PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports analyst says Dak MVP candidate.

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Dieter Kurdenbach (probably horribly misspelled) tweeted this:

It seems ridiculous to not put No. 9 back in once he?s healthy ? Romo was an MVP candidate the last time he played a full season.

But Prescott is an MVP candidate right now.

dawgoneyall
10-09-2016, 10:28 PM
Dieter Kurdenbach (probably horribly misspelled) tweeted this:

It seems ridiculous to not put No. 9 back in once he?s healthy ? Romo was an MVP candidate the last time he played a full season.

But Prescott is an MVP candidate right now.

Romo is a proven very, very good QB. He is at this point better than Dak.....or as of last year??
It won't hurt Dak one bit to sit back once Romo returns and observe and learn. Take a breath so to speak.
I know people give romo hell but he is a very above average QB...an elite QB.

As far a Dak baby steps, baby steps. A little pause won't hurt anything.
Besides Roma will get hurt again.

MetEdDawg
10-09-2016, 10:32 PM
He should be. 7 total TDs, no interceptions. 4-1 record with over 1,200 yards passing through 5 games. On pace for close to 4,000 passing yards.

If he continues this, how could he not be? I think a lot of people in the NFL don't like being wrong and about 99% of them look wrong on Dak. Gonna take time for them to come around. Not saying he's the next Russell Wilson but it's taken the NFL community time to come around on him. Hope the same happens for Dak.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Here's the article
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys-stats-score-bengals-nfl-mvp-elliott-rookie-of-year-100916

Op4isabitch
10-09-2016, 11:24 PM
The thing I'd argue in favor of keeping Dak as the starter right now is that the team has rallied behind him, look at all the tweets from guys like Dez and J Whitten.

Why mess with a successful formula, they seem to be firing on all cylinders right now.

Maybe I'm missing the reason for inserting Romo.

dawgday166
10-10-2016, 06:52 AM
Romo is a proven very, very good QB. He is at this point better than Dak.....or as of last year??
It won't hurt Dak one bit to sit back once Romo returns and observe and learn. Take a breath so to speak.

Elite is a little strong IMO. I tend to reserve elite to Brady, Rogers, Brees, etc. Guys who are exceptional AND win playoff games/SBs.

RocketDawg
10-10-2016, 07:03 AM
Elite is a little strong IMO. I tend to reserve elite to Brady, Rogers, Brees, etc. Guys who are exceptional AND win playoff games/SBs.

E. Manning also?

I agree though ... he probably will be "elite" some day but it's pretty much by definition going to take some time.

Maroonthirteen
10-10-2016, 07:18 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As has been said, every present and past player has rallied behind Dak. The Cowboys are 4-1. Dak deserves the opportunity to keep it going. Also, you have the injury excuse to keep Romo on the sideline even he is ready to go. I think you allow Dak to keep going until he loses or screws up or both. If you put Romo in and he loses to the eagles.....there will be a huge controversy. From what I hear, everyone....fans, local media are behind Dak at the moment.

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2016, 07:28 AM
I think everybody knows Dak is the better choice. Besides his stellar passing he has demonstrated, Dak also gives the offense the run threat. Everybody knows Romo is not going to run. He'll just be out there trying to not to have a season ending injury just dropping back to pass. That's one less thing an opposing defense has to prepare for. This is Dak's team now whether everybody likes it or wants to admit it or not. Romo just needs to find him a model somewhere to bang and collect that nice paycheck holding a clipboard.

GreenheadDawg
10-10-2016, 08:13 AM
Dak brings an element to the offense that Romo can't. Teams have to be concerned with stopping the run from BOTH Dak and Elliot, instead of just keying in on Elliot if Romo is in there. I don't see how you pull Dak at this point. I think Romo's "rehab" will be delayed

MaxedOutMaroon
10-10-2016, 09:26 AM

Proven to win 1 playoff game in his veteran career and could have a worse interception number than Eli if he wasn't hurt so much.

hailstate88
10-10-2016, 11:42 AM
He's almost up there with Brady on most passes without an interception. As someone mentioned above, the team has started to rally behind Dak and that gives him confidence. He is doing much much better than what everyone expected, but he isnt an MVP candidate.