PDA

View Full Version : Defensive head coach or Offensive head coach?

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Playing great defense typically keeps you in games but offense sells tickets. Someone like Patterson at TCU usually has great defense and he has turned over the offense to be ran by some else.

On the flip side you get someone like Urban Myer who runs an offensive system but seems to let his Defense be ran by the coordinator. That is what Mullen can't seem to do is let the DC run his own defense. Mullen has also went away from the offense that was developed under Meyer.

TNDawg35
10-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Hire a damn head coach and make them do what Coach O is doing. Let him go out and hire a hell of a D Cord and an O cord and let them do their damn job.

If I was Keenum, I would be waiting for Mullen's ass when he walked in the locker room and tell him either he fire Hevesy or I will do it. He has until 6pm tonight. That shit play with Rankin today was absolute garbage... I honestly feel sorry for Fitz. He is gonna get killed against Bama and A&M...

IMissJack
10-08-2016, 02:39 PM
It really does not matter, as long as they have great coordinators and let them do their job. The HC needs to be a great manager and good with the alums. There have been successful HC's that were both.

Bothrops
10-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Offensive coach if we want to go bowling. Defensive guy if we want to lose respectfully.

BulldogBear
10-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Lack of focus on D has been a bug part of killing this program the last 3-4 years. You can overcome it with super offense and a Dak but otherwise no.