PDA

View Full Version : Mullen supporters vs Mullen haters: question

confucius say
10-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Now that there is a split in the fanbase, is there anything that Mullen can do, or not do, to change your mind?

For his supporters, do you support him staying even with the lack of effort continuing and 3-9? For his haters, are you willing to give him another year if we show signs of improvement in play and effort and 5-7?

jumbo
10-10-2016, 02:38 PM
He's not getting fired short of losing out and taking a dump on Jack Cristil's grave.

I want to see him act like he gives a ****. If you want out, cool, deal with after the season. But don't quit 1/3 of the way through.

TrapGame
10-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Mullen should have started before now. It's too late, time to go.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Now that there is a split in the fanbase, is there anything that Mullen can do, or not do, to change your mind?

For his supporters, do you support him staying even with the lack of effort continuing and 3-9? For his haters, are you willing to give him another year if we show signs of improvement in play and effort and 5-7?

How about stop making stupid names up for people who support Mullen. That would be a good first start to the problem.

confucius say
10-10-2016, 02:48 PM
How about stop making stupid names up for people who support Mullen. That would be a good first start to the problem.

Didn't mean it that way. How bout this, Mullen supporters vs Mullen non-supporters. And for the record, I've been as big a supporter as anybody until now. Still willing to let last 7 weeks play out, but I've begun to think the end is near. That's why I asked the question.

fader2103
10-10-2016, 02:54 PM
What he can do to save him self with me
1. Come out and say he is 100% committed to our program.
2. Beat Bama and Ole Miss this year.
3. After the Ole Miss game in his presser say I will not Pursue or interview for any other jobs period.

blacklistedbully
10-10-2016, 02:54 PM

No more stupid than calling the other side "haters". In fact, "haters" is worse.

Most of us fed up with Dan don't hate the man...we're just tired of his BS and don't think he's going to adapt enough to turn it around again. He's fatally arrogant and obstinate, and as a result has done some things that have crippled our program.

Yes, he did some amazing things for us when he came here with a fire in his belly and looked at us as an exciting opportunity. But the flaws have brought down so much of what he built, and many of us are starting to question how much of his success in 2014 & 2015 was Dak, & JRob.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2016, 03:00 PM
I've been a Mullen supporter and I'm willing to let the season play out. I really like Dan and appreciate what he has done for us and hope he can get the ship righted. That being said it ain't looking good. If we don't show improvement soon and are not on an upward trend by season end, then I think it's all over but the crying. A change of scenery at that time may be best for both parties. It's sad because I really hoped we had found OUR Coach. Breakups are always tough but generally its for the best. One way or another we should know for sure in about 8 weeks. I feel like Boobie said on twitter Saturday, I love y'all and i'm with you til the end but that was unacceptable.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Didn't mean it that way. How bout this, Mullen supporters vs Mullen non-supporters. And for the record, I've been as big a supporter as anybody until now. Still willing to let last 7 weeks play out, but I've begun to think the end is near. That's why I asked the question.

Exactly and I fixed the title.

Here is where I am, which is a waste of keystrokes because Mullen is stubborn. We are now 5 games in the season. We have seen intense bastard for one half of one game. I don't expect to see him become the Dan of 2008, 2009 with creative playcalling and actually holding the team to a high degree of accountability.

Dan had to win the next 3 games. Then Dan needs to win either Ark or The Bears. to get to a bowl game. He really needs to beat the bears to keep that streak from reaching 3 in a row.. but I see no way in hell that happens. Hell I don't really seeing us being competitive with Arkansas either..and beating Kentucky which he HAS TO DO is not even close to being a certain anymore.

But in the end.. Does it matter? As of now.. Dan won't be fired this year. I've been told this was said by a very high source during halftime saturday.. If there was a time when someone would want a change, that would of been it. So unless that changes.. In Sexton we trust...

civildawg
10-10-2016, 03:04 PM
He cant change my mind. I've seen him flirt with too many other jobs and not care while he is stealing 4 million a year from us. I am completely done with him. He could win out and I would still want him gone.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 03:05 PM
He's not getting fired short of losing out and taking a dump on Jack Cristil's grave.

I want to see him act like he gives a ****. If you want out, cool, deal with after the season. But don't quit 1/3 of the way through.

Yep.

You might as well support Mullen bc he'll be here next season unless someone takes him from us.

I think Mullen realized his recruiting had become a major problem last season and took steps to correct it with staff hires. I think he'll go even farther this offseason esp if we continue the track we're on. I think brad Peterson will be an on-field coach next season in place of one of Mullen's offensive assistants. It wouldn't surprise me to see a few changes on the offensive staff including maybe turning over play calling

confucius say
10-10-2016, 03:06 PM
I've been a Mullen supporter and I'm willing to let the season play out. I really like Dan and appreciate what he has done for us and hope he can get the ship righted. That being said it ain't looking good. If we don't show improvement soon and are not on an upward trend by season end, then I think it's all over but the crying. A change of scenery at that time may be best for both parties. It's sad because I really hoped we had found OUR Coach. Breakups are always tough but generally its for the best. One way or another we should know for sure in about 8 weeks.

Same way I see it. The main reason I supported Dan in 13 was the fact we played hard even in defeat against bama, Aggie, and Lsu. We're not doing that right now.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2016, 03:08 PM

Appreciated and rep points given.

confucius say
10-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Exactly and I fixed the title.

Here is where I am, which is a waste of keystrokes because Mullen is stubborn. We are now 5 games in the season. We have seen intense bastard for one half of one game. I don't expect to see him become the Dan of 2008, 2009 with creative playcalling and actually holding the team to a high degree of accountability.

Dan had to win the next 3 games. Then Dan needs to win either Ark or The Bears. to get to a bowl game. He really needs to beat the bears to keep that streak from reaching 3 in a row.. but I see no way in hell that happens. Hell I don't really seeing us being competitive with Arkansas either..and beating Kentucky which he HAS TO DO is not even close to being a certain anymore.

But in the end.. Does it matter? As of now.. Dan won't be fired this year. I've been told this was said by a very high source during halftime saturday.. If there was a time when someone would want a change, that would of been it. So unless that changes.. In Sexton we trust...

Thanks for changing the title.

To answer your question, I think it matters in the sense that I would hope a close to the season similar to 2013, with effort and an unexpected win or two, could unite the fan base going into 2017. But from the responses, it seems like that bridge has been burned.

Bothrops
10-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Even if he starts acting like he cares, why would anyone believe it's genuine? He's not playing to win anymore, and we probably have the most 4* players on the team than we've ever had. His W/L record won't look so good if he stays. It's in the best interest for both parties to say thank you and move on in different paths.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Thanks for changing the title.

To answer your question, I think it matters in the sense that I would hope a close to the season similar to 2013, with effort and an unexpected win or two, could unite the fan base going into 2017. But from the responses, it seems like that bridge has been burned.

The only other way I could half way be excited about another year under Mullen would be scored earth of the offensive staff the day after the egg bowl. Good bye Hev, Knox, Sallach as a start...

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-10-2016, 03:24 PM
I would need to see the team play harder and major staff changes with quality hires.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2016, 03:26 PM
The only other way I could half way be excited about another year under Mullen would be scored earth of the offensive staff the day after the egg bowl. Good bye Hev, Knox, Sallach as a start...

I don't think Mullen cut Hev off. He might lose his on the field coaching job but he will be part of the program.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Even if he starts acting like he cares, why would anyone believe it's genuine? He's not playing to win anymore, and we probably have the most 4* players on the team than we've ever had. His W/L record won't look so good if he stays. It's in the best interest for both parties to say thank you and move on in different paths.

Is it in our best interest to pay out a huge buy out in a year where there will be blue blood schools with openings all over the country? I'm not so sure. I agree with shotgun that getting hill and Thompson (esp him) on campus and give Mullen '17 is what's best for us

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Someone just needs to force ******* hand on some staff firings. It has gotten beyond ridiculous that Hev is still here.

Coursesuper
10-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Yep.

You might as well support Mullen bc he'll be here next season unless someone takes him from us.

I think Mullen realized his recruiting had become a major problem last season and took steps to correct it with staff hires. I think he'll go even farther this offseason esp if we continue the track we're on. I think brad Peterson will be an on-field coach next season in place of one of Mullen's offensive assistants. It wouldn't surprise me to see a few changes on the offensive staff including maybe turning over play calling

I highly doubt Dan Mullen will be the coach at MSU past December. You hire Jimmy Sexton to get you a new gig period. Bitch, whine, cry complain, pray he stays it doesn't matter he's ready to move on and he's out of here.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2016, 03:39 PM
I highly doubt Dan Mullen will be the coach at MSU past December. You hire Jimmy Sexton to get you a new gig period. Bitch, whine, cry complain, pray he stays it doesn't matter he's ready to move on and he's out of here.

The problem is.. Dan is a top 20 paid coach. Noone is going to hire him and pay more than we are. Mullen won't be going to another SEC. Isn't going to a top BIG 12, Big 10, or ACC job.
He's gonna end up somewhere like that Maryland job that he evidently didn't want last year if he is lucky.

Coursesuper
10-10-2016, 03:47 PM
The problem is.. Dan is a top 20 paid coach. Noone is going to hire him and pay more than we are. Mullen won't be going to another SEC. Isn't going to a top BIG 12, Big 10, or ACC job.
He's gonna end up somewhere like that Maryland job that he evidently didn't want last year if he is lucky.

He has no choice right now and he and Sexton know it, they have to strike this year, they will find a gig it will more than likely be a lat move and a pay cut be he has to get out now. He can't afford to get fired and get the buyout, they have to move now in order to try to get him back to the big check.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-10-2016, 03:49 PM
The one thing he can control is his own temperament, demeanor and attitude for the rest of the season. This includes times when he is with his coaches and players, talking to the media, talking to fans, and on the sidelines on Saturdays.

This part from him has been lacking this entire season. He has lost the hunger to build the best program he can. He has an attitude and demeanor in front of media that he would rather be someplace else and not talking about his program. I don't listen to the call in show with fans, but I've seen the posts about him cutting people off and generally being an ass when answering their questions. His entire personality on the sidelines has changed from a couple of seasons ago.

His entire persona this season is that he has given the perception that he is not as focused, given the intensity or put forth the effort that he did 2 years ago. He has basically shown an attitude of not caring.

I expected this season to be a down year. I knew we didn't have the leadership of Dak. Any time you lose a leader as strong as Dak was, it is going to take time to find others to rise to the top. Not to mention his athletic ability he brought to the field. The QB position was the most glaring that we were going to have to replace. I knew it would take time for Fitz to get comfortable and start producing. We had other positions that were going to be weaknesses...OL and DB's mainly, but WR was going to need time to gel as well. So with all these factors, I knew it would be a rebuilding year.

But what I think a rebuilding year should look like is a team that starts at a certain level, but shows consistent improvement throughout the year and is a better team at the end of the season than the beginning. Different factors can change things throughout the year as well...injuries mainly. But to give you an example of a rebuilding year, take a look at basketball last year. We were much better at the end of the year than we were to begin. That is what I expected from football. Being better at the end of this year than we were at the beginning and then having a greater sense of expectations for the next year.

The problem we are having is that we aren't showing that improvement. We are showing signs of imploding instead. That begins and ends with the head coach. Look at Mullen's first season....we were better at the end than we were at the beginning. We showed improvement during the season. Why? Because Mullen was focused, had his assistants focused and had his team focused on getting better every day. We are anything but a focused football program right now.

So to answer your question:
> If he shows me the attitude about the entire program that he showed his first year here.
> Showed improvement from his players being developed and being better at the end of the year than the beginning
> Most of all not actively looking to leave at the end of the season
> Had a major shakeup of his offensive staff at seasons end

and he still finished 5-7, yes, I would support him staying.

But I would then make it known to him that if he strayed from that attitude at any point going forward and showed signs of his program going the wrong way again, he would be gone.

Having said all of that, I don't believe we'll see anything different from him than what we are currently seeing. At that point, I personally will be hoping Sexton can find him a new gig, but that is not in our favor either. No team that can pay him 4 million a year will actually want him.

Dawg496
10-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Anyone here okay with their wife ****ing other guys, but remaining married to you? Why or why not?

jumbo
10-10-2016, 03:51 PM

If he's somewhere else next year it will be a lateral move at best.

Cooterpoot
10-10-2016, 04:00 PM
First, I do think Mullen is leaving end of the season. But, the only way I want him fired is if we lose out. It's just not a good situation for us. Too many big jobs open for us to find a good coach with experience as a HC. We would be stuck hiring an assistant or a retread. Plus, give it one more year and we might be able to get Briles once everything has blown over.
You lose a pretty decent class if Mullen is gone too. I just can't think of anyone we can hire this year with all the openings.

fishwater99
10-10-2016, 04:08 PM
He has no choice right now and he and Sexton know it, they have to strike this year, they will find a gig it will more than likely be a lat move and a pay cut be he has to get out now. He can't afford to get fired and get the buyout, they have to move now in order to try to get him back to the big check.

This... He is gone this year, even if he takes a paycut. Remember when Auburn hired Chizik with a losing HC record. You know who his agent was?

I seen it dawg
10-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Done. See ya. Bye. In the parking lot of vaught stadium.

DogsofAnarchy
10-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Dan has to go back to the 2010 offense. Before anyone says you don't know what you're talking about, Matt Wyatt said on air today that the Offense is completely different than what Dan did when he got here. With Relf we averaged 21 Passes a game, last year 38 passes a game. This year 33 passes a game so far. Completely different plays and NO imagination at all.

QUOTE=confucius say;628295]Now that there is a split in the fanbase, is there anything that Mullen can do, or not do, to change your mind?

For his supporters, do you support him staying even with the lack of effort continuing and 3-9? For his haters, are you willing to give him another year if we show signs of improvement in play and effort and 5-7?[/QUOTE]

TrapGame
10-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Mullen may be so desperate to get out he'll take another OC job. Could be that if Texas, Oregon or ND open up for a HC he'll wind up the OC there.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Anyone here okay with their wife ****ing other guys, but remaining married to you? Why or why not?

If you apply for another job, should your current boss fire you?

BB30
10-10-2016, 05:09 PM
I have been a Mullen supporter and am now on the fence. I am on the fence due to the current coaching environment and the odds of us making a hire that is better than our current situation which is pretty bad. I guess if we have to go through a Rick Ray to get a Ben Howland than I would be ok with that. The bottom line is our job is not as attractive as many of us think.

However Mullen leaves, either fired or for another job it will look extremely bad. Fire him and we get slammed for firing the winningest coach in our history. He leaves on his own for a lateral move in a different conference and that basically is him saying you can't win a championship here unless the stars align with a once in a century type player and even then it is still tough.

Our job unfortunately is not as attractive as many of our fans think. About the only positives I can see is the fact that we can pay fairly well and we are in the SEC. Outside of that we are in the toughest division in college football with one of the smallest budgets in the conference. Our assistant coaching salaries are not very good which makes it tough to keep good bright up and coming assistants from leaving for more $$ and prestigious job openings. I think we have a good fan base but when you look at it compared to Bama, OSU, ND, UF, UT, A&M, LSU etc it is not in the same stratosphere.

Recruiting here is not easy. We all love Starkville but most people perceive it as a pretty boring small southern town. We have 3 big schools in state and Bama right down the road. Throw in LSU and it makes it even harder to get the stud in state guys. Any up and coming coach would look at our job and say yea they pay well but if I don't win at possibly the toughest job in the west then what happens? I can stay here at my mid major keep winning and get hired by a blue blood program in a year or two or I can take a shot at this State job.

The only realistic coach that I like right now is Briles, baggage and all. We are too big to be a stepping stone for a great coach and too small to be considered a destination job. It is going to take a very very special coach to come here and win consistently and give us multiple opportunities to win championships.

Todd4State
10-10-2016, 05:25 PM
If you apply for another job, should your current boss fire you?

That does happen at some companies. That's why most people keep job searching on the down low.

And do you know why they do that? Because companies know that an employee that is actively looking around wants to leave and is in general unproductive.

MSU is the only place I know of where you have to kill the horse and have a horse skeleton to fire the coach.

Goldendawg
10-10-2016, 05:28 PM
If we go 3-9 or 4-8 and get hammered by the remaining SEC teams except KY and Dan has to stay for all the many reasons noted, does he get a contract extension? He would have 1 year left on his contract, and certainly a lame duck as an already mediocre recruiter. Opinions?

tcdog70
10-10-2016, 05:29 PM
AL Davis said it "Just Win Baby "

Todd4State
10-10-2016, 05:29 PM
I have been a Mullen supporter and am now on the fence. I am on the fence due to the current coaching environment and the odds of us making a hire that is better than our current situation which is pretty bad. I guess if we have to go through a Rick Ray to get a Ben Howland than I would be ok with that. The bottom line is our job is not as attractive as many of us think.

However Mullen leaves, either fired or for another job it will look extremely bad. Fire him and we get slammed for firing the winningest coach in our history. He leaves on his own for a lateral move in a different conference and that basically is him saying you can't win a championship here unless the stars align with a once in a century type player and even then it is still tough.

Our job unfortunately is not as attractive as many of our fans think. About the only positives I can see is the fact that we can pay fairly well and we are in the SEC. Outside of that we are in the toughest division in college football with one of the smallest budgets in the conference. Our assistant coaching salaries are not very good which makes it tough to keep good bright up and coming assistants from leaving for more $$ and prestigious job openings. I think we have a good fan base but when you look at it compared to Bama, OSU, ND, UF, UT, A&M, LSU etc it is not in the same stratosphere.

Recruiting here is not easy. We all love Starkville but most people perceive it as a pretty boring small southern town. We have 3 big schools in state and Bama right down the road. Throw in LSU and it makes it even harder to get the stud in state guys. Any up and coming coach would look at our job and say yea they pay well but if I don't win at possibly the toughest job in the west then what happens? I can stay here at my mid major keep winning and get hired by a blue blood program in a year or two or I can take a shot at this State job.

The only realistic coach that I like right now is Briles, baggage and all. We are too big to be a stepping stone for a great coach and too small to be considered a destination job. It is going to take a very very special coach to come here and win consistently and give us multiple opportunities to win championships.

Poor lil Mississippi State. Where it's too much to ask that the coach actually give a damn.

Todd4State
10-10-2016, 05:30 PM
If we go 3-9 or 4-8 and get hammered by the remaining SEC teams except KY and Dan has to stay for all the many reasons noted, does he get a contract extension? He would have 1 year left on his contract, and certainly a lame duck as an already mediocre recruiter. Opinions?

If he's a lame duck get rid of him. Why keep him around? To dig a deeper hole for the next guy?

msstate7
10-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Thought it would be 2 years left

JoseBrown
10-10-2016, 05:34 PM
I don't hate Mullen at all, but I would fall in that category more than likely in your post. I sincerely believe he wants, and has wanted out of here since we were ranked #1. I think at that point he thought he had earned the chance of getting a higher profile position. When that didn't happen I think he had let enough slide here that he thought he had to get out before a season without Dak. He was scared, I believe, of getting stuck with us. So to me it looks like he made a conscious decision to leave rather than start over here, and that is evidenced by his hiring of Sexton after all we've seen.

So, to change my mind, he would have to undergo a severe 'attitudinal adjustment' and start coaching and recruiting again with the passion it took to get Dak and co. here. Make some moves on the offensive staff, and get back to passionately selling and coaching Miss. State again.

I don't foresee that happening, so I'd like him to go ahead and get out of here. Hope that helps.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 05:34 PM
MSU is the only place I know of where you have to kill the horse and have a horse skeleton to fire the coach.

Not sure when you think we should've fired Mullen. What school on our level would fire a coach after a 10 win or 9 win season?

Goldendawg
10-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Might be two years left. Either way, if not getting an extension last year teed him off and helped bring this dumpster fire, how will a repeat with orders to get rid of his 3 McCorveys bring a more positive situation? Also, what good asst coaches in their right mind would want to join him? You can't make me believe that the constant turnover of D coaches has not hurt our D very badly. Jackie had a staff of older, former Head Coaches his last couple of years and a roster of JC players who didn't complete at SEC levels. This is a mess and we don't need for history to repeat itself. I bet every one of our remaining opponents has us circled as a "W" for them now if not at the beginning of their season. We have really fallen.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 05:44 PM
Might be two years left. Either way, if not getting an extension last year teed him off and helped bring this dumpster fire, how will a repeat with orders to get rid of his 3 McCorveys bring a more positive situation? Also, what good asst coaches in their right mind would want to join him? You can't make me believe that the constant turnover of D coaches has not hurt our D very badly. Jackie had a staff of older, former Head Coaches his last couple of years and a roster of JC players who didn't complete at SEC levels. This is a mess and we don't need for history to repeat itself. I bet every one of our remaining opponents has us circled as a "W" for them now if not at the beginning of their season. We have really fallen.

With all the job openings this year, there will be tons of assistant coaches on the move. Mullen can upgrade his offensive staff if he's willing

Turfdawg67
10-10-2016, 05:45 PM
I don't think Mullen cut Hev off. He might lose his on the field coaching job but he will be part of the program.

Maybe he'll make him recruiting coordinator! ***

Turfdawg67
10-10-2016, 05:48 PM
If my wife smiles at another dude, I'm not divorcing her.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 05:53 PM
If my wife smiles at another dude, I'm not divorcing her.

Poor ol' turfdawg**

Coursesuper
10-10-2016, 05:55 PM

Ding Ding Ding!!! We Have a Winna!

This has become a shit sandwich and we are all going to have to take a big bite. Love him or hate him this is the reality of the situation, we can't fire him, if we do we look like a monkey ****ing a football to the rest of the world, like this or not it's a fact. Mullen is going to extricate himself with the help of Jimmy Sexton, that is the very best outcome we can hope for because it ain't getting fixed on the field, not by this staff, that ship has sailed.

Turfdawg67
10-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Poor ol' turfdawg**

Ha! I was replying to an earlier post... "Anyone here okay with their wife ****ing other guys, but remaining married to you?" I wasn't just feeling sorry for myself!!

msbulldog
10-10-2016, 06:12 PM
After reading all the previous post, all I can say is Hail State!

msstate7
10-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Ha! I was replying to an earlier post... "Anyone here okay with their wife ****ing other guys, but remaining married to you?" I wasn't just feeling sorry for myself!!
I know. I was just replying with the standard "poor ol' miss state", but with a little twist

Spiderman
10-10-2016, 06:36 PM

Not the answer you are looking for but anybody that hates Dan Mullen ,that is a State fan, is an idiot

Todd4State
10-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Not sure when you think we should've fired Mullen. What school on our level would fire a coach after a 10 win or 9 win season?

I don't think we should've fired Mullen. I even said so after the Egg Bowl. Now, if we go 3-9 or 4-8 THIS year I would fire him then but we have to wait and see how the season plays out. But I don't think he has "earned" or "deserves" another year beyond this year if he win 3-4 games. We're literally the only SEC school that has fans that says crap like that.

Giving coaches "earned" and "deserved" years to prove that they don't have it leads to bigger holes to dig out of. Of course we have some fans that haven't learned from Sherrill, I mean Felker, I mean Bellard...

Todd4State
10-10-2016, 06:40 PM

THIS State fan is NOT good ol MSU. This is good to see.

And to answer your question as you already know but for those that don't- bringing Dan back another year is only going to prolong our misery.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Not the answer you are looking for but anybody that hates Dan Mullen ,that is a State fan, is an idiot

I agree.

The fact there's actually state fans comtemplating firing a coach for a down year after winning 10 and 9 the previous years is a compliment of the highest order to Dan Mullen. Mullen has raised the expectations of our fanbase to get us to this point

civildawg
10-10-2016, 06:52 PM
Just because he has raised expectations means we should let him tear them down. I literally can't wrap my head around some of you idiots defending Mullen after Saturday.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Just because he has raised expectations means we should let him tear them down. I literally can't wrap my head around some of you idiots defending Mullen after Saturday.
Some of us "idiots" just think he should get another year... particularly those that would have to fork over the 6-8 million or whatever the buyout is.

Not sure why a differing opinion than yourself makes a person an idiot

civildawg
10-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Well you just agreed to a post that said we were idiots if we want dan gone

yjnkdawg
10-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Yep.

I hope Peterson is an on-field coach. If Mullen doesn't cut ties with the 3 Country Club Boys, and send them on their way, then it is the same old thing. Wash, rinse and repeat.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Well you just agreed to a post that said we were idiots if we want dan gone

Haha... that I did. I agreed with SpiderMan that all state fans should like Mullen even if they're tired of him now. I don't name call on here...

Spiderman
10-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Haha... that I did. I agreed with SpiderMan that all state fans should like Mullen even if they're tired of him now. I don't name call on here...

I didn't say you had to like him, but if you 'hate' him you are an idiot

I seen it dawg
10-10-2016, 07:54 PM
I don't know the guy personally so I don't hate him. I'd sure like to whip his ass for taking $4 million and doing what he's doing.

Corn Bread
10-10-2016, 10:00 PM
I don't know the guy personally so I don't hate him. I'd sure like to whip his ass for taking $4 million and doing what he's doing.

My problem with CDM has centered around his past two December's job shopping. This hurt recruiting, team moral, and fan loyalty. Personally I feel bad for the players and as far as potential recruits this cannot help the cause. With the TSUN debacle on the horizon the timing is disasterous.

GTHOM
10-10-2016, 10:07 PM

He is done here and these will be the last games of his time here. Both sides (I think the anti Mullen side is much bigger) will get what they want. The Pro Mullen crowd will get to see him do the same ol crap hes been doing, and the Mullen Haters will get to see him go. He could win me back if he has the intensity he had vs USCe and beats OM. Neither of those are happening.

BayouDawg
10-10-2016, 10:13 PM
I agree.

The fact there's actually state fans comtemplating firing a coach for a down year after winning 10 and 9 the previous years is a compliment of the highest order to Dan Mullen. Mullen has raised the expectations of our fanbase to get us to this point

There is a huge difference between a down year and completely mailing it in

GTHOM
10-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Ding Ding Ding!!! We Have a Winna!

This has become a shit sandwich and we are all going to have to take a big bite. Love him or hate him this is the reality of the situation, we can't fire him, if we do we look like a monkey ****ing a football to the rest of the world, like this or not it's a fact. Mullen is going to extricate himself with the help of Jimmy Sexton, that is the very best outcome we can hope for because it ain't getting fixed on the field, not by this staff, that ship has sailed.

Why do people give a shit what anyone else thinks about us??? Look on the field and look at Dans effort and attitude, thats why he needs to be fired. He doesnt wanna be here, we shouldnt be scared to do whats really best for us because of what the media will say

confucius say
10-10-2016, 11:22 PM

Actually I agree completely. I'm reserving judgment until the end of the year, although I think the writing is on the wall. But if Mullen leaves, I'll be appreciative of what he did in his time here and all of us should be.

dawgday166
10-11-2016, 07:59 AM
I don't hate Dan. But I'm done with him as coach unless we win out this year. Of course if he does that he'll probably have a new gig next year.

I'm tired of watching teams that just show up and barely go through the motions. And since the end of 2014 that has happened quite frequently (although I never anticipated what has happened to that extent this year).

When I want to watch Jr. High football, I go to the local Jr. High game.

Coursesuper
10-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Why do people give a shit what anyone else thinks about us??? Look on the field and look at Dans effort and attitude, thats why he needs to be fired. He doesnt wanna be here, we shouldnt be scared to do whats really best for us because of what the media will say

Hiring the next coach and getting a high quality coach will be impossible if we fire a guy that has won 19 games over the last two years. Good candidates will stay away in droves.

PassInterference
10-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Someone just needs to force ******* hand on some staff firings. It has gotten beyond ridiculous that Hev is still here.

He needs to make some changes. The fact that he's got be be forced to do that means its time for Dan to go.

Its like forcing someone to say they're sorry. They're not sorry. Its a lost cause.

If Dan with his own initiative decided to make recruiting a primary focus, cut the obvious weak recruiting links on staff, hired some good recruiters, and made amends with boosters - I'd be on board.

BB30
10-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Poor lil Mississippi State. Where it's too much to ask that the coach actually give a damn.

Ha Ha if you got a Poor lil Miss State out of that I can't help you. Every single thing I stated is absolute fact. That is not me saying we don't deserve or can't find the right fit. It is simply stating the situation we are in. IMO 4 mill a year should be enough motivation to do the best you possibly can at every part of your job. If nothing I stated is fact then feel free to correct whatever it was that wasn't. You can say prior history is not a good indicator blah blah blah if that is the case then why have we historically save a few years been a cellar dweller in football? Why have we not been able to have sustained marginal success over a 10 year period? I am not talking about winning national championships simply having average to above average seasons in the SEC for a sustained period of time? At the rate we are going we catch lightning in a bottle about once or twice every 20 years. I am not a generally negative person by any means just looking at facts. It is not that much to ask of a coach to do his best while he is employed here and for what ever reason we are not getting that out of Dan currently. I still don't know if we can or should fire him after this season.

Really Clark?
10-11-2016, 09:10 AM
My problem with CDM has centered around his past two December's job shopping. This hurt recruiting, team moral, and fan loyalty. Personally I feel bad for the players and as far as potential recruits this cannot help the cause. With the TSUN debacle on the horizon the timing is disasterous.

There was absolutely no job shopping the last 2 years. You want to say last year, that's fine but there was nothing the year before. So it hasn't been the last 2 December's.

Turfdawg67
10-11-2016, 09:42 AM
There was absolutely no job shopping the last 2 years. You want to say last year, that's fine but there was nothing the year before. So it hasn't been the last 2 December's.

I've noticed this a lot since I've started reading this board. Someone posts something... someone else repeats it and soon it becomes gospel. It happened a lot during OM investigation speculation.

MadDawg
10-11-2016, 11:49 AM
What he can do to save him self with me
1. Come out and say he is 100% committed to our program.
2. Beat Bama and Ole Miss this year.
3. After the Ole Miss game in his presser say I will not Pursue or interview for any other jobs period.

LMAO

Corn Bread
10-12-2016, 07:14 AM

Stand corrected! Last years tour did hurt. Mullen has done great things for this program overall.

fishwater99
10-12-2016, 08:20 AM

If he didn't shop after 2014, then he sure as Hell should have.. That's not what the national media was saying..

Really Clark?
10-12-2016, 09:42 AM
If he didn't shop after 2014, then he sure as Hell should have.. That's not what the national media was saying..

They were not saying anything like that. Some was trying to link him to Florida just because he had been there before. He and Florida both more than shot that stuff down. Just a fabrication he was looking in 2014.