PDA

View Full Version : Mullen buyout

msstate7
10-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Saw this on SPS by FightingIrish...

"Per David Murray.........
Mullen's agent wanted to renegotiate his buyout structure last year, and we refused. Now Mullen has hired a new agent. Seems like Someone is ready to get the hell out of town, and he can take John Hevesey with him!!!"

Tbonewannabe
10-09-2016, 04:56 PM
So was Mullen wanting to lower his buyout he would have to pay or increase how much we would have to pay to fire him?

Drugdog
10-09-2016, 04:57 PM
I guess Murray doesn't know the talent we lost according to you. You will catch on.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Assuming this is true, Mullen likely gone. My first 2 calls are fritz (Tulane) and Montgomery (Tulsa)

msstate7
10-09-2016, 05:00 PM
I guess Murray doesn't know the talent we lost according to you. You will catch on.

I'm nothing special, dude... you're wasting your time being my paparazzi.

Tbonewannabe
10-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Something changed if Mullen changed to Jimmy Sexton. Not hard to figure out Mullen didn't get an extension and then changed agents. Obviously Dan's agent either screwed up finding him a new job or getting the extension, possibly both.

GreenheadDawg
10-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Assuming this is true, Mullen likely gone. My first 2 calls are fritz (Tulane) and Montgomery (Tulsa)

One can only hope.

TrapGame
10-09-2016, 05:26 PM
If Dan has lost David Murray it's serious.

dawgclub99
10-09-2016, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty sure he has already lost Murray. Let's see how long it takes Steve, Paul and some of those guys to turn on him.

gtowndawg
10-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Now we know why we have pouty Dan. He didn't get what he wanted so he will teach us!

basedog
10-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Damn, I sure would hate to see IYOK leave ED. There goes the inside sources!

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 06:40 PM
I'm pretty sure he has already lost Murray. Let's see how long it takes Steve, Paul and some of those guys to turn on him.

They won't publicly. They need access.

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Anything that gets Hev out of town is a good thing. Maybe we can get a coach in that can let our linemen know it's ok to come out of your stance when the ball is snapped.

msstatelp1
10-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Something changed if Mullen changed to Jimmy Sexton. Not hard to figure out Mullen didn't get an extension and then changed agents. Obviously Dan's agent either screwed up finding him a new job or getting the extension, possibly both.

according to the same thread, Mullen's previous agent was the same one Megan used when she was at the Golf Channel and was more of a TV Media type agent. He changed to Sexton who is focused on Sports.

bobtail bob
10-09-2016, 09:10 PM
So was Mullen wanting to lower his buyout he would have to pay or increase how much we would have to pay to fire him?

Sounds like he was working something out with someone and the buyout he would have to pay us was something his suitors didn't want to pony it up.
He had us by the balls basically. Pay it or he would mail it in. Which is what is happening. This whole situation is toxic.

klong-dog
10-09-2016, 09:31 PM
If all of this is true, it's very disturbing. We've all known Mullen is one that is very egotistical and super hard headed. If this is indeed true, it's about to get real ugly.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Sounds like he was working something out with someone and the buyout he would have to pay us was something his suitors didn't want to pony it up.
He had us by the balls basically. Pay it or he would mail it in. Which is what is happening. This whole situation is toxic.

Buyouts are usually negotiable. Most programs don’t want to keep a coach that doesn’t want to be around because the crap we’re seeing now so if a coach really wants to leave sometimes it gets lowered. I know when we hired Cohen he had a big buyout at Kentucky but I think they either greatly reduced it or maybe even totally waived it because they knew it was his dream to coach at MSU and we were his alma mater and the only stipulation was Cohen couldn’t bring any of his assistant coaches that were at Kentucky with him at the time to MSU.

Which wasn’t a big deal because Butch and Lane wanted to come to MSU really badly and they were at Auburn and Kansas State respectively at the time.