PDA

View Full Version : Buy / Sell: Tiano should start against BYU.

HSVDawg
10-09-2016, 08:35 AM
I'm buying. Pretty much anything different from the first 6 weeks would be a breath of fresh air for me.

TrapGame
10-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Buy.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Sell... fitz has had 2 good games with one of them vs a top 20 scoring defense (South Carolina). Fitz struggled vs lsu (#7 nationally in scoring) and auburn (#12 nationally scoring), but pretty much everyone has. I think we should give fitz the byu and Kentucky games. If he continues to struggle thru those, break in a new qb vs samford

bulldawg28
I'm for any Qb that can get the team to buy in and get results

sleepy dawg
QB play is not the problem. Bad Oline, receivers dropping balls, lack of RB effectiveness, and poor field position from our defense are much bigger problems. Fitz was getting the ball to guys with the vast majority of his throws.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 08:50 AM
HUGE sell QB switching is the least of our problems right now...

Jack Lambert
10-09-2016, 08:53 AM
BYU will not have the same talent as Auburn.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 08:57 AM
BYU will not have the same talent as Auburn.

58th in scoring defense
28th in run defense
109th in pass defense
69th in total defense

Our entire offense, not just fitz needs perform this week

Dawgfan77
10-09-2016, 08:57 AM
If Mullen wants to talk youth then yeah i say start him. What's the worst thing that could happen? While we are at it bench Holloway and play shump, Gibson and Lee at TB. Bench Myles and keep getting the ball to Dear, Gray and Thomas

confucius say
10-09-2016, 09:34 AM
It's not going to matter who plays qb as long as our we have turn styles posing as tackles.

lamont
10-09-2016, 09:42 AM
he didnt play one play yesterday. No way that happens.

MetEdDawg
10-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Fitz is making youth mistakes (some on here are unfairly comparing him to where Dak, our greatest player of all time, was at this point in his career) , but he's giving us chances to win. Yes he had the fumble. But didn't he have like 10 drops yesterday? He's missing a few reads also. That's to be expected. But Tiano isn't going to improve OL play, RB personnel, play calling, and drops.

Stick with Fitz, fix the playcalling (Fitz should NEVER rush the ball more than all our RBs combined like yesterday), and start the youth movement. Dear, Mixon, Couch, Deddrick along with Ross and Gray. There's your WR group.

RocketDawg
10-09-2016, 09:56 AM
he didnt play one play yesterday. No way that happens.

Tiano played the last couple of plays in the game. Fumbled once and handed off next. I didn't notice if he was in earlier or not.

Dawgtini
10-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Tiano played the last couple of plays in the game. Fumbled once and handed off next. I didn't notice if he was in earlier or not.
He played 4 snaps. Hand off, fumble, hand off, completed pass. End of game.

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 10:12 AM
It doesn't matter

Drugdog
10-09-2016, 10:47 AM
^^^^He gets it. ^^^^

Taog Redloh
10-09-2016, 10:48 AM
SELL YOU FREAKING MORONS.

Good Lord, our stupid effing fanbase just continues to repeat the same historical mistakes over and over and over. You want a youth movement? Fitzgerald IS the youth movement. Let him take his lumps. Collin freaking Klein went through this same thing.

msstatelp1
10-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Sell

Sacrifice
10-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Sell, we don't have a running game to help any of these QBs out

shoeless joe
10-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Major sell

Everything that fitz does poorly is very correctable. He needs reps AND a lot of time in the film room with a coach that is committed to getting him better. Fitz has the physical skills needed to be successful...why give up on him now?

Cloak
10-09-2016, 11:42 AM
Sell

gravedigger
10-09-2016, 01:01 PM
SELL YOU FREAKING MORONS.

Good Lord, our stupid effing fanbase just continues to repeat the same historical mistakes over and over and over. You want a youth movement? Fitzgerald IS the youth movement. Let him take his lumps. Collin freaking Klein went through this same thing.

Buy, just to make sure nobody ever accuses me of agreeing with goat

Dawgfan01
10-09-2016, 01:06 PM
We cannot compete with sec talented defensive lines. We have a juco quality o-line and a pee wee football coach
I'm for any Qb that can get the team to buy in and get results

It's not going to matter who plays qb as long as our we have turn styles posing as tackles.

the59dawg
10-09-2016, 02:30 PM
QB play is not the problem. Bad Oline, receivers dropping balls, lack of RB effectiveness, and poor field position from our defense are much bigger problems. Fitz was getting the ball to guys with the vast majority of his throws.

Disagree. Fitz was throwing into coverage all day with the result being inc's all over. He wasn't checking down. He missed Shumpert wide open in the flat while throwing to a covered somebody down the middle.

MidTNDawg
10-09-2016, 02:41 PM
I would not start Tiano. We need no damage to Fitz' self confidence. Tell the team T will play in the "X" possession and stay with that. What does this team have to lose at this point>

msujan
10-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Major sell

Everything that fitz does poorly is very correctable. He needs reps AND a lot of time in the film room with a coach that is committed to getting him better. Fitz has the physical skills needed to be successful...why give up on him now?. Why give up on him?? Because he won't take TIME to study film, to learn the entire playbook, to stop partying, to make friends on the team, to go to class, that's why! Listen to some of the rumors - they're true! Not all, certainly, but some of it is true.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Listen to SOME of the rumors - they're true! Not ALL certainly, but SOME of it is true.

SMH

Saltydog
10-09-2016, 03:47 PM
the answer, at least not at this point. We'd have a better chance with Williams than Tiano at this point.

oldtrickdawg
10-09-2016, 03:54 PM
He's partying ? Imagine that for a college student...Can you say Namath/ Stabler ? Of course he's neither of them, yet, but I'm selling this change thing..I was just speechless as I watched one of the Gump II's defenders run by our left tackle while the tackle was still in his stance..Sorry, that ain't on the quarterback...I'm watching DP on the tube right now and I am sure there will be plenty of the same criticisms available for the pro quarters today..missing open guys etc...I am not a big fan of this personal attack mantra; it could bite us in the assembly line...If there is a better choice for snaps, he would be on the field..I'm betting.....

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 03:55 PM
I would stay with Fitzgerald. He has no running back, smurfs at WR and no o-line. Joe Montana would suck with that combination.

Now I might work Tiano in some for now but I still start Fitzgerald. I'd also try to play more guys in at every position as well. We need to see what we've got.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 03:57 PM
He's partying ? Imagine that for a college student...Can you say Namath/ Stabler ? Of course he's neither of them, yet, but I'm selling this change thing..I was just speechless as I watched one of the Gump II's defenders run by our left tackle while the tackle was still in his stance..Sorry, that ain't on the quarterback...I'm watching DP on the tube right now and I am sure there will be plenty of the same criticisms available for the pro quarters today..missing open guys etc...I am not a big fan of this personal attack mantra; it could bite us in the assembly line...If there is a better choice for snaps, he would be on the field..I'm betting.....

The partying doesn't bother me either.

Tbonewannabe
10-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Play Fitz but maybe give Tiano a series to see what he can do if the game allows it. Yesterday it is criminal we didn't give Tiano a series when it was obvious the game was decided.