PDA

View Full Version : Brian Johnson Rumor??

pdawg10msu
10-08-2016, 05:17 PM
My buddy that works on the field doing something for the media department said that Brian called plays the second half. Not trying to start anything, just wondering if anyone else knew?? I thought the playcalling the second half was much better for the most part.

Quaoarsking
10-08-2016, 05:19 PM
If true, he should call the plays for the rest of the season. (Obviously.)

DownwardDawg
10-08-2016, 05:38 PM
We get this type rumor every year. I've been a Dawg for 48 years. I'll go out on a limb and say this is a lie.
I have about a 99% chance of being right.

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 05:41 PM
We get this type rumor every year. I've been a Dawg for 48 years. I'll go out on a limb and say this is a lie.

Like how Rockey Felker called all the plays the 2-3 times that Croom's offense looked passable.

pdawg10msu
10-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Typically I don't believe it either but I watched it from home, and every time they showed Dan in the second half, I'm pretty sure he didn't have his headset on. I'm about to go back and watch again.(If I can bare)

DownwardDawg
10-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Like how Rockey Felker called all the plays the 2-3 times that Croom's offense looked passable.

Yes. Exactly. And many more before that and several since then. Like when Mullen called the plays instead of Les. Or when Les took over instead of Mullen. Blah blah blah.....
Oh and don't forget HUD!!!! It was His offense!!!!! Lol

DownwardDawg
10-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Thankfully, I didn't watch. Been at the hunt lease all day. Sounds like Auburn got vanilla and let up the 2nd half.

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Thankfully, I didn't watch. Been at the hunt lease all day. Sounds like Auburn got vanilla and let up the 2nd half.

Correct, AU was in clock burning mode on offense and defense in the 2nd half. It lead to us being able to run on offense.

BeardoMSU
10-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Calling plays against a team with their foot off the pedal is a great litmus test.***

msstate7
10-08-2016, 07:54 PM
I'd love to know if this rumor is true. Seems the obvious choice to call plays would be hevesy... maybe there's trouble in paradise between Mullen and hev

Bodaski
10-08-2016, 08:33 PM
My buddy that works on the field doing something for the media department said that Brian called plays the second half. Not trying to start anything, just wondering if anyone else knew?? I thought the playcalling the second half was much better for the most part.

I damn sure wouldn't put much stock in the 2nd half play calling. Auburn was in clock mode and playing base defense all the 2nd half, but a few blitz.

lamont
10-08-2016, 08:37 PM
It was 35-0 and we had no chance of coming back. Wouldnt surprise me at all if he did that to let Johnson get some experience.

MetEdDawg
10-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Head coaches at some point have to stop calling the majority of plays in my opinion. Malzahn gave it up to Lashlee and that has paid off well. Maybe it's time for him to give it up to someone else so he can focus on being a head coach.

I get calling plays the first 3-5 years. But now that this thing has been established its time to give it up. I've got to think Gonzales and Johnson are both capable play callers.