PDA

View Full Version : Urban Meyer

msstate7
10-09-2016, 09:17 AM
You think Florida fans regret flipping out over Florida being way down on Meyer after tebow left? I can remember vividly all the calls for urban's head or for him to switch to a pro style offense bc of bama's success. Urban just said screw it and "retired". Now he's kicking butt at Ohio state with a natty and Florida is a shell of what they were with Meyer.

Now I realize that what happened at Florida isn't necessarily what would happen here if we made a change. I'd hate to find out Mullen is far from done at another school while we struggle to even get back to Mullen level here though. I personally wanna give Mullen '17 to be sure

smootness
10-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Yes

confucius say
10-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Urban was burnt out. He needed the time off and a change of scenery. So does Dan. It's not personal, I applaud Dan for what he accomplished here and we all should. It's just run its course. I have no doubt Dan will be successful again if he lands in the right place, but he needs the change of scenery as bad as we do. It's best for both sides at this point.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Urban was burnt out. He needed the time off and a change of scenery. So does Dan. It's not personal, I applaud Dan for what he accomplished here and we all should. It's just run its course. I have no doubt Dan will be successful again if he lands in the right place, but he needs the change of scenery as bad as we do. It's best for both sides at this point.

Exactly !

gtowndawg
10-09-2016, 09:40 AM

This all day. WTH would we give someone another year that is obviously going thru the motions? Come on man.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 09:41 AM

I've bought into urban being burned out too and he very well may have. With that said though, maybe it was more just not having a qb ready after tebow left. Do you think urban would've been burned out that year had cam Newton not gotten booted from school? I think a qb like tebow and dak can let an offensive coach like urban and Mullen take things for granted on offense which leads to a let down when you don't have that straw... not to mention the leadership each team loss after losing such great leaders at qb

Dawgology
10-09-2016, 09:46 AM

Exactly. It's no hard feeling or anything. Hell hes been the greatest coach ever at MSU but it is pretty obvious that he is kind of going through the motions at this point. MAYBE give him '17 if this team shows signs of life down the stretch but I really don't see that happening.

dawgday166
10-09-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm not even sure how to put Dan in the same sentence as Urban. Urban himself said the first time he talked with Dan he wanted to hit him. Urban is a relentless recruiter. Urban develops QBs better than Dan. Urban's defenses are more aggressive. Urban's offenses are more creative. Urban has won big and consistently wherever he went. Urban will adapt if necessary ... constantly looking to improve. So much so that he asked Dan in 2014 how he got so much depth on the D line ... then he went on to win the NC.

Urban is in another league from Dan.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm not even sure how to put Dan in the same sentence as Urban. Urban himself said the first time he talked with Dan he wanted to hit him. Urban is a relentless recruiter. Urban develops QBs better than Dan. Urban's defenses are more aggressive. Urban's offenses are more creative. Urban has won big and consistently wherever he went. Urban will adapt if necessary ... constantly looking to improve. So much so that he asked Dan in 2014 how he got so much depth on the D line ... then he went on to win the NC.

Urban is in another league from Dan.

And Florida is in another league than miss state, so that makes the comparison more equal.

And I have never said or insinuated than Dan is on urban's level. Urban is my favorite coach

Dawgtini
10-09-2016, 10:07 AM
You think Florida fans regret flipping out over Florida being way down on Meyer after tebow left? I can remember vividly all the calls for urban's head or for him to switch to a pro style offense bc of bama's success. Urban just said screw it and "retired". Now he's kicking butt at Ohio state with a natty and Florida is a shell of what they were with Meyer.

Now I realize that what happened at Florida isn't necessarily what would happen here if we made a change. I'd hate to find out Mullen is far from done at another school while we struggle to even get back to Mullen level here though. I personally wanna give Mullen '17 to be sure
+1

Op4isabitch
10-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Dan Mvllen ain't no Urban Meyer.

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 10:11 AM
All y'all please keep your wanting him to stay in this thread. Contain the lunacy. And call Meyer and apologize for mentioning Mullen in the same breath.

BulldogBear
10-09-2016, 10:15 AM
I've bought into urban being burned out too and he very well may have. With that said though, maybe it was more just not having a qb ready after tebow left. Do you think urban would've been burned out that year had cam Newton not gotten booted from school? I think a qb like tebow and dak can let an offensive coach like urban and Mullen take things for granted on offense which leads to a let down when you don't have that straw... not to mention the leadership each team loss after losing such great leaders at qb

Straw = Strain?

TrapGame
10-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Dan Mvllen ain't no Urban Meyer.

At this point he ain't no Oscar Meyer either.

confucius say
10-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Dan is not urban Bc of recruiting. End of story.

Really Clark?
10-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Less to do with Urban being burnt out on coaching, it was mostly real life problems, locker room insanity, and Florida needing him to stick one more year before they parted ways because of those issues and the break between Urban and Foley. There was a mess down there on several levels.

Op4isabitch
10-09-2016, 02:12 PM
At this point he ain't no Oscar Meyer either.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TrapGame again.