PDA

View Full Version : The Glory Year-2014

MaxedOutMaroon
10-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Since this year is going so poorly and hope is hanging on by the weakest thread, I went back and watched extended highlights of the Bama game in 2014. We were the best team in the country that year. We were better than Bama overall. We would not have lost to Ole Miss if we beat Bama. If Dak did not throw two of those three interceptions, we could've had at least two more field goals and better momentum. Not playing the what ifs as much as I noticed how much we lost in talent and in leadership. Talent-P Smith, Jrob, Dak, Wells, J Lewis, D Day, McKinney, M Johnson and the list goes on. Leadership-Dak, Turtle, P Smith, D Day, Market, and so on. it seems Mullen has been in a slump since then. He went through the motions on recruiting the last two years and has focus on things outside of football. If he cannot snap out of this slump before the end of the season, I'm ready to move on. If he can, I back him up 100% because he has proven he can produce wins. The one game he came out with fire and caused his team to come out on fire against USCe, we dominated (one half). Here's your chance to produce effective leaders and players, now do it, Mullen.

fishwater99
10-10-2016, 11:02 AM
We lost 3 of last 4 games. Your glory year didn't end well. We were not the best team in the country. Take off the maroon colored glasses.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 11:07 AM
We lost 3 of last 4 games. Your glory year didn't end well. We were not the best team in the country. Take off the maroon colored glasses.

While I don't think we were the best team in '14, I do think we were much better than our finish.

Why do our fans always tear us down? We don't need a rival... we rip us more than om

MaxedOutMaroon
10-10-2016, 11:14 AM

While you may be right and I may be overly optimistic about the season, I do think we were good enough to make the playoff. I am sorry if my positivity offends you.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2016, 11:15 AM
While I don't think we were the best team in '14, I do think we were much better than our finish.

Why do our fans always tear us down? We don't need a rival... we rip us more than om

It's the Miss State way unless your talking about the 1980 Bama vs MSU game when the Memorial Stadium seated 400k plus that day.

PassInterference
10-10-2016, 11:19 AM

I think we just lacked a few more depth players. It hurt A LOT when Lewis got hurt. We had nothing to replace him with.

GTHOM
10-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Mullen did what Mullen does and coached scared in big games and not even Dak could bail us out. Yes Dak threw some INTs it wasnt his best game but we def had a shot. Mullen panicked in the first half and went with the 1Bs in crunch time and we couldnt stop Sims on 3 3rd downs. Mullen has since quit on us and is sticking it to us this year