PDA

View Full Version : Why Mullen will never win me back

lamont
10-10-2016, 09:25 PM
The constant shopping himself around the country is bad enough- but that is what it is. But one thing that shows me he just isnt "the guy":

Story comes straight from a staff member. I dont pass along alot of these that I get told for obvious reasons- but sometime you have to say what the **** right Tom Cruise?

T-Buck was hired 3 weeks before Signing Day. He informed the staff of an OL guy that Fla State was slow-playing and unlikely to sign. Mullen, Hevesy, and Gonzo laughed at him. Told T-Buck there is no way in Hell he could get that guy to sign with State. T-Buck guaranteed he would get him. Mullen and crew rolled their eyes making fun of T-Buck and said "yeahhhhh, go get him"

That guy was Stewart Reese- State's highest rated OL signee in the 2016 class. Took T-Buck 3 weeks to close the deal for a guy rated higher than anybody Hevesy could pull in

How can we expect to do anything big at Miss State- when our HC, OL coach, and WR coach laugh at at another one our coaches for thinking he can easily sign a 3-star football player? How can I support a coach that thinks a 3-star OL recruit is beyond our reach?????

Never again

JoseBrown
10-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Wow. That's a damn good point...

I seen it dawg
10-10-2016, 09:28 PM
And that's not even the one that hev thought his hands were too small. Who did not redshirt as a true freshman on a team that is undefeated. Run the CCB out on a rail.

I seen it dawg
10-10-2016, 09:29 PM
The CCB is stealing money from us and has been for awhile. Dak just masked it.

mic
10-10-2016, 09:39 PM
I didn't listen to or watch the presser today.. But did he actually said the effort was there this weekend ?? Wow..
Is he trying to get fired mid-season ? If he actually said that Keenum himself should have announced his owner PC after and fired him..
But I might see CDM working here.. 2-3 and fired mid season looks a helluva lot better on the resume than 4-8 and ass whippings by Bama, Am, and Umiss.
He and his new agent can focus 100% on his new gig and he could even do some tv with ESPN / sec network..
Because obviously he has quit on this team as well..

BayouDawg
10-10-2016, 09:40 PM
And who allowed this crap show to develop and transpire? Oh yea the cheerleader. Of course that snake came out smelling like a rose. That's who I really blame.

TrapGame
son of a...

That's effin' pathetic right there. Yeah, it's past time for Mullen to go.

Irondawg
I really thought he had turned a corner with that 2014 LSU game because that's his best coached game game ever for us ( until the last 3 min) but it stayed for a few more weeks then left and we haven't seen that again

mic
10-10-2016, 09:43 PM
The CCB is stealing money from us and has been for awhile. Dak just masked it.

Hev should be wearing a ski mask the day ever month his check goes direct deposit..

HoopsDawg
10-10-2016, 09:43 PM
If you can't recruit, you can't win.

I seen it dawg
10-10-2016, 09:47 PM
If you can't put forth the effort to recruit, you can't win.

FIFY

mic
10-10-2016, 09:48 PM
The constant shopping himself around the country is bad enough- but that is what it is. But one thing that shows me he just isnt "the guy":

Story comes straight from a staff member. I dont pass along alot of these that I get told for obvious reasons- but sometime you have to say what the **** right Tom Cruise?

T-Buck was hired 3 weeks before Signing Day. He informed the staff of an OL guy that Fla State was slow-playing and unlikely to sign. Mullen, Hevesy, and Gonzo laughed at him. Told T-Buck there is no way in Hell he could get that guy to sign with State. T-Buck guaranteed he would get him. Mullen and crew rolled their eyes making fun of T-Buck and said "yeahhhhh, go get him"

That guy was Stewart Reese- State's highest rated OL signee in the 2016 class. Took T-Buck 3 weeks to close the deal for a guy rated higher than anybody Hevesy could pull in

How can we expect to do anything big at Miss State- when our HC, OL coach, and WR coach laugh at at another one our coaches for thinking he can easily sign a 3-star football player? How can I support a coach that thinks a 3-star OL recruit is beyond our reach?????

Never again

Too add.
Stewart has a younger brother 2018 graduate . 3 /4 star safety/CB .
Thank you TBuck..
We might want to try and keep TBuck around awhile..

GTHOM
10-10-2016, 10:01 PM
I didn't listen to or watch the presser today.. But did he actually said the effort was there this weekend ?? Wow..
Is he trying to get fired mid-season ? If he actually said that Keenum himself should have announced his owner PC after and fired him..
But I might see CDM working here.. 2-3 and fired mid season looks a helluva lot better on the resume than 4-8 and ass whippings by Bama, Am, and Umiss.
He and his new agent can focus 100% on his new gig and he could even do some tv with ESPN / sec network..

4-8??? Name me another win besides samford

Intramural All-American
10-10-2016, 10:42 PM

Never again

To be fair, you also said there was nothing Cohen could do to make you not want him fired after this past season, and then he rattled off an SEC championship and national seed causing you to backtrack (although you never admitted to backtracking, shockingly).

Point is, winning cures all. Now I highly doubt Mullen will rattle off 7 straight or 6 of 7 to make this a good season (pretty much impossible), but you would look mighty dumb sticking to your guns if that happened.

War Machine Dawg
10-10-2016, 10:45 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Mayyyyyyyybe UK? I even put that at a long shot.

Bothrops
10-10-2016, 11:17 PM
His time is up, he's like an expired loaf of bread. If he's gone after this year, everybody wins, imo. We will regard him as a winner at State, and he can say he did what few others have done. Best case scenario.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2016, 11:22 PM
It's just so sad to me that the best MSU coach of my lifetime viewed MSU's football program as a fat chick that he could use as stepping stone to a prettier girl.

It's clear that he never believed in MSU, &, if you've ever tried to sell something you don't believe in, you'd know it's impossible.

Truth is that Mullen never believed in MSU

SDDawg
10-10-2016, 11:34 PM

Never again

Cool story but I don't believe it.

Bothrops
10-10-2016, 11:50 PM
It's just so sad to me that the best MSU coach of my lifetime viewed MSU's football program as a fat chick that he could use as stepping stone to a prettier girl.

It's clear that he never believed in MSU, &, if you've ever tried to sell something you don't believe in, you'd know it's impossible.

There is no prettier girl for Mullen. He's gonna bring the same bag of problems, and attributes, wherever he goes.

Todd4State
10-11-2016, 02:06 AM
To be fair, you also said there was nothing Cohen could do to make you not want him fired after this past season, and then he rattled off an SEC championship and national seed causing you to backtrack (although you never admitted to backtracking, shockingly).

Point is, winning cures all. Now I highly doubt Mullen will rattle off 7 straight or 6 of 7 to make this a good season (pretty much impossible), but you would look mighty dumb sticking to your guns if that happened.

To be fair, RP is probably the most accurate with his football posts of all the sports he talks about. See last week when he was telling people that we were going to struggle against Auburn, that this year we would struggle to win 6, etc.

lamont
10-11-2016, 06:10 AM

Cohen changed his philosophy and stopped bunting so much- especially in the early innings. He stopped hurting his team and because of it- won the SEC. Mullen has proven to be incapable of change.

Coursesuper
10-11-2016, 07:24 AM
I hope that Sexton has been using all his back channel connections to find Mullen a new gig. I also hope that we are aggressively using the same connections to make inquiries about our potential opening. If we aren't then we deserve what we will get. We don't have to wait and hire an AD before we start making contacts.

dawgday166
10-11-2016, 07:43 AM
I really thought he had turned a corner with that 2014 LSU game because that's his best coached game game ever for us ( until the last 3 min) but it stayed for a few more weeks then left and we haven't seen that again

I thought maybe so too. Going into that game I figured he'd blow it, even tho I thought we had an excellent chance to win. I was of the mindset that if he blew it I was done watching while he was coach. 2014 got me to buy back in tho, even with the end of year debacles. Thought maybe he'd learn and continue to improve and get better like maybe say .. Saban, Meyer, Dabo, etc.

It has bothered me the last few years at how short our offers list is every year and that it is always loaded with 3* with a smattering of 4* players and maybe 1 5* thrown in. Then when we miss, even on the 3* players, there is very little margin and no good backup plans.

mic
10-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Cool story but I don't believe it.

It has been confirmed to others as well..

ILOATHEBears
10-11-2016, 08:04 AM

He believed he could win until the end of 2014. When he didn't he blamed the program that if he couldn't win the west that year he never would. Problem with that is many reasons but I will stick with 2: 1) u croot better oline and u beat Bama and tsun that year. So that meant fire your buddy and get a real oline coach and recruiter. 2) u call a game like u have a chainsaw for a d$ck. Not play scared and call all conservative crap and then wonder oh golly gee we just can't break thru to the next level

WSOPdawg
10-11-2016, 08:14 AM
He believed he could win until the end of 2014. When he didn't he blamed the program that if he couldn't win the west that year he never would. Problem with that is many reasons but I will stick with 2: 1) u croot better oline and u beat Bama and tsun that year. So that meant fire your buddy and get a real oline coach and recruiter. 2) u call a game like u have a chainsaw for a d$ck. Not play scared and call all conservative crap and then wonder oh golly gee we just can't break thru to the next level

Outstanding!!!

Schultzy
10-11-2016, 08:24 AM
He was so nervous before and during that game it looked like he was going to puke or just have a stroke out there on the field.

The problem that day wasn't the MSU football program, it was the HC that couldn't handle the moment at the very time our players needed to see a coach exuding confidence.

And he should've had that confidence bc no one would've busted his balls for losing in T-town putting your best foot forward. But HC showing up deer in headlights was disappointing and surprising.

bulldawg28
10-11-2016, 08:39 AM
The reason he can't win you back is because you've received third party information at best about a individual and have formed their mindset. And since your posting your opinion I must say that's pretty weak . Formulate your own opinion from what you've personally encountered. Never let someone else think for you.

dawgday166
10-11-2016, 08:42 AM

We could've and should've won it that year. He crapped the bed against Bama. It wasn't the team that crapped the bed. That was a result of motivation and psychological/mental approach ... which rests on his head. Saban got the Lone Survivor guy to come in for a pep talk to his team that week. I guess Dan just thought if we executed well we'd win (which we didn't do cause team was wound up tighter than a tick IMO .. just like their head coach was).

dawgoneyall
10-11-2016, 08:53 AM

That is the part that pisses me off........

fishwater99
10-11-2016, 09:11 AM

This.. Mullen quit after that 2014 Bama loss. He went looking for a new gig but his agent sucked at it. He now has Sexton, he is gone..

shoeless joe
10-11-2016, 09:14 AM
To be fair, RP is probably the most accurate with his football posts of all the sports he talks about. See last week when he was telling people that we were going to struggle against Auburn, that this year we would struggle to win 6, etc.

This is true. Ego and agenda aside he knows football and Umiss troubles...but I don't pay much attention at all when discussing other sports.

HoopsDawg
10-11-2016, 09:30 AM
He was so nervous before and during that game it looked like he was going to puke or just have a stroke out there on the field.

The problem that day wasn't the MSU football program, it was the HC that couldn't handle the moment at the very time our players needed to see a coach exuding confidence.

And he should've had that confidence bc no one would've busted his balls for losing in T-town putting your best foot forward. But HC showing up deer in headlights was disappointing and surprising.

Agree, he had that confidence at Baton Rouge that year, but against Bama it was like the game was moving too fast for him.

Thick
10-11-2016, 09:41 AM
We are discussing football. Lot of people on this board get it, and several of you don't get it. Dan Mullen has been shopping himself around for 2 years. DM has hired Sexton, which should be a huge signal to everyone that he really, really wants out ASAP. DM has run off more defensive coaches in an 8 period maybe in the history of college football. Yet, his offensive buddies somehow are still here. He's difficult to work for unless you are a part of his inner circle. Saban is hard to work for too, but the difference in Saban and Mullen is Saban has balls, guts, and is simply not intimidated by anyone.

DM has been good for MSU, but his lack of recruiting, his offensive decision making (personnel/play calling), and his complete ignorance toward the defensive side of the ball or coaches have been the most glaring problems during his tenure. I have no idea who should replace him, but I do know I would like to see somebody who understands what it takes to win in this division.....above average recruiting, it begins and ends in the trenches, seniority means nothing, pay your assistants and coordinators, and let your coordinators do their jobs!

Dawgface
10-11-2016, 09:44 AM
I believe the info. Hope Sexton pulls a miracle and finds the prick an out.

AlSwearengen
10-11-2016, 09:51 AM
There is no prettier girl for Mullen. He's gonna bring the same bag of problems, and attributes, wherever he goes.

Spot on. He isn't the total package that he apparently thinks he is.

yjnkdawg
10-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Agree, he had that confidence at Baton Rouge that year, but against Bama it was like the game was moving too fast for him.

He was tentative on play calling and apparently playing not to lose, instead of putting it all out on the line. You can't play teams like Bama and play not to lose. It ain't happening.

Taog Redloh
10-11-2016, 09:59 AM
And who allowed this crap show to develop and transpire? Oh yea the cheerleader. Of course that snake came out smelling like a rose. That's who I really blame.
Yep. Keenum is the one with balls who stepped up and made Mullen stand down last off-season.

Stricklin had his strong points and I wish him well, but holding coaches accountable wasn't one of them.

Political Hack
10-11-2016, 09:59 AM

Oh hell no. You make him man the ship until it's completely under. When we take a 93-7 ass whipping in the egg bowl, I want him to have to run out that tunnel with the team after half time and stand there until the clock stops ticking.

Dawg61
10-11-2016, 11:05 AM

With some creative play calling this team is capable of winning 6 games still. Fitz on roll outs, speed option, power running Shump and Williams and play-action passes to Ross & Gray on streaks and there's enough offense to score 30+ every game. Fitz is a major problem for defenses when he gets past the LOS running, he is faster than most. Problem is Mullen won't do any of that shit though.

Coursesuper
10-11-2016, 11:15 AM
With some creative play calling this team is capable of winning 6 games still. Fitz on roll outs, speed option, power running Shump and Williams and play-action passes to Ross & Gray on streaks and there's enough offense to score 30+ every game. Fitz is a major problem for defenses when he gets past the LOS running, he is faster than most. Problem is Mullen won't do any of that shit though.

Our OL outclassed by every DL that we play minus Sanford from here on out, it won't matter what we try to do on Offense, there is no magic play calling formula that can change that. All l I am realistically hoping for is that they don't quit on us, but after Saturday I have very little hope in that.

Dawg61
10-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Our OL outclassed by every DL that we play minus Sanford from here on out, it won't matter what we try to do on Offense, there is no magic play calling formula that can change that. All l I am realistically hoping for is that they don't quit on us, but after Saturday I have very little hope in that.

Roll-outs and screen passes help a lot. We aren't the first team to have a shitty OL. I think it's possible to win 6 with this team but Mullen has tucked his labia majora inside for the winter and is getting ready for job interviews now.

Coursesuper
10-11-2016, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=Dawg61;628764]Roll-outs and screen passes help a lot. We aren't the first team to have a shitty OL. I think it's possible to win 6 with this team but Mullen has tucked his labia majora inside for the winter and is getting ready for job interviews now.[/QUOT

I know you came here just to argue, but this team isn't winning six games on the winningest day of the year with an electrified winning machine.

Dawg61
10-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Really didn't want to argue. My point is our play calling sucks ass. That's all.

HSVDawg
10-11-2016, 12:37 PM
While extremely depressing, this gives me some hope that T-Buck might be interested in sticking around for the next coach if a change occurs after this season. Sounds like he might have been rubbed the wrong way by the country club mentality if that story actually got out.

maroonmania
10-11-2016, 12:44 PM
We are discussing football. Lot of people on this board get it, and several of you don't get it. Dan Mullen has been shopping himself around for 2 years. DM has hired Sexton, which should be a huge signal to everyone that he really, really wants out ASAP. DM has run off more defensive coaches in an 8 period maybe in the history of college football. Yet, his offensive buddies somehow are still here. He's difficult to work for unless you are a part of his inner circle. Saban is hard to work for too, but the difference in Saban and Mullen is Saban has balls, guts, and is simply not intimidated by anyone.

DM has been good for MSU, but his lack of recruiting, his offensive decision making (personnel/play calling), and his complete ignorance toward the defensive side of the ball or coaches have been the most glaring problems during his tenure. I have no idea who should replace him, but I do know I would like to see somebody who understands what it takes to win in this division.....above average recruiting, it begins and ends in the trenches, seniority means nothing, pay your assistants and coordinators, and let your coordinators do their jobs!

The difference is that Saban doesn't play favorites with his staff and holds ALL of them accountable. A lot of coaches may not like that, but they can respect it. However, when you are chewing my ass out while at the same time not doing a thing with a coach that has a unit playing WAY worse than mine because he is your buddy then that does create a problem.

GTHOM
10-11-2016, 01:11 PM

BYU is gonna roll us, Kentucky is playing better, and we arent even close to any of the west teams we have to play. Kentucky is better coached than us right now. Think about that

Thick
10-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Roll-outs and screen passes help a lot. We aren't the first team to have a shitty OL. I think it's possible to win 6 with this team but Mullen has tucked his labia majora inside for the winter and is getting ready for job interviews now.

You do realize that to win 6, you have to win the next 3, and then upset aTm, Bama, AR, or OM? Those 4 teams are going to have their way with us both offensively and defensively. Plus all of those teams will be very physical on the defensive side of the ball. I hate it, but DM put us in this position. If we lose Friday, that will put us at 3-9

BayouDawg
10-11-2016, 01:16 PM
BYU is gonna roll us, Kentucky is playing better, and we arent even close to any of the west teams we have to play. Kentucky is better coached than us right now. Think about that

My little cousin's pee wee team is better coached than us right now

Thick
10-11-2016, 01:16 PM
The difference is that Saban doesn't play favorites with his staff and holds ALL of them accountable. A lot of coaches may not like that, but they can respect it. However, when you are chewing my ass out while at the same time not doing a thing with a coach that has a unit playing WAY worse than mine because he is your buddy then that does create a problem.

Good points!

msstate7
10-11-2016, 01:18 PM

Maybe, but not sure what you base that off of... both teams have a common opponent (South Carolina).

Kentucky 17-10 over South Carolina

Kentucky yards gained = 351
Kentucky yards given up = 268

State over usce 28-13

State yards gained = 485
State yards given up = 243

pilldawg
10-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Remember when Florida pushed Urban Meyer out after Tebow left. That looks stupid now. We are the 10th - 12th best job in the SEC in football. I think I would give the guy another year at least.

Dawg61
10-11-2016, 02:03 PM
You do realize that to win 6, you have to win the next 3, and then upset aTm, Bama, AR, or OM? Those 4 teams are going to have their way with us both offensively and defensively. Plus all of those teams will be very physical on the defensive side of the ball. I hate it, but DM put us in this position. If we lose Friday, that will put us at 3-9

I realize this and I am saying if Dan would just start calling the offense the right way we have a CHANCE to still win 6. The offense can be dangerous when someone isn't ****ing up the play calling every drive.

IMissJack
10-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Maybe, but not sure what you base that off of... both teams have a common opponent (South Carolina).

State over usce 28-13

State yards gained = 485

The difference is KY is an away game, SC was at home.

GTHOM
10-11-2016, 07:12 PM

State over usce 28-13

State yards gained = 485

Kentucky actually beat SC 20-13 but your points are fair. We still suck and are poorly coached.

GTHOM
10-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Remember when Florida pushed Urban Meyer out after Tebow left. That looks stupid now. We are the 10th - 12th best job in the SEC in football. I think I would give the guy another year at least.

Urban Meyer never went 3-9 and treated them like a stepping stone either. Urban Meyer never went job whoring, Urban Meyer probably played younger more talented players. Just a hunch

msstate7
10-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Kentucky actually beat SC 20-13 but your points are fair. We still suck and are poorly coached.

It was 17-10. Kentucky beat vandy 20-13

lamont
10-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Really didn't want to argue. My point is our play calling sucks ass. That's all.

You thought we couple play with Auburn. You really dont know very much

Todd4State
10-12-2016, 02:32 AM

State over usce 28-13

State yards gained = 485
State yards given up = 243I agree with you that we are comparable with Kentucky. But I also agree that Kentucky is playing better than us right now and you have to factor in home field advantage for Kentucky when we play them. But we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Dawg61
10-12-2016, 10:02 AM
You thought we couple play with Auburn. You really dont know very much

Pettway straight up the middle 40 times in a row doesn't make me think Auburn is good it makes me think Sirmon got ass-raped vs the nascar offense.

MarketingBully
10-12-2016, 10:14 AM
10th-12th best job in the SEC? Lolololololol. You have no credibility. You are just bitching just to bitch right now.