PDA

View Full Version : Fitz

MaroonFlounder
10-10-2016, 11:48 AM
If he is really the cancer on this team, and is such a jerk, and nobody likes him, and guys are dropping passes or not blocking intentionally....then he needs to go. He is a Soph. And that means there will be 2 more years of this shit after this season.

Enough already. I like Fitz and what he can do, but we need a LEADER at QB.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 11:52 AM
If guys are dropping passes and not blocking intentionally, they need to go.

mparkerfd20
10-10-2016, 12:02 PM

THIS!!

Sacrifice
10-10-2016, 12:07 PM
No doubt, if there not giving 100% because they don't like somebody, there ass needs to be on the bench!
What's gonna happen if they get drafted to the NFL and they don't like a teammate or they get a job and don't like a coworker? They need to bow up, it's about the team

MaroonFlounder
10-10-2016, 12:13 PM
This season is in the crapper anyway. I'd say it's Tiano time. He has been the only QB that has displayed ANYTHING CLOSE to the leadership that Dak had. Williams will not do interviews and he stands on the sideline with the headset on looking like he is a million miles away.

blacklistedbully
10-10-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm not convinced players dislike Fitz. I just don't see a player torpedoing his own spot in order to maybe make a teammate look bad.

When a WR drops a pass, it makes the WR look bad...not Fitz. When an OL misses a block it makes the OL look bad...not Fitz.

I suspect this, "Fitz is disliked" stuff is a baseless rumor started by some frustrated fans looking for someone to blame for this shit-tastic season, and it just got legs.

MaroonFlounder
10-10-2016, 12:23 PM
The ultimate blame is Mullen.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result." - Einstein.

DawgFromOxford
10-10-2016, 12:25 PM
I suspect this, "Fitz is disliked" stuff is a baseless rumor started by some frustrated fans looking for someone to blame for this shit-tastic season, and it just got legs.

Fitz is definitely disliked. It's not a rumor, it's a true statement. But I also don't believe players are willing to sacrifice their position or possible draft stock just because they don't like him.

Csdog
10-10-2016, 12:26 PM
If the coaches have determined that he is our best QB, then if the others " don't want to play for him" he should bench them.Otherwise,the coaches will never get control of the team back.

bulldawg28
10-10-2016, 12:28 PM
I want you guys to pay attention and consider this. Go back and watch a few games to see how many times players pick Fitz up after he's tackled. It's eye opening. Dak would be picked up by teamates and even the refs he eds so respected on the field. Players don't like Fitz but they should play to win regardless.

bulldawg28
10-10-2016, 12:32 PM
From a team chemistry perspective my opinion is the players wanted Staley. They respected him despite what fans say and thought of him.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 12:34 PM
From a team chemistry perspective my opinion is the players wanted Staley. They respected him despite what fans say and thought of him.

I'm at the point where I don't mind if they follow Staley

confucius say
10-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Our offensive line got called out last year by former ol's beckwith and day for not picking dak up. It didn't just start this year.

As an aside, what I'd give to have beckwith and day back. Geez.

RIdog
10-10-2016, 12:38 PM

Amen !

GTHOM
10-10-2016, 12:39 PM
It doesnt matter who the QB is we are a poorly coached, poorly prepared football team. Fitz should still start but Tiano should be given every opportunity to beat him. Williams aint beating anyone

confucius say
10-10-2016, 12:39 PM
This whole thread just speaks to the immaturity of our team. Players whining over facial hair articles, throat slashes down 35-7, guys wagging their finger after a play when they've been beaten all year, cheap shots on kickers, zero leadership, bitching at former players on Twitter, retweeting Brandon walker tweets about playing time. Bunch of 7th grade girls.

BB30
10-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Guys will play harder subconsciously for someone who they feel is a leader and a winner you see it all of the time in just about every sport. Playing baseball, and being on a lot of teams you can tell when a team doesn't have confidence in the guy they are running out on the mound and it shows defensively behind him. It is no different in football. If you don't trust a guy or think he is the best option you will subconsciously make errors and mistakes such as dropped passes etc. I do not think they are intentionally making these mistakes, I think it is just natural when you don't have confidence in the guy that is leading the team. Same can be said for our coach and a lack of confidence in him as well.

bulldawg28
10-10-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm at the point where I don't mind if they follow Staley

Shit..I hope he comes back and gets this team going forward. Nothing will change next year with Fitz next year from a team chemistry perspective.

Homedawg
10-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Shit..I hope he comes back and gets this team going forward. Nothing will change next year with Fitz next year from a team chemistry perspective.

We've got lots of problems. And none of the answers include Staley

basedog
10-10-2016, 01:03 PM
If I was Fitz, I'd be trying to rip Rankin's head off, no way would I a take a beaten without a bunch of folks knowing about it. Same with dropped passes, I'd been on some ass! QB's are leaders and should take charge when things go bad and raise some hell, Dak did it many times!

BankerDog
10-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Team wants Tiano to play. Fitz worries more about being Mr. Frat Star then playing QB in the SEC.

Bass Chaser
10-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Our offensive line got called out last year by former ol's beckwith and day for not picking dak up. It didn't just start this year.

As an aside, what I'd give to have beckwith and day back. Geez.

Yep read about it many times. Staley's not even getting on the field in JUCO ball.

confucius say
10-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Guys will play harder subconsciously for someone who they feel is a leader and a winner you see it all of the time in just about every sport. Playing baseball, and being on a lot of teams you can tell when a team doesn't have confidence in the guy they are running out on the mound and it shows defensively behind him. It is no different in football. If you don't trust a guy or think he is the best option you will subconsciously make errors and mistakes such as dropped passes etc. I do not think they are intentionally making these mistakes, I think it is just natural when you don't have confidence in the guy that is leading the team. Same can be said for our coach and a lack of confidence in him as well.

I can buy that on the making mistakes part. But lack of effort and quitting on plays?

tireddawg
10-10-2016, 01:13 PM
What's gonna happen if they get drafted to the NFL

Don't think you gotta worry about that

confucius say
10-10-2016, 01:15 PM
If I was Fitz, I'd be trying to rip Rankin's head off, no way would I a take a beaten without a bunch of folks knowing about it. Same with dropped passes, I'd been on some ass! QB's are leaders and should take charge when things go bad and raise some hell, Dak did it many times!

That only works when the players respect you and know, without question, you are the leader. Dak had that Bc he was in the film room more than half our coaches and out-worked and out-prepared everybody and everybody knew it.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-10-2016, 01:26 PM
Fitz just seems like the easy scapegoat by everyone saying he is disliked. It won't matter who the quarterback is because this team has taken Mullen's identity and just checked out. No one looks like they want to be here anymore.

mcain31
10-10-2016, 01:42 PM

If Fitz did that, he'd get 5 lookout blocks. His OL doesn't respect or like him

Jack Lambert
10-10-2016, 01:47 PM

"The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result." - Einstein.

"Every now and then a guy who drive a Dodge likes to close his eyes and imagine it's a Ferrari."-Al Bundy

msbulldog
10-10-2016, 01:50 PM

^^^^THIS^^^^^

msbulldog
10-10-2016, 02:04 PM
It's not on Fitz or the linemen or anybody else on this team. These guys are basically teenagers 18 - 22 years old, this is on the coaching staff, losing this team. I never thought I'd say this about Mullen, but maybe the last 3 years Dak had control of the team?
I did meet Tiano Saturday evening after the game. He was having dinner with family and friends, a very nice young man and gave time to fans.

jumbo
10-10-2016, 02:22 PM
I just want Fitz to learn how to read a defense. He needs to stop making his mind up pre snap where he's going with the ball.

bulldawg28
10-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Team wants Tiano to play. Fitz worries more about being Mr. Frat Star then playing QB in the SEC.

If that's the consensus he should start immediately.

Maroonthirteen
10-10-2016, 02:50 PM

Bingo. The kids on campus tell their parents nobody likes him because of BS drama. Dumb things like..."he is arrogant. he wore football shirts everyday to class. He wanted everyone to know he was a football player."

"I saw him in the union. He didn't speak to me."
Emm State fans....smh.

DudyDawg
10-10-2016, 02:54 PM
Bingo. The kids on campus tell their parents nobody likes him because of BS drama. Dumb things like..."he is arrogant. he wore football shirts everyday to class. He wanted everyone to know he was a football player."

"I saw him in the union. He didn't speak to me."
Emm State fans....smh.

How deep in the sand is your head? Surprised you get wifi down there

Maroonthirteen
10-10-2016, 03:02 PM
How deep in the sand is your head? Surprised you get wifi down there

The things I quoted. I heard a dumb MFer behind me repeating to others.

As far as in the sand, I don't know what exactly you know. I agree he isn't the leader Dak was but....who is? State fans are coming down way to hard on him and nit picking everything he is doing. Same wsy they did in Bonds last year, Taite every year and Madkins last year.

bulldawg28
10-10-2016, 04:32 PM
The things I quoted. I heard a dumb MFer behind me repeating to others.

As far as in the sand, I don't know what exactly you know. I agree he isn't the leader Dak was but....who is? State fans are coming down way to hard on him and nit picking everything he is doing. Same wsy they did in Bonds last year, Taite every year and Madkins last year.

I've heard from football players he isn't liked. However, wearing football shirts to class is comfortable and for the chicks. Not speaking to you......Hmmm. Did you say hi?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-10-2016, 04:33 PM
yep, this!

the59dawg
10-10-2016, 04:36 PM
I'll bet Ross has dropped more passes this yr than all of 2015 games. Myles is even worse having dropped at least 7 passes that I have seen; 5 in one game. After he did not play last game, Myles comes in to play and what does he do, he drops the first pass, catches another and then drops another.

basedog
10-10-2016, 04:40 PM
If Fitz did that, he'd get 5 lookout blocks. His OL doesn't respect or like him

Those 5 would be digging a football out there ass. I'm only speaking what I would do. I played QB, no doubt Fitz lacks on field leadership, regardless if players don't like someone it's still a team sport.
Rankin stood around all day without much effort, I was shocked he wasn't benched! Oh we have others but he was by far the worse Saturday.

chef dixon
10-10-2016, 06:19 PM
How come no one will just state the fact that he isn't any good?

blacklistedbully
10-11-2016, 01:07 AM
How come no one will just state the fact that he isn't any good?

Maybe because he has shown signs of having the tools to be great on a read-option offense?

Todd4State
10-11-2016, 02:23 AM
The irony to me is you allegedly have all of these players complaining about Fitz's partying and being arrogant- and yet I guarantee you that they ALL party to a degree and then you have some off them complaining about freaking Bob Carskadon putting together something about their beards.

They need to get a life and focus on getting their game better and not worrying about what the QB is doing.

Todd4State
10-11-2016, 02:25 AM
Maybe because he has shown signs of having the tools to be great on a read-option offense?

Other than Ross I think he's our best player. The guy has no running game other than himself, he has smurfs at WR, and no o-line. What do people expect the guy to look like with that combination?

bulldawg28
10-11-2016, 04:39 AM
Other than Ross I think he's our best player. The guy has no running game other than himself, he has smurfs at WR, and no o-line. What do people expect the guy to look like with that combination?

Chris Relf had smurf WR's

mcain31
10-11-2016, 07:16 AM
I've given up on this season. I'm looking forward to basketball season.

Oleo
10-11-2016, 07:38 AM

I think this is exactly whats going on... I will add that this isnt Fitz fault, this is reflection of coaching