PDA

View Full Version : Here is something I like to discuss and get your opinions.

Jack Lambert
10-09-2016, 08:03 PM
First game-We win the first half but lose the second half

Second game- we win the first half but lose the second half

Third game- lose the first half but win the second half

Fourth game- lose the first half but win the second half

Fifth game- lose the first half but win the second half.

Why can't we put a whole game together?

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Some of that really doesn't hold water, LSU and Auburn really shut it down in the second half, so those can't be looked at as winning the second half.

Dawg4Life
10-09-2016, 08:14 PM

Only the fourth game against UMass wasn't a blowout in the making. Everyone turned the TV off at the half of the other games. Now, don't get me wrong, USA came back and stunned us but everyone thought it was over. The same can be said of the other games. One team lets up and the other doesn't. We let up against USA and USC. LSU and Auburn lost interest due to the first half beat down. The UMass game didn't have this element. Frankly, it was a game between two pretty even teams. We played a better second half. You can't take anything away from the other games except one team let up.

Jack Lambert
10-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Some of that really doesn't hold water, LSU and Auburn really shut it down in the second half, so those can't be looked at as winning the second half.

LSU was 20 to 3 our way

Auburn was 14 to 3 our way

They did not shut us down.

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 08:27 PM
LSU was 20 to 3 our way

Auburn was 14 to 3 our way

They did not shut us down.

They shut their game down. They sat on the lead and played base D and O for the half.

Jack Lambert
10-09-2016, 08:31 PM
They shut their game down. They sat on the lead and played base D and O for the half.

So is that's what we did when we were leading after the 1st half in the games we were winning?

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Well, we did against SC, we completely step on our dick against USA as for umass it was kinda all over the place.

Jack Lambert
10-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Well, we did against SC, we completely step on our dick against USA as for umass it was kinda all over the place.

I do agree with that. I just hope we don't jump out to a lead against BYU and then get disinterested. If we play two half's we will win. I don't know the mental state of the team but we do have more talent and are deeper with our talent. We should win don't know if we will.

Boston
10-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Because we have a mentally weak football program.

Jack Lambert
10-09-2016, 09:09 PM

So if I understand you correctly LSU and Auburn got disinterested but we are just mentally weak or was LSU and Auburn also mentally weak losing the second half to us?

Goldendawg
10-09-2016, 09:36 PM
IMO, our "talent" is very low right now compared to most of our fellow SEC teams. If we have some comparable talent, Dan continues to not give them a chance. Look at the offer sheets of all three of our QB's and of course our OL. I think we have some talent on D that could play on other teams, but they have a revolving door with their DC and position coaches. Add this to a HC that has checked out and you have a disaster on your hands. The incoming class heavy with JC players is also a recipe for disaster. I hope they are better than 4 Star #1 OT, Jenkins (maybe it's not his fault as he is being "coached" by Hev. What few good players we have already in the system will resent it if they get immediate playing time (See Jackie's last year). Was Sirmon even a fulltime DC before Dan found him? No D coaches want to stick with Dan, reminds me of Jackie having trouble finding good coaches in his last years.

BulldogBear
10-09-2016, 11:51 PM
I do agree with that. I just hope we don't jump out to a lead against BYU and then get disinterested. If we play two half's we will win. I don't know the mental state of the team but we do have more talent and are deeper with our talent. We should win don't know if we will.

If one team is up say 28-6 or so at the half Friday night to facilitate letting down in the second half, I advise you against betting it will be BYU with the 6.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 11:59 PM
I think it's game by game basis:

South Alabama- We got a big lead because we are way more talented than they are plus at that time the unknown at DC so they had no defensive film on us other than the spring scrimmage but we coasted too much in the second half because we lack leadership and it got away from us at the end.

South Carolina- We came out motivated because of what happened in game one and dominated the first half. Then we had a long delay because of a lightning strike in Tishomingo County and we just coasted the second half for the most part.

LSU- We were getting dominated because LSU has more talent and we lack leadership but they never could put up huge numbers because they had a lame duck coach themselves along with their own problems. We got back into it because of a score in garbage time followed up by an onside kick recovery but then when the chips were down LSU turned up the pressure again and three and out.

UMass- They're terrible. Sloppy game all around but they don't have the athletes or scheme to beat us and then they threw a pick six which gave us enough cushion to win convincingly.

Auburn- Comparable talent to LSU but without the issues that LSU had at the time and then they coasted in the second half since they were up 35-0.

Todd4State
10-10-2016, 12:07 AM
IMO, our "talent" is very low right now compared to most of our fellow SEC teams. If we have some comparable talent, Dan continues to not give them a chance. Look at the offer sheets of all three of our QB's and of course our OL. I think we have some talent on D that could play on other teams, but they have a revolving door with their DC and position coaches. Add this to a HC that has checked out and you have a disaster on your hands. The incoming class heavy with JC players is also a recipe for disaster. I hope they are better than 4 Star #1 OT, Jenkins (maybe it's not his fault as he is being "coached" by Hev. What few good players we have already in the system will resent it if they get immediate playing time (See Jackie's last year). Was Sirmon even a fulltime DC before Dan found him? No D coaches want to stick with Dan, reminds me of Jackie having trouble finding good coaches in his last years.

I think you are correct in general. I think most of our talent is from the younger guys but most of them aren't getting a chance to play. Lee could probably help us out some at running back. Dear has been MIA for the most part. Deddrick Thomas has been MIA after South Alabama where he scored a touchdown. Couch leads the WR's in YPC but doesn't play very much. Farrod Green looked good against UMass. On the o-line I'd like to see Michael Story and Harrison Moon get some more reps at least to see what we have there and I have heard some good things about Stewart Reese and Greg Eiland but they are redshirting I believe. I'd like to see more Fletcher Adams on the defensive side of the ball and Leo and Simmons both look like All-SEC potential type guys plus Gerri Green is still a sophomore. McLaurin is starting to play more and Peters is extremely athletic. I'd like to see what Chris Stamps could possibly give us as well. Mixon of course looked good against Auburn.

scottycameron
10-10-2016, 09:14 AM
This whole concept of winning and losing halfs that Dan created after the eggbowl beatdown is retarded. We gonna start breaking it down into quarters next?

the59dawg
10-10-2016, 09:32 AM

This trend just didn't start this yr. the last 5 or so games last yr starting with La Tech we stumbled out the gate looking like we forgot what football was. We pulled a couple out but lost the 2 of last 3

msbulldog
10-10-2016, 10:49 AM

If the team is mentally weak, it is the fault of our esteemed coaching staff!