PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Bitchslapped Edition

lamont
10-09-2016, 09:13 AM
1. Just not a whole lot to say about Saturday. 2 weeks off to get ready. Playing at home. Then its 35-0 at halftime. They just lined up and whipped our ass. They threw enough to hit some big plays- but they didnt do much because they simply didnt have to. Just whipped our ass. Auburn gave not one **** when they came out in the 2nd half- all they wanted to do was burn clock and get back home. They had proved their point.

2. Yep- I'm gonna say "I told you so". You knew I would. We struggled to beat UMass. We lost to South Alabama. There was no way in hell we were going to play with Auburn- who has one of the SEC's best OL's and DL's. Unless you have bigtime playmakers like an OM- you cant overcome a team thats much better than you upfront. That is where football is won and lost. When I saw we couldnt run at all on LSU- I knew we were going to see pretty much the same thing vs Auburn. Thats football. Miss State cant afford to have a guy that is not a relentless recruiter or someone that doesnt fix problems with recruiting on his staff. T-Buck was employed for 3 weeks before signing day- and he pulled in our highest rated OL recruit. Its that kind of crap that has seen us get to this point.
Auburn is a team that is young at RB, WR, and LB- but they have talent. They are getting better every week. You can see it. State is a team that is not getting better every week. You can see that too.

3. We have a severe lack of overall talent. If you arent convinced already- wait until we struggle vs BYU and Kentucky. Our current recruiting strategy this year to load up on jucos isnt going to help that. Reeks of desperation. And no matter how many times Mullen says it- we arent young. 30 of our 44 on the depth chart are 3rd year college players or better. 2/3 of them are in their 3rd year of college or better.

4. Guess what guys? Dan Mullen has a new agent. You may have heard of him- Jimmy Sexton. He's already working it with 2-3 schools already.

5. My guy told me yesterday that we absolutely will not fire Dan Mullen after this season. "But if he leaves, nobody is going to be sad". Also said of course Mullen wouldnt get his contract extended after the season either. Would put him down to 2 years. "But I'll be very surprised if he is here. I predict Sexton finds him another gig, Mullen takes the paycut citing it's time for a new challenge or some BS like that". This guy was around decision makers all day yesterday. Very telling of where we are right now with our football program.

6. I simply dont understand how Holloway keeps playing. How in the hell could you recruit that terribly at RB not to have someone you trust more than him to help your offense? It's become a big joke now. Holloway should be a D-II All-American at Delta State or somewhere.

7. If Brian Johnson did indeed call plays in the 2nd half- dont read much into it. The game was decided and Mullen was just letting him get some experience. You can bet he and Hev already call a play or two here and there during games already. "Hey coach- the left DE keeps squeezing- run the zone read here". Happens all over at every school.

8. We didnt play Damien at all. That tells me we have decided to get Fitz as much experience as possible moving forward to next year. Tiano aint happening either. Coming out of the bye week down 35-0 would have been the perfect time to play Tiano. We didnt. Tells you all you need to know. We cant play another RB other than Holloway down 35-0, we shirley wont play another QB.

9. Bama is going to win the NC again unless LSU can stop them. Their offense is ridiculous. LSU getting an off week is huge for them moving forward making their changes on offense. A&M is 6-0 for the 1st time in 20 years. Auburn gets better every week and they have lots of young, talented guys. UPig actually scored 30 on Bama- but was outclassed. Gonna be hard to slow them down with our D. OM has a great offense. BYU won on the road at Michigan State last night. Kentucky has 3 wins now- that will be a battle. Not many wins for us left out there. The streak is about to be over. With that said.....

10. The owners of Elitedawgs.com have unanimously decided that we will no longer support Coach Dan Mullen as the leader of our football program. His perpetual job hunting every December has not allowed the program to capitalize on the amazing successes we've seen in recent years. Due to the lack of passion on the field and in recruiting, desire, dedication, and the obvious lack of buy-in from his own players, we feel strongly that changes need to be made at the end of the season.

Tripp McNeely
10-09-2016, 09:18 AM
^^^ Took me a long time to get in the boat, but yesterday was the 08' Egg Bowl all over again. He's elevated our program to levels it's never been, and that should NEVER be forgotten, but it's time for a mutual divorce!

Saltydog
10-09-2016, 09:26 AM
day after the Egg Bowl. That will be 3 in a row and this one will be UGLY! They'll name their score on us. If that won't change the mind of the sheep then there's nothing that will.

confucius say
10-09-2016, 09:27 AM
Yep. Thanks for what you accomplished Dan but it's obvious a change is in order. The most telling thing to me is not the lack of talent or personnel decisions (that existed in 09 too), but the fact that we don't play hard. The message has grown stale and its obvious.

That said, curious to know your thoughts, random, of where we go for our next coach. And don't say whittingham**

Oleo
10-09-2016, 09:30 AM
I agree with this post, mostly that the buck stops and starts with Mullen. Seems like he's been ready to go for last 2 yrs. All this shows up in lack of focus, enthusiasm
and recruiting has been affected. I hope the school admin can act effectively going forward... not gonna be easy replacing Stricklin with the right guy and now, dealing with
Mullen, who is squarely on the hot seat.

gtowndawg
10-09-2016, 09:32 AM
hiring Jimmy Sexton is the best news I've heard. We're pulling for you Jimmy! Do work!

HSVDawg
10-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Agree with most everything. Still don't think Auburn is anything special. They will likely be 7-5 or 8-4 in a best case scenario if they beat UPig (OM and Bama gonna spank that ass). But that makes yesterday all the more inexcusable.

lamont
10-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Whittingham to me should be an option- he wins and is probably looking for a new challenge himself. Experienced HC. But of course he isnt the only option.

Orgeron should be looked at. Recruits like a mf'er. Has learned to let coordinators do their thing. Would love to stick it to OM

Memphis HC should be interviewed.

Mario Cristobal- Bama's Associate HC should be interviewed.

Those are just a few...would have to research to get 3-4 more good candidates.

lamont
10-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Agree with most everything. Still don't think Auburn is anything special. They will likely be 7-5 or 8-4 in a best case scenario if they beat UPig (OM and Bama gonna spank that ass). But that makes yesterday all the more inexcusable.

Their physicality will give OM some problems. Their front 4 can control OM's running game- allowing them to cover with 7. And they can run the ball on anyone they play.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Totally agree time for a change !! Its best for Mullen and best for US.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Whittingham to me should be an option- he wins and is probably looking for a new challenge himself. Experienced HC. But of course he isnt the only option.

Orgeron should be looked at. Recruits like a mf'er. Has learned to let coordinators do their thing. Would love to stick it to OM

I'd interview willie fritz

BulldogBear
10-09-2016, 09:45 AM
Yep. Thanks for what you accomplished Dan but it's obvious a change is in order. The most telling thing to me is not the lack of talent or personnel decisions (that existed in 09 too), but the fact that we don't play hard. The message has grown stale and its obvious.

This is one of the main reasons I've left the fence COMEPLETELY. I absolutely do appreciate Dan for the positive things he's brought but being where we are compared to two years ago this weekend is just mind boggling. How do you not capitalize on that somehow? How do you digress? I'm not talking Ws and Ls; we knew there would be dropoff. It's hows and whys. It's the spirit of the program. How the heck are we where we are now and the problem not be part if not mostly CDM leadership? This is BS. We could have the same dang record since 2014 Vandy game but look very differently. Lose yesterday 38-35 in a hard fought well coached game and it somehow feels different even though still painful. Heck, even South Alabama would have been a little more palitible if we'd just straight up lost to an opponent that was awfully scrappy that day instead of collapsing....AGAINST SOUTH ALABAMA. Hows and Whys are the reasons I'm ready for CDM to be a free agent before the BYU game kickoff.

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 09:48 AM

How good can O be without elite talent? Has great talent at LSU and very good if not enough of it at SC. That is my issue with him.

Dawgface
10-09-2016, 09:51 AM
hiring Jimmy Sexton is the best news I've heard. We're pulling for you Jimmy! Do work!

Let's hope Sexton can pull a rabbit out of the hat. But if we go 3-9....who in their right mind would want him? Maybe an Iowa St, UTEP or someone like that. My fingers and toes are crossed.

Dawgology
10-09-2016, 09:51 AM
1. Just not a whole lot to say about Saturday. 2 weeks off to get ready. Playing at home. Then its 35-0 at halftime. They just lined up and whipped our ass. They threw enough to hit some big plays- but they didnt do much because they simply didnt have to. Just whipped our ass. Auburn gave not one **** when they came out in the 2nd half- all they wanted to do was burn clock and get back home. They had proved their point.

2. Yep- I'm gonna say "I told you so". You knew I would. We struggled to beat UMass. We lost to South Alabama. There was no way in hell we were going to play with Auburn- who has one of the SEC's best OL's and DL's. Unless you have bigtime playmakers like an OM- you cant overcome a team thats much better than you upfront. That is where football is won and lost. When I saw we couldnt run at all on LSU- I knew we were going to see pretty much the same thing vs Auburn. Thats football. Miss State cant afford to have a guy that is not a relentless recruiter or someone that doesnt fix problems with recruiting on his staff. T-Buck was employed for 3 weeks before signing day- and he pulled in our highest rated OL recruit. Its that kind of crap that has seen us get to this point.
Auburn is a team that is young at RB, WR, and LB- but they have talent. They are getting better every week. You can see it. State is a team that is not getting better every week. You can see that too.

3. We have a severe lack of overall talent. If you arent convinced already- wait until we struggle vs BYU and Kentucky. Our current recruiting strategy this year to load up on jucos isnt going to help that. Reeks of desperation. And no matter how many times Mullen says it- we arent young. 30 of our 44 on the depth chart are 3rd year college players or better. 2/3 of them are in their 3rd year of college or better.

4. Guess what guys? Dan Mullen has a new agent. You may have heard of him- Jimmy Sexton. He's already working it with 2-3 schools already.

5. My guy told me yesterday that we absolutely will not fire Dan Mullen after this season. "But if he leaves, nobody is going to be sad". Also said of course Mullen wouldnt get his contract extended after the season either. Would put him down to 2 years. "But I'll be very surprised if he is here. I predict Sexton finds him another gig, Mullen takes the paycut citing it's time for a new challenge or some BS like that". This guy was around decision makers all day yesterday. Very telling of where we are right now with our football program.

6. I simply dont understand how Holloway keeps playing. How in the hell could you recruit that terribly at RB not to have someone you trust more than him to help your offense? It's become a big joke now. Holloway should be a D-II All-American at Delta State or somewhere.

7. If Brian Johnson did indeed call plays in the 2nd half- dont read much into it. The game was decided and Mullen was just letting him get some experience. You can bet he and Hev already call a play or two here and there during games already. "Hey coach- the left DE keeps squeezing- run the zone read here". Happens all over at every school.

8. We didnt play Damien at all. That tells me we have decided to get Fitz as much experience as possible moving forward to next year. Tiano aint happening either. Coming out of the bye week down 35-0 would have been the perfect time to play Tiano. We didnt. Tells you all you need to know. We cant play another RB other than Holloway down 35-0, we shirley wont play another QB.

9. Bama is going to win the NC again unless LSU can stop them. Their offense is ridiculous. LSU getting an off week is huge for them moving forward making their changes on offense. A&M is 6-0 for the 1st time in 20 years. Auburn gets better every week and they have lots of young, talented guys. UPig actually scored 30 on Bama- but was outclassed. Gonna be hard to slow them down with our D. OM has a great offense. BYU won on the road at Michigan State last night. Kentucky has 3 wins now- that will be a battle. Not many wins for us left out there. The streak is about to be over. With that said.....

10. The owners of Elitedawgs.com have unanimously decided that we will no longer support Coach Dan Mullen as the leader of our football program. His perpetual job hunting every December has not allowed the program to capitalize on the amazing successes we've seen in recent years. Due to the lack of passion on the field and in recruiting, desire, dedication, and the obvious lack of buy-in from his own players, we feel strongly that changes need to be made at the end of the season.

I'm not an owner or voting member but I concur. I was being patient and thought I would let the season play out but it is painfully obvious at this point.

lamont
10-09-2016, 09:54 AM
How good can O be without elite talent? Has great talent at LSU and very good if not enough of it at SC. That is my issue with him.

How hard will O recruit to get as much talent as possible??? He is a warrior on the recruiting side

bobcat91
10-09-2016, 10:03 AM
I agree that Mullen will be here next year if if wants to be/cant get out. I have been a big supporter of Mullen because I was a student here when we were Tech and Ten under Rocky. I've seen more terrible football at State than most and know what a program looks like when you are a 3 game winner every year for as long as the eye can see. I also didn't want change, because of the thought that Stricklin would be involved in the hire--he of Rick Ray fame. Having said all of that, I can accept losing a game as long as the players and staff are giving their best efforts like we did early on in the Mullen era. I no longer see that. I see players poorly coached and going through the motions. I see no fire in the coaching staff and no adjustments. In the first half yesterday, Auburn had two plays they ran over and over again. One was the 15 yard curl in front of the safetys, that was successful every time and the other was the RB flair which also was successful every time. No adjustments were made to stop it. At the end of the day, I appreciate everything Mullen has done to elevate the program and make no mistake, he has. But it is time for new leadership because his heart is no longer in this and the fire is gone.

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 10:07 AM
How hard will O recruit to get as much talent as possible??? He is a warrior on the recruiting side

Absolutely agree he will get the talent needed to compete in the west. How long does that take? UNM is going to get hammered, that will be a help and a hindrance. They will be turning over rocks to screw us, but they will have severe scholarship reductions that will help us. Even though I don't think they will stop cheating. I just wonder how long we will suffer until he could get things turned around?

BulldogBear
10-09-2016, 10:11 AM

Absolutely agree he will get the talent needed to compete in the west. How long does that take? UNM is going to get hammered, that will be a help and a hindrance. They will be turning over rocks to screw us, but they will have severe scholarship reductions that will help us. Even though I don't think they will stop cheating. I just wonder how long we will suffer until he could get things turned around?

I'm open minded at this point.

Is it telling, as far as how far we've digressed, that I would consider O?

Bum Rum Hum Hum BULLLLDOOOOOGS

dparker
10-09-2016, 10:16 AM
My one concern is that if we wait and see what Mullen decides at the end of the year then it puts us behind the ball in replacing him. A good coach isn't going to wait around to see if we have a spot opening up.

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 10:20 AM
My one concern is that if we wait and see what Mullen decides at the end of the year then it puts us behind the ball in replacing him. A good coach isn't going to wait around to see if we have a spot opening up.

If we have anyone with a brain, which we do, we will start making contacts with agents today. Howland was hired and done with without the AD dept being involved at all. I predict the same thing will happen in this case. This will be handled by back channels. We have a prez that understand how things need to be done when it's time to get dirty.

Op4isabitch
10-09-2016, 10:29 AM
# 10.

I'm on board, the constant whoring himself out for other jobs has done more damage to our program than the good that being #1 has done for it.

It appears Dan has become complacent and thinks that he is more important to MSU than MSU is to him.

Thanks for what you've done Dan, enjoy the next phase in your career.

cheewgumm
10-09-2016, 10:35 AM
I'd LOVE to have Coach O given the situation and what we think is coming with Ole Miss.

It's time to attempt and load up on talent.

lamont
10-09-2016, 10:37 AM
People need to realize- we are not firing Dan Mullen. We're not

We have to depend on Jimmy Sexton. Hopefully we are doing homework and preparing ourselves for Sexton to do his job well. Remember- you change agents because you are unhappy with your current agent or you realize another agent can benefit you more. Sexton is the top guy around right now

Op4isabitch
10-09-2016, 10:39 AM
I'm of the opinion we owe Dan nothing, he was compensated handsomely for his work here and job shopped every year.

We can and should do the same! As for the media fallout, who cares, they crucify us anyway so let's get negotiating right now.

BoomBoom
10-09-2016, 10:43 AM

We have to depend on Jimmy Sexton. Hopefully we are doing homework and preparing ourselves for Sexton to do his job well. Remember- you change agents because you are unhappy with your current agent or you realize another agent can benefit you more. Sexton is the top guy around right now

Is there not a middle ground plan, where a new AD meets with Mullen and lays down the law on some changes...and if he cant handle it and quits, so be it?

mic
10-09-2016, 10:50 AM
We need to pull the trigger Monday morning.. Get his ass out of here and take his running buddy Hev with him.. Not that it matters but name Brian OC and name someone on the Def side of the ball interim HC. Maybe it will light a small spark and at least the team will give effort the final 7 games.
Play Tiano.. This team isn't going to rally around Fitz.. Not all Fitz fault, apparently we have very selfish players, and that aren't very good .. But #7 isn't our QB going forward so let's make a change and it's not DW.
This team looks soft .. Maybe that's what we get for hiring in house S&C coach.. I never hear current players tweeting out about S&C like the guys did just a few years back.
Time to change the culture , get a guy here ( young or older ) with some fire and ISNT a CCB coach.

And we ex players keep calling out the team and coaching staff they knows hats up and going on. And these are guys that played under the current staff and guys that are still big parts of the program. ( JB, Dixon, Cox)

And btw Scott I don't want to see u walking around and shaking hands at the Samford game.. Take it on down the road ..

Dawgfan77
10-09-2016, 10:54 AM
I say we get a guy like Fleck who is young and and up and comer for 3 mill Hire O as assistant HC DC/DL pay him 1.5. We need to keep T buck as well.

DLGDawg
10-09-2016, 11:00 AM

And this is the message that we need to scream from the mountain tops. Just looking at the wind and losses...folks would think we're crazy for wanting to get rid of Mullen. BUT that's not why we're so upset. It's the how as bulldogbear said.

We are not dissatisfied with Mullen's record. He's earned a down year in a normal situation. Dan has quit on US. That's the message that everyone outside of our family needs to know.

msstatelp1
10-09-2016, 11:01 AM

How good can any coach be without elite talent? Show me any coach that has won continuously with below average talent.

msstatelp1
10-09-2016, 11:04 AM

Maybe we should offer Sexton a bonus if he finds DM another job .

msstatelp1
10-09-2016, 11:06 AM
day after the Egg Bowl. That will be 3 in a row and this one will be UGLY! They'll name their score on us. If that won't change the mind of the sheep then there's nothing that will.

Don't have to wait til the Egg Bowl.

civildawg
10-09-2016, 11:18 AM
I just don't understand how we can not fire him when he has lost control of the team and go 3-9. I just can't fathom Keenum keeping him. We have the money for the buyout just do it after the ole miss ass whooping.

gtowndawg
10-09-2016, 11:20 AM

Again, the Jimmy Sexton news is the best thing I've heard in 3 months. The man is money hungry. Not only will he be motivated to find Mullen a new gig, but he could possibly get one of his clients hired at state. He could double dip on us but I'm cool with that. He gets Mullen a new job. We don't owe a buyout and we get a hungry new coach. That's a good of a situation we can ask for right now.

basedog
10-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Yes I have to agree it's time. Have not a clue who we will interview or who would be interested but I'm betting it want be a blue chip coach. Hard to believe Mullen had everything going and now he could be joining others in our famous "graveyard" although I think he lands a job somewhere. Like someone said, maybe he needs to sit out a year and regroup and rethink what he has done right and wrong.

I'm thinking now Mullen will resign after the season or maybe he will ask to resign with some type of money buyout less than what is owed.

Here we go again wash, rinse and repeat. We have gotten a little better but it's back to square one.

Tbonewannabe
10-09-2016, 11:21 AM

We could eliminate the buyout which would increase interested schools.

Tbonewannabe
10-09-2016, 11:25 AM

We aren't firing Mullen right now but Croom was also coming back until he was bent over and rammed by everyone that had a bow tie and boat shoes at the time. The Egg Bowl has a way of getting coaches from making changes in the program to looking for a job. Coach O was also basically fired for a 4th down call. He was coming back before he gave away the Egg Bowl to golf cart.

mic
10-09-2016, 11:34 AM
12-10 since the last week we #1...

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Was discussing potential new coaches with another person on this board last week and the name Kliff Kingsbury came up. From what I saw he is extremely talented with offenses. Get him and then lock up a top flight D.C.

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Was discussing potential new coaches with another person on this board last week and the name Kliff Kingsbury came up. From what I saw he is extremely talented with offenses. Get him and then lock up a top flight D.C.

If your going after him why not just go get the pirate.

lamont
10-09-2016, 11:49 AM
Actually- the OK was given to fire Croom after the 3rd or 4th game of the season. It was left up to Byrne and he didn't tip his hat until the Egg Bowl beat down

TrapGame
10-09-2016, 11:53 AM

This^^^

Worse in year 8 than year 1.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-09-2016, 11:57 AM
If your going after him why not just go get the pirate.

Leech ain't coming here. If Klingsbury can't win against Big 12 Defenses, he won't fair very well against SEC Defenses. I do like Mike Gundy if it is true he is sideways with Boone and Co at OSU.

TrapGame
10-09-2016, 12:04 PM
I'd LOVE to have Coach O given the situation and what we think is coming with Ole Miss.

It's time to attempt and load up on talent.

This all damn day.

Coach O is light years better as a HC now. Can you imagine the looks on the faces of om folks when O takes the top talent in the state and whips their asses in every EB.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 12:08 PM
How good can any coach be without elite talent? Show me any coach that has won continuously with below average talent.

Ken Niumatalolo

ILOATHEBears
10-09-2016, 12:09 PM

I agree with all this except one part. The decision makers decided at the beginning of the year this was cdms last year regardless of record. That is why the urgency for Mullen to get a new agent and why his game plans are sh$t. He is sticking it to us on his swan song. Because for the need for the cigar boys stepping in once again it made the UF/Stricklin marriage even more likely. It's a real good chance we have a person that wants this job lined up.

gtowndawg
10-09-2016, 12:13 PM
I agree with all this except one part. The decision makers decided at the beginning of the year this was cdms last year regardless of record. That is why the urgency for Mullen to get a new agent and why his game plans are sh$t. He is sticking it to us on his swan song. Because for the need for the cigar boys stepping in once again it made the UF/Stricklin marriage even more likely. It's a real good chance we have a person that wants this job lined up.

I have no doubt he is sticking it to us. But let's pay him another 4 million to stick it to us again next year. We are M State.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Since the ED owners and almost all its members want Mullen fired, you should show how serious you are and raise up part of the how ever many millions that will cost. I'd be very interested in how important much getting a new coach is to you guys when it comes to your pocketbook.

NCDawg
10-09-2016, 12:16 PM

I agree with this. If LSU does not offer him the permanent job, I really hope we will. It's pretty obvious that our recruiting has not been very good for a long time. Coach O excels in recruiting, the players love him, and I'm sure he would hire some great assistant coaches.

ILOATHEBears
10-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Since the ED owners and almost all its members want Mullen fired, you should show how serious you are and raise up part of the how ever many millions that will cost. I'd be very interested in how important much getting a new coach is to you guys when it comes to your pocketbook.

Pretty sure a famous alum left $$ specifically for this day

Gutter Cobreh
10-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Someone in "the know" and help me understand if there is anyone currently on staff worth keeping (ala Hughes) when the changes do happen? For some reason I think T. Buck is worth trying to keep. Sirmon is probably out as a new coach would want a new DC, but anyone on staff that is new that has proven themselves recruiting so far that is worth trying to keep?

Mjoelner34
10-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Leech ain't coming here. If Klingsbury can't win against Big 12 Defenses, he won't fair very well against SEC Defenses. I do like Mike Gundy if it is true he is sideways with Boone and Co at OSU.

That was me talking Kingsbury with Starkvegas. His first 4 games this year his team averaged 59.5 points per game. Last night he scored 38 with a QB who had an injured shoulder and was a game time decision.

Instead of looking at his W/L record, I'm looking at what he has done offensively at Houston, aTm and TT. At all 3 places he has had explosive offenses. In their losses last year they scored 52,35,27,53,26 and 27. Doesn't sound like opposing defenses are the problem for him.

If what you said about Gundy is true, he should be very high on a list also.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Pretty sure a famous alum left $$ specifically for this day

Who has power of attorney over this trust? What's the balance?

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Someone in "the know" and help me understand if there is anyone currently on staff worth keeping (ala Hughes) when the changes do happen? For some reason I think T. Buck is worth trying to keep. Sirmon is probably out as a new coach would want a new DC, but anyone on staff that is new that has proven themselves recruiting so far that is worth trying to keep?

TBuck. Also 3 members of the recruiting staff...

Dawgfan77
10-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Ken Niumatalolo

I will stop attending games if we go triple option. You can forget being the game with QB and wr. Tech people hate johnson

msstate7
10-09-2016, 12:25 PM
I will stop attending games if we go triple option. You can forget being the game with QB and wr. Tech people hate johnson

Navy people aren't hating ken. Tulane people are happy with fritz

GTHOM
10-09-2016, 12:27 PM
I bet #5 changes after OM beats us like we stole something

GTHOM
10-09-2016, 12:34 PM

If we are set in stone not firing him then you can bet your ass that he is gonna be here next year cause nobody wants him. Hes tried and tried to leave but nobody would take him why would they after a 3-9 trainwreck? CAN. HIS. ASS.

Dawgfan77
10-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Navy people aren't hating ken. Tulane people are happy with fritz

We need to run an offense that's a quick strike but with a power running game. I also want an attcking D.

maroonmania
10-09-2016, 12:36 PM
I don't want to pile on at this point because it really does nobody any good. If changes are to be made at the end of the season then I won't be involved in it anyway but I certainly won't be opposed if they are made. Only thing I will say is that it is sad in the fact that I have never seen a coach squander such an opportunity to truly elevate a program as Dan Mullen did following our landmark 2014 season where we spent 5 weeks as the talk of all of college football. Such a waste and right here at the time that the Bears are going to be slammed by the NCAA.

Dawgfan77
10-09-2016, 12:37 PM
If we are set in stone not firing him then you can bet your ass that he is gonna be here next year cause nobody wants him. Hes tried and tried to leave but nobody would take him why would they after a 3-9 trainwreck? CAN. HIS. ASS.
He was gone last year til Richt was let go at uga

Bothrops
10-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Mullen can lose out this season and still be one of a small handful of coaches that finished above the .500 mark here at State.

But now, his passion for MSU is gone and it's painfully obvious. I have been complaining about the use of our RB personnel for over a year now, and it's also obvious that we have guys on the sidelines that could have helped us last year, and could have helped us up to this point in 2016. However, nothing changes. He has no intention of trying to improve our chances to win games.

I hope it's true that he's looking for a new challenge, but believe that Dan will likely have the same 6-8 year shelf life anywhere he gets a job. It's been confirmed in my mind that he's checked out with his responsibilities here at State. Since he wants to be gone, let it be so. Time to start over.

GTHOM
10-09-2016, 12:41 PM
He was gone last year til Richt was let go at uga

Im guessing you are talking about him going to Miami? I dont believe it. He interviewed down there before and they didnt like him because ''he invented football''. Fire his ass

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 12:49 PM
What pisses me off the most is that Mullen was allowed to do this. This crap didn't just happen over night. Our athletic department DID NOT hold him accountable and let him do what he damn well pleased. Now that it has hit the fan a certain person who shall not be named got outta dodge because he didn't have the stones to deal with a problem he enabled! And this unnamed person was supposedly a bulldog

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2016, 12:59 PM
Chris Peterson - Boise State.

DogsofAnarchy
10-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Random we are the exact same page. The only thing I can see that I know that you understand is the fact that we have SOME talent. Enough talent to at least be competing. The players that we have are not well coached, I do agree. However, we have enough players that if they were put in the right position, they would compete for 6 or 7 wins. OL is the most glaring weakness but that position has been a problem since Hevesy got here.

Sacrifice
10-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Mullen is done, you could see it in his demeanor on the sidelines yesterday. Once you lose a team to this extent there's no way to get it back. The players have stop playing hard for him. It's probably gonna get worst. I'm sure the players know he's hired Sexton, they know he wants out. It's over!
We need to start looking now!

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 01:49 PM
If sexton does work his magic and gets Dan another job we wont have to pay his buyout right?

TrapGame
10-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Mullen is done, you could see it in his demeanor on the sidelines yesterday. Once you lose a team to this extent there's no way to get it back. The players have stop playing hard for him. It's probably gonna get worst. I'm sure the players know he's hired Sexton, they know he wants out. It's over!

That post game presser was the last shovel of shit on a pile already ten feet tall. I half expected him to pull a Croom and say "Well, I knew we were gonna lose this game."

OurState
10-09-2016, 01:53 PM

Random Poster,

Clear out your DM's or check any alternate user names you have for a pvt msg

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 01:56 PM

"You are correct sir".

HoopsDawg
10-09-2016, 01:58 PM
I barely care enough to type a post. Just want to say, I miss the 4-3. All of my concerns about it all offseason have come true. Also, can't believe we are playing Simmons at NG.

OurState
10-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Im guessing you are talking about him going to Miami? I dont believe it. He interviewed down there before and they didnt like him because ''he invented football''. Fire his ass

I heard the reason he keeps not getting high profile jobs has nothing to do with demeanor.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 02:09 PM
I barely care enough to type a post. Just want to say, I miss the 4-3. All of my concerns about it all offseason have come true. Also, can't believe we are playing Simmons at NG.

I agree with this. I really worry that we'll maximize potential with Adams (younger), Kobe, Simmons, and maybe even Spencer

RougeDawg
10-09-2016, 02:15 PM

Someone has been paying attention.

I said months ago that Keenum finally stepped in this off season and laid down the law to Dan and Scott. No longer would Keenum allow CDM walk all over SS without consequence. Keenum told Dan no raise, no extension, and neither until Hev was gone and he stopped whoring himself out each year, hurting our program.

I wasn't going to post this publicly until what I witnessed in person yesterday. I'm fairly certain every MSU fan with half a brain saw yesterday what some of us have been seeing the last 4 years. A coach who doesn't give a shit. Dak bought Dan two additional years than he wouldn't had without Dak.

During the off season meeting with Keenum and being big told to clean up his antics and chance his attitude and what actually sparked the no extension or raise talk were these exact words from Dans mouth to Keenum. "If I couldn't win the west these last two years with Dak as my QB, I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO WIN THE WEST OR SEC AT MISSISSIPPI STATE." That's when Keenum lost it and wanted to fire him on the spot but didn't for obvious reasons. He is essentially letting Dan hang himself because Dan quit on pit program two years ago. Then Dan has essentially carried over his defeatist attitude and we have the 2016 short wearing Mullen and season. That's why Strick got out when he could because he was going to be on the same greyhound leaving Starkville when Mullen does. Keenum is fed up with CDM. It's just a matter of when, not if at this point. I just hope we don't wait and suffer too long.

HoopsDawg
10-09-2016, 02:16 PM
I agree with this. I really worry that we'll maximize potential with Adams (younger), Kobe, Simmons, and maybe even Spencer

We have the personnel for a 4-2-5. That's what I was really hoping we would go to.

DE: Calvin
DT: Simmons
DT: James/Adams
DE: Jefferson

LB: R. Brown
LB: L. Lewis

DOG: Peters/McLaurin

S: Coman
S: Bryant
C: Jiles
C: Graham

That unit could have stopped the run.

JoseBrown
10-09-2016, 02:18 PM

Thank you.

lamont
10-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Random Poster,

I am the one and only Random Poster

Cleared

shoeless joe
10-09-2016, 02:24 PM

I said months ago that Keenum finally stepped in this off season and laid down the law to Dan and Scott. No longer would Keenum allow CDM walk all over SS without consequence. Keenum told Dan no raise, no extension, and neither until Hev was gone and he stopped whoring himself out each year, hurting our program.

I wasn't going to post this publicly until what I witnessed in person yesterday. I'm fairly certain every MSU fan with half a brain saw yesterday what some of us have been seeing the last 4 years. A coach who doesn't give a shit. Dak bought Dan two additional years than he wouldn't had without Dak.

During the off season meeting with Keenum and being big told to clean up his antics and chance his attitude and what actually sparked the no extension or raise talk were these exact words from Dans mouth to Keenum. "If I couldn't win the west these last two years with Dak as my QB, I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO WIN THE WEST OR SEC AT MISSISSIPPI STATE." That's when Keenum lost it and wanted to fire him on the spot but didn't for obvious reasons. He is essentially letting Dan hang himself because Dan quit on pit program two years ago. Then Dan has essentially carried over his defeatist attitude and we have the 2016 short wearing Mullen and season. That's why Strick got out when he could because he was going to be on the same greyhound leaving Starkville when Mullen does. Keenum is fed up with CDM. It's just a matter of when, not if at this point. I just hope we don't wait and suffer too long.

This is the version that I hope is true. But if it were why wouldn't Mullen try to increase his stock with a good showing without dak?

lamont
10-09-2016, 02:27 PM

I hope you are correct on this. Couple of actual big boys said it wasnt going to happen this year

lamont
10-09-2016, 02:29 PM
This is the version that I hope is true. But if it were why wouldn't Mullen try to increase his stock with a good showing without dak?

I think Mullen is trying- I just dont think there is alot of talent on the field. If he wanted to win short-term- Damien is a better answer than Fitz. Fitz is the long term answer in his opinion- so bite the bullet now and let him grow.

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 02:29 PM
I heard the reason he keeps not getting high profile jobs has nothing to do with demeanor.

Must have everything to do with his posture then**

msstate7
10-09-2016, 02:32 PM
If he wanted to win short-term- Damien is a better answer than Fitz. Fitz is the long term answer in his opinion- so bite the bullet now and let him grow.

I agree with this and that tells me dan's seat isn't nearly as hot as many here believe. It always tells me dan is playing with an eye on next season and beyond, so maybe he isn't eyeing other jobs as much as believed.

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 02:35 PM

I heard the exact same thing almost verbatim.

Tbonewannabe
10-09-2016, 02:41 PM
I agree with this and that tells me dan's seat isn't nearly as hot as many here believe. It always tells me dan is playing with an eye on next season and beyond, so maybe he isn't eyeing other jobs as much as believed.

Damian would have us exactly in the same place as now. Damian wouldn't beat any other SEC teams, Fitz playing up to his potential is our only hope unless Tiano is ready.

IMissJack
10-09-2016, 02:43 PM

No in my opinion. His offense is exciting, but he kills his defense because they are on the field so quickly.

BulldogBear
10-09-2016, 02:43 PM
We aren't firing Mullen right now but Croom was also coming back until he was bent over and rammed by everyone that had a bow tie and boat shoes at the time. The Egg Bowl has a way of getting coaches from making changes in the program to looking for a job. Coach O was also basically fired for a 4th down call. He was coming back before he gave away the Egg Bowl to golf cart.

IIRC I don't believe this is correct. Orgeron was gone regardless. In fact, they had made the decision much earlier in the season. Losing to us the way he did just fell into their lap and made it so that they didn't have to deal with any potential flak from firing their coach that had just beat their rival 21-0 on the road.

I do not want one of these Big 12 mindset coaches unless it is made clear that this is not Texas HS (Overrated) football. We will need to pay the $$$ it takes to get a top notch DC and he will be set free to steal, kill, and destroy. If we can't do that, I don't want any coach that has had anything to do with the Big 12.

We need to run an offense that's a quick strike but with a power running game. I also want an attcking D.
See previous quote and reply. Agreed.

I don't want to pile on at this point because it really does nobody any good. If changes are to be made at the end of the season then I won't be involved in it anyway but I certainly won't be opposed if they are made. Only thing I will say is that it is sad in the fact that I have never seen a coach squander such an opportunity to truly elevate a program as Dan Mullen did following our landmark 2014 season where we spent 5 weeks as the talk of all of college football. Such a waste and right here at the time that the Bears are going to be slammed by the NCAA.

Exactly, the product we are seeing today is unacceptable given our recent history. How the 17 did Mullen let this happen? <<<rhetorical

What pisses me off the most is that Mullen was allowed to do this. This crap didn't just happen over night. Our athletic department DID NOT hold him accountable and let him do what he damn well pleased. Now that it has hit the fan a certain person who shall not be named got outta dodge because he didn't have the stones to deal with a problem he enabled! And this unnamed person was supposedly a bulldog
I didn't want to believe this but more and more I am seeing that this is very likely true.

^^^This guy get it

That post game presser was the last shovel of shit on a pile already ten feet tall. I half expected him to pull a Croom and say "Well, I knew we were gonna lose this game."
I wonder how many times recently he has said execute or some derivative thereof. Croom used to say that a lot.

"Lack of execution" = coachspeak for "I don't have a clue how to teach/motivate (coach) these kids"

If this is true then it somewhat confirms that Dan is too dense and/or arrogant to see, much less admit, his own mistakes. The truth is we could've beaten both Bama and Ole Miss in 2014 with a better gameplan and if Mullen doesn't go scared, vanilla, and butthole puckered on us. So, it seems he is correct.... MULLEN couldn't win the West and the SEC with a Dak in place....but somebody else could have. He's right about himself...but not right about MSU.

IMissJack
10-09-2016, 02:46 PM
That was me talking Kingsbury with Starkvegas. His first 4 games this year his team averaged 59.5 points per game. Last night he scored 38 with a QB who had an injured shoulder and was a game time decision.

Instead of looking at his W/L record, I'm looking at what he has done offensively at Houston, aTm and TT. At all 3 places he has had explosive offenses. In their losses last year they scored 52,35,27,53,26 and 27. Doesn't sound like opposing defenses are the problem for him.

If what you said about Gundy is true, he should be very high on a list also.

What has he done defensively at TT? Terrible...

MidTNDawg
10-09-2016, 02:47 PM
Probably would have been nice to post something of significance which most of us did not already know. Your analysis in the past has had a little more "meat".

lamont
10-09-2016, 02:55 PM

Any coach would do it this way. Has to play for the future in case nobody will hire him. He didnt switch to Sexton for hell of it.

lamont
10-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Probably would have been nice to post something of significance which most of us did not already know. Your analysis in the past has had a little more "meat".

Managing Taco Bell takes up a lot more time these days

msstate7
10-09-2016, 02:57 PM

There was something very different today... random hasn't said Mullen wouldn't be fired this year until now

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 02:59 PM
If this is true then it somewhat confirms that Dan is too dense and/or arrogant to see, much less admit, his own mistakes. The truth is we could've beaten both Bama and Ole Miss in 2014 with a better gameplan and if Mullen doesn't go scared, vanilla, and butthole puckered on us. So, it seems he is correct.... MULLEN couldn't win the West and the SEC with a Dak in place....but somebody else could have. He's right about himself...but not right about MSU.[/QUOTE]

This is spot on. We should have won the West in '14, but Dan tucked his wiener in the Bama game and mailed it in after that. He needs professional help.

dawgday166
10-09-2016, 03:08 PM
I wonder how many times recently he has said execute or some derivative thereof. Croom used to say that a lot.

"Lack of execution" = coachspeak for "I don't have a clue how to teach/motivate (coach) these kids"

If this is true then it somewhat confirms that Dan is too dense and/or arrogant to see, much less admit, his own mistakes. The truth is we could've beaten both Bama and Ole Miss in 2014 with a better gameplan and if Mullen doesn't go scared, vanilla, and butthole puckered on us. So, it seems he is correct.... MULLEN couldn't win the West and the SEC with a Dak in place....but somebody else could have. He's right about himself...but not right about MSU.

I agree on all this and especially what's in bold. Dan lost both those games in my mind. If he had taken those lessons and figured out what he needed to do differently (which is what I hoped he would do) then things would be different now IMO. Head coaching just ain't execution, it's motivation and preparing teams psychologically to play. See Bryant, Saban, Meyer, Krzyzewski, etc. Bum Phillips said of Bryant "He can his'n and beat your'n, and your'n and beat his'n".

It sounds like Dan is convinced he needs elite talent to win West and while that helps, it didn't really help Miles. Sure he won NC in 07, but he lost 2 games that year and SEC had a stranglehold on a BCS bid due to Slive at the time. See Auburn 2010.

I don't believe elite talent at LSU will help Dan get over the hump. Put him at LSU and he'll still turn over DCs and lose 2 games a year - unless he will admit there are still some things he needs to figure out and then figure them out. He's good for at least 1 - 2 losses due to poor game/clock management. Their East rival is FL, not KY. Saban will still own him. And we'd get the where we had a better chance to beat them than we currently do ****. Sounds like a recipe for 2 - 3 losses a year to me.

Gutter Cobreh
10-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Managing Taco Bell takes up a lot more time these days

I need to spread some rep around, but the Taco Bell reference always cracks me up.

Cowboydawg
10-09-2016, 03:25 PM
At the very least he needs to be forced to make staff changes. Things will begin to take care of themselves after that.

Noxdog
10-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Random Poster,

Same here RP, you have a PM.

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2016, 03:57 PM

I knew there had to be more going in for Stricklin to split. Makes some sense now.

pilldawg
10-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Bobby Petrino - Arkansas and Louisville

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 04:15 PM
I knew there had to be more going in for Stricklin to split. Makes some sense now.

Stricklin is a snake that brown noses his way through life. His day of reckoning will come though

Commercecomet24
10-09-2016, 08:13 PM
We have the personnel for a 4-2-5. That's what I was really hoping we would go to.

DE: Calvin
DT: Simmons
DT: James/Adams
DE: Jefferson

LB: R. Brown
LB: L. Lewis

DOG: Peters/McLaurin

S: Coman
S: Bryant
C: Jiles
C: Graham

That unit could have stopped the run.

We have the personnel that would fit the 4-2-5 to a tee. The 3-4 made for teams like Bama with all that super big boy talent on the DL. We need to go 4-2-5 get our best players on the field.

confucius say
10-09-2016, 09:42 PM

And Gary Paterson, mark dantonio, David shaw, Larry Fedora, the guy who retired from Missouri last year, tom Herman, Bret bielema. And Dan Mullen before this year. I could go on.

preachermatt83
10-10-2016, 02:12 PM
I heard the exact same thing almost verbatim.

Same here.