PDA

View Full Version : The bottom line from Dan

JoseBrown
10-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Strain and Noise

The players aren't playing with the proper amount of strain. Idk, but I'll be dam glad when he drops the word strain from his lexicon. I strain everytime he says it.

There is a lot of noise around the program that didn't exist when he got here. And some players are listening to too much of it.

Those are the bottom line excuses he gives us this year after each loss after he runs thru the dropped passes, fumbles, out-physicalled and penalties...the bottom line from him to us is excused as Strain and Noise...

I seen it dawg
10-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Did he really say all that after today's game?

Bothrops
10-08-2016, 03:28 PM
If he's talking strain, it has nothing to do with football, and I don't want to know.

scottycameron
10-08-2016, 03:29 PM
He needs to quit giving post game press conferences. They're pointless and he sounds like an idiot. Fake an injury or illness from now on. There's no bigger fan than me, and I could give a rats ass what he says in his postgame so I can't imagine anybody else caring.

Coursesuper
10-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Did he really say all that after today's game?

Yep

TUSK
I caught some of his post game interview... he said "strain" more than once and seemed disengaged and flippant, to me.... almost like he's "checked out"....

caveat: I've not heard a lot of his post game interviews....

Skydawg1
Did he really say all that after today's game?He sure did. Something about being chased by a lion, too...

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Yes he said that. Used those terms. But he is using strain as a synonym to effort. I took him to say, the players are not playing with any extra effort. He mentioned we were NOT physical at the point of attack.

Noise....I took him to say. Fans running their mouths to the players, on Twitter etc. And the players letting that effect them. Mullen obviously knows little about MSU history. MSU has the most back biting fans I know.

booing when the offense took the field today? That was terrible. Very shitty of any fan and didn't help anything.

Mullen sounded very mad, frustrated and sad at various points of the interview. The guy cares.

Apoplectic
10-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Yes he said that. Used those terms. But he is using strain as a synonym to effort. I took him to say, the players are not playing with any extra effort. He mentioned we were NOT physical at the point of attack.

Noise....I took him to say. Fans running their mouths to the players, on Twitter etc. And the players letting that effect them. Mullen obviously knows little about MSU history. MSU has the most back biting fans I know.

booing when the offense took the field today? That was terrible. Very shitty of any fan and didn't help anything.

Mullen sounded very mad, frustrated and sad at various points of the interview. The guy cares.

So you didn't follow bama pre-saban?

Sacrifice
10-08-2016, 03:35 PM
I caught some of his post game interview... he said "strain" more than once and seemed disengaged and flippant, to me.... almost like he's "checked out"....

caveat: I've not heard a lot of his post game interviews....

I caught the same look during the game. He looks like he knows it's over

Bothrops
10-08-2016, 03:35 PM
He cares yeah, cares about getting out..

msstate7
10-08-2016, 03:37 PM
He sure did. Something about being chased by a lion, too...
I hope our team isn't being chased by a lion bc we're a really slow team

Thick
10-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Two words....**** HIM!!!

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2016, 03:42 PM

Well, he obviously thinks the team does NOT have that sense of urgency. Which falls back on him.

He cares. He wants to win. However, IMO, he isn't a good enough recruiter to get the players that is needed.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 03:43 PM

Post of the year.

I seen it dawg
10-08-2016, 03:43 PM

He damn sure isn't showing he cares. How about come out and saying "we are doing a poor ****ing job coaching and leading this program and it starts with me." He cares every day when he looks at his bank account. He and his country club are stealing money from us. **** that guy.

I seen it dawg
10-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Post of the year.

Well you have one that's with you I guess so I was wrong. Blind as shit but with you.

BulldogBear
10-08-2016, 03:48 PM
If Mullen has come to the conclusion that th3 crap product he is putting on the field is MSU fans' fault....then 17 him and fire his blind squirrel butt before midnight. He is more delusional and arrogant than I ever imagined in my worse nightmare.

Listen up *******...if you've got players that can't handle the "noise," then show them to a safe place where they can talk about it. It's back by the water coolers.

It's not the fans' fault Dan. It's yours. You're in charge not some 18-21 year old p_____s. Act like it.

DudyDawg
10-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Dan is trying to figure out why his 18-22 year olds arent busting their ass for someone who isn't busting their own.

ShotgunDawg
10-08-2016, 03:58 PM
MSU has the most back biting fans I know.

Then you don't know much. What an ignorant, stupid, short sighted post.

We are no worse than any other fan base in the SEC. Some are worse. How anyone can be this short sighted and ignorant is embarrassing.

We have great fans that have bought into what Mullen sold.

scottycameron
10-08-2016, 04:01 PM

You don't have to be able to outrun the lion, just a teammate

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Well you have one that's with you I guess so I was wrong. Blind as shit but with you.
Maybe. Sometimes, when you aren't talking about actual eyesight, it's not a bad thing to be willfully blind. Until it is actually time not to be. I bet you don't get that one either.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 04:07 PM

There is much wisdom in this post.

Indndawg
10-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Well, he obviously thinks the team does NOT have that sense of urgency. Which falls back on him.

He cares. He wants to win. However, IMO, he isn't a good enough recruiter to get the players that is needed.

You sound some of the old guard off of GP at the end of the Sherrill era. These snowflakes are getting a free education, meals, and representing an SEC school add to that all the twat they want...they need to man their candyasses up quit watching The Twitters if its gonna hurt their fragile psyches.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Then you don't know much. What an ignorant, stupid, short sighted post.

We are no worse than any other fan base in the SEC. Some are worse. How anyone can be this short sighted and ignorant is embarrassing.

We have great fans that have bought into what Mullen sold.

Yes we are, and always have been. Notice I said WE.

GTHOM
10-08-2016, 04:09 PM

No he doesnt

I seen it dawg
10-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Maybe. Sometimes, when you aren't talking about actual eyesight, it's not a bad thing to be willfully blind. Until it is actually time not to be. I bet you don't get that one either.

You're obtuse. I get everything you type quite easily. You're no genius.

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2016, 04:35 PM
He damn sure isn't showing he cares. How about come out and saying "we are doing a poor ****ing job coaching and leading this program and it starts with me." He cares every day when he looks at his bank account. He and his country club are stealing money from us. **** that guy.

He may be prideful. He may be so arrogant that he thinks he doesn't owe anyone a public explanation. But he wants to win.

GTHOM
10-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Post of the year.

I would think any post that is along the lines of ''its everyone and anyones fault but Dan Mullen's. Our fans are sooooo ignorant and stupid. ALLYN MCKEEN!!'' would be a hall of fame post in your opinion

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Well, you totally DIDN'T get the OP in the thread I started. There is something to be said for diplomatic language.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 04:49 PM
I would think any post that is along the lines of ''its everyone and anyones fault but Dan Mullen's. Our fans are sooooo ignorant and stupid. ALLYN MCKEEN!!'' would be a hall of fame post in your opinion

Who said things aren't Mullen's fault? He is the coach, everything is his fault. Where I differ with y'all is the approach to take to fix it. I just want to try something different. What we have always done has always resulted in the same thing, eventually.

Liverpooldawg
10-08-2016, 04:51 PM
No he doesnt

I've never seen even a bad coach that didn't care about winning. There are legit things to get on Mullen about, that one isn't one of them.

RocketDawg
10-08-2016, 05:02 PM

Was the "booing when the team took the field" at the opening of the first quarter or after halftime?

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2016, 06:06 PM
I've never seen even a bad coach that didn't care about winning. There are legit things to get on Mullen about, that one isn't one of them.

But Liverpool, a conspiracy is so much more drama.****

@rocket....4th quarter

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 06:22 PM
But Liverpool, a conspiracy is so much more drama.****

@rocket....4th quarter

Was the booing due to us running instead of passing? Similar to the Bama game in 2014 when we burned clock running our normal offense which just made the score closer.

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Was the booing due to us running instead of passing? Similar to the Bama game in 2014 when we burned clock running our normal offense which just made the score closer.

There was a smattering of boos at different points for various reasons. Once when we came off the field. But the cringe worthy boos was when the offense took the field at the north end heading south. Came from the ne corner. Mainly... a particular player looked that direction. So their target heard them.

BayouDawg
10-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Who said things aren't Mullen's fault? He is the coach, everything is his fault. Where I differ with y'all is the approach to take to fix it. I just want to try something different. What we have always done has always resulted in the same thing, eventually.

What's different about what you want to do? We always keep coaches s year or 2 too long. A different approach would be to make a move now.

GTHOM
10-08-2016, 07:32 PM

A guy who cares shows it on the field, I see none of it from Dan. A guy who cares doesnt keep making the same smartass catty remarks at press conferences after getting his ass stomped just to throw it in somebodys face. Keep taking up for him and youll keep getting the same results

somebodyshotmypaw
10-08-2016, 08:51 PM

Then I hope Brandon Bryant is on the field with me. For a guy that is so fast against the clock, he sure is slow on the field.

Statecoachingblows**
10-08-2016, 09:00 PM
There was a smattering of boos at different points for various reasons. Once when we came off the field. But the cringe worthy boos was when the offense took the field at the north end heading south. Came from the ne corner. Mainly... a particular player looked that direction. So their target heard them.

Wasn't that right after the fumble for the td?

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Wasn't that right after the fumble for the td?

Yes, I think so.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 08:21 AM

Once again this is an illustration of LIVERPOOLDAWG....
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/blind-man-walking-stick-13291291.jpg

msstate7
10-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Once again this is an illustration of LIVERPOOLDAWG....
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/blind-man-walking-stick-13291291.jpg

Didn't you get banned on SPS last night for trolling? Jeez...

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Didn't you get banned on SPS last night for trolling? Jeez...

Yep for no 17ing reason because just like everybody else I was stating the obvious "TROLLING AS YOU CALL IT ".. I've never in my life seen such sensitive ass people .