PDA

View Full Version : Mark Dantonio

Cowboydawg
10-09-2016, 01:59 PM
The other MSU has lost 3 in row including a blowout at home to BYU. He makes $4.7 mill a year and is severely underperforming in a top heavy conference. Is he on the hot seat? Why or why not?

HoopsDawg
10-09-2016, 02:00 PM
The other MSU has lost 3 in row including a blowout at home to BYU. He makes $4.7 mill a year and is severely underperforming in a top heavy conference. Is he on the hot seat? Why or why not?

No, b/c he hasn't been actively looking to leave the past 2 years.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 02:05 PM
'10 = 11-2
'11 = 11-3
'12 = 7-6 (we would've called for his head)
'13 = 13-1 (won rose)
'14 = 12-2 (lost in NY6 cotton)
'15 = 12-2 (lost in playoffs)

Won big 10 in '10, '13, and '15

No way he should be on hotseat

Cowboydawg
10-09-2016, 02:09 PM
206 total yards at home against a bad BYU defense. Very little effort out of his team. Will be interesting to follow...

HoopsDawg
10-09-2016, 02:10 PM
206 total yards at home against a bad BYU defense. Very little effort out of his team. Will be interesting to follow...

You're reaching. Expectations were very low for them this year. No Mich State fans are unhappy with him.

Cowboydawg
10-09-2016, 02:16 PM
You're reaching. Expectations were very low for them this year. No Mich State fans are unhappy with him.

I'd say expectations were pretty low here as well. Why is it ok at the other MSU and not here? Is it because Mullen has been shopping around? Valid point if so.

If Dantonio were to be available next year, could he win in the SEC West?

Dawg496
10-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Would anyone seriously not trade Mullen for Dantonio in a split second?

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2016, 03:24 PM
I'd say expectations were pretty low here as well. Why is it ok at the other MSU and not here? Is it because Mullen has been shopping around? Valid point if so.

If Dantonio were to be available next year, could he win in the SEC West?

Because Mullen is trying to whore himself out to anyone that'll look his way and he hasn't given a damn since 2014. It's like he thought 2014 was his chance and he came up short so he's just said "17 it, I'm rich".

dawgday166
10-09-2016, 03:27 PM

Wouldn't even blink.

Cowboydawg
10-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Because Mullen is trying to whore himself out to anyone that'll look his way and he hasn't given a damn since 2014. It's like he thought 2014 was his chance and he came up short so he's just said "17 it, I'm rich".

He certainly had every intention of riding the Dak train out of here. He put himself in this hole and I'd love to see him fight his way out but doesn't look good so far.

Keep an eye on Dantonio. Fans will flip on him fast with a few more performances like yesterday. I personally don't think he could win at a high level on the SEC West. Things were definitely easier for Bielema in the Big 10.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 03:33 PM
He certainly had every intention of riding the Dak train out of here. He put himself in this hole and I'd love to see him fight his way out but doesn't look good so far.

Keep an eye on Dantonio. Fans will flip on him fast with a few more performances like yesterday. I personally don't think he could win at a high level on the SEC West. Things were definitely easier for Bielema in the Big 10.

Wisconsin is a better football program than Arkansas

Cowboydawg
10-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Wisconsin is a better football program than Arkansas

Agree

msstate7
10-09-2016, 03:42 PM
I think dantonio is a better football coach than Mullen, but not sure he's been any better this season...

Beat furman 28-13
Beat ND (2-4) 36-28
Lost to Wisconsin (4-1) 30-6
Lost to Indiana (3-2) 24-21
Lost to byu (3-3) 31-14

The furman game was very close.

Michigan state started the year #12.

You guys telling me you'd be happy with dantonio if he had done this here?

Pretty sure MSU was the favorite in every game except ND

pilldawg
10-09-2016, 03:43 PM
And they are all better programs than MSU.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 03:44 PM
And they are all better programs than MSU.

Which ones?

Bully13
10-09-2016, 03:45 PM

Yep

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 04:25 PM

I'd get in my car right now, kidnap them both, dump Mullen somewhere in Missouri and bring dantonio back with me.

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 04:26 PM

Straight trolling. Or a ****ing idiot.

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 04:29 PM
I think dantonio is a better football coach than Mullen, but not sure he's been any better this season...

Beat furman 28-13
Beat ND (2-4) 36-28
Lost to Wisconsin (4-1) 30-6
Lost to Indiana (3-2) 24-21
Lost to byu (3-3) 31-14

The furman game was very close.

Michigan state started the year #12.

You guys telling me you'd be happy with dantonio if he had done this here?

Pretty sure MSU was the favorite in every game except ND

Yeah bc the muther****er recruits, runs a hard working program, and on top of that can coach his ass off. He deserves the down year that Mullen doesn't bc he doesn't quit on the school. Apologize to Dantonio for mentioning him in the same breath as that ego **** Mullen.

maroonmania
10-09-2016, 04:32 PM
No, b/c he hasn't been actively looking to leave the past 2 years.

and he was in a little thing called the college football freakin' playoffs last year.

Cowboydawg
10-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Straight trolling. Or a ****ing idiot.

You think Dantonio could come to State and win the SEC West?

msstate7
10-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Yeah bc the muther****er recruits, runs a hard working program, and on top of that can coach his ass off. He deserves the down year that Mullen doesn't bc he doesn't quit on the school. Apologize to Dantonio for mentioning him in the same breath as that ego **** Mullen.

Recruiting rankings...
'17 = 27 them, 21 us
'16 = 17 them, 27 us
'15 = 22 them, 18 us
'14 = 25 then, 35 us

Avg = 22.8 them, 25.3 us

Really Clark?
10-09-2016, 04:45 PM

I think Dantonio is a great coach as well. But he has steadily recruited at a similar or lower level than Mullen. Here is the thing, his 25-35 recruiting rankings are usually good for the top 4-5 in the Big 10. That wouldn't be top 4-5 in the SEC west. Great coach though

dawgday166
10-09-2016, 04:56 PM
and he was in a little thing called the college football freakin' playoffs last year.

Beating Meyer and OSU no less. Dantonio has some good history. Has done more at Mich. St. than Saban did.

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Im not talking about rankings. I'm talking about getting on the road and recruiting and making his staff work at it. No CCB in that program.

DAntonio has way more cache than Mullen easily. Comparing Mullen and Dantonio is ludicrous. Waste of time it's not close.

dawgday166
10-09-2016, 04:59 PM
I think Dantonio is a great coach as well. But he has steadily recruited at a similar or lower level than Mullen. Here is the thing, his 25-35 recruiting rankings are usually good for the top 4-5 in the Big 10. That wouldn't be top 4-5 in the SEC west. Great coach though

Sure he would. There usually is always 2 train wrecks happening any given year in SEC W. I mean Mullen is 4 - 6 every year (this year 7). If you can't beat Saban, Miles, Sumlin, and Freeze that automatically relegates you to 5 - 7.

ETA: I almost guarantee you that his teams last few years would've beat 3 of the 4-7 teams in SEC W. Just because Bama beats the hell out of everyone they play doesn't make the rest of the SEC W super human or anything like that.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Sure he would. There usually is always 2 train wrecks happening any given year in SEC W. I mean Mullen is 4 - 6 every year (this year 7). If you can't beat Saban, Miles, Sumlin, and Freeze that automatically relegates you to 5 - 7.

ETA: I almost guarantee you that his teams last few years would've beat 3 of the 4-7 teams in SEC W. Just because Bama beats the hell out of everyone they play doesn't make the rest of the SEC W super human or anything like that.

The question wasn't could Michigan state under dantonio win the west. The question was could miss state under dantonio win the west

Really Clark?
10-09-2016, 05:06 PM

What? I said that his recruiting rankings wouldn't be Top 5 in the SEC west while he has recruited at the same level as Mullen. That is Top 4-5 in the Big 10. Said nothing about winning games

dawgday166
10-09-2016, 05:07 PM
The question wasn't could Michigan state under dantonio win the west. The question was could miss state under dantonio win the west

Read the quote I was responding to. Clark said he wouldn't finish 4 - 5 in SEC W. And as to winning SEC W - I think he might have with 2014 team. He beat OSU last year at OSU to go to playoff.

ETA: And recruiting rankings are just that - recruiting rankings. Hell, he might recruit better than Dan here at po ole State.

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 05:09 PM

With a staff and team he put together I wouldn't say he couldn't. Not with the country club staff and roster Mullen has given us could he win. Saban couldn't win with the roster and staff that is assembled here.

Cowboydawg
10-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Dantonio hasn't faired well against the SEC as the coach of Michigan State. I think he would be a very good coach for LSU...and Bama obviously.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Dantonio hasn't faired well against the SEC as the coach of Michigan State. I think he would be a very good coach for LSU...and Bama obviously.

I think Petrino or dantonio at lsu would be a serious challenge for saban

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2016, 07:01 PM
I think Petrino or dantonio at lsu would be a serious challenge for saban

Petrino with lsu money would be scary.