PDA

View Full Version : Mullen used the word young 16 times in a 12 minute press conference...

HancockCountyDog
10-08-2016, 08:12 PM
He really thinks we are dumb rednecks that can't look at a damn depth chart.

We are not a young football team. Our DL is made up of mostly seniors. Our OL has 3 seniors a RS junior and a RS sophomore.

Our starting Hbs are seniors. Our top 3 Wrs are a senior and two juniors.

Our secondary was a RS sophomore, 2 seniors, and a junior.

Our MLB is a RS senior.

I really think he believes if he says it enough, we will believe it. We are not a young football team.

The only players on the roster that are true freshman that are getting reps are Simmons and Spencer.

civildawg
10-08-2016, 08:15 PM
It just an excuse. Wants to blame everyone but himself

HancockCountyDog
10-08-2016, 08:19 PM
He actually talked about Shumpert making a dumb penalty, and then proceeded to say that it's what happens with young players. Shump is like 28 years old and has been at MSU for a decade running into MSU OL.

Taog Redloh
10-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Our talented players are definitely young.

fishwater99
10-08-2016, 08:24 PM
It just an excuse. Wants to blame everyone but himself

Might be a little narsacitic.

lamont
10-08-2016, 08:26 PM
We are in no way, shape, or form- YOUNG

Are we inexperienced in some places? Yes. But we still have a veteran team.

LSU returned 17 starters this season- they were young last year. We will return 12 starters next year- losing 10. Only 2 of our 22 starters didnt play a down last year for us

defiantdog
10-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Our QB is acting like a true freshmen out there, we have NO running game, our receivers can't catch a cold and our defense plays on their heels. This team needs motivation..... we have talent. We need leaders

HancockCountyDog
10-08-2016, 08:32 PM

The only talented youngster on defense I've seen is Leo Lewis. Simmons has potential, but we are wasting it at nose tackle.

Offensively, I guess you think Dear is talented? Maybe, but there aren't many 5'9" NFL Wrs .

HancockCountyDog
10-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Our QB is acting like a true freshmen out there, we have NO running game, our receivers can't catch a cold and our defense plays on their heels. This team needs motivation..... we have talent. We need leaders

When you say "We have talent", let me ask you, how many players will be drafted off this year's team next draft? One? Maybe two. How many in the first three rounds? None.

What about in 2018? I don't see one.

Do we have any juniors that will be faced with a tough decision on the draft? Nope.

It's time to face some hard truths about the MSU football program. We aren't young, and we aren't talented.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 08:41 PM
The only talented youngster on defense I've seen is Leo Lewis. Simmons has potential, but we are wasting it at nose tackle.

Offensively, I guess you think Dear is talented? Maybe, but there aren't many 5'9" NFL Wrs .

Spencer and Thomas

HancockCountyDog
10-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Spencer and Thomas

I haven't seen much from Spencer, Thomas is a reserve WR that is a RS freshman. I have never thought to myself, Thomas is a sure fire draft pick.

starkvegasdawg
10-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Maybe he thinks they're young because their balls haven't dropped yet.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 09:18 PM
I haven't seen much from Spencer, Thomas is a reserve WR that is a RS freshman. I have never thought to myself, Thomas is a sure fire draft pick.
I was thinking of Cory Thomas and I think he has talent... wasn't saying he was a sure fire draft pick

HancockCountyDog
10-08-2016, 09:36 PM
I was thinking of Cory Thomas and I think he has talent... wasn't saying he was a sure fire draft pick

Cory Thomas has been here three years, I've never once thought of him as a NFL draft pick.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Cory Thomas has been here three years, I've never once thought of him as a NFL draft pick.

Did you consider bumphis or bear a talented or good player?

anubus
10-08-2016, 09:41 PM
He really thinks we are dumb rednecks that can't look at a damn depth chart.

We are not a young football team. Our DL is made up of mostly seniors. Our OL has 3 seniors a RS junior and a RS sophomore.

Our starting Hbs are seniors. Our top 3 Wrs are a senior and two juniors.

Our secondary was a RS sophomore, 2 seniors, and a junior.

Our MLB is a RS senior.

I really think he believes if he says it enough, we will believe it. We are not a young football team.

The only players on the roster that are true freshman that are getting reps are Simmons and Spencer.

Mullen reminds me of my home town teams coach Gus Bradley....full of excuses but no solutions

HancockCountyDog
10-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Did you consider bumphis or bear a talented or good player?

Yes, Bear was a huge reason we were successful in 2014, his second year here. You really want to compare his contribution in year 2 to Thomas? Bear's third year here was last year, is there even an argument about the difference in production? I'm not sure what you are trying to argue.

I didn't think Bumphis would be an NFL player after his second year here, he wasn't.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Yes, Bear was a huge reason we were successful in 2014, his second year here. You really want to compare his contribution in year 2 to Thomas? Bear's third year here was last year, is there even an argument about the difference in production? I'm not sure what you are trying to argue.

I didn't think Bumphis would be an NFL player after his second year here, he wasn't.

My point was you can be a dang good college player without being an NFL player.

Cory Thomas may be a 3rd year sophomore, but today was only his 13th game. So far this year, he 17 tackles with 2.5 TFL.

Spencer had 4 tackles and a sack today.

Not saying these 2 are destined for greatness, but I think they should be included in your group of only 2 young, talented players

scottycameron
10-08-2016, 10:17 PM
That's almost once a minute.

Dawgology
10-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Maybe he thinks they're young because their balls haven't dropped yet.

What?? They drop balls all the time. Heyoooooooooo!!!

moss818
10-08-2016, 10:37 PM
No heart. No desire. No will. I'm done with this team and I'm done with Dan. I work hard for my dollar, and Mullen DOES NOT! Until I see a change in that, I will not spend another dime in Vegas.

civildawg
10-08-2016, 10:41 PM
No heart. No desire. No will. I'm done with this team and I'm done with Dan. I work hard for my dollar, and Mullen DOES NOT! Until I see a change in that, I will not spend another dime in Vegas.

I'm with you. I've been a season ticket holder since I graduated but I will not renew next year if he's still our coach.

Dawg61
10-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Fred Ross and AJ Jefferson will get drafted

HancockCountyDog
10-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Fred Ross and AJ Jefferson will get drafted

I'm willing to bet they won't get drafted in the first three rounds. If Ross continues to play like today, he and AJ will be 5th rounders or later at best.

Bothrops
10-09-2016, 01:24 AM
We're gonna start losing like a mother****er if Dan stays. That's all there is to it.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-09-2016, 01:51 AM
Hancock wrote "I really think he believes if he says it enough, we will believe it." Looks like Danny Boy is taking a cue from Coach Sleeze........Hey, if it works for one fanbase maybe it'll work for another. Right?

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 02:26 AM
Spencer and Thomas

I love Deddrick but his size is going to be an issue with the NFL. Unless he becomes an elite kick returner which is possible at this point.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 06:35 AM
It's Dan's way of saying 17 you dumb southern 17ers.. How else can you rationalize his terminology of the word we're a YOUNG team?? I for one thought Dan just maybe got the fire back after the USC-E game but I was grossly mistaken after The UMASS and Auburn fiasco's ..

HailState39110
10-09-2016, 07:19 AM
I don't get the young talk either . Our freshman class was on of the worst classes we have ever signed . Is Mullen insinuating we need Them to "develop"?

Dawg61
10-09-2016, 07:27 AM
He's talking about our QBs guys. He isn't going to single out Fitz but we suck ass right now because we have dropped way too far back at the QB position. Staley bolting on us has hurt. Fitz and Staley were supposed to be good. They aren't and now we suck. We are in QB hell this year.

lamont
10-09-2016, 07:33 AM
I'm willing to bet they won't get drafted in the first three rounds. If Ross continues to play like today, he and AJ will be 5th rounders or later at best.

AJ won't be in the top 3-4 rounds just based on his measureables alone. Somebody may grab him late. He doesn't have the speed or length to be a big NFL pass rusher. Like Bear- he's just a real good college player

Dawgfan77
10-09-2016, 07:59 AM
We have talented players???

Dawgfan77
10-09-2016, 08:03 AM
AJ won't be in the top 3-4 rounds just based on his measureables alone. Somebody may grab him late. He doesn't have the speed or length to be a big NFL pass rusher. Like Bear- he's just a real good college player

I agree. AJ does great against similar talent but dissapears when he goes up on sec talent

HancockCountyDog
10-09-2016, 08:20 AM
He's talking about our QBs guys. He isn't going to single out Fitz but we suck ass right now because we have dropped way too far back at the QB position. Staley bolting on us has hurt. Fitz and Staley were supposed to be good. They aren't and now we suck. We are in QB hell this year.

So we have a 4th year guy on bench, a third year guy starting, but we're young? How about saying we aren't as talented as we need to be, and that's on me as a recruiter.

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2016, 08:21 AM

Yeah I believe he is referring to the young players not on the field...... for whatever reason.

I have no idea why Green, Simmons, Mclaurin and Peters aren't playing more.

TrapGame
10-09-2016, 08:21 AM

But, Dan is supposed to be the great QB Whisperer.*

Pretty sad and telling when Tyson Lee was a better QB in year 1 compared to what we have in year 8.

Maroonthirteen
10-09-2016, 08:53 AM
But, Dan is supposed to be the great QB Whisperer.*

Pretty sad and telling when Tyson Lee was a better QB in year 1 compared to what we have in year 8.

Lee is a great ambassador to MSU. But that's debatable. I'd like to see Dixon behind Fitz and Sherrod at tackle before making that comparison.

TrapGame
10-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Lee is a great ambassador to MSU. But that's debatable. I'd like to see Dixon behind Fitz and Sherrod at tackle before making that comparison.

And again year 8 and not one RB that can hold Dixon's jock or even stand in the shadow of Sherrod.

I seen it dawg
10-09-2016, 09:14 AM
It's Dan's way of saying 17 you dumb southern 17ers.. How else can you rationalize his terminology of the word we're a YOUNG team?? I for one thought Dan just maybe got the fire back after the USC-E game but I was grossly mistaken after The UMASS and Auburn fiasco's ..

Now how fake does all the rah rah shit Mullen was doing South Carolina week and game look...

confucius say
10-09-2016, 09:19 AM
He is confusing young and inexperienced (this is his least experienced team in terms of starts made). They are not synonyms. Regardless, we suck and have regressed.

HancockCountyDog
10-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Now how fake does all the rah rah shit Mullen was doing South Carolina week and game look...

THIS X1000000

All that yelling and bullsh!t was just trying to appease a fan base that said he lacked emotion. So he comes out and yells and then goes right back to not giving a shit.

Does this remind anyone of when Freezus was getting attention for tweeting out bible verses and how recruits moms loved it, what does Dan do? Tweets bible verses for about a month and goes back to not doing sh!t.