PDA

View Full Version : Dak needs 8 more pass attempts w/o an INT next week to break Brady's record.

DancingRabbit
10-09-2016, 08:57 PM
After sitting on the bench for a year, Brady started his career 16 years ago with 162 passes without an interception.

Dak finished today's game with 155 attempts. Great game by Dak today. His reads, passing and game management were close to perfect. His only blemish on the day was giving up a fumble, and that was his fault - waited in the pocket too long and didn't feel the pressure coming.

I was a Cowboys fan before I became a Bulldog fan, so Dak's success has helped off-set my disappointment with our Bulldogs.

Also, was great to see Big Play Slay win the game for Detroit and end Wentz's interception-free run.

maroonmania
10-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Well thanks for jinxing it.***

Mjoelner34
10-09-2016, 08:59 PM
I thought it was pretty funny when Phil Simms said "Well, at least now they'll have something to yell at him about in the film session."

MetEdDawg
10-10-2016, 12:04 AM
The amazing thing I took away from what has transpired was what the Bengals said. They watched every throw he's made in the NFL during their film study and said there wasn't one bad passing decision among any of his throws.

That's some high praise for a rookie.

BayouDawg
10-10-2016, 12:22 AM
What Dak has done is amazing. I thought for sure he wasn't ready to start in the league and that he needed atleast to years to sit behind veteran and learn. The guy is just a winner at whatever he puts his mind to. He's a special breed and I miss seeing him in the maroon and white.

defiantdog
10-10-2016, 06:40 AM
Dak is as good as it gets and it shows by how bad our team is this year. But unfortunately, they'll give the job back to Romo. It might get interesting in the next few weeks especially if Dak beats Green Bay.

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2016, 06:46 AM
Was it Henig that needed one pass attempt to break the MSU record and the first pass he through in the next game was right to the defender? I remember everybody on the boards were joking he should snap the ball on the first play of the game and throw it in the stands. I hope Dak takes his first 8 attempts and throws extrememly safe passes and doesn't try to force anything. I'd like to see him get that record.

RocketDawg
10-10-2016, 07:00 AM
I think he gets the record. But I don't really expect him to play safe in doing it. We'll see next weekend I suppose.

Best I can recall, so far all of Dallas's games have been shown on local television. Not sure if that's because it's "America's Team" or just coincidence that the Falcons or Titans don't have a conflicting game. Hope it keeps up though, for whatever reason.

Brad Stevens
10-10-2016, 07:12 AM
That was Wesley Carroll.

oldtrickdawg
10-10-2016, 07:22 AM
Laudable performance for a kid from a school"nobody ever heard of." One of my golf buddies, Dallas fan, commented at breakfast last week..Needless to say I brought him into the real world on that one with some "stuff" he did not know re that never heard of...We ought to give some love to that OL play..Has been outstanding thus far...Let's be proud for the moment; nobody is more surprised than I...at the growth,that is of DP....Not a silk purse from a sow's ear but close IMHO....Major stage and dealing with it....can you say Johnny Manziel ?

Tbonewannabe
10-10-2016, 09:01 AM
He needs around 70 passes (212) for the all time Cowboys record held by Troy Aikman in 1999. The most Romo has ever done is around 170.

defiantdog
10-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Laudable performance for a kid from a school"nobody ever heard of." One of my golf buddies, Dallas fan, commented at breakfast last week..Needless to say I brought him into the real world on that one with some "stuff" he did not know re that never heard of...We ought to give some love to that OL play..Has been outstanding thus far...Let's be proud for the moment; nobody is more surprised than I...at the growth,that is of DP....Not a silk purse from a sow's ear but close IMHO....Major stage and dealing with it....can you say Johnny Manziel ?
I'm not gonna lie..... my brain hurts from reading this.

DancingRabbit
10-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Dak continues to say all the right things.

On potentially breaking the Brady record:

"It's a record," Prescott said after Sunday's 28-14 win. "It is meant to be broken. If I don't break it, I'm sure someone else will. It's not anything I think about going into the game. I'll allow y'all [reporters] to have fun with those things."

hailstate88
10-10-2016, 11:46 AM
He'll break the record and i Think he'll prob add a little to it. Just hopes he throws those next 8 passes all to Cole Beasley for my fantasy team

statedawg1994
10-10-2016, 11:54 AM
He'll break the record and i Think he'll prob add a little to it. Just hopes he throws those next 8 passes all to Cole Beasley for my fantasy team

LOL forget Basley I need Dez back

Hot Rock
10-10-2016, 03:20 PM
I could use someone on my team... Wait, I need RB's in this league and WR's in another league that I am in.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2016, 03:23 PM
That was Wesley Carroll.

Wasn't he the red headed west coast offensive qb from Florida? I think Dak gets the record.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Was it Henig that needed one pass attempt to break the MSU record and the first pass he through in the next game was right to the defender? I remember everybody on the boards were joking he should snap the ball on the first play of the game and throw it in the stands. I hope Dak takes his first 8 attempts and throws extrememly safe passes and doesn't try to force anything. I'd like to see him get that record.

It would be nice..but he already has the rookie record. this is best start by any player since Brady wasn't a rookie somehow?

The next records are best stretch of any period for the cowboys.
"Prescott still has a ways to go to set the Cowboys' record by any quarterback. Troy Aikman went 216 attempts without an interception in 1999. Aikman had a string of 184 passes in 1995, and Tony Romo had a string of 174 passes without a pick in 2013."

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Wasn't he the red headed west coast offensive qb from Florida? I think Dak gets the record.

Yes. Transferred out to FIU once Tyson Lee took over ahttp://hailstate.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=513

"Opened his collegiate career by throwing 137 consecutive passes without an interception, one attempt away from the NCAA record for the record by a freshman at the beginning of his career"

oldtrickdawg
10-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Hey, defiant one, what part of my compliment gave you the head ache ?

smootness
10-10-2016, 05:53 PM
That was Wesley Carroll.

I laughed pretty hard at the thought of Henig approaching a record for not throwing an INT.

IMissJack
10-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Wentz from Philly also did not have an INT as a rookie until Dak's fellow bulldog Slay picked him off...

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Hey, defiant one, what part of my compliment gave you the head ache ?

It's called sentence structure. not a run on sentence

Spiderman
10-10-2016, 08:49 PM

Yes, and won us a bowl game.

Never could figure out why he left, His style was a good fit with Mullen.

oldtrickdawg
10-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Scooba, I doubt defiant one was bothered by grammar unless you are posting as two people...If so, you two, or you together, must have a constant head ache reading sports boards....I have you know I passed an English proficiency exam while I was a student at Moo U...My room mate did not ; so there..I'll try to use proper sentence structure in the future; and, punctuation.

I still think the kid made a miraculous transformation from almost invisible college recruit to Dallas Cowboy's quarterback. And, to my point, he has not, up to the moment, embarrassed us like the Manziels of the league. We're getting at least 10 million dollars of free, positive publicity from Dak's success...