PDA

View Full Version : The lack of effort yesterday bothered me

EngDawg
10-09-2016, 09:52 AM
I can get over everything else. It seemed like we just bent over and took what was coming.

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Starts at the top

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 10:05 AM
I think the whole scenery bothered us ALL!!

Oleo
10-09-2016, 10:19 AM
I think when you see this type of play,,, and you feel likes its 'lack of effort' as you say- often its that there is division and dissent on the team. I think the QB competition
created this. I think there are a lot of players who feel Damian Williams is the best option while coach felt Fitz was best. Furthermore, looked like Mullen punished the team by not playing Damian at all in three of the games. When Fitz had a decent game against SoCar, Mullen felt he had made the right choice but the team felt like Mullen wasnt fair with Damian

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2016, 10:21 AM
I think when you see this type of play,,, and you feel likes its 'lack of effort' as you say- often its that there is division and dissent on the team. I think the QB competition
created this. I think there are a lot of players who feel Damian Williams is the best option while coach felt Fitz was best. Furthermore, looked like Mullen punished the team by not playing Damian at all in three of the games. When Fitz had a decent game against SoCar, Mullen felt he had made the right choice but the team felt like Mullen wasnt fair with Damian

I think you may be right.

ScreenCaptureThis
10-09-2016, 10:29 AM
No. The team thinks Tiano is the answer. Damian was the placeholder while Mullen made his usual "the older player plays first" shtick happen. The players think Tiano is the QB of now, but realize Mullen won't give him a chance.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-09-2016, 10:44 AM

If the players are pulling shit like this because the guy they want isn't the guy, then you might as well get rid of them or get rid of the coach because these situations never fix themselves.

IMissJack
10-09-2016, 11:26 AM
I can get over everything else. It seemed like we just bent over and took what was coming.

My 80 year old father called me yesterday and said "I've seen MSU lose a lot of games, but not many where they did not at least have a little fight."

TNDawg35
10-09-2016, 11:28 AM

You mean lack of "strain"....

and yes, it was a cluster****. Mullen doesnt give 2 shits anymore...

parabrave
10-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Somebody can go tell 55 that its ok to get out of his 3 point stance now.

TimberBeast
10-09-2016, 12:25 PM
If the players are pulling shit like this because the guy they want isn't the guy, then you might as well get rid of them or get rid of the coach because these situations never fix themselves.

Like I said yesterday, the anti-fitz stuff was all made up as a distraction from mullen's terrible coaching. Don't believe the BS.

Oleo
10-09-2016, 12:38 PM

I dont , for a second, think that there is a conscious decision from the players to play with a lack of energy, strain, focus, cohesiveness or 'effort' or whatever you call it.

I just think we are seeing the results of dissension or difference of opinion. I think a good number of players felt Damian should have been had more opportunity and that Fitz was Mullen's choice.
Again, not a conscious decision to play with no zip, just a a byproduct of some Mullen coaching decisions.

GTHOM
10-09-2016, 12:45 PM
No. The team thinks Tiano is the answer. Damian was the placeholder while Mullen made his usual "the older player plays first" shtick happen. The players think Tiano is the QB of now, but realize Mullen won't give him a chance.

Heard the same thing from several players

Cowboydawg
10-09-2016, 01:05 PM

The lack of effort and body language of this team is definitely the most concerning. This team has talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

The move away from Dam Williams and getting Tiano some snaps at the end of the game is telling. Mullen needs to challenge the upperclassmen and give their spot to the younger guys if they don't step up with some effort.

gravedigger
10-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Heard the same thing from several players

Please go inform those players that they are morons per Goat holder. That putting in the best qb according to them would be making the same old mistakes.

ckDOG
10-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Good coaches have their players pulling in the same direction regardless of personnel selection. Plug and play. If there is division amongst the players it's his responsively to sniff that out and fix it ASAP. You can watch this team for 5 minutes and know something is wrong from an effort standpoint. Aside from the opening minutes of the Carolina game, this team has merely gone through the motions on the field. No intensity as a team whatsoever. There might be a good individual effort from time to time, but yesterday that was followed up with personal foul yardage. This is embarrassing. And it all comes from the top. Earn your paycheck and Fix it now or GTFO. We can get this production from a staff at a quarter of the price.

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Somebody can go tell 55 that its ok to get out of his 3 point stance now.

At least he'll never be flagged for a false start or holding.

dawg27
10-09-2016, 02:09 PM
My 80 year old father called me yesterday and said "I've seen MSU lose a lot of games, but not many where they did not at least have a little fight."

I will agree i have been to about every home game for the the last 13 yrs, so i have seen us loose and look bad, but yesterday well this whole year the team just looks like to me they have no fight, we have not looked football ready. I was down at field the first game while they was warmimg up, a friend of mine that was there told me then we do not look football ready, i at that point did not believe him, but turns out he was right, what is wrong with this team.

dawg27
10-09-2016, 02:18 PM
And i really have heard enough about this team being young, this is dans 8th year it his job to get this team ready, I mean we are not the only team that loose players every team every year has players that move on, it is the coaches job to recruit players that is ready to step in and replace and keep the train rolling, am i wrong on that.

RougeDawg
10-09-2016, 04:31 PM
The team is doing to Dan what he did to us 2 years ago, quit on our program. Dak just garnered a light respect that he pulled the team together the last two seasons. The players have seen since the TR over Dak and Perk over JRob crap that Dan doesn't play the best players. It's hurting us on the field and recruiting trail. In the lyrics of the great Sam Cooke "A Change is gonna come".