PDA

View Full Version : I don't want Dan gone if he truly WANTS to be at MSU

MaroonFlounder
10-08-2016, 10:18 PM
But Hevesy has GOT to go. If that means Dan has to go, so be it.

Looking at the replay and realizing our O-Line is lost, frustrated, and lacking sufficient coaching....is killing me. Rankin staying down in his stance while the Aub DE runs right by him and wallops Fitz to force the fumble. There are high school OTs better than that.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 10:24 PM
I wanna see lots of turnover on the offensive staff. I want an OC that calls plays. I don't mind the OC being Billy G or Brian J, but none of the others on current offensive staff. I want to hire a new oline coach and dump zone blocking. I want brad Peterson as an onfield coach at te next season.

With all the turnover at HC across the nation this year, there will be plenty of good assistant coaches looking for work. We need to be recruiting here as well as HS and juco.

Also, if vandy fires mason, Mullen needs to call him asap for DC. If we're so lucky to get him (very doubtful), Mullen needs to turn the defense completely over to him

basedog
10-08-2016, 10:27 PM
There was nothing positive to build on for next week. By far the worse game under Mullen.

Not much effort today, we have no leaders on the field and now it looks like none on our coaching staff.

civildawg
10-08-2016, 10:29 PM
You guys never learn. Mullen has never changed, what makes you think he is going to all of a sudden?

msstate7
10-08-2016, 10:31 PM
You guys never learn. Mullen has never changed, what makes you think he is going to all of a sudden?
Notice I said "I want" before all that. I doubt Mullen changes very much, but he's got to be taking inventory right now and wondering WTF has happened

GTHOM
10-08-2016, 11:16 PM
You dont have to worry about it cause he dont wanna be here. Hes lost the team the proof is on the field. Lets be real, nobody survives losing to a non P5 team, then you throw in an absolute head kicking at home??? Barring a miracle Dan will get what hes wanted for a while and thats out of Starkvegas

BayouDawg
10-08-2016, 11:23 PM
I just don't understand Dan's thought process. It's obvious he wants out, but how is completely quitting on your current team going to help him land another power 5 job? Maybe he knows this past offseason was his last shot because he knew how bad he has let it get. Maybe he knows he's past the point of no return now and he's just riding it out. We need to clean house in the whole athletic department because Mullen was allowed to let it get this bad. This kind of dumpster fire doesn't happen over night, it takes some time for this to happen. Today was just the the actual lighting of the dumpster.

gtowndawg
10-08-2016, 11:29 PM
Tip of the iceberg gentleman, we're going back to the future where we begged for basketball season to start to help end the misery we call football season.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 11:32 PM
I just don't understand Dan's thought process. It's obvious he wants out, but how is completely quitting on your current team going to help him land another power 5 job? Maybe he knows this past offseason was his last shot because he knew how bad he has let it get. Maybe he knows he's past the point of no return now and he's just riding it out. We need to clean house in the whole athletic department because Mullen was allowed to let it get this bad. This kind of dumpster fire doesn't happen over night, it takes some time for this to happen. Today was just the the actual lighting of the dumpster.

He may just be burned out. The 2nd best CFB coach (urban) burned out at Florida and is back to greatness now after a year off. I hope Mullen can get it together without having to be fired or "resign"

BayouDawg
10-08-2016, 11:36 PM
He may just be burned out. The 2nd best CFB coach (urban) burned out at Florida and is back to greatness now after a year off. I hope Mullen can get it together without having to be fired or "resign"

Maybe so, and if that is indeed the case he needs to resign and take a year off for his and our sake.

OurState
10-09-2016, 07:12 AM
But Hevesy has GOT to go. If that means Dan has to go, so be it.

Looking at the replay and realizing our O-Line is lost, frustrated, and lacking sufficient coaching....is killing me. Rankin staying down in his stance while the Aub DE runs right by him and wallops Fitz to force the fumble. There are high school OTs better than that.

he doesn't want to be here. He just can't get out. Perhaps the new agent can change that.

The skeletons in his closet may keep him from moving.

GTHOM
10-09-2016, 12:47 PM
I wanna see lots of turnover on the offensive staff. I want an OC that calls plays. I don't mind the OC being Billy G or Brian J, but none of the others on current offensive staff. I want to hire a new oline coach and dump zone blocking. I want brad Peterson as an onfield coach at te next season.

With all the turnover at HC across the nation this year, there will be plenty of good assistant coaches looking for work. We need to be recruiting here as well as HS and juco.

Also, if vandy fires mason, Mullen needs to call him asap for DC. If we're so lucky to get him (very doubtful), Mullen needs to turn the defense completely over to him

Mullen aint giving the defense to anybody when will yall learn

BulldogBear
10-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Mullen aint giving the defense to anybody when will yall learn
Which is why we need an AD that won't give him any other option than handing off the defense.