PDA

View Full Version : A tale of 2 halves

msstate7
10-08-2016, 02:33 PM
In our 3 sec games, we have outscored our opponents 58-3 in one half of the game and been outscored 70-3 in the other half.

Vandelay Industries
10-08-2016, 02:34 PM
In our 3 sec games, we have outscored our opponents 58-3 in one half of the game and been outscored 70-3 in the other half.

Auburn could have scored 60, they put the brakes on

Dawgfan77
10-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Go shoot a byu video sting.

Coursesuper
10-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Granted in two of those games the opposition had effectively shut it down on us. Both AU and LSU could have named their score had they not backed off of us.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 02:36 PM

I don't know. They were running that rb in the first half to go up big and they kept doing it. 14 of their points were defensive scores

Tbonewannabe
10-08-2016, 02:36 PM

They also basically played prevent defense in the 2nd half.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Go shoot a byu video sting.

I guess you take this as sunshine pumping for some reason. It's not... that point differential is horrible

Dawgfan77
10-08-2016, 02:48 PM
No but there are no positives here other than one more game Mullen is gone Don't try to sell us on a positive we are poorly coached and two more wins is our Celling

blacklistedbully
10-08-2016, 02:49 PM
msstate7, tell us again how much better off we are with Mullen. :rolleyes:

msstate7
10-08-2016, 02:51 PM
msstate7, tell us again how much better off we are with Mullen. :rolleyes:

You know the AD job is open. You should go tell keenum your foolproof plan to get us to greatness by firing Mullen right now.

Sacrifice
10-08-2016, 02:52 PM
There is no silver Lining in that ass kicking

blacklistedbully
10-08-2016, 02:56 PM
You know the AD job is open. You should go tell keenum your foolproof plan to get us to greatness by firing Mullen right now.

Who said anything about getting to greatness? We need to stop the bleeding and rebuild. The longer we stick with this shit-show...the worse our opportunity looks. Given there are going to be a number of HC opps coming up at the end of the season, filling ours with a top candidate is going to be harder.

At a minimum we need to be negotiating behind Dan's back...just like he did to us, to see if we can get our guy to commit before it becomes a circus at year's end.

TNDawg35
10-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Who said anything about getting to greatness? We need to stop the bleeding and rebuild. The longer we stick with this shit-show...the worse our opportunity looks. Given there are going to be a number of HC opps coming up at the end of the season, filling ours with a top candidate is going to be harder.

At a minimum we need to be negotiating behind Dan's back...just like he did to us, to see if we can get our guy to commit before it becomes a circus at year's end.

THIS!!!

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-08-2016, 03:08 PM

2nd half adjustments don't mean as much when you get blown out in the first half.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 03:10 PM
2nd half adjustments don't mean as much when you get blown out in the first half.

Yep. I'd like to see us have a contested sec game in the 3rd to see if Sirmon is good at halftime adjustments or if it's just teams coasting

GreenheadDawg
10-08-2016, 03:12 PM

This guy gets it.

Homedawg
10-08-2016, 03:23 PM
This guy gets it.

Only chance Mullen isn't our coach next year is he takes another job or he gets caught on a motorcycle. He isn't getting fired.

MarketingBully
10-08-2016, 03:24 PM
With another shit show coaching job and player performance, the MSU fans lose again. I say this because every MSU board is unreadable bitching about things we can't control. Hell, we don't even have a freaking AD atm to even fire Mullen if we wanted to. My suggestion is for everyone to quit watching this shit show of a season and put all of your money into our baseball and men's basketball programs. We actually have coaches in both of those sports that have played for a national championship and won conference championships (unlike Dan). Also, be patient with this young basketball team and keep this negative bullshit of the football season where it belongs at the football team. Our basketball team will be young this year but will have the third most talent in the conference. I'm pumped about our teams where our coaches actually give a shit about recruiting. It's amazing how you can have success when you recruit at a top level. Imagine that.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2016, 03:45 PM
With another shit show coaching job and player performance, the MSU fans lose again. I say this because every MSU board is unreadable bitching about things we can't control. Hell, we don't even have a freaking AD atm to even fire Mullen if we wanted to. My suggestion is for everyone to quit watching this shit show of a season and put all of your money into our baseball and men's basketball programs. We actually have coaches in both of those sports that have played for a national championship and won conference championships (unlike Dan). Also, be patient with this young basketball team and keep this negative bullshit of the football season where it belongs at the football team. Our basketball team will be young this year but will have the third most talent in the conference. I'm pumped about our teams where our coaches actually give a shit about recruiting. It's amazing how you can have success when you recruit at a top level. Imagine that.

I was telling my son after the first half that basketball season was close and it was gonna be a fun year for basketball and baseball. And you're right this football season has made all the boards unreadable. China Syndrone in place for MSU football right now. I can't stop watching the football team(guess I'm a glutton for punishment) but it's gonna be a long year.

Dawgface
10-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Only chance Mullen isn't our coach next year is he takes another job or he gets caught on a motorcycle. He isn't getting fired.

Very possible we go 3-9 and lose a few games by 40+ points. If we don't fire him under that scenario we deserve everything we get over the next few years. It will look similar to what OM will do under a 3-4 year probation. Actually worse as they so have some players stock piled.

basedog
10-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Bottom line, have a coach lined up before announcing a firing. Lots of openings after this season, I think it will be like this for the future as well. Media, money and fan expectations are a difference maker now days.