn to hire Chizik who had a losing record at Iowa State.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-11-2016, 08:54 AM
I guess time will tell.
If anyone can find Mullen a new gig it's Sexton.
He was the one who got Auburn to hire Chizik who had a losing record at Iowa State.

You have to think he was hired to get Mullen a new gig. The reason he didn't get an extension after last year was because his former agent failed to get him another gig.

yjnkdawg
10-11-2016, 09:01 AM
I would say to find a new job. I think a new contract is a mute point at this time, with all the drama, that has transpired on and off the field. I think Sexton is considered as the Dean of Sports' Agents and represents a bunch of high profile coaches in the college ranks and NFL coaches and players as well. If Sexton can't find him an applicable job, then good luck, because he is pretty much out of luck on job hunting.

msbulldog
10-11-2016, 12:46 PM
After this season Sexton is going to have a tough time finding him a new job.

Dawg61
10-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Mullen to Oregon

Coursesuper
10-11-2016, 01:03 PM
A job, watch the Baylor job closely.

RC3
10-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Lol. He isn't going to get an extension or raise here that's for sure. At least he better not

gtowndawg
10-11-2016, 01:28 PM
If I'm the new AD I tell Jimmy one thing: "Don't call me unless it's to tell me Dan is leaving. There's nothing else to discuss at this point and time."

JoseBrown
10-11-2016, 01:29 PM
He should look to the NFL for Dan a new job. He'd be perfect for the league. No 'crootin. Make plenty money. Run marathons. Live in the North. Be an asshole. I think he'd be very successful somewhere in the league, prolly even Hev..

ScottH
10-11-2016, 01:37 PM
When the book is written we'll find out some of the switch to Sexton and the leaks to Schad et al weren't Dan's doing.

gtowndawg
10-11-2016, 02:02 PM
When the book is written we'll find out some of the switch to Sexton and the leaks to Schad et al weren't Dan's doing.

Hmmm..care to go deeper? You have my attention.

Political Hack
10-11-2016, 02:34 PM

Dan switching to Sexton wasn't Dan's doing?

That should be an interesting explanation.

blacklistedbully
10-11-2016, 02:35 PM

Are you suggesting the "whoring of Dan to other programs" and the leaks were a failed strategy by Dan's former agent, and Dan fired him because of how its made such a mess for him and us?

Political Hack
10-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Are you suggesting the "whoring of Dan to other programs" and the leaks were a failed strategy by Dan's former agent, and Dan fired him because of how its made such a mess for him and us?

Holy Jesus I'd love this to be true, but he had the chance to say "not interested" to the media multiple times the last two years. His actions are one of somebody who was looking to leave, but even if this got out and changed the perception of what happened it would help, especially if he's sticking around now that he's realized that he didn't invent football.

Reality is sometimes less important than perception. Just ask Ole Miss.

fishwater99
10-11-2016, 02:48 PM

So it was Megan ?

gtowndawg
10-11-2016, 03:08 PM
So it was Megan ?

Double hmmmmm......

TrapGame
10-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Mullen to Oregon

I can see that.

msstate7
10-11-2016, 03:35 PM
I don't pretend to know any of the inner working of Mullen and his agent, but it would be pretty ironic if Mullen switched agents bc his old one was floating mullen's name out too much for job openings