PDA

View Full Version : Just back....

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 03:16 PM
You could sense it coming when you got on campus. The crowds were sparse and subdued. I'm not saying that had anything to do with what happened on the field but it just seemed to be a symptom of what the total program exhibited today. That was hands down the worst performance by a Mullen team. It was the same team that played South Alabama. There appears to be no real leadership among the players. They are standing around waiting on somebody else to lead. Nothing much will change till that changes and it probably has to change before anything else does. As for some specifics: Fitz does not appear to have it. He still thinks way to much and not enough all at the same time. That may sound nuts but a few of you will get it. He waits to long on reads and gets them wrong a lot. He misses a lot of check downs. Once again the offensive line is terrible. If Mullen manages to survive what's coming if he doesn't get rid or reassign that coach the survival will be only temporary. The defence is really hampered by the corner play. We were thin back there to begin with and the injuries just killed any chance for it to be a decent unit. They can't cheat to stop the run because the secondary is just too porous. It is what it is there.

Bottom line: I've been a MSU fan and alum a long time. I've seen a lot of crap like today. I like Dan Mullen and I STILL think he is our best chance to get to where we want to go. You have to put up with ups and downs when you are trying to build a program from basically scratch like we are doing. The disturbing thing today was what appeared to be a total lack of effort. There is loosing and then there is LOOSING. Today was the all caps version. If that continues then things are going south fast. I see one more win, two tops.

I seen it dawg
10-08-2016, 03:20 PM
If it continues? You've got to be kidding me if you go watch that shit and can't put 2 and 2 together. The whole ****ing program has checked out. You not being able to recognize it isn't a big shock however. Mullen isn't the answer anymore and you may be the only one still on that lonely train that thinks so. Again not surprising.

Dawgface
10-08-2016, 03:21 PM
3-9

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Mullen is the Damn problem... Jeez he's the 17ing head coach all the responsibility lies in is shitty pants!!

Coursesuper
10-08-2016, 03:27 PM
How can you say you still think Mullen is the right guy when he has been trying to haul ass is on us and puts this shit on the field?

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-08-2016, 03:29 PM
Ole Liver Pool must BE??https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzJ-0j-1LWIhNZ3TZeyw0XDwNOeVXSY6ntfJvxz65ZdLsTDwaMUw

MarketingBully
10-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Yeah, time to support the two programs that have coaches who have played for a national championship, Baseball and Men's basketball. Until Mullen is gone, I have the Croom apathy in football.

Bothrops
10-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Dan Mullen is gonna have to draw you a picture.

basedog
10-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Mullen had a nice run, but it seems to be over.

Who knows how far we will fall, I think now Mullen is doomed.

We look slow, not physical with no playmakers on both sides of the ball, those are not good for any team.

Dawgfan77
10-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Yeah, time to support the two programs that have coaches who have played for a national championship, Baseball and Men's basketball. Until Mullen is gone, I have the Croom apathy in football.
You and I are on the same page

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 03:37 PM
If it continues? You've got to be kidding me if you go watch that shit and can't put 2 and 2 together. The whole ****ing program has checked out. You not being able to recognize it isn't a big shock however. Mullen isn't the answer anymore and you may be the only one still on that lonely train that thinks so. Again not surprising.

Yall all have trouble with subtlety don't you. You all slghltly misinterpreted that post.

I seen it dawg
10-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Yall all have trouble with subtlety don't you. You all slghltly misinterpreted that post.

Well I made sure there was no "misinterpretation" of mine.

RezDog7
10-08-2016, 03:55 PM
I really thought I was watching a Croom coached team today. I just can't see it getting any better either. I really wish Mullen can find a way to leave this year without getting fire because he has done a lot for us but it's over.

basedog
10-08-2016, 04:00 PM
I really thought I was watching a Croom coached team today. I just can't see it getting any better either. I really wish Mullen can find a way to leave this year without getting fire because he has done a lot for us but it's over.

I feel the same way, nice run. It's gonna get real ugly.

Saltydog
10-08-2016, 04:02 PM
and that's what bothers me the most.

dawg27
10-08-2016, 04:06 PM

Are you kidding me eight years into Dan Mullen and this is what we put on the field he has had time it's time to go

Turfdawg67
10-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Dude, that Mullen train is getting lonely. After that lack of effort, I'm officially done with him! And btw, it's losing... not loosing.

DudyDawg
10-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Hard to learn your reads at qb when you spend so much time recreationally

Skydawg1
10-08-2016, 04:10 PM
I really thought I was watching a Croom coached team today. I just can't see it getting any better either. I really wish Mullen can find a way to leave this year without getting fire because he has done a lot for us but it's over.He didn't get the big job after the 2014 run, or the 2015 season. He's stuck at State and it's been showing all season.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Hard to learn your reads at qb when you spend so much time recreationally

I've heard that too, among other things.

Jarius
10-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Mullen needs to be fired

DudyDawg
10-08-2016, 04:15 PM
I've heard that too, among other things.

It's not rumor

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 04:20 PM
It's not rumor

I didn't think it was. That is tied into the other things I've heard.

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 04:30 PM
If Fitz can't get through his progressions then you either dumb it down like a lot of college offenses do or you replace him. Relf would be a lot worse in this offense even senior version of Relf. Fitz was a triple option QB so he may not be up to speed on the NFL offense we run now.

The off the field stuff I have no clue about.

Indndawg
10-08-2016, 04:33 PM
loosing sucks
but losing is worse

TrapGame
10-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Worse in year 8 than year 1. Unacceptable.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 04:39 PM
loosing sucks
but losing is worse

I can't spell kat. It sucks no matter how you spell it.

sleepy dawg
10-08-2016, 05:06 PM
There are a lot of places to lay blame for this game, but Fitz is not one of them. Yet again there were numerous dropped passes. 4 D linemen that made our O line look like paper. He didn't always make the most accurate passes, but most were catchable and away from interception's grasps. Shitty ass special teams, coaching, defense, poor running by Holloway at times, poor O line, and shitty ass receiving. If these things would've just been decent, Fitz would've had a hell of a game. He's not succeeding, but he's not being put in a position to succeed. The crowd booing him was ridiculous.

dawg27
10-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Worse in year 8 than year 1. Unacceptable.

You said it this is the best post this is yearning eight and we actually look worse than we did in year one, when we lose people some teams are going to have a fallback I understand but not like this when you actually look better in year one then you're right we have nothing to look forward to we have no good recruits coming in we're going to be in the 30s again by the time we finish! This should be totally unacceptable for all state fans! This is not year 2 or uear 3 this is year eight people

blacklistedbully
10-08-2016, 05:15 PM
You could sense it coming when you got on campus. The crowds were sparse and subdued. I'm not saying that had anything to do with what happened on the field but it just seemed to be a symptom of what the total program exhibited today. That was hands down the worst performance by a Mullen team. It was the same team that played South Alabama. There appears to be no real leadership among the players. They are standing around waiting on somebody else to lead. Nothing much will change till that changes and it probably has to change before anything else does. As for some specifics: Fitz does not appear to have it. He still thinks way to much and not enough all at the same time. That may sound nuts but a few of you will get it. He waits to long on reads and gets them wrong a lot. He misses a lot of check downs. Once again the offensive line is terrible. If Mullen manages to survive what's coming if he doesn't get rid or reassign that coach the survival will be only temporary. The defence is really hampered by the corner play. We were thin back there to begin with and the injuries just killed any chance for it to be a decent unit. They can't cheat to stop the run because the secondary is just too porous. It is what it is there.

Bottom line: I've been a MSU fan and alum a long time. I've seen a lot of crap like today. I like Dan Mullen and I STILL think he is our best chance to get to where we want to go. You have to put up with ups and downs when you are trying to build a program from basically scratch like we are doing. The disturbing thing today was what appeared to be a total lack of effort. There is loosing and then there is LOOSING. Today was the all caps version. If that continues then things are going south fast. I see one more win, two tops.

:rolleyes:

TaleofTwoDogs
10-08-2016, 07:23 PM
You have to put up with ups and downs when you are trying to build a program from basically scratch like we are doing.

Really?? Come on man, how many years does it take to build a respectable program that you can be proud of? 10, 20, 40, 50 years? I can understand a down year of 6-6 or so but we will probably be pushing to get 3 wins. The salt in this wound is the way we lose, no effort, no strain, no grinding...not acceptable.

basedog
10-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Nothing will ever be easy winning football games consistently at Msu. History says so, we definitely gotten better, but....

We are about to find out soon.

gravedigger
10-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Bottom line: I've been a MSU fan and alum a long time. I've seen a lot of crap like today. I like Dan Mullen and I STILL think he is our best chance to get to where we want to go.

People didnt understand?