PDA

View Full Version : So Why did Mullen stop caring?

Schultzy
10-09-2016, 02:32 PM
We all see it in his tone and body language and the team obviously sees it and their level of effort reflects that. He doesn't even try to hide it when you listen to him.

But why? Even if you're ready for a new challenge or just plain burned out like we all get in our careers sometimes, don't you just grind through it or at least fake it or rely on pride in yourself or something?

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 02:35 PM
According to the mullenites it is we the fans faults for expecting decent football from a man making 4m. How dare we demand such things? I've given up

MidTNDawg
10-09-2016, 02:52 PM
He came to MSU really believing he would lead us to a championship. Either he thinks attaining a number 1 ranking met his goal or he no longer believes it is possible. Either way he is no longer "on fire".

lamont
10-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Bama 2014 broke his spirit. Showed him the best team he could put on the field would never beat Bama

We are 12-10 since that day and will have a losing record since then when the season ends

JoseBrown
10-09-2016, 02:59 PM
He got to number one with the best QB he ever coached more than a year, and then got bitch slapped 3 out of 4 games... But it was the way and the who that made him feel like he was bent over and not given the benefit of a reach around. Then he couldn't get hired anywhere after being number one. He put all efforts the next year into getting Dak to the NFL, and here he is...

Taog Redloh
10-09-2016, 03:00 PM
I think he expected more from 2014 and 2015. I.e., if he couldn't get it done then, he'd never be able to do it. If he'd just beaten Ole Miss last year, he probably could have named his job, for his price. I think he got frustrated when he couldn't get out.

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Bama 2014 broke his spirit. Showed him the best team he could put on the field would never beat Bama

We are 12-10 since that day and will have a losing record since then when the season ends

But it's his own damn fault we didn't beat Bama. You can't coach scared in defacto championship games against Saban. You have to go balls out and let the chips fall where they may. If that broke him he needs to get out of coaching if he can't learn from his mistakes and improve upon it.

msujan
10-09-2016, 03:20 PM
He stopped caring when his paycheck got bigger. Big check, big head, big attitude, big ranking. Then Dak left, and took everything with him except the paycheck. They should trade checks - one is earning a $4M chelck, and one isn't.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 03:29 PM
I think SEC football demands that the head coach have intensity at such a high level even a small step back can result in a disastrous season very quickly. So, it's a lot more dramatic and noticeable than someone in the private sector being burned out and needing a change.

I think that's why it's not the norm for coaches to be around 10-20 years anymore as well.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 03:30 PM

We might have beaten Bama had he not been so dead set on 1A/1B.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 03:33 PM
He stopped caring when his paycheck got bigger. Big check, big head, big attitude, big ranking. Then Dak left, and took everything with him except the paycheck. They should trade checks - one is earning a $4M chelck, and one isn't.

I think he cares on some level but certainly not where he needs it to be. He just needed a change for himself after 6-7 years but we overpaid him and he couldn't find a better job. Plus I heard a rumor that Megan wanted to stay in Starkville at the time- that may have changed or be changing I don't know.

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 03:35 PM

Yep and you notice Collins isn't doing that at UF. Hmm I wonder who's brain child that could have been then?** but our offensive gamelan was nothing to write home about that game either

AROB44
10-09-2016, 04:41 PM
I think SEC football demands that the head coach have intensity at such a high level even a small step back can result in a disastrous season very quickly. So, it's a lot more dramatic and noticeable than someone in the private sector being burned out and needing a change.

I think that's why it's not the norm for coaches to be around 10-20 years anymore as well.

I have to agree with you here. Plus, I do think he realized he wasn't going to be able to win a championship here as long as Saban was at Bama. Just took it out of him. Plus, I think the average life of a coach at any school is around 8 to 10 years.

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 04:44 PM
I have to agree with you here. Plus, I do think he realized he wasn't going to be able to win a championship here as long as Saban was at Bama. Just took it out of him. Plus, I think the average life of a coach at any school is around 8 to 10 years.

He had his chance in '14 and blew it. He can't blame anyone else. He could have manned up and changed some things but instead he pouted. Tells me all I need to know about him

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 04:45 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvqwvGdubuBTUW-aNi-MAtfHRXuBd9Z06Mk7j7F-xYAje3nnrp6w

HoopsDawg
10-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Mullen didn't stop caring. He just wanted to parlay his success here with Dak into a dream job but no one wanted him. He cares, he just doesn't put the effort into recruiting that you have to st this level. You have to love it. You have to eat, sleep and breath recruiting and make sure your staff is built that way. Our staff is not. We have about 2 or 3 good recruiters on the whole staff.

IMissJack
10-09-2016, 04:55 PM

Now this is what I don't understand. If his recruiting would have gone up as you would expect after being number one, then he should theoretically have better teams than the one in 2014. It wasn't like our OL was full of 4 and 5 stars in 2014.

Schultzy
10-09-2016, 09:06 PM

But that team only lost by five at Tuscaloosa after playing a deer in headlights first half. It should have shown him the opposite.

And he looked more intimidated than any player on the field. That should have shown him how close he was to making it and encouraged him, not the other way around.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Yep and you notice Collins isn't doing that at UF. Hmm I wonder who's brain child that could have been then?** but our offensive gamelan was nothing to write home about that game either

Yes, and I’ve also noticed that Florida is in the top 10 in both scoring defense and total defense.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 09:56 PM
But that team only lost by five at Tuscaloosa after playing a deer in headlights first half. It should have shown him the opposite.

And he looked more intimidated than any player on the field. That should have shown him how close he was to making it and encouraged him, not the other way around.

I agree with you! Especially with it being our first time in that kind of a spotlight and it being in Tuscaloosa. The game plan may not have been all world and I won’t argue if anyone says it was bad- but I remember we had the momentum in the game late and instead of trotting out our 1A guys we trot out the 1B guys and Bama scored on us pretty quickly and put the game away. And again I may be mistaken but similar thing in the Egg Bowl that year- they scored at least a couple of times on 1B that game and that was the difference. If we don’t do 1A/1B religiously we probably go undefeated! Frustrating!

But to your point, why give up when you get that close? Often times success comes after you fail and you learn from that and you apply it the next time you are in that position.

And same thing with the Egg Bowl- we win three in a row and we were placing a lot of emphasis on the game and then we lose one and then all of a sudden the countdown clock comes down and then later on we aren’t wearing the special Egg Bowl uniforms and we’re trying to treat it like it’s some other game. All because they beat us a couple of times.

Sacrifice
10-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Mullen didn't stop caring. He just wanted to parlay his success here with Dak into a dream job but no one wanted him. He cares, he just doesn't put the effort into recruiting that you have to st this level. You have to love it. You have to eat, sleep and breath recruiting and make sure your staff is built that way. Our staff is not. We have about 2 or 3 good recruiters on the whole staff.

Damn, you beat me to it. That's exactly what I was thinking. He thought after the 2014 season he would get a big time offer and nothing came. He's got to leave after this season while he's still got a decent national reputation

Johnson85
10-09-2016, 09:57 PM

This is all there is to it. Nobody but Satan can keep the intensity up. Miles has been pretty mediocre for a while but lsu's natural advantages kept them at a high level. Urban just about killed him self, got his fire back for a few years at OSU, and I think is already over his peak here although like lsu, osu has some advantages that will keep them good, and he was a better coach than miles Tommy begin with. Petrino had his fire relit,by getting fired. Franklin couldn't keep it going at penn st. Spurrier coasted at the end of his career. Mullen missed being an all time great by being clueless in recruiting his first few years. He goes out and gets a few linemen and pass rushers and safeties, early,on, then 2011 through '13 all could have Ben good, and who knows what that leads to. As it was, he was already starting to burn out before his peak in 2014, And dak just made his peak higher and then delayed the fall by one year.

Goldendawg
10-09-2016, 09:59 PM
He quit after the Bama loss in 14 and any State fan that says that was "only a 5 point loss is still drinking MSU kool-aid". Dan coached scared the entire game and only a garbage TD at the end made it a 5 point loss. BTW, I heard our team had Sat/Sun off b4 the AU game during our 2 wk open date, just like OM the last 2 years. Is that true?

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 10:13 PM
He quit after the Bama loss in 14 and any State fan that says that was "only a 5 point loss is still drinking MSU kool-aid". Dan coached scared the entire game and only a garbage TD at the end made it a 5 point loss. BTW, I heard our team had Sat/Sun off b4 the AU game during our 2 wk open date, just like OM the last 2 years. Is that true?

I’m pretty sure that they were off on the weekend before during the bye week. Honestly, I don’t have a problem with that. It’s the players only time during the fall to go home and recharge and get a break and with two weeks to prepare it really shouldn’t be a big deal. I think the assistants usually go out and recruit and it’s a great time to do that.

The Egg Bowl is a little different because he was giving them Thursday off which is not normal and breaks up the game week routine because normally we have Friday off on game week to rest for the next day. I imagine during Egg Bowl week it’s practice Sunday- Weds, come back on Thursday evening and then have another practice on Friday and then go Saturday. My guess is Ole Miss practices like normal if not more because of class being out.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 10:18 PM
This is all there is to it. Nobody but Satan can keep the intensity up. Miles has been pretty mediocre for a while but lsu's natural advantages kept them at a high level. Urban just about killed him self, got his fire back for a few years at OSU, and I think is already over his peak here although like lsu, osu has some advantages that will keep them good, and he was a better coach than miles Tommy begin with. Petrino had his fire relit,by getting fired. Franklin couldn't keep it going at penn st. Spurrier coasted at the end of his career. Mullen missed being an all time great by being clueless in recruiting his first few years. He goes out and gets a few linemen and pass rushers and safeties, early,on, then 2011 through '13 all could have Ben good, and who knows what that leads to. As it was, he was already starting to burn out before his peak in 2014, And dak just made his peak higher and then delayed the fall by one year.

Yeah- there are just so many details, scrutiny, and facets of every SEC program and it’s a year round process it just burns you out. Then you have to deal with stuff like Simmons and Chad Kelly and get roasted for that. Honestly, if it were me I would just coach somewhere like MSU for about 5-7 years for about 5 million a year and do well be a legend and then go ahead and go coach somewhere like Tulane for about five years at 1-2 million a year and be done with it.

dawgoneyall
10-09-2016, 10:22 PM

That is not why we lost.

Goldendawg
10-09-2016, 10:37 PM
I know that's not why we lost. I watched every play from my usual seat in Section 4. I just thought he might see that this game could have helped turn our year into a winning season with a victory over AU. I thought we might have done something different to be better prepared during the 2 week open date. For all I know maybe we did. I am still venting, but I will be there for Samford and every home game, stay until the end, ring my cowbell, and hope for a victory for State no matter who is the coach. This has already been a very disappointing season with a fast fall from those long ago days at #1, that we didn't build on.

TimberBeast
10-09-2016, 11:28 PM

Thank you.

Political Hack
10-10-2016, 08:22 AM
We all would've been pissed if he had left for Miami last year. Think about that.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-10-2016, 08:34 AM
I think Dan underestimated how much Dak was doing his job for him from a leadership perspective. He probably thinks if he's gonna get the fire back he wants to do it somewhere other than at state.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-10-2016, 08:36 AM

This all day long.

sleepy dawg
10-10-2016, 08:55 AM
This is a good thread. I'm hoping more ideas come in as long as it stays on topic. I do not believe it was 1 game that changed him. I don't believe he could go from full fire before the Alabama game to no fire after. This was a longer term thing.

I still believe he has the tools necessary to be one of the best coaches in the country, but he has to want to, and be willing to change things about himself. I don't think he's willing to do those things.

I think Todd4State and Johnson85 are on point. Can anyone keep the fire going besides Saban? Maybe Pete Carroll could have if he didn't have to bail.

HSVDawg
10-10-2016, 09:02 AM

The defense Collins runs at UF and the defense Diaz is running at the U both look nothing like what either of them ran at MSU, and they are drastically improved. That's probably been Mullen's biggest issue which is micromanaging the side of the ball that he knows next to nothing about.

RougeDawg
10-10-2016, 09:09 AM
We all would've been pissed if he had left for Miami last year. Think about that.

Not I. I and a few others saw the flame burn out in 12/13 when his seniority over ability playing time bullshit was as easy to see as the day is long. He had checked out and was no longer creative. He was not putting us in the best position (players and play calling) to be successful. Only two injuries (TR and Perk) forced his hand and we eeked out 6 wins and Dak was born. Without the TR injury we don't go bowling and we may have never seen the Dak we now have. Let that sink in. We had a future NFl starting QB sitting the bench behind concrete feet because TR was an upperclassmen. It was apparent to some of us who should be playing. Dan chose to sand bag and now that's finally caught up to him. Those who say recruits don't notice are kidding themselves and that's why we miss out on a good bit. They know they most likely won't play early even if they are the better player. Dal delayed the inevitable and only because Dan was forced to play him before Dan wanted to. Why was it so difficult to see this when it was all unfolding before our very eyes? This has been 4 years coming.

SignalToNoise
10-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Dan thought the success of the 2014/2015 seasons would land him a new gig and it didn't, so now he doesn't give a shit. That's my theory, at least.

TrapGame
10-10-2016, 09:26 AM

That stretching it Hack. Some would have been pissed but the majority of this board would have been happy. I would have been one.

To me Dan checked out in 2011. The fire was not as hot and his desire to win not as great. He gave up on his team 4th quarter of the LSU game. Down 9 with 6 minutes left he takes off his headphones and goes total vanilla. He tucked his ball up his ass and told Les he was his bitch. That's when things started going south in my opinion.

Cooterpoot
10-10-2016, 09:58 AM
The majority of State fans were pissed about the Miami deal. He lost a nice chunk of support after that. But not many wanted him gone before that mess. Not fixing his offensive staff has cost support too. He's one more year away from losing the whole fan base. As for him not caring, I believe he does care. I believe he loves State but wants a change. Im convinced he's getting the hell out this year come hell or high water because he can't fix the mistakes he's made. His new agent will get him out, but at a lower pay grade than he would've gotten last couple years.

Political Hack
10-10-2016, 10:13 AM
When Nick Bell died I thought Dan and Megan were here forever. Last year his flirting with Miami, and rumored "recruiting trip" to Miami, seem to be the turning point. A lot of people know this rumor and I have no way to confirm it or prove it wrong, but here it goes...

Again, rumor: Dan took the company plane to Miami on a recruiting visit to Miami sometime around thanksgiving last year. While there, he didn't pursue any recruits that we apparently had a realistic shot at, but he reportedly met with officials from Miami. A package deal was on the table for he and Manny to go together. It was all wrapped up with a pretty orange and green bow on top. Then, UGA did the unthinkable and fired the Miami alumni Mark Richt. Miami immediately sees the opportunity, changes its tune, and pursues Richt. Meanwhile, Mullen is caught in no man's land wondering what the hell is going on. Things start falling apart. Richt accepts the job. Miami keeps Diaz's offer on the table. He bolts. Mullen is pissed and makes a few snide remarks about his buddy leaving him high and dry (for the 2nd time).

Keenum finds out and is irate. Wants him gone for breach of contract, but he didn't breach contract. Strick goes in for his annual "let's renew Dan's contract and give him a raise" talk with Keenum and Keenum tells him he needs to start being a leader that actually has a set of gonads. Keenum considers letting Mullen go. But he can't without paying a huge buy out. CDM's agent can't get him a job and can't get him and extension and can't get him a raise and can't renogitiate his buyout. Mullen knows he's on the hot seat and on the verge of a huge let down season. Hires a new agent.

Now, the money is there for the buy out. Mr. NoGonads is gone. And CDM has a new "sexy" agent that will help find him a job. It's run its course. In time, I'll thank Mullen for doing what he did at State, but it will take years to forgive him for looking for the exit door when he could've built a national power. I said it once 247 and I'll say it again. I will be very surprised if CDM is our head coach in 2017.

If he can recapture the locker room and win the support of his team and start recruiting at an SEC level without my help, then I'm all for it. If not, thanks and good bye.

TrapGame
10-10-2016, 10:40 AM
When Nick Bell died I thought Dan and Megan were here forever. Last year his flirting with Miami, and rumored "recruiting trip" to Miami, seem to be the turning point. A lot of people know this rumor and I have no way to confirm it or prove it wrong, but here it goes...

Again, rumor: Dan took the company plane to Miami on a recruiting visit to Miami sometime around thanksgiving last year. While there, he didn't pursue any recruits that we apparently had a realistic shot at, but he reportedly met with officials from Miami. A package deal was on the table for he and Manny to go together. It was all wrapped up with a pretty orange and green bow on top. Then, UGA did the unthinkable and fired the Miami alumni Mark Richt. Miami immediately sees the opportunity, changes its tune, and pursues Richt. Meanwhile, Mullen is caught in no man's land wondering what the hell is going on. Things start falling apart. Richt accepts the job. Miami keeps Diaz's offer on the table. He bolts. Mullen is pissed and makes a few snide remarks about his buddy leaving him high and dry (for the 2nd time).

Keenum finds out and is irate. Wants him gone for breach of contract, but he didn't breach contract. Strick goes in for his annual "let's renew Dan's contract and give him a raise" talk with Keenum and Keenum tells him he needs to start being a leader that actually has a set of gonads. Keenum considers letting Mullen go. But he can't without paying a huge buy out. CDM's agent can't get him a job and can't get him and extension and can't get him a raise and can't renogitiate his buyout. Mullen knows he's on the hot seat and on the verge of a huge let down season. Hires a new agent.

Now, the money is there for the buy out. Mr. NoGonads is gone. And CDM has a new "sexy" agent that will help find him a job. It's run its course. In time, I'll thank Mullen for doing what he did at State, but it will take years to forgive him for looking for the exit door when he could've built a national power. I said it once 247 and I'll say it again. I will be very surprised if CDM is our head coach in 2017.

If he can recapture the locker room and win the support of his team and start recruiting at an SEC level without my help, then I'm all for it. If not, thanks and good bye.

I see what you did there.

If Dan is here in 2017 I'll be surprised.

I seen it dawg
10-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Mullen is a straight *****.

fishwater99
10-10-2016, 11:04 AM

This...

It's past time for Mullen to go..

mic
10-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Dan thought the success of the 2014/2015 seasons would land him a new gig and it didn't, so now he doesn't give a shit. That's my theory, at least.

12-10 record since our 10-0 # 1 ranking.. Your theory is pretty solid

Todd4State
10-10-2016, 11:14 AM

I could tell something was different during the Egg Bowl. I didn't have that same vibe before then. This explains it. I had heard rumors about Miami but I wasn't sure how it all went down.

lamont
10-10-2016, 11:18 AM
#agenda

JoseBrown
10-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Dan screwed us the past two seasons looking for jobs and not recruiting worth a shit two months before NSD, both of the last two of them... That's why I'll not thank him for a damn thing, unless he does the right thing by MState. I don't think he gives a dam about MState, and will not do the right thing by us. He got us to number one in the nation, lost to Bama, and checked out on us trying to get out of here. If he changes before he ultimately leaves great, then I may thank him at that time down the road. I just have no faith in Dan having any intention on changing till he's gone.

Think about it, in what way has being #1 benefitted us, MState? Certainly not in recruiting. Certainly not in continued success. Last year we beat the who we sposed to beat, and won the bowl game to get to 9. This year at most 3 wins unless a miracle happens. And we have the second defensive staff since being #1.

Now, if he changes his intentions and motivations for our program, then great. Someone needs to be a leader, because he certainly is not. Just blames it on the players for leadership. Little secret though, the player leaders will not be there without coach leaders...just won't happen.

So I ask again, what benefit has being ranked #1 brought us, MState?

lastmajordog
10-10-2016, 11:42 AM

He COULD have beaten Bama, again...HE COULD HAVE BEATEN BAMA.....but overly conservative offensive coaching (esp first half) and NOT containing and making their qb throw in 4th qtr did Dogs in. JMHO but I’m no coach.....what are your thoughts Random....even with our off line, was it possible to beat them that day in your opinion?

hailstate88
10-10-2016, 11:49 AM
I feel like he wants to leave the south and get back up north to coach. Thoughts?

fishwater99
10-10-2016, 11:54 AM

You left off that Stricklin just left his Alma Mater for a job that doesn't pay that much more. It's obvious that he and Keenum had some issues and this Mullen and Miami rumor really makes sense.

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2016, 12:26 PM

I think Mullen really thought 2014 was THE season it all happened, and when it all fell apart he convinced himself he would never be able to do it here and started looking. Maybe not seriously after the 2014 season since he did have us up to #1. But after the 2015 season fell flat and he was losing Dak I think he completely made up his mind to leave and then all that with Hack's post above unfolded. I think he has burned too many bridges with the admin, players, coaches, and fans to survive. He's a dead man walking at MSU. Just waiting for the guard to come to his cell and say, "It's time", and lead him to the gallows. If all this is true then I am forever more done with him. I got called out for calling him skid mark after Saturday's embarrassment, but that is now all he is to me. It looks like he has turned his back on the university that I have always loved and always will. I know it is a business for them and personal for me, but there are ways to leave that don't involve a middle finger and a big "17 you!". He opted for the big 17 you and that is unforgiveable. He turned his back on the fans and he turned his back on the players who trusted him to right by them. Their families did the same. Now we have much more talented players sitting on the sidelines week in and week out watching their college career trickle away like sand in an hourglass for what? Almost halfway in the season he burned Tiano's red shirt for one piss ant pass. Unless he gives him significant playing time from here on out, he just cost what many consider the future of our team 25% - 33% of his career. I remember he said many years ago most coaches lose 10% of the fanbase every season. He has now lost me. And no, some miracle like running the table would not win me back. I will still cheer for MSU but it will be for the players only. Not him. He is now nothing more than a stripe of shit in the bottom of a pair of underwear after a hard fart to me.

GTHOM
10-10-2016, 12:44 PM

Which was partly his fault for coaching with no nuts in big games like he always does. He came in wide eyed and coached not to lose

dnadawg
10-10-2016, 12:54 PM
Can agree with some of your post but Tiano redshirted last year. I have been wanting Tiano to get some game time. Want him to get better prepared in case he is needed.

I think Mullen really thought 2014 was THE season it all happened, and when it all fell apart he convinced himself he would never be able to do it here and started looking. Maybe not seriously after the 2014 season since he did have us up to #1. But after the 2015 season fell flat and he was losing Dak I think he completely made up his mind to leave and then all that with Hack's post above unfolded. I think he has burned too many bridges with the admin, players, coaches, and fans to survive. He's a dead man walking at MSU. Just waiting for the guard to come to his cell and say, "It's time", and lead him to the gallows. If all this is true then I am forever more done with him. I got called out for calling him skid mark after Saturday's embarrassment, but that is now all he is to me. It looks like he has turned his back on the university that I have always loved and always will. I know it is a business for them and personal for me, but there are ways to leave that don't involve a middle finger and a big "17 you!". He opted for the big 17 you and that is unforgiveable. He turned his back on the fans and he turned his back on the players who trusted him to right by them. Their families did the same. Now we have much more talented players sitting on the sidelines week in and week out watching their college career trickle away like sand in an hourglass for what? Almost halfway in the season he burned Tiano's red shirt for one piss ant pass. Unless he gives him significant playing time from here on out, he just cost what many consider the future of our team 25% - 33% of his career. I remember he said many years ago most coaches lose 10% of the fanbase every season. He has now lost me. And no, some miracle like running the table would not win me back. I will still cheer for MSU but it will be for the players only. Not him. He is now nothing more than a stripe of shit in the bottom of a pair of underwear after a hard fart to me.

civildawg
10-10-2016, 12:55 PM
I dont want to believe that rumor just because it's such a shitty thing to do, but it's totally believable to me.

dawgs
10-10-2016, 01:00 PM

thing is, he had a terrible ****ing gameplan for that bama game. we went right up the gut for 2+ quarters into the strength of their D. once we started hitting quick passes on the edges and running outside the tackles, we started moving the ball and scoring...you know, basically the gameplan that worked up to that point all year. anyone with functioning brain cells knew you had to spread bama's D laterally, and then that could open up some inside running lanes. we came out and spent over half the game calling plays like we were gonna out-muscle them on the line and like we were playing tulane or something.

and the ole miss game, dan just ****ed that up all to hell, letting the players go home, a passive game plan, typical dan tucked his wiener game right there.

msbulldog
10-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Time to move on boys, I was there Saturday with Cowbell, just sad!

TrapGame
10-10-2016, 02:07 PM
and the ole miss game, dan just ****ed that up all to hell, letting the players go home, a passive game plan, typical dan tucked his wiener game right there.

He came up with the 2015 game plan on the plane ride to and from Miami.

Political Hack
10-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Apparently my post has ruffle some feathers. Here's a mid-week bump for those that are upset. Read it again.

patinodawg
10-11-2016, 09:26 AM

His stubborn ass broke his spirit, he tried to lineup straight up against bama '14 in first half instead of getting to the edges like he did in the second with a mobile QB. Now, his stubborn ass refuses to fire Hevesy, thinks Holloway can block pass protect against Arden Key, Myles Garrett, etc. Refuses to go back to using a full back. Keeps Sallach around to god knows what and on and on and on.

fishwater99
10-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Apparently my post has ruffle some feathers. Here's a mid-week bump for those that are upset. Read it again.

The truth hurts sometimes.

It also helps explain why Sticklin left his alma mater for a new job with not that much money. He had a falling out with Keenum over Dan and Scott was overruled on Rick Ray and Howland was found for him.

BrunswickDawg
10-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the bump - I missed a lot this weekend and still haven't watched the bed-shitting....

Anyway, if true, it explains a helluva lot. And if true, we need to pay Mark Keenum more and do everything we can to keep him. Guy wants us to compete and win as much as the posters on this board do. Dude was in politics too long not to know bullshit when he smells it. He smelled it, and looks like he called Loafers and Danny Two Gloves on it.

BulldogBear
10-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Mullen's 2014 season was like when Napoleon captured Moscow. Mullen finally realized the Russians aren't going to surrender (Notre Dame call or something) and he's spent all this time sitting on his bum instead of continuing the war. Now, it's too late and his army will be destroyed.