PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Bengals

parabrave
10-09-2016, 03:34 PM
just tore dan and hev a new one. Ouch that was embarrassing.

dawgday166
10-09-2016, 03:37 PM
True tho.

RougeDawg
10-09-2016, 03:42 PM
just tore dan and hev a new one. Ouch that was embarrassing.

May we have more elaboration? I'm sure most posters here broke their TVs yesterday. Thanks.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-09-2016, 03:49 PM
May we have more elaboration? I'm sure most posters here broke their TVs yesterday. Thanks.

Paraphrasing, said "with no disrespect to Mississippi State, Dak is playing behind a much better offensive line than he did a year ago and is taking advantage of it." Hells bells! Every NFL QB is playing behind a better line today than they did in college.

ETA: I am no fan of Hevesey. In fact, if you search my post history, you will see I've been on this fire Hevesey campaign for years. I just didn't see it as a swipe against MSU.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Paraphrasing, said "with no disrespect to Mississippi State, Dak is playing behind a much better offensive line than he did a year ago and is taking advantage of it." Hells bells! Every NFL QB is playing behind a better line today than they did in college.

ETA: I am no fan of Hevesey. In fact, if you search my post history, you will see I've been on this fire Hevesey campaign for years. I just didn't see it as a swipe against MSU.

Yeah, one of the 3 best olines in the NFL is better than what we had here last year.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Dak being Dak yet again!! Hailstate

maroonmania
10-09-2016, 04:04 PM

Maybe the CBS announcers read this board as part of their game prep? All we do is complain about our OL but Hev is here to stay apparently. #Noaccountability.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Dak looking damn good. 5/6 for 72 yards. should of had a td throw for more but Butler was in motion and caused the penalty to take the stat away.
But Dak makes up for it a couple plays later with his own TD run.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Watching this performance makes me wonder how we could possibly step back as a football team after losing him. I mean we are a reload, not rebuild powerhouse in the sec west**

In all seriousness, our fans should watch this game and realize #4 isn't the only one we lost... Chris jones, b. Brown, bear, Fred brown, Ryan brown, Calhoun, and Redmond weren't insignificant losses. Then top it off with losing both starting cb's preseason.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 04:08 PM
First Cowboy Qb to rush for at least 3 td's in a season since 1983 Danny White.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Yep Thank god for some good publicity for M-State right now. Never been a Cowboys fan but I'm definitely a Dak fan! So I guess I'm sort of a Cowboys fan for now. That is until ROMO the Cowboy killer returns to action then my hate will continue for Them Boyz..

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Watching this performance makes me wonder how we could possibly step back as a football team after losing him. I mean we are a reload, not rebuild powerhouse in the sec west**

In all seriousness, our fans should watch this game and realize #4 isn't the only one we lost... Chris jones, b. Brown, bear, Fred brown, Ryan brown, Calhoun, and Redmond weren't insignificant losses. Then top it off with losing both starting cb's preseason.

Don't bring that shit in here. We suck because our staff sucks at recruiting. Mullen has no fire. we weren't even competitive yesterday.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 04:12 PM

You just made a VALID point. But we still want to win right now you know that. Hopefully we can divert the ship from sinking all the way!

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Yep Thank god for some good publicity for M-State right now. Never been a Cowboys fan but I'm definitely a Dak fan! So I guess I'm sort of a Cowboys fan for now. That is until ROMO the Cowboy killer returns to action then my hate will continue for Them Boyz..

Exactly. I'm sad I'm not at the game..Dak won't start the next home game likely in 3 weeks. Next week is likely the last we see of Dak for a while unless Romo does get hurt again.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Don't bring that shit in here. We suck because our staff sucks at recruiting. Mullen has no fire. we weren't even competitive yesterday.

Hard to argue with your post also... That was Brutal yesterday..

Drugdog
10-09-2016, 04:16 PM

You are So Clueless. Really try posting less. Your THINK you know it all. You have an opinion on every subject.

If you didn't see the shit show I was At, and realize we have a head coach problem then you are dumber than I think you are. And I think your pretty damn dumb

RocketDawg
10-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Exactly. I'm sad I'm not at the game..Dak won't start the next home game likely in 3 weeks. Next week is likely the last we see of Dak for a while unless Romo does get hurt again.

I'm not so sure about that. Romo may start when he's OK to return, but I think he'll be fighting for his job after that and based on the way he's looking now, Dak will win that war. Romo will have to do awfully well to stay in the game.

msstate7

With tebow 13-1, without tebow 7-5
With cam Newton 14-0, without cam 7-5
With Eli manning 10-3, without Eli 4-7
With Connor cook 12-2, without cook 2-3

There is precedent

dawgday166

I don't know. I'm thinking I would think long and hard before replacing Dak right now. The Boys are clicking on all cylinders.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Dak is kicking ASS and taking names today fellas!! Makes you even more pissed off at the Country CLUB BOYS!! with just an above average OL we could've possibly made the Playoffs 2014,2015 seasons..

maroonmania
10-09-2016, 04:21 PM

Everyone loses players. The biggest issue is the lack of recruiting behind them. 2015 is the lone bright spot in the last 3 to 4 classes. We are an SEC team with way too many Sun Belt level players.

Mjoelner34
10-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Exactly. I'm sad I'm not at the game..Dak won't start the next home game likely in 3 weeks. Next week is likely the last we see of Dak for a while until Romo does get hurt again.

fify

Op4isabitch
10-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Anyone else catch the commentators saying Dak was prepared in college by learning the pro style offense under Dan Mullen? I don't recall,Dak taking many if any snaps under center.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 04:23 PM
You are So Clueless. Really try posting less. Your THINK you know it all. You have an opinion on every subject.

If you didn't see the shit show I was At, and realize we have a head coach problem then you are dumber than I think you are. And I think your pretty damn dumb

You may have missed this, but I bumped your thread calling for firing Cohen

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?31121-Cohen-HAS-to-go

Seems you aren't any smarter than me

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 04:27 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Romo may start when he's OK to return, but I think he'll be fighting for his job after that and based on the way he's looking now, Dak will win that war. Romo will have to do awfully well to stay in the game.

Not likely. Romo is Jerry's baby. He is going to play. Jerry does what he wants and he isn't going to bench a player worth that much money i don't think.

Needless to say. Dak wins today and even looks competitive against Green Bay... it's gonna get even louder to keep him playing.

AROB44
10-09-2016, 04:28 PM
After being a MSU fan since I enrolled in 1961 and being a season ticket holder for over 35 years, I feel very fortunate to have seen the Dak era and making to #1 for a brief time. We will not see that again for a very very long time, if ever. I have seen some real bad football so the Kang's and Dan's time have really been fun. The fun is now over....it's back to square one.

ElectroDawg
10-09-2016, 04:28 PM
My wife and I had plans to attend the Cowboys vs Eagles game until it was announced that Romo will return for that game. Romo may only last a quarter.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Everyone loses players. The biggest issue is the lack of recruiting behind them. 2015 is the lone bright spot in the last 3 to 4 classes. We are an SEC team with way too many Sun Belt level players.

Exactly. the #1 ranking and other accolades should of helped with recruiting. It didn't we look like crap and the coaches don't give a f*ck cause Mullen doesn't want to be here.

Enough about our team though.. I'm drinking beer and watching the Boys win.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Not likely. Romo is Jerry's baby. He is going to play. Jerry does what he wants and he isn't going to bench a player worth that much money i don't think.

Needless to say. Dak wins today and even looks competitive against Green Bay... it's gonna get even louder to keep him playing.

Dak is certainly making it a decision. There wasn't one a few weeks ago. If the cowboys keep winning and dak looks good in the process, it may be the dak show. If I were a betting man, I'd go romo though bc you right... Jerry loves romo

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Anyone else catch the commentators saying Dak was prepared in college by learning the pro style offense under Dan Mullen? I don't recall,Dak taking many if any snaps under center.

announcers are stupid. It's been interesting to watch what percentage Dak is under center. Today he has been almost always under it except for some passes.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2016, 04:36 PM

Is the Dallas Cowboys OL better than State OL? I'd have to say yeah.

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2016, 04:38 PM
My wife and I had plans to attend the Cowboys vs Eagles game until it was announced that Romo will return for that game. Romo may only last a quarter.

Yes. I'm looking into that game as well. But the news is Romo returns week 8. That is the eagles weekend. I got a feeling though. We hear Romo isn't ready yet. Hopefully in enough time to plan a quick trip.

RougeDawg
10-09-2016, 04:40 PM
announcers are stupid. It's been interesting to watch what percentage Dak is under center. Today he has been almost always under it except for some passes.

Dak did say in an interview a few weeks back that the transition to NFL was easy because of the offense we run. Think he meant more about the complexity of it and way they work. Implying that Dan Mullen may put some good player in the NFL who are ready to play right away, but we are making things way to complicated for 18-22 year old kids.

Drugdog
10-09-2016, 04:41 PM

You may have missed this, but I bumped your thread calling for firing Cohen

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?31121-Cohen-HAS-to-go

Seems you aren't any smarter than me

Reread the thread numb nuts. Like I said your Clueless. Go Braves.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Dak did say in an interview a few weeks back that the transition to NFL was easy because of the offense we run. Think he meant more about the complexity of it and way they work. Implying that Dan Mullen may put some good player in the NFL who are ready to play right away, but we are making things way to complicated for 18-22 year old kids.

Dan did do that. We all know LAST YEAR Dan focused on Dak's passing attack. He worked him hard with Brian Johnson plus sent him to other Qb coaches before and after the season. They really worked on him reading defenses and going to checkdowns.

No denying. Dan made Dak into the player he is today.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 05:11 PM
60 yard rush by Zek!!! wow. 28-0

tireddawg
10-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Reread the thread numb nuts. Like I said your Clueless. Go Braves.

Dude why are you so hateful towards msstate7?

Commercecomet24
10-09-2016, 05:26 PM

This is right. It's the route tree/route combos we run and formations, not so much being under center. Our offensive is complex and like you said may create problems for our teenage players adapting to it.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Watching falcons and broncos... lynch looks terrible compared to dak. Brisset last week couldn't score with the pats' offense. There were some big misses on dak in the NFL

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Dak has this offense humming. Elliott gets better each week. Then Romo will come back and screw it all up.

Someone find the kid that kicked Dak on campus. Tell the kid to karate chop Romo on the collar bone.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Kevin Seifert
NFL Nation

It's not an apples to apples comparison, of course, but today we're seeing a poor performance by the quarterback the Cowboys hoped to draft (Paxton Lynch, for the Broncos) and a great one by the quarterback they settled for (Dak Prescott).

RocketDawg
10-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Dude why are you so hateful towards msstate7?

Yeah, I don't understand that either.