PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to hear from posters who said, "we're crazy to want Mullen gone".

blacklistedbully
10-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Wonder what its going to be this week. Every time those of us who have been fed up for some time complain...these guys jump to Mullen's defense and call us crazy. How about now, fellas? Y'all still on board with Mullen?

msstate7
10-08-2016, 02:45 PM
I'm still of the same position that we should wait till the end of the year.

civildawg
10-08-2016, 02:46 PM
You have to wait until the end of the year but if he goes 3-9 he has to be fired.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 02:48 PM
You have to wait until the end of the year but if he goes 3-9 he has to be fired.

3-9 and I'd have no problem with it. 4-8 I'd really have to think about it. 5-7 and I'd give him another year

blacklistedbully
10-08-2016, 02:51 PM
If we wait until the end of the year, our HC choices will be greatly diminished.

Bothrops
10-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Mullen is trying to show us what to do. It's a no brainer. He wants out, get his ass out!

lamont
10-08-2016, 03:01 PM
3-9 and I'd have no problem with it. 4-8 I'd really have to think about it. 5-7 and I'd give him another year

You don't make a decision to fire on the difference between 5-7 and 3-8. It's where your program is headed and the job being done. How have you recruited the last couple of years? What does your talent level look like? What's the discipline like around the program?

HereComesTheSpiral
10-08-2016, 03:04 PM
You don't make a decision to fire on the difference between 5-7 and 3-8. It's where your program is headed and the job being done. How have you recruited the last couple of years? What does your talent level look like? What's the discipline like around the program?

We look like reprocessed horse shit in all of the scenarios you laid out.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 03:07 PM

Yeah, you right. I may come closer to keeping Mullen at 3-9 if we play well in November and recruiting looks good more than if we go 5-7 and get blown out by every sec team

GreenheadDawg
10-08-2016, 03:08 PM
If we wait until the end of the year, our HC choices will be greatly diminished.

Exactly. LSU pulled the trigger because they knew they had to. But of course we or poor ol' MSU so let's wait until the end of the year because we are too scared to do anything. People have to think real hard about firing a coach after going 4-8. Wow. If you can't see that this relationship is over I don't know what to tell you

Thick
10-08-2016, 03:14 PM
We are going 4-8 at best. No leadership from our players /coaches, and our OC is a huge ***** that's cares more about playing seniors then the best players to put you into a position to win.....quality competition be damned. DM has run defensive coaches off for 8 years, but yet the offensive staff (his friends) are still here. Our offensive line sucks donkey balls, and our running backs have shitty vision and no fire/determination to make defenses gang tackle them. The biggest issue is that our big backs never see the field to prove themselves.

Our defense doesn't attack/run down hill to force our will on ball carriers. Watch well coached/attacking defenses....they influence the tempo and physicality to opposing offenses. We do not have that type of coaching/intensity on either side of the ball. To be successful in this sport, ALL positions and both sides of the ball have to be mean mother****ers. We don't have that...period!

Bothrops
10-08-2016, 03:22 PM
We will go 3-9 this season. Probably 4-8 next season. Mullen is done, he ain't winning at Mississippi state again. Time to move on.

Dawgowar
10-08-2016, 03:26 PM
We are going 4-8 at best. No leadership from our players /coaches, and our OC is a huge ***** that's cares more about playing seniors then the best players to put you into a position to win.....quality competition be damned. DM has run defensive coaches off for 8 years, but yet the offensive staff (his friends) are still here. Our offensive line sucks donkey balls, and our running backs have shitty vision and no fire/determination to make defenses gang tackle them. The biggest issue is that our big backs never see the field to prove themselves.

Our defense doesn't attack/run down hill to force our will on ball carriers. Watch well coached/attacking defenses....they influence the tempo and physicality to opposing offenses. We do not have that type of coaching/intensity on either side of the ball. To be successful in this sport, ALL positions and both sides of the ball have to be mean mother****ers. We don't have that...period!

And our receivers can't catch. We make up for that with a QB who misses them as well.

Homedawg
10-08-2016, 03:29 PM

While I have no issue w him being fired, I get amused by statements like this, unless you are one of the ones who is going to find his almost 10 million $ payoff. Shit ain't free. And again. He's not getting fired.

Thick
10-08-2016, 03:34 PM
And our receivers can't catch. We make up for that with a QB who misses them as well.

Another good point as well.

TUSK
10-08-2016, 03:35 PM
I'm still of the same position that we should wait till the end of the year.

I'm of the same opinion that yall better have your new coach "in the bag" before you can CDM...

It's a "coach's market" out there...

Some coaches are gonna get some jobs/salaries they normally wouldn't this year... Mullen may be one of them...

Ranchdawg
10-08-2016, 03:37 PM
LSU situation is totally different than us! LSU gets every player they really want out of the whole state of Louisana! No kid that is a stud high school player that grows up in Louisana dreams to play for Southeastern La., La Layfette or La Tech ect. They "ALL" dream of playing for the Tigars! Micky Mouse should be able to coach at LSU and at least be competive with Bama.

Look at how many LSU players are on NFL rosters! Sorta like Univ. of FL before Urban Myer came. Back then all players wanted to go to Fl., Fl

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 03:44 PM

This is what I have been talking about when I say that we have to look at the whole picture when someone spouts off about 19 wins the past two years.

Taog Redloh
10-08-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm still on the Mullen train. I think it's more a talent issue than coaching, but of course they are his recruits. He'll get a year to correct this. He'll either rise or tank IMO.

He's not getting fired this year. We've made our bed here, and we got to lie in it. If he tanks we should go get Art Briles. I don't think anyone hires him this year anyway.

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 03:45 PM

THIS all of it!

DudyDawg
10-08-2016, 03:46 PM
My dream scenario is to turn on espn in January and hear about a Texas type job coming open and pundits talking about our new coach who agreed to his deal in November and that if he had waited he would've landed that job. If we are going to fire him, I think we have to do it soon or wait until end of '17. We won't be able to hit a home run hire this offseason with the names that will likely be looking as well.

But beyond that, however we do it, I want mullen ****ing axed. It's one thing to have down years. It's another to lose the team and fans. No one on that sideline gives a ****, why should fans.

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 03:46 PM
We won't fire Dan- but we can sure as hell make it look like he resigned on his own.

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 03:48 PM
While I have no issue w him being fired, I get amused by statements like this, unless you are one of the ones who is going to find his almost 10 million $ payoff. Shit ain't free. And again. He's not getting fired.

I can't pay the whole thing off but they have my permission to use my entire Bulldog Club donation even though that will barely put a dent in it.

DudyDawg
This is what I have been talking about when I say that we have to look at the whole picture when someone spouts off about 19 wins the past two years.

If you didn't hear we were number 1

msstate7
I'm still on the Mullen train. I think it's more a talent issue than coaching, but of course they are his recruits. He'll get a year to correct this. He'll either rise or tank IMO.

He's not getting fired this year. We've made our bed here, and we got to lie in it. If he tanks we should go get Art Briles. I don't think anyone hires him this year anyway.

JUCOs and our development of young players esp fitz will tell the tale for Mullen. Our JUCOs have to pan out next season

confucius say
10-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Wonder what its going to be this week. Every time those of us who have been fed up for some time complain...these guys jump to Mullen's defense and call us crazy. How about now, fellas? Y'all still on board with Mullen?

You'll prob hear them admit they were wrong the same time the "far coinz" crowd admits they were wrong.

blacklistedbully
10-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Isn't it possible we could offer him a settlement if he "resigns"? He wants out anyway. Perhaps a lump-sum offer well South of the buyout would do it.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Isn't it possible we could offer him a settlement if hen "resigns"? He wants out anyway. Perhaps a lump-sum offer well South of the buyout would do it.

Why would Mullen do that? He'll get it all or the buyout if he stays. He's still young so he'll have time to coach elsewhere if he chooses

ILOATHEBears
10-08-2016, 04:28 PM
We won't fire Dan- but we can sure as hell make it look like he resigned on his own.

He is the deal. Mullen realized last year that he wasn't getting a new job. Then our admin did not bow down to his demands and as u know Mullen is vindictive as hell. (See how he has done dear over driving back to jxn to see his family during off season). Mullen decided after all this he didn't give a sh$t, we haven't recruited to our needs cause I thought I would be out of here by now. By him packing it in he can get axed with a buyout, sit a year and a school like Houston, NC State, etc...he can get back in showing other schools "what all he did at po ole MSU" and look at how they have fallen once I left. He is checked out, done, toast all because if he doesn't get what he wants he pouts. Reflect back, as long as we were building a stadium and new athletic building he was "straining" hard and produced

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Why would Mullen do that? He'll get it all or the buyout if he stays. He's still young so he'll have time to coach elsewhere if he chooses

If gets the full amount then he isn't allowed to work anywhere else, not even as an announcer to keep his name out there. Take a payout which would be less and he could work somewhere else and have the buyout in the bank. This would also keep his name out there for the bigger jobs.

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 05:24 PM
He is the deal. Mullen realized last year that he wasn't getting a new job. Then our admin did not bow down to his demands and as u know Mullen is vindictive as hell. (See how he has done dear over driving back to jxn to see his family during off season). Mullen decided after all this he didn't give a sh$t, we haven't recruited to our needs cause I thought I would be out of here by now. By him packing it in he can get axed with a buyout, sit a year and a school like Houston, NC State, etc...he can get back in showing other schools "what all he did at po ole MSU" and look at how they have fallen once I left. He is checked out, done, toast all because if he doesn't get what he wants he pouts. Reflect back, as long as we were building a stadium and new athletic building he was "straining" hard and produced

That makes a lot of sense.

Dawg61
10-08-2016, 05:26 PM

I think Mullen has just missed on Fitz & Staley, missed on his kickers and been way too stubborn at OL coach. He corrects these three things we are a different team.

blacklistedbully
10-08-2016, 05:31 PM
I think Mullen has just missed on Fitz & Staley, missed on his kickers and been way too stubborn at OL coach. He corrects these three things we are a different team.

WAY too late for that. Mullen, and we are reaping what he sowed. He has a fatal flaws...stubborness and unwarranted arrogance.

IMissJack
10-08-2016, 05:33 PM

What about the DB's?

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 05:38 PM
JUCOs and our development of young players esp fitz will tell the tale for Mullen. Our JUCOs have to pan out next season

The fact that we are having to sign so many JUCO's is a problem.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 05:40 PM
The fact that we are having to sign so many JUCO's is a problem.

Yeah... it's also a sign we realize there's a problem and trying to fix it

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 05:42 PM

Kind of like 2002-2003? You have to have a strong locker room for that many Jucos to not cause issues.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Kind of like 2002-2003? You have to have a strong locker room for that many Jucos to not cause issues.

Or we could hit lightening in a bottle. Our juco commits do have nice offers, so we aren't just getting anyone. I'm certainly not guaranteeing they work out, but I definitely think taking them is the right call

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Or we could hit lightening in a bottle. Our juco commits do have nice offers, so we aren't just getting anyone. I'm certainly not guaranteeing they work out, but I definitely think taking them is the right call

Rankin also had nice offers and we saw how he has turned out. Almost every Juco we have gotten the last couple of years has either redshirted or played very little the first year. Slay who might make a Pro Bowl this year hardly got on the field his first year. If we expect Jucos to play next year then we are expecting Mullen to change how he has handled them for most of his head coaching career. It could happen but we are also still waiting on Mullen to stop running our 150 lb RB up the gut who averages 1 yard after contact.

bulldawg28
10-08-2016, 06:12 PM
The DL jucos we have committed now are all SEC talent and can change games.

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 06:19 PM
The DL jucos we have committed now are all SEC talent and can change games.

I don't think we have had anyone besides Ballard and maybe White who came in and lived up to their recruiting ranking out of the gate under Mullen. Most either redshirted or takes 6 or so games before they even show up. It has gotten worse as Mullen has been here longer.

bulldawg28
10-08-2016, 06:27 PM
I don't think we have had anyone besides Ballard and maybe White who came in and lived up to their recruiting ranking out of the gate under Mullen. Most either redshirted or takes 6 or so games before they even show up. It has gotten worse as Mullen has been here longer.

Pernell Mcphee as well. I would agree with that notion of former jucos. However, these guys are the real deal at Co Lin

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Pernell Mcphee as well. I would agree with that notion of former jucos. However, these guys are the real deal at Co Lin

My point is Darius Slay barely saw the field until his senior year but was good enough to start as a rookie in the NFL. Mullen just doesn't start 1st year guys in his system. He seems VERY hard headed about this type stuff so excuse me if I believe it when I see it.

BulldogBear
10-08-2016, 06:42 PM
My point is Darius Slay barely saw the field until his senior year but was good enough to start as a rookie in the NFL. Mullen just doesn't start 1st year guys in his system. He seems VERY hard headed about this type stuff so excuse me if I believe it when I see it.

Same here

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 07:17 PM

This is where I am right now too.

BB30
10-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Mullen is not going anywhere until we see what happens next season. He clearly was trying to ride daks coat tail out of starkville and it backfired. He didn't just become a crappy coach. It will be a long rest of the year but he will not be fired tomorrow. and even if we did we wouldn't hit a homerun hire. Just because our job opens up before Texas or whoever else up and coming coaches aren't stupid and want jump on something until after the season plays out. But it sure did look like Mullen may have lost the team after this one.

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Mullen is not going anywhere until we see what happens next season. He clearly was trying to ride daks coat tail out of starkville and it backfired. He didn't just become a crappy coach. It will be a long rest of the year but he will not be fired tomorrow. and even if we did we wouldn't hit a homerun hire. Just because our job opens up before Texas or whoever else up and coming coaches aren't stupid and want jump on something until after the season plays out. But it sure did look like Mullen may have lost the team after this one.

So if he lost the team then why give him another year? Does he deserve to burn it down like Jackie in 2002 -2003?

lamont
10-08-2016, 07:34 PM

We have had little success with jucos in their 1st year in the program. So basically- they will be no help in 2017

bulldawg28
10-08-2016, 07:37 PM

Gotcha. No disagreement here

GTHOM
10-08-2016, 07:50 PM
It is beyond my realm of understanding how anyone could want to keep Dan Mullen at this point. Im not saying fire him in the morning but you have to after the ass kicking OM will give us. Let him go Mullenites he let y'all go a LONG time ago.

TrapGame
10-08-2016, 07:55 PM
It is beyond my realm of understanding how anyone could want to keep Dan Mullen at this point. Im not saying fire him in the morning but you have to after the ass kicking OM will give us. Let him go Mullenites he let y'all go a LONG time ago.

After Freeze gives us his farewell, going away ass rape in the EB we're gonna feel lower than shit. And Mullen will still smile all the way to the bank.

civildawg
10-08-2016, 08:01 PM

I agree. I don't understand how anyone can defend him. There are about to be ALOT of jobs open this offseason, which makes some scared

GTHOM
10-08-2016, 08:23 PM
After Freeze gives us his farewell, going away ass rape in the EB we're gonna feel lower than shit. And Mullen will still smile all the way to the bank.

Just like he smiled after losing to USA this year and OM last year

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2016, 08:57 PM
First of all, there is a difference in defending Mullen and being reluctant to say fire him today or after the season.

I don't think any State fan is happy with Mullen tonight.

Thick is exactly right.. We are a soft finesse team without the athletes. You may can play finesse at UF but not State. His recruiting or lack of.....has caught up to us. That's on Dan.

However, I think Tusk makes a good point that the "not yet" group is considering. We can't fire him now without a GOOD replacement in hand.

First of all, we don't have an AD. I'm sure Keenum is capable of making the hire but will the money guys work with him? (I am asking, I really don't know.)

2nd, can we buy out his contract and Pay the new coach's contract?

Last, who is even going to be available and interested? With so many jobs coming open (so we assume), it will be a coach's market.

Give it to the end of the year. The picture will become more clear and we will know where stand as far as finding a replacement.