PDA

View Full Version : Why does our beloved university make 11:00 games such a crapfest?...

maroonmania
10-08-2016, 11:24 PM
So beside the game being so horrible today with our pathetic effort, I don't understand why MSU doesn't do anything to help the "game experience" for 11:00 games. First, trying to get on campus around 9:45-10:00 was a circus and there were no Highway Patrol or anyone else to direct flow onto campus. You were just at the mercy of the red lights. Then, I don't really do a lot of tailgating and today I just wanted to hang out around campus after the game for a few hours and watch some of the afternoon games. SO, I go to the Union and everything is shut down on the first floor with no TVs on so I wander up to the second floor. Again, none of the big TVs are on and everything is shutting down. Told us the 2nd floor would be closed down at 3:00 and we would need to leave. It just seems that even though the bulk of the day is still left after an 11:00 game is over, they want everything on campus closed up even though thousands of fans and alumni are still there. Pretty crappy if you ask me. Even went by the alumni house on the way out and they were all shut down well. Just another reason to despise 11:00 starts I guess.

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2016, 12:16 AM
Get there at 9 then. We had no trouble at 9 except for the bastards who got up earlier than we did and got there earlier and filled up the place we wanted to park.

BoomBoom
10-09-2016, 12:24 AM
So beside the game being so horrible today with our pathetic effort, I don't understand why MSU doesn't do anything to help the "game experience" for 11:00 games. First, trying to get on campus around 9:45-10:00 was a circus and there were no Highway Patrol or anyone else to direct flow onto campus. You were just at the mercy of the red lights. Then, I don't really do a lot of tailgating and today I just wanted to hang out around campus after the game for a few hours and watch some of the afternoon games. SO, I go to the Union and everything is shut down on the first floor with no TVs on so I wander up to the second floor. Again, none of the big TVs are on and everything is shutting down. Told us the 2nd floor would be closed down at 3:00 and we would need to leave. It just seems that even though the bulk of the day is still left after an 11:00 game is over, they want everything on campus closed up even though thousands of fans and alumni are still there. Pretty crappy if you ask me. Even went by the alumni house on the way out and they were all shut down well. Just another reason to despise 11:00 starts I guess.

Game day management has been a shitshow for quite some time. It's the reason I am not sorry to see Stricklin go. I hope the new AD fixes it.

ScoobaDawg
10-09-2016, 12:36 AM
Get there at 9 then. We had no trouble at 9 except for the bastards who got up earlier than we did and got there earlier and filled up the place we wanted to park.

You really don't see the problem do you... no surprise...Good for you for avoiding the problem.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Probably trying to minimize overtime for support staff.

Liverpooldawg
10-09-2016, 01:01 AM
On this I don't. I may see it but not voice it on some other things. The fact is we handle much bigger crowds than we ever have before the last few years. It's nearly over double what it was when I was a student, there are WAY fewer on campus
roads than black then, and the traffic is about the same as it was back then in the Stone Age. Somebody has done a pretty decent job.

TimberBeast
10-09-2016, 01:08 AM
On this I don't. I may see it but not voice it on some other things. The fact is we handle much bigger crowds than we ever have before the last few years. It's nearly over double what it was when I was a student, there are WAY fewer on campus
roads than black then, and the traffic is about the same as it was back then in the Stone Age. Somebody has done a pretty decent job.

Uh oh, time to riot.

WesternSkyDawg
10-09-2016, 01:15 AM
Uh oh, time to riot.

You blew a nut on this one, didn't you, bitch

TimberBeast
10-09-2016, 01:21 AM
You blew a nut on this one, didn't you, bitch

Well no but where was I wrong?

maroonmania
10-09-2016, 08:22 AM

Get real, we "handle" bigger crowds for 11:00 games now apparently by telling them to get the heck off campus. I guess its ok to pay staff all day when we have a 6:00 game but for an early game let's save a few bucks and shut down campus for most of the day. Its just ironic that they beg people to come back to campus to support the team and enjoy the "gameday experience" rather than sitting home and watching the game in HD but as soon as the game is over it seems to be all about getting everyone to please leave as soon as possible.

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I had the same game plan. I thought surely with plenty of people on campus, early afternoon, all those places would stay open. But we left and went to the Veranda instead.