Vandelay Industries
10-08-2016, 12:22 PM
There are a lot of people who need to be thrown off the team

JoseBrown
10-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I think he just quit..serious. WTF?

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 12:25 PM
I disagree. He's frustrated because he knows we should be better. I want people like that on my team.

msstate7
10-08-2016, 12:25 PM

Sucking is one thing... getting in trouble off the field time after time and then cheapshots too. He should be done

Skydawg1
10-08-2016, 12:29 PM
I disagree. He's frustrated because he knows we should be better. I want people like that on my team.Exactly. At least he showed some fire.

JoseBrown
10-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Well, I understand he's frustrated, and glad he's angry and shows some fire, but don't blow up a kicker half your size. That's just not right. How about hitting a RB or blow up an olineman. That's not the way to handle it.

Todd4State
10-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Well, I understand he's frustrated, and glad he's angry and shows some fire, but don't blow up a kicker half your size. That's just not right. How about hitting a RB or blow up an olineman. That's not the way to handle it.

I agree. It's not the right way to handle it.

bgover4
10-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Not to defend James but at least he is showing some emotion. Im not usually one to call call a player out, but the guy that needs to be kicked off the team is Rankin.

BayouDawg
10-08-2016, 12:55 PM

Starting with the coach and his lackeys

RezDog7
10-08-2016, 12:55 PM
I disagree. He's frustrated because he knows we should be better. I want people like that on my team.

So you want players that hit kickers after the whistle because we are getting our ass kicked? It was a pansy move in my opinion.

BayouDawg
10-08-2016, 01:12 PM

Todd you were spot on after the egg bowl when you said we needed Dan to land another job. You said if he came back for another year we'd be stuck with a coach going through the motions. You were crucified on here for saying it but you were spot on man

RezDog7
10-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Todd you were spot on after the egg bowl when you said we needed Dan to land another job. You said if he came back for another year we'd be stuck with a coach going through the motions. You were crucified on here for saying it but you were spot on man

I didn't want to believe but I'm a believer now.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-08-2016, 02:22 PM

Lol yeah let's forget about him being a senior that got suspended to open the year and hasn't done anything since. The lockeroom will be better when some of these upperclassmen are gone.

RougeDawg
10-09-2016, 08:02 PM

He wasn't the only one crucified for calling a spade a spade.

Taog Redloh
10-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Agreed, he hasn't done a damn thing since he's been here. I'm starting to think that 2012 class, as highly rated as it was, was a complete and total bust. Ton of attrition, JUCOs that never panned out, and Nick Schuessler. James and Quay were the headliners, and didn't do shit.

Jack Lambert
10-09-2016, 08:34 PM
I hate the 3-4 defense. Plus I saw several times he was being heald. One time White was in the end zone and the Center was just holding him. I know the Ref saw it he had to.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 09:29 PM
So you want players that hit kickers after the whistle because we are getting our ass kicked? It was a pansy move in my opinion.

I want players that play hard with emotion and that are physical. I don’t condone what James did but I disagree with kicking him off the team because of it and the reason I disagree because the CAUSE of his action is the fact that no one else on the team was playing hard and we are better than what our performance is. I’m glad that Nick James cares that we suck. I hope he takes it out on a QB next time. Hopefully he will learn from this and will do that.

Coursesuper
10-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Nick James did the exact same crap in high school. There were times he looked unblockable, then take the next 4 plays off then get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike and get tossed. Hasn't changed much.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 09:43 PM

I hate that I appear to be right about that. I will say that I didn’t expect us to decline this quickly or that we would lose to South Alabama.
To me, it’s disappointing that the University leadership didn’t do more at the time other than not extend Dan. I think I would have been OK with Dan coming back this year if Hevesy was let go. I probably would have been OK if he had been demoted to an office position.
It’s frustrating to me because I think our program has a lot more potential than some of our fans realize because of our history and so as an overall fan base and administration we tend to be a lot more patient and put up with a lot more than other programs in the SEC. And if you really look closely at our recent history usually our pitfall is holding on to a coach for too long, which leads to a longer than it should have been rebuilding project.
You talk about me being crucified- well there are some good things that came out of that because I lost like 60 pounds and got healthier, so there’s that. My clothes don’t fit anymore though! The most surprising thing at that time to me was Bo Bounds calling me an idiot on his show. I think that’s what he called me- it was definitely something along those lines.
At the end of the day whether I am right or wrong I just want MSU football to be the best it can be and to do that we have to dominate the state of Mississippi and that means kicking Ole Miss’s ass on the field and off the field in recruiting and I just hope we find an AD and hopefully a football coach that will do those things. I think the door for that is about to come open for us in the coming months but we must position ourselves to actually do that and take advantage of their situation.

scottycameron
10-09-2016, 09:44 PM
He is what he is, and of course we can't say it on here. But outside the Internet we all know.

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 09:45 PM

This is true. Both of us and others are members of the #agenda.

Goldendawg
10-09-2016, 09:49 PM
My son and I got to the game approx a hr early (after 35 minutes bumper to bumper waiting to turn at the red light to get to parking Lot 28). We stayed for every snap of the pitiful game. It went about like I had expected. I didn't know until recently that James has an arrest or incident with the law bout every year at State (Heck, if true we shouldn't make fun of how many chance the Rev. gives at UNM). I knew he came from HS with baggage. I was hoping for a big SR year from him, but not so far. I too think the 3/4 D from our rookie DC is a disaster and the players don't fit it or has had little time to learn to play it. AU could have had 700 yds against us if they hadn't let up with a 35 pt. lead. I read some with maroon glasses on say we won the second half of the AU game. How do you know how many AU subs got playing time against our not so great talent pool and genius coaches?

msstate7
10-09-2016, 09:58 PM
My son and I got to the game approx a hr early (after 35 minutes bumper to bumper waiting to turn at the red light to get to parking Lot 28). We stayed for every snap of the pitiful game. It went about like I had expected. I didn't know until recently that James has an arrest or incident with the law bout every year at State (Heck, if true we shouldn't make fun of how many chance the Rev. gives at UNM). I knew he came from HS with baggage. I was hoping for a big SR year from him, but not so far. I too think the 3/4 D from our rookie DC is a disaster and the players don't fit it or has had little time to learn to play it. AU could have had 700 yds against us if they hadn't let up with a 35 pt. lead. I read some with maroon glasses on say we won the second half of the AU game. How do you know how many AU subs got playing time against our not so great talent pool and genius coaches?

Auburn essentially ran the big rb to get the big first half lead added by 2 defensive td's. They continued to use the big back in the 2nd half. While it was ugly there for a while, it was really just 3 long td drives, a fg drive, and another drive where they went from their goal line to midfield before punting. The 2 defensive td's were the absolute backbreakers.

I'm not saying we didn't get thrashed... we did. I'm just saying they didn't change the offense in the 2nd half

Todd4State
10-09-2016, 10:00 PM

To be completely fair to James (and sadly I am assuming we are talking about the incident where he was suspended for South Alabama and please correct me if I am wrong) the police officer that arrested James and Bear at Rick’s was suspended and the charges were dropped. And I think it was the same police officer that arrested Dak for his DUI which was also dropped. And if memory serves me correctly the charges were dropped after South Alabama.

Goldendawg
10-09-2016, 10:08 PM
There were many nights that I could have been arrested during my 2 and one half years at State after JC at NEMCC (some great times and some dumb times). Athletes are in a catch 22. High profile gets them attention when others might not even be noticed. Sometimes profile gets them out of some situations that them should be one and done. Probably a lot more incidents of both types that we never hear about at all colleges.

BayouDawg
10-09-2016, 11:12 PM
I hate that I appear to be right about that. I will say that I didn’t expect us to decline this quickly or that we would lose to South Alabama.
To me, it’s disappointing that the University leadership didn’t do more at the time other than not extend Dan. I think I would have been OK with Dan coming back this year if Hevesy was let go. I probably would have been OK if he had been demoted to an office position.
It’s frustrating to me because I think our program has a lot more potential than some of our fans realize because of our history and so as an overall fan base and administration we tend to be a lot more patient and put up with a lot more than other programs in the SEC. And if you really look closely at our recent history usually our pitfall is holding on to a coach for too long, which leads to a longer than it should have been rebuilding project.
You talk about me being crucified- well there are some good things that came out of that because I lost like 60 pounds and got healthier, so there’s that. My clothes don’t fit anymore though! The most surprising thing at that time to me was Bo Bounds calling me an idiot on his show. I think that’s what he called me- it was definitely something along those lines.
At the end of the day whether I am right or wrong I just want MSU football to be the best it can be and to do that we have to dominate the state of Mississippi and that means kicking Ole Miss’s ass on the field and off the field in recruiting and I just hope we find an AD and hopefully a football coach that will do those things. I think the door for that is about to come open for us in the coming months but we must position ourselves to actually do that and take advantage of their situation.

Well said. I agreed with you and rouge and coach last year. I didnt want it to be true but I have enough common sense to read between the lines. It was clear after the egg bowl and especially clear after the abomination on signing day. The bottom line is if we had had an athletic director with a nut sac this situation would've been nipped in the bud. That said athletic director came out smelling like rose while leaving his almamater in a cluster he enabled. This whole thing is embarrassing. Only MSU can find these extravagant ways to piss momentum away.

TimberBeast
10-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Auburn essentially ran the big rb to get the big first half lead added by 2 defensive td's. They continued to use the big back in the 2nd half. While it was ugly there for a while, it was really just 3 long td drives, a fg drive, and another drive where they went from their goal line to midfield before punting. The 2 defensive td's were the absolute backbreakers.

I'm not saying we didn't get thrashed... we did. I'm just saying they didn't change the offense in the 2nd half

You do realize that we could have done the exact same thing right? We should have come into this game with the EXACT same game plan that auburn did, but Mullen only had a couple weeks to prepare for that.

msstate7
10-09-2016, 11:23 PM
You do realize that we could have done the exact same thing right? We should have come into this game with the EXACT same game plan that auburn did, but Mullen only had a couple weeks to prepare for that.

In the game thread, I was pretty hot at our lack of running to start the game. I like Mullen, but he really let me down with this game's plan and preparation

sleepy dawg
10-10-2016, 08:58 AM
If anyone should be gone, it's Myles. He's had more drops this year than someone should have in a career. You're either not a receiver or you're not trying in the games.

Political Hack
10-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Agreed, he hasn't done a damn thing since he's been here. I'm starting to think that 2012 class, as highly rated as it was, was a complete and total bust. Ton of attrition, JUCOs that never panned out, and Nick Schuessler. James and Quay were the headliners, and didn't do shit.

Actually, if you remove Hevesy's OL from that class, we got a ton of snaps out of the kids who stayed. The reason it looks so bad is because there were an abnormal amount of transfers in that class (or guys that quit/left for whatever reason): Quay, Shuss, Q, Jordan Washington, Fred Brown, Gus Walley, Grindle, & Addarius Perkins. Between the guys that left and the OL, that's about half of the class. Too many kids flaked out for it to ever develope, but the ones who stayed did well for the most part. Jiles, Redmond, Autry, Ryan Brown, Dale, Richie, James, Evans, Desper, AJ, Beni Brown, Coman, etc... All of those have been solid contributors to the program even if they did have ups and downs.

mic
10-10-2016, 10:05 AM
To be completely fair to James (and sadly I am assuming we are talking about the incident where he was suspended for South Alabama and please correct me if I am wrong) the police officer that arrested James and Bear at Rick?s was suspended and the charges were dropped. And I think it was the same police officer that arrested Dak for his DUI which was also dropped. And if memory serves me correctly the charges were dropped after South Alabama.

Well said.. NJ has gotten many chances here for sure but
I would be willing to bet things that our guys get arrested for or in trouble with here would never surface at other sec schools..

msbulldog
10-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Not to defend James but at least he is showing some emotion. Im not usually one to call call a player out, but the guy that needs to be kicked off the team is Rankin.

Agree Rankin wasn't even trying.

confucius say
10-10-2016, 10:30 AM
If anyone should be gone, it's Myles. He's had more drops this year than someone should have in a career. You're either not a receiver or you're not trying in the games.

I don't think you kick a guy off the team for playing poorly. It's the locker room cancers you need to get rid of.

blacklistedbully
10-10-2016, 12:01 PM

Here are a few quotes I made in 11/13 I got blasted for:

Dan sounding like Houston Nutt his last year at OM
"First time in 113 years we have won in the state of Arky" = "Back-to-back Cotton Bowls for the first time in 50 years. 50 years!"

We just barely squeaked by a really shitty Arky team. Dan lost me earlier this year when he insisted on trotting Bell out there time & again for choke-job FG misses. He did it again today. Beat OM or not, I'm firmly on the fire Dan wagon. There is just no excuse for this kind of BS.

He is the ST coach, and we suck at ST. I truly believe we won today, in part because Dan was forced to use JR more due to LD's injury.

I'm done, done, done with the Mullen era.

and...

Yet I haven't "bitched every time we've won". In fact, I was one of those getting accused of "wearing maroon glasses" earlier in the year for my defense of Mullen and staff, and my optimism of how well we might do this year.

My negativity has little to do with a W or L on game day. It has everything to do with a coach that continues to make the same bone-headed mistakes that seem to cost us one-game-after-another. I am beyond tired of the same ol' BS that has seemed to hold us back from our true potential damn near every week for at least the past 2 years. Something needs to change. I had thought Dan would adjust this year after what we saw last year, but he really doesn't seem to have. That's what makes me frustrated about continuing to go down this path beyond this year.

If Mullen refuses to change, we are damned fools if we expect different results going forward. I don't mean record-wise, as SOS alone can affect that. Rather I'm talking about continuing to perform at a level well below our potential, win or lose.

and when asked to provide reasons why I was pissed...

NEVER, EVER trot Devon Bell out for a FG attempt with the game on the line. That's beyond stupid. Doesn't matter the down or distance. Bell has proven time & again he is a choker, perhaps the worst I have even seen. Yes, one was blocked, but that's not the first time that's happened either. Did anybody other than DM actually think Bell was gonna make that last one?

Favoring LP over JR. Has cost us before, and likely would have again if Perk didn't get hurt.

Running a fragile, ineffective runner, TR. Mullen, a former QB coach of many years not getting a 5th-year Senior QB to the point where he realizes he holds the ball too long, resulting in drive-killing sacks, missed scoring opportunities, etc. TR should have been better every year. He isn't. And it's not because of injuries.

Coach, it's way more than what happened today for me. It's the continued use of failed strategy/personnel decisions that seem to hold us back game-after-game. It's what looks like a lack-of-growth by Mullen. I think we can all see, regardless of wins or losses that our team, particularly over the last 2 years has stepped on it's own dick so often we can barely "get it up" for crap teams like Arky.

Yes, we played hard against Bama and aTm, but it's not all that unusual for team's to do that when they face a much better opponent, just as it's not unusual for that much better opponent to have an "off-day" versus an inferior opponent.

I have watched every game this year, and it seems to me we've had several plays a game that were just plain stupid decisions by our coaching staff. It doesn't take more than 1 or 2 to lose you a game. We seem to have more of those type losses than any other team I can think of.

Of course, 2014 & 2015 made these comments look pretty bad, but it looks like the worm may have turned. I think a lot of 2014-2015 was in spite of Dan's glaring weaknesses, and because we had Dak & JRob tearing it up.

blacklistedbully
10-10-2016, 12:11 PM
FWIW, I came back and ate crow in 2014, and posted that it looked like Mullen had lost some of his obstinacy and made adjustments. But this year is looking a lot like the old Mullen + the added issue of his continued flirting with other jobs killing our recruiting (not to mention Hevesy, etc).

BankerDog
10-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Look I don't agree with what he did. But the guy was the only one ticked off on the sideline the whole game. At least he doesn't like getting his tail dominated.

msstate7
10-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Look I don't agree with what he did. But the guy was the only one ticked off on the sideline the whole game. At least he doesn't like getting his tail dominated.

Then hit the rb running straight down his throat, not the defenseless kicker

RezDog7
10-10-2016, 02:12 PM
I want players that play hard with emotion and that are physical. I don?t condone what James did but I disagree with kicking him off the team because of it and the reason I disagree because the CAUSE of his action is the fact that no one else on the team was playing hard and we are better than what our performance is. I?m glad that Nick James cares that we suck. I hope he takes it out on a QB next time. Hopefully he will learn from this and will do that.

I never said kick him off the team. I just think it was pointless to take your frustration out on a kicker when you're getting your ass kicked.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2016, 02:19 PM
I hate that I appear to be right about that. I will say that I didn?t expect us to decline this quickly or that we would lose to South Alabama.
To me, it?s disappointing that the University leadership didn?t do more at the time other than not extend Dan. I think I would have been OK with Dan coming back this year if Hevesy was let go. I probably would have been OK if he had been demoted to an office position.
It?s frustrating to me because I think our program has a lot more potential than some of our fans realize because of our history and so as an overall fan base and administration we tend to be a lot more patient and put up with a lot more than other programs in the SEC. And if you really look closely at our recent history usually our pitfall is holding on to a coach for too long, which leads to a longer than it should have been rebuilding project.
You talk about me being crucified- well there are some good things that came out of that because I lost like 60 pounds and got healthier, so there?s that. My clothes don?t fit anymore though! The most surprising thing at that time to me was Bo Bounds calling me an idiot on his show. I think that?s what he called me- it was definitely something along those lines.
At the end of the day whether I am right or wrong I just want MSU football to be the best it can be and to do that we have to dominate the state of Mississippi and that means kicking Ole Miss?s ass on the field and off the field in recruiting and I just hope we find an AD and hopefully a football coach that will do those things. I think the door for that is about to come open for us in the coming months but we must position ourselves to actually do that and take advantage of their situation.

So you still a fat ass or what? What was your starting weight? Just messing with you.